The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

AOC and the Concentration Camp

Casper 2019-06-24 22:29:09 

She sure knows how to get the goat of the haters on the Right, but she is right in her assessment..

Yes, we do have concentration camps.They are not work camps. They are not death camps. At least, not on purpose. Our government is not building massive gas chambers and industrial crematoria. It is not conducting sick medical experiments on members of an unfavored class.

But that does not mean that the places into which we are herding tens of thousands of migrants, refugees and asylum-seekers are not properly called concentration camps. Because that is precisely what they are.

This the concentration camp and that the death camp.

Because that starts as this. Some of the people who study, and some of the people who survived or are descended from survivors of the Holocaust, are pointing out that that crime against humanity did not arrive overnight.

It worked its way up, from nasty political speeches (check) to politicians seeking and gaining power with promises to protect the purity of the nation from foreign invasion (check) is to denying basic human rights and decency to people of an unfavored class (check).

Forget about the term and it’s association with death camps, by definition what Trump is doing is getting Americans acclimatized to having “others” separated in camps, with babies ripped from their mothers’ arms and these “others” kept in cages.

As Charles Blow asks in his opinion piece:

Folks, we can use any form of fuzzy language we want, but the United States under Donald Trump is currently engaged in an unconscionable act. He promised to crack down on immigrants and yet under him immigrants seeking asylum have surged. And he is meeting the surge with indescribable cruelty.

Donald Trump is running concentration camps at the border. The question remains: what are we going to do about it?

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-06-24 22:31:15 

is this the same as a focus camp?

Casper 2019-06-24 22:34:39 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

It would serve you so much better to read and learn rather than shoot from the fingertips to score a cheap point.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-06-24 22:37:09 

In reply to Casper

Too much Chlorine in the gene pool wink

VIX 2019-06-25 00:28:40 

Finally an end to the impeachment threads. Phew!

Now the backroom can can concentrate on random inconsequential democrats

Casper 2019-06-25 01:01:17 

In reply to VIX

Why talk about impeachment when he’s self-impeaching?

It’s happening but you can’t get it.

nitro 2019-06-25 01:38:16 

In reply to Casper

Concentration camps for people who invited themselves there.

America has laws. Tell Congress to change them if you dont like.

maj 2019-06-25 02:41:24 

In reply to nitro

Crisis brought upon themselves. Why must we spend millions on parasites.

conman 2019-06-25 12:59:27 

In reply to maj

parasites

wow

Runs 2019-06-25 14:26:16 

In reply to conman

From an immigrant at that, I cannot understand the mentality, what ever happened to due process? cool

conman 2019-06-25 14:52:50 

In reply to Runs

that fox news kool aid
iv seen people change from obama to trump

that kool aid is powerful

carl0002 2019-06-25 16:44:49 

In reply to Runs
I have a friend who lives in Miami. She works in an accounting office. She has a co-worker who was a refugee from from Honduras. So Honduras Refugee - Hold that for a sec.

Now the lady is a Trump supporter. But you should here her speak about the refugees from the golden triangle. And what Trump needs to do with them. So here is a refugee from the Golden Triangle who living her version of the American dream, she speaks about her fellow country mates, fleeing violence and poverty, coming into the US VIA the same route as she did and she is doing so in a disparaging manner. How does that happen?

shock

Runs 2019-06-25 16:47:39 

In reply to carl0002

I made it and got the “goodies” and no I do not want any of you to get. Look at me how successful I am.
Selfish, greedy fcuks. cool

Bigzinc 2019-06-25 17:00:28 

In reply to Runs

ditto....

morons vote against their self interests...brown people at the gates..pretty sure maj not white unless he is an honorary one rolleyes

Runs 2019-06-25 17:01:50 

In reply to Bigzinc
Let me say this right about now if he white then me pink as in whiter than white lol

Bigzinc 2019-06-25 17:07:27 

In reply to Runs

well how do you explain his right wing rhetoric... man is an ardent TRUMPeter

maj 2019-06-25 17:22:39 

In reply to conman

yes have these families put anything into the American system, NO!!

Runs 2019-06-25 17:22:50 

In reply to Bigzinc

They are competing with him fuh wuk lol

maj 2019-06-25 17:26:41 

In reply to Runs

what ever happened to due process? cool

yes like the ones that have had their due process, have been ordered to leave, disobeying a judge's order and are being told to hide by idiot Liberals.

these people dont care about the law they are just selfish, to hell with the law, they want to make money.

Why are they allowed to flout the laws when citizens must obey them.

maj 2019-06-25 17:29:01 

In reply to Bigzinc

no am not white just a law abiding citizen, who worked for everything I have achieved. I hate all those who just want it for free and don't want to abide by our laws.

if thats selfish or being "white" oh well.

Bigzinc 2019-06-25 17:33:52 

In reply to maj

you want to deny others the same opportunities you have..and that is a problem

you are now in the us vs them mode and you cannot see it. sure some immigrants are crooks and parasites but you are not one so why deny others or use Trump language to demonize people.

you sound like a hard hearted moron

Runs 2019-06-25 17:35:06 

In reply to maj

They are not allowed to flout the laws, for all of DT’s bluster and your willingness to lap up the coolaid, the “Liberal” Obama applied the law and deported more illegals. wink
That my Guyanese brethren is fact.

maj 2019-06-25 17:42:29 

In reply to Bigzinc

Deny no..im all for legal immigration. Wrongfully claiming asylum and border hopping im against.

When they arrive they expect free healthcare, housing and more. File your docs and wait your turn, they dont want to do that.

maj 2019-06-25 17:46:26 

In reply to Runs

Obama is gone speak of the present..

Who wants to Abolish ICE"? Who alerts "illegals" of impending ICE raids? Who created sanctuary cities? Who said the illegal immigration was not a crisis?

Dumb Democrat Liberals is who..

Runs 2019-06-25 17:57:45 

In reply to maj
DT alerted illegals by tweet bro
GOP does not have a plan. Who resigned today? It is a self created mess. lol
I know you get annoyed and confused with facts and figures finding such challenging.

Sanders announced his resignation, effective July 5, in a letter to employees on Tuesday. He has led the agency for just about two months. Sanders replaced CBP’s former director, Kevin McAleenan, who moved up to replace Kirstjen Nielsen as homeland security secretary. lol

maj 2019-06-25 18:14:00 

In reply to Runs

Annoyed for what, you dont answer direct questions you dont like.

You wont like DT's plan.

Runs 2019-06-25 18:54:00 

In reply to maj

He has no plan, he never had a plan. Unless you mean,
1 manufacture a crisis by fearmongering, getting his base to buy in
2 toss fire and brimstone about it to the opposition and media
3 relax and diffuse after claiming non cooperation from all
4 declare victory and blame democrats for shortcomings

That is his M.O. and you gullible guys lap it up. lol