The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Russian gas giant could use T&T's LNG trains

sgtdjones 2019-06-20 17:39:44 

Russian gas giant could use T&T's LNG trains

An ar­ti­cle car­ried by Man­hat­tan-based fi­nan­cial news ser­vice, Bloomberg, is sug­gest­ing that Russ­ian state-con­trolled gas gi­ant Ros­neft PJSC could seek to de­vel­op close ties with Trinidad and To­ba­go, to pro­duce gas from two gas fields giv­en to it by Venezuela.

The ar­ti­cle sug­gests that Trinidad and To­ba­go's LNG trains in Point Fortin could be used to de­vel­op the gas for ex­port.

An ac­cord signed by both Rus­sia and Venezuela ear­li­er this month will give Ros­neft tax breaks to pro­duce and ex­port gas from the Patao and Mejil­lones fields off Venezuela’s east coast.

Bloomberg re­ports that the fields are es­ti­mat­ed to hold 6.4 tril­lion cu­bic feet of nat­ur­al gas and that the fields are less than 100 kilo­me­ters (62 miles) from Trinidad and To­ba­go, where de­clin­ing do­mes­tic out­put has left ex­port fa­cil­i­ties with spare ca­pac­i­ty that could be filled by out­put from Venezuela.

It says that Ros­neft would have two op­tions to ex­port the gas, one be­ing to build a liq­ue­fied nat­ur­al gas plant in Venezuela, and the oth­er, to pipe the gas to Trinidad where there are LNG trains with spare ca­pac­i­ty.

The ar­ti­cle states: "Venezuela doesn’t have LNG fa­cil­i­ties, An­tero Al­vara­do at the con­sult­ing firm Gas En­er­gy Latin Amer­i­ca said, and Rus­sia doesn’t have strong com­mer­cial ties to near­by Trinidad, the ob­vi­ous place to ini­tial­ly sell it. The deal sug­gests Rus­sia may push to have a big­ger pres­ence in Trinidad in the fu­ture.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-06-20 17:40:04 

Ros­neft has been pick­ing up Venezuela's oil com­pa­ny PDVSA's as­sets since 2011 when it bought the com­pa­ny’s stake the Ruhr Oel GmbH re­fin­ing com­pa­ny in Ger­many.

It went on to take stakes in three heavy oil project in the Orinoco basin, as well as two joint ven­tures in the Lake Mara­cai­bo re­gion.

As a re­sult of the changes signed by Russ­ian Pres­i­dent Vladimir Putin, Ros­neft and its sup­pli­ers will be ex­empt from val­ue-added and im­port tax­es to de­vel­op the two gas fields, which are near to where Exxon Mo­bil Corp. is rush­ing to ex­tract oil in neigh­bor­ing Guyana.

Ros­neft is al­so con­sid­er­ing en­ter­ing an­oth­er nat­ur­al gas block, known as Deltana 5, that’s much clos­er to a bor­der that’s been hot­ly con­test­ed, ac­cord­ing to two peo­ple fa­mil­iar with the plan.

This would make Spanky really happy.

bravos 2019-06-20 21:36:33 

Let me help STD's thread to get a lil traction as I have done unwittingly in the past challenging his garbage postings,it seems like this idiot can report some positive news too after-all..

As volatile as it seems T&T is set to benefit from all this activity,oil and gas muss pump no matter who pumpin it T&T will get a BIG piece of the pie..unless they prepared to spend billions and years to build new plants in politically unstable lands instead of a simple pipeline to T&T,bring on the pipelines,there will be many..

sgtdjones 2019-06-20 22:46:50 

In reply to bravos

Bobolee

The Russkies have LNG trains on ships that they can move into the region, the above is just speculation about using
LNG Trains in T&T.

bravos 2019-06-20 23:31:29 

The Russkies have LNG trains on ships that they can move into the region, the above is just speculation about using LNG Trains in T&T.

There are no such things as 'lng trains' on ships idiot..

And in this big man business 'speculation' from certain quarters is prophecy..

Expect many pipe-lines in all directions coming to T&T an many tankers coming and going,and this is a value added product when we're finished with it,so expect T&T to get it's fair share of the billions upon billions..

bravos 2019-06-20 23:42:32 

You think this is plane trains ships and automobiles ah wah? You think is a choo choo train ah wah? and this isn't just about some lng trains but among the biggest and best in the world..

