Chrissy 2019-06-24 00:38:46 

22.00 fastest 200 this year
Shelley Ann 22.22 - Wow!!

Chrissy 2019-06-24 00:49:53 

Dwyer beats Blake 20.23
Blake 20.27

RoyalDad 2019-06-24 01:02:32 

In reply to Chrissy

Guess Elaine is back. Back with a BANG. Nice run too by Shelly as the 200 is not her best.

Blake still coming.

S Jackson excellent performance. Always been in the rear of Shaunae but who knows. May be peaking at the right time.

Chrissy 2019-06-24 01:20:45 

In reply to RoyalDad

One big mess going on here- Danielle Williams false started and is still making a scene - so then they start the race without her and another false start - Janique Brown didn't hear and four of them ran - only Janique finished the race.
Can't believe this madness. Fans shouting they want Danielle. One of these days we will destroy all the hard work with this damned indiscipline.

Looks like they will rerun the race later. Stewwwwwwps.

Elaine looks really good. Shelley is also looking good.

Chrissy 2019-06-24 01:22:49 

Apparently Danielle says there was a sound before the gun.

Chrissy 2019-06-24 01:35:28 

Race will be rerun without Danielle Williams - red card was shown to her three times and then her coach came into the area - all clear violations.

mikesiva 2019-06-24 07:31:01 

In reply to Chrissy

Chaos in the 100m hurdles final

Women's 200m

1) Elaine Thompson 22.00
2) SAFP 22.22
3) Schillonie Calvert 22.92

Men's 200m

1) Rasheed Dwyer 20.23
2) Yohan Blake 20.27
3) Andre Ewers 20.48

The women's times look good, but not impressed by the men's times....

Women's 400m

1) Shericka Jackson 49.78
2) Anastasia Le-Roy 50.94
3) Steph McPherson 51.01

Men's 400m

1) Demish Gaye 44.83
2) Terry Thomas 45.47
3) Javon Francis 45.60

110m hurdles

1) Ronald Levy 13.23
2) Orlando Bennett 13.27
3) Andrew Riley 13.33

More here

Dukes 2019-06-24 07:53:17 

In reply to Chrissy

National Athletics Champs.
Indiscipline rules again!
Ignore the rules and "low-de-youth" wins again!

Quote from our good friend Wilko.

I must say I agree with him.
People are even putting forward the ridiculous idea that VCB and SFP got exemptions in the past so Danielle should also.

Oh well......

Larr Pullo 2019-06-24 08:02:16 

In reply to Chrissy

Big money and endorsements at stake. Missing World Championships is a huge deal. Were athletes in other races having difficulty hearing the gun at the start?

Larr Pullo 2019-06-24 08:03:24 

In reply to Dukes

I guess your views on indiscipline in sport doesn't extend to all spheres given your views on Hetmyer?

Dukes 2019-06-24 11:01:45 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Hetmyer is indisciplined?? When?? Where? How?
Was he charged with a level 1 or 2 breach of discipline?
This is news to me.
Should he be fined or suspended for the rest of the World Cup?

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Larr Pullo 2019-06-24 11:37:22 

In reply to Dukes

Is "discipline" a single faceted domain?

Dukes 2019-06-24 13:06:07 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You guys never answer questions asked and obfuscate by asking silly questions instead.

Chrissy 2019-06-24 13:08:36 

In reply to Dukes

She just ruined her standing in JA athletics - for nothing.

The race was eventually cancelled because three of the four who reran the race were injured.

Chrissy 2019-06-24 13:09:49 

In reply to Dukes

Of course Wilko is correct - she knows the rules.

The sad part is the meet was almost flawless before this mess.

Ayenmol 2019-06-24 13:23:33 

In reply to Chrissy

The race was eventually cancelled because three of the four who reran the race were injured.

Wait! What? Injuries matter? How? Why? Where?

shock shock shock

Larr Pullo 2019-06-24 13:42:12 

In reply to Dukes

Because your question was in turn silly.

Now answer the question is discipline only behavior related?

