The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jamaica vs Curacao...

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:28:01 

With all the Jamaicans on here why am I the one to post this?

Alyou only know how to talk when all you team winning?

buds 2019-06-26 01:29:20 

JA 1--Curacao 0
65:01

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:34:51 

In reply to buds

They winning the battle, not the war....

Shouldn't Jamaica be Thailanding Curacao?

buds 2019-06-26 01:37:32 

In reply to Ayenmol

JA ball play is too slow and lack any creativity. NTM, no drive to win against teams that they should beat convincingly.

They play to draw. Its just pure luck that they win.

twisted twisted

Chrissy 2019-06-26 01:40:58 

In reply to Ayenmol

Who won the last meeting?

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:42:48 

In reply to buds

This is the thing about team sports...you either need a supremely talented team, or you need a few guys who are wholly driven, confident and disciplined.

Otherwise you have underachieving team who just happy to be there...

Jamaica missing a bunch of easy chances.

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:44:28 

In reply to Chrissy

No idea...if I had not left the box on fs1 I would not have known this game was being played. I don't actively seek out concacaf.

buds 2019-06-26 01:45:06 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yep--That was an easy goal but, no brain..Put the ball on the ground.

buds 2019-06-26 01:46:48 

In reply to Chrissy

JA just lucky to win..

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:47:26 

In reply to buds

Dude missed a wide open header earlier too...

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:51:07 

Who's the JA coach? He looks familiar...

buds 2019-06-26 01:52:39 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yep-They just lack any creativity or leadership.

Trinidad play a much better style of Football than JA.The talent may not be there like JA. Beat these lower team convincingly!

buds 2019-06-26 01:53:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

Theodore Whitmore

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 01:57:35 

In reply to buds

Not sure I know the name...thanks...

Curacao just equalised. ... Jamaica's probability of advancing taking a hit..

Chrissy 2019-06-26 02:02:22 

In reply to buds

All the teams are mediocre

buds 2019-06-26 02:03:27 

In reply to Chrissy

Very mediocre. Boring as heck to watch JA Football.

evil

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 02:08:57 

I can deal with the talent disadvantage...but the constant inability to demonstrate progress in the fundamentals and strategic play by all Black countries and Nations is seriously unnerving to me!

What do they do during practice?

Even Martinique looks better than most of these Nations organizationally!

dayne 2019-06-26 02:10:51 

Jamaica missed an opportunity, they missed wide open goals twice

JoeGrine 2019-06-26 02:17:07 

1) Withmore lacks the ability to lift this team either verbally, by substitutions or tactics.

2) Andre Lewis, Junior Flemming and Ricardo Morris have no business being labeled "national players" yet they are starters.

Ewart 2019-06-26 02:31:48 

In reply to JoeGrine

Having watched the last three games I have to conclude that Tappa is giving a play to as many members of the squad as possible.

Agree with the three names you say should not be on the team.

Don't agree that he can't lift the team. You will not find me in the anti-Tappa ledger.

However, Jamaica should have won this game 4:0. But seemed to rest on the one-goal advantage which is usually a sure way to give away a goal, which they did right at the very end. There were several occasions when strikers were close to the goal area with the ball and passed it instead of shooting or working their way further in.

In all, no energy. No hustle.

Very disappointing.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

//

Tryangle 2019-06-26 02:35:14 

Jamaica looked quite average tonight. A draw is a fair result considering the opportunities they squandered.

It would seem the balance of power in CONCACAF is shifting but in a weird way. Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica have fallen back to the pack while smaller nations punch above their weight. It's setting up for a predictable Mexico v US final, unfortunately.

Sort of a log jam between the #3 and #14 teams if one was to objectively rank the teams thus far. (Nicaragua and Cuba being poor).

imusic 2019-06-26 03:56:01 

Shouldn't Jamaica be Thailanding Curacao?

Shows how people here don’t follow regional ball.

Curaçao is a MUCH improved team and their recent results have demonstrated that. They didn’t qualify for the Gold Cup by mistake. Naither did Bermuda.

michaelmax 2019-06-26 03:56:32 

In reply to Ewart

Haven't seen the games but going on what has been reported and the lineup, this is Tapps's coaching- defensive. It's like he's trying to replay last GC even though he has other creative players now.