A dollar taken from 145 million Russians is a dollar given to 1.4 million Trinis,do the arithmetic..

bravos 2019-06-21 00:17:02 

'Russian LNG Trains on ships'

STDJones
circus clown 2019.

sgtdjones 2019-06-21 01:07:17 

In reply to bravos

Bobolee

The Soviet Arctic cannot supports land based trains,
to much peatmoss, they will sink in summer.It is the biggest hazard for the Soviets in rich gas fields

Trains are put on ships near the ports and LNG pumped
to special tankers suitable for navigating thru Ice Fields in winter. Such ships can break ice up to 2.5m.

Gazprom indicated that Exxon Mobil and Conoco Phillips were included on the list.Also Royal Dutch Shell, Repsol YPF and Petro-Canada were mentioned as partners.
Petro Canada has the experience of drilling and shipping gas under similar conditions in the Arctic.

Again you looking stupid and uneducated.

razz razz razz razz

bravos 2019-06-21 06:12:08 

Cut and paste us one of those 'LNG trains on a ship',we all know your'e the cut and paste queen..

Idiot..

sgtdjones 2019-06-21 13:07:11 

Bobolee

When you are clueless its wise to say nutting.

I keep exposing thee.

razz razz razz razz

bravos 2019-06-21 13:23:58 

LNG trains on ships..

No cut and paste articles about LNG trains on ships ??

sgtdjones 2019-06-21 13:32:10 

In reply to bravos

I hexplained why above but your head is hard as concrete
you pour , so its not worth the effort.

The land in the Soviet Arctic cannot support such
equipment, but some day when you graduate from high school
will explain further.

lol lol lol

90mph 2019-06-21 13:52:56 

Link Text

Yep FLNG is coming of age

bravos 2019-06-21 15:10:11 

your'e better than STDJ! For extreme situations maybe,less than 100 km isn't hard to reach..no need for that unlikely option ..the fields are not in Antarctica or the middle of a big ocean,it's a few miles from land...

They not gonna build one of those for that,I'll go with Bloomberg here..

sgtdjones 2019-06-21 19:10:31 

In reply to 90mph

This bobolee bravos is a dunce

He has no clue about the Conditions in the Soviet Arctic,
nor where the gas deposits are .I have been there with Petro Canada..

The land when frozen (peatmoss) will hold some weight in summer it will sink, even the support for the pipelines
Canada has some answers to help.

bravos just like to babble in his bubble.

A useless Tit.

sgtdjones 2019-06-21 19:18:37 

In reply to bravos

Why dont you just shut up..you are digging a deeper hole as it goes along.

It shows how little you know about LNG.

Stick to pouring concrete.

bravos 2019-06-21 23:33:06 

In reply to sgtdjones

Idiot back-channel talks have begun..you dunce...talking to yourself again I see..

Courtesy 2019-06-21 23:48:16 

In reply to sgtdjones

Bobolee:

There are no such things as 'lng trains' on ships idiot..

When Bobolee is caught with his pants down:
your'e better than STDJ! For extreme situations maybe,

lol lol lol

I must say from the outset that I know lil' about the Petro-Chemical Industry except in the making of aspirin.
but bravos was exposed royally at a rate of 90mph.

Why this man keeps making a fool of himself we will never know.

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2019-06-22 01:22:20 

In reply to Courtesy

You think this is plane trains ships and automobiles ah wah?

Let me help STD's thread to get a lil traction as I have done unwittingly in the past challenging his garbage postings,

I catch him every time. His responses when caught
are priceless.

People are making fun about him on threads .

This man's head is so hard. I was gonna fish him in more but 90mph came in.

I am embarrassed to be a Trini owing to this bobolee.

lol lol lol

Then he wants to kill an anaconda with a penknife and stick, a 450 lbs alligator which a truck ran over and it was still alive . He can kill it with a pick ax. He must have seen Tarzan do it.

He has never seen an alligator since he claims T&T gats none. Nor an anaconda in the wild , it hides at the waters edge .

oh gord , how can someone be this stupid...sigh