Headley 2019-06-25 01:30:41 

In reply to RoyalDad

I went Sat evening and Sun evening. The women and girls kicking butt. The men no so much. Gaye with 44.84 was the only 'brightish' spot. When the Danielle Williams fiasco continued I decided to leave to escape the carpark 1 hour wait exit. Will discuss details later in the month and next month as the season continues.

mikesiva 2019-06-25 11:58:30 

In reply to Headley

Wait possessed Akeem Bloomfield to run the 200m instead of the 400m? He came fifth in 20.81, which is a good second off his PB.

newdread 2019-06-25 12:26:52 

In reply to Chrissy

The sad part is the meet was almost flawless before this mess.

We should never assume that "officials" are always right. Danielle Williams protested her disqualification for a false start because an instant before the gun was fired there was a very similar sound caused by a spectator in the grandstand stepping on and bursting one of the cylindrical plastic balloons given out by sponsors. It was audible to many persons. Of course the starter could not hear it because he is wearing earphones. Despite him being told repeatedly that there was indeed a sound, he refused to listen.

Williams was well within her right to protest a ruling from an official. Just last week Fedrick Dacres would have been denied a new national record in the discus had he not successfully protested an incorrect foul throw ruling made by a judge at a meet in Rabat, Morocco.

I am surprised that you have so quickly sided with the "authorities".

As to the meet being "flawless before this mess"....we will agree to disagree. I was there and I know you only watched on TV. The truth that this current JAAA leaves a lot to be desired in many ways.....but that is another story altogether.

Chrissy 2019-06-25 13:47:42 

In reply to newdread

I hear yuh

Headley 2019-06-25 14:44:59 

In reply to mikesiva

I do not know. I suspect he is carrying an injury. He has not had a good race for the season. But sponsors are paying him big money and he had dropped out earlier in the year during a 200m race in Grenada.

On Jun 8 at the Racers Grand Prix he was able to catch Dwyer in spite of a very slow start and did a slow 20.24 I recall.

I should also have mentioned that he is 6 ft 3ins or 6ft 4ins and ran the final in lane 1. That race had to be for the sponsors.

rudebway 2019-06-25 18:29:37 

In reply to Headley

went Friday Saturday and sunday. in regards to Danielle Williams, I can see from the replay why it could be justified to FS her. I was in section O, about the 80 meter line, so I really cant comment on whether there was a pop from one of those plastic WATA inflatables or whatever. But from the replay, her DQ was more justified than the one of Jonielle Smith about 2 years ago. We can claim discipline or whatever else, but the bottom line is although she won us a medal, she is not Shelly, Elaine or Usain. I guarantee you a "faulty start" would have been the outcome for those 3.

other observations; ..Men were underwhelming.. I agree that Bloomfield is probably not at 100%. looked flat in the semis. I was worried that he would chop his strides in the finals (he had lane one) and pull a muscle or something. I like Oblique Seville. I am really hoping he continues to improve and transition. Giving up on KBC, Minzie, Forte. I guess our 4 *1 will be Givans to Tyquando to Rasheed to Blake. Glad to see to Michael Ohara alive, shame he tripped over the penultimate hurdle.

the women were impressive. If Elaine's achilles continues to improve and she can have a semi explosive start, I see 10.65. Very impressed with Briania Williams, shame that Kevona was hurt. She might need to leave the tuff dirt at Frankfield. I am thinking Briania to Shelly to Jonielle to Elaine. I am not sold on Jonielle on the 3rd leg, but it is what it is.

and Ms Sherika Jackson was great. Barnett from Florida was flat and not really ready. Tiffany James keeps lowering her times. I like it

RoyalDad 2019-06-25 20:20:37 

In reply to Headley

Have to agree. The women doing great while replenishing the " stock" so to speak with a bunch of youngsters. Just cant say same about men.

Women who were missing.Kiarra Grant. Lanae Thomas. Kevona Davis and Ashanti Moore. All for legit reasons.

Bloomfield and Allen missing also. Poor performance by Akeem. Must be injured.

Allen....don't know status.

The women's hurdles debacle was unfortunate. Is this the same starter who crushed the dreams of one Jonielle Smith couple years ago?? WOW!!!

Prefontaine this weekend is a cracker.