The most creative mid Vassell on the bench(not enough defensive work I suppose). Flemmings hard worker but not creative. Where is Maalique Foster? And Alex Marshall was left at home.
We played with THREE defensive midfielders. Ricardo Morris is NOT a winger.

michaelmax 2019-06-26 03:58:12 

In reply to imusic

That they did but from all accoubts Jamaica played POORLY including missing several chances.

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 04:32:13 

In reply to michaelmax

The man talking about people not following the game while not having seen the match that is being discussed.

Talk about clueless.

Curacao improved? What about Jamaica, are they not supposed to improve also...look how Honduras finishing...3-0 on El Salvador...I guess El Salvador has not improved as Curacao.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

JahJah 2019-06-26 04:53:31 

In reply to Ayenmol

You don't know who Whitmore is?

DWL!!!!

JahJah 2019-06-26 04:56:22 

In reply to imusic

Shows how people here don’t follow regional ball.

We're talking about a guy who doesn't know who one of the best regional ballers of the last 25-30 years is. big grin

JahJah 2019-06-26 05:21:31 

In reply to Ayenmol

Curacao improved? What about Jamaica, are they not supposed to improve also...look how Honduras finishing...3-0 on El Salvador...I guess El Salvador has not improved as Curacao.

Same Honduras that Curacao skin out?

JahJah 2019-06-26 05:24:02 

In reply to michaelmax

That they did but from all accoubts Jamaica played POORLY including missing several chances.

They beat USA 1-0 (away) 2 weeks ago. They were dashing away chance after chance in that one.

Jamaica just doesn't have good finishers. May just have to accept it or go out and find some deadly strikers abroad...sorry to say.

camos 2019-06-26 11:04:38 

relax guys! If Ja is going to make a deep run, it make sense rotating the starters, but where is Maddox? we top the group, as the only undefeated team , and that is without an abundance of English based players.

JoeGrine 2019-06-26 11:42:01 

In reply to Ewart

Don't agree that he can't lift the team.

In all, no energy. No hustle.

Very disappointing.

But it appears to me you just said the team was not primed to compete.

Anit-Tappa, I am not, however, the current product on the filed is lackluster

JahJah 2019-06-26 11:46:13 

In reply to camos

relax guys! If Ja is going to make a deep run, it make sense rotating the starters, but where is Maddox? we top the group, as the only undefeated team , and that is without an abundance of English based players.

You mean Mattocks.

To answer your question: On di bench, with Leon Bailey. lol

Is Michael Hector the only UB40 currently in the team though? He came off the bench against Curacao, but I think she started against Honduras.

JoeGrine 2019-06-26 11:51:46 

In reply to JahJah

Neither Hector nor Bailey are 100% healthy, hence their limited playing time in the group stage.

I would expect to see a healthy dose of both plus Mattocks come Sunday against Panama.

Speaking of health, Damion Lowe was taken out of the game, if he cannot play of Sunday, does Hector go back to his center back role or the youthful Topey comes in?

JahJah 2019-06-26 11:55:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

You didn't know this guy's name and call yourself a football expert from the Caribbean.

Curacao just equalised. ... Jamaica's probability of advancing taking a hit..

An equaliser in the 90th minute in a game that Jamaica only needed a draw from?

JahJah 2019-06-26 11:56:02 

In reply to JoeGrine

I knew Bailey isn't 100%. Didn't know about Hector though. Thought it was just down to rotation.

camos 2019-06-26 12:09:45 

we are in a good position, Panama will be tough but I like our chances,

Ewart 2019-06-26 12:23:09 

In reply to camos

but where is Maddox?

Mattocks. I thought we would have seen him last night.

//

Ewart 2019-06-26 12:27:22 

In reply to michaelmax

Good analysis. Good to see you!

big grin

//

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 12:41:34 

Here comes El moron with his moronic attacks to derail the thread...

You didn't know this guy's name and call yourself a football expert from the Caribbean.

Can you point out where I made that statement...or again you just imagining things to try start arguments...are you Schizophrenic?

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 12:44:48 

Are you so obsessed by the repeated beatdowns you are subjected to, you've made it your focus to attack my knowledge at every turn?

Whitmore is a legend in the Region...? Which Region did he play for?