RoyalDad 2019-06-25 20:23:15 

In reply to rudebway

All good points sah.

You would have expected Whyte to do better than Smith after last season. But I like Jonielle as she is improving every year.

JahJah 2019-06-25 20:30:23 

In reply to rudebway

The alarming regression of KBC. WOW!

Oh well.

Headley 2019-06-25 21:19:45 

In reply to rudebway

Good summary. Seville looks like the real deal. I was disappointed and felt Chrisann Gordon's pain. A fit Gordon would have pushed McPherson and LeRoy.

Headley 2019-06-25 21:25:21 

In reply to RoyalDad

Allen was reported to have felt a twinge in his hamstring a few days before trials and decided to play it safe.

Ewers was doing so well last year but did not show up for FSU nor at Ja trials. None of the college men performed. Even Bailey in the 400m dropped out.

Headley 2019-06-25 21:32:41 

In reply to JahJah

KBC had a bout of chickingunya in 2014-15 and it affected him badly. I hear that shyte can muck you up bad. I know peeps who are experiencing symptoms since 2014.

As a result I have a personal war against mosquitos. Those things are worse than lions and tigers. Anywhere I stay in the Caribbean I ask if the windows are screened. If not, I'm out of there.

RoyalDad 2019-06-25 22:38:11 

In reply to Headley

I think Ewers ran 200 and finished 3rd.

Yes. Here we go again. Seville may be the one to break out. At least he repeated champs time twice I believe.

Chambers regressing man since he left Auburn. He looks too top heavy.

Matherson doing OK.Lets see what improvement, if any next year.

Nairne off to Oregon. Good move.

Any info on Taylor and Dejour? Hope both get accepted to US colleges. NO news on Wilson either. He went to a junior college.

But the girls are busting up the place.

mikesiva 2019-06-27 07:03:14 

In reply to Chrissy

Danielle Williams is out

RoyalDad 2019-06-27 11:13:36 

In reply to mikesiva

Apart from Janeek who are the next two highest ranking hurdlers...Williams omitted because of DQ??

Personally, Tapper should leave hurdles and try 100 flat instead.

rudebway 2019-06-28 01:00:45 

In reply to RoyalDad

apart from Janeek who are the next two highest ranking hurdlers

from the jamaica observer...
Janeek Brown was ranked 16th with 1229 points, Yanique Thompson at at 28th with 1204 points, Jeanine Williams is 40th with 1188 points and Megan Tapper is 49th with 1177 points.

thats as of now. it will be based on their ranking on August 26th.

btw. Completely unrelated. We mentioned the delicate KBC, but what has happened to Odeean Skeen? Since he pulled up at the last trials, i havent heard of him competing. any idea?

Headley 2019-06-28 03:05:08 

In reply to RoyalDad

Yes Wilson completed one year of J College. I hear Taylor is training in the States. No news on Russell.

Oblique is the best schoolboy sprinter in Ja since Blake and Zarnel Hughes. I love his size. Totally lean. Carrie Russell's cousin. Should be the next big thing.

mikesiva 2019-06-28 05:43:52 

In reply to rudebway

The same article said that if Danielle Williams won the Diamond League, the JAAA would meet to discuss whether to accept a wild card into the World Championships.

I suppose they will cross that bridge if they get there. I can't see anyone pipping Kendra Harrison to the Diamond League title.

RoyalDad 2019-06-28 15:22:12 

In reply to Headley

Seville looks different. He is talented and his times have been consistent.
Hope he is the next big thing.

Does he compete at champs next year?

Good move by Taylor. Russell needs to do same.

Headley 2019-06-29 04:56:19 

In reply to RoyalDad

He was in 2nd year class 1 this year. He mised the first year because he transferred from Holmwood to CBar. I do not see the point of running with schoolboys next year. He needs to move to the next level.

RoyalDad 2019-06-29 16:31:35 

In reply to Headley

HE SURE DOES. Much the best of the young talent....Sachin???

Ewart 2019-06-29 18:02:55 

In reply to Headley

Training in the US yes, but he is currently in Germany (seeing Bolt's doctor) for the hamstring niggle that slowed him a Champs.

//