No idea...if I had not left the box on fs1 I would not have known this game was being played. I don't actively seek out concacaf.

Sounds like an expert to me....apparently you take message board post serious enough to actively lie and misquote people....who knew!?

granite 2019-06-26 12:49:09 

I have been waiting for years to see the Central Americans knocked off their perch,now it seems to be taking place,look at Jamaica,Haiti and Curacao.There's another island I seem to have forgotten the name,I hear they still play football.

Headley 2019-06-26 16:30:48 

In reply to granite

Beating the Central American teams is always the first step to get to Mexico and USA. Panama is the new CA kid on the block and they play a very spirited and organised game under their current coach.

Jumpstart 2019-06-26 16:47:41 

In reply to buds

Trinidad play a much better style of Football than JA.The talent may not be there like JA. Beat these lower team convincingly!

lol lol lol lol lol lol have you watched any of our two games in the gold cup? We're out of the tournament, haven't scored a goal as yet and conceded 8.....Bruda JA not that bad off

granite 2019-06-26 17:16:56 

In reply to Headley
Yes mate,how could I forget Panama,so far Jamaica,Panama,Curacao and Haiti is showing what they could be if some more international exposure.

Headley 2019-06-26 17:35:25 

In reply to Jumpstart

Buds is right. His cassette is stuck on rewind from 30 years ago. Latapy to Yorke to Marcelle. lol

JahJah 2019-06-26 18:22:05 

In reply to Ayenmol

"I called it. They are the most technical team in the competition" and all that braying about pool and city.

I could go on and on about you Mr knowitall. big grin

Jumpstart 2019-06-26 18:33:46 

In reply to Headley

indee....dat side is garbage. 8 of the squad arent even on the regular starting xis for their local club teams. TT football dead or or rell rell close to dying. Read wired 868 to see how much our football has regressed

RoyalDad 2019-06-26 18:59:32 

In reply to JoeGrine

Have to agree with you there Joe.

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 19:40:02 

In reply to JahJah

Oh shut up...I still waiting for the identification of the men you must be so aware of since they from the Region...

El moron...

For someone who does not care about me, you sure seem obsessed with every comment I make on this board...yeesh.

JahJah 2019-06-26 19:41:45 

In reply to Ayeknowitol

No crime in acknowledging (or calling out) your superior knowledge. big grin

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 19:50:25 

In reply to JahJah

Still waiting for you to show that superior knowledge...like how Canada is the opium of the masses...

Tell us how you computed that El moron...and am still waiting for you to identify those men faded on your characterization of football and regional knowledge...

Not that am expecting you to know...because you apparently hold me to a higher standard than yourself...right monsieur moron?

JahJah 2019-06-26 19:58:23 

In reply to Ayenmol

Still waiting for you to show that superior knowledge...like how Canada is the opium of the masses...

That's not based on knowledge but based on the links you were posting in hopes of denigrating Canada. You know, the ones that backfired so spectacularly! big grin

Tell us how you computed that El moron...and am still waiting for you to identify those men faded on your characterization of football and regional knowledge...

que?

Not that am expecting you to know...because you apparently hold me to a higher standard than yourself...right monsieur moron?

Yes, Grand Puba, if you say so. shock confused lol

JahJah 2019-06-26 20:01:41 

In reply to Ayenmol

Stop wasting time getting spanked on this thread and go deal with this.

Ayenmol 2019-06-26 20:48:45 

In reply to JahJah

El moron quit talking garbage...you have argued nothing just lied and misrepresented what I said then refuse to hold yourself to the same standard while making up nonsense... I have no interest in your like.

Quit following me around like a boom boom fly.

You are obsessed with me.

michaelmax 2019-06-27 01:21:17 

In reply to Ewart

Thanks. Tappa is beginning to remind me of Mourinho- stuck in a specific mode of coaching no matter what.

JoeGrine 2019-06-27 10:21:33 

GK - Blake
RB - Powell
CD - Francis
CD - Lowe (if not fit Topey/Lambert?)
LB - Lawrence
DM - Hector
CM - Williams
M - Bailey
M - Vassell
F - Mattocks
F - Orgil

is the best starting XI given the team at the Gold Cup.
If Lowe is out and Lambert is chosen, he can be switched with Hector.