The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

US Immigration Mess

Runs 2019-06-27 00:50:10 

JUST IN: U.S. asylum officers are calling on a U.S. federal court to block the Trump administration from requiring migrants to stay in Mexico while awaiting immigration hearings in the U.S., citing "the moral fabric of our nation."

Runs 2019-06-27 00:53:27 

U. S. asylum officers say Trump policy is threatening migrants’ lives, ask federal court to end it
U.S. asylum officers slammed President Trump’s policy of forcing migrants to remain in Mexico while they await immigration hearings in the United States, urging a federal appeals court Wednesday to block the administration from continuing the program. The officers, who are directed to implement the policy, said it is threatening migrants’ lives and is “fundamentally contrary to the moral fabric of our Nation.”
The labor union representing asylum officers filed a friend-of-the-court brief that sided with the American Civil Liberties Union and other groups challenging Trump’s Migrant Protection Protocols program, which has sent 12,000 asylum-seeking migrants to Mexico since January. The policy is an effort to deter migrants from seeking entry into the United States and to keep them out of the country while courts weigh their claims.
The union argued that the policy goes directly against the nation’s long-standing view that asylees and refugees should have a way to escape persecution in their homelands, with the United States embracing its status as a safe haven since even before it was founded — with the arrival of the Pilgrims in the 17th Century. The union says in court papers that the policy is compelling sworn officers to participate in the “widespread violation” of international and federal law

carl0002 2019-06-27 13:02:02 

I blame the Democrats, they have been derelict in their duty to defend the constitution by not impeaching that imbecile of a president as he continues to create havoc in the country. Dump conned them into giving him $4.6b which he is now going to use to build deportation centers and other ice related facilities by diverting funds even though the stipulations indicate it should not be so. Democrats are not getting it in their heads that he will not obey any law.

conman 2019-06-27 13:06:11 

In reply to carl0002

how republicans absolved of any wrong doing?
they control the most powerful positions in government

the dems just got the house

Larr Pullo 2019-06-27 13:10:56 

In reply to carl0002

Exactly!! They are acting like this dude has a moral compass. He absolutely doesn't nor is he in any way ethical. They just have to remove him pronto!!!

carl0002 2019-06-27 13:18:47 

In reply to conman
I am not absolving the Republicans It is all but plain to see what they are at this point and they are tacitly fully behind Trump. But the Democrats have everything in their hands to put on display the corruption in this presidency and they are withholding for political expediency. They will pay dearly for it. Hope I am wrong.

Runs 2019-06-27 13:26:46 

In reply to carl0002

Incompetence at its worst

carl0002 2019-06-27 13:38:39 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Democrats playing Chess and Trump playing Checkers and beating them at it while cheating in plain sight.

The Trump and Roger Stone MO is- and they fully live by it. Admit nothing, Deny Everything and attack, attack, attack. The only deception here is that "attack" really means lie, lie, lie. Now, look at Trump over his presidency and see how closely that pattern is followed. And Democrats still expecting him to be honorable
shock shock

Dukes 2019-06-27 13:51:50 

In reply to carl0002

Has it dawned on you that 40% of the American voting population do not give a rat's ass about immigrants, rule of law and simple common human decency?
If they did the republicans would not be in control of the Senate and thus we could move forward to throw this moron out of office.
The Democrats have had to subpoena Robert Muller to get him to testify and Trump has flouted the law brazenly knowing that the republicans in Congress will tacitly support whatever batshit crazy stuff he does.
The framers of the American Constitution never envisaged a supine Congress and more importantly an AMORAL public when they framed the Constitution and thus America is in great peril. They did envisage an amoral president like trump and the safe guards put in place would have worked but for the other unforeseen problems.

steveo 2019-06-27 14:22:21 

In reply to Dukes

Has it dawned on you that 40% of the American voting population do not give a rat's ass about immigrants, rule of law and simple common human decency?

I want to hear your thoughts on this: if Guyana continues taking in Venezuelans, naturalizing them until they reach a point that the Vene population will have numerical dominance and therefore be able to run the country by picking their leaders....

Would you consider it immoral if the traditional populace vote to stymie this?

carl0002 2019-06-27 14:35:44 

In reply to Dukes
Not sure what the overriding point was but the safeguard for an AMORAL president is impeachment hearings even if the articles of impeachment would not be voted on.

If 40% of American voters do not care about immigrants, law and common human decency what happen to the 60% who do?

Impeachment hearings grant the democrats certain privileges that Trump subpoena blocking plan can not prevent. Nixon attempted the same thing and the courts ruled against him. Further more impeachment hearings is a way to lay the entire story of this corrupted administration before the American people in an organized manner. This shot gun approach by the Democrats just gives the appearance of a fishing expedition, while diminishing the atrocities of this president. It seems to me that you need to expose the illegality of this president to the people and let the onus be on Republicans to blatantly excuse this illegality and have that on record. That should be a public relations nightmare for them. I don't know Pelosi's plan but I hope it works for her and her country.

VIX 2019-06-27 14:37:32 

just another day in the great murca!

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:17:33 

In reply to carl0002

I don't know Pelosi's plan but I hope it works for her and her country.

They're all in the pockets of big business. Republicans and Democrats. Murica needs a viable third party for it to be a real democracy again.

Both of the current parties have one overriding question to almost every issue before them: "Is this good for our corporate donors"? The answer to that singular question sets the policies for the entire country.

Is impeachment good for Wall street, the stock market, and their corporate donors? Nancy doing sweet fcuk all to this point in time is your answer.

Runs 2019-06-27 17:35:04 

Elena Kagan’s dissent on the upholding of gerrymandering by the SC

Link Text

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:39:50 

In reply to Runs

Murica hasn't been a functioning democracy since the Eisenhower period.

Y'all gon ketch up Iran and NK pretty soon. lol

Runs 2019-06-27 17:40:39 

In reply to SnoopDog

Slaves to corp interests, citizens united bro lol

Made worse when you have incompetent peeps like this in powerful positions

NEW: Rex Tillerson told Congress that Jared Kushner circumvented the State Department on a number of occasions to meet with foreign officials, leaving him in the dark about key policy decisions.

On one occasion, Kushner and former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon attended a dinner with the rulers of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates that saw the Gulf officials lay out their plans for a blockade of Qatar — which the White House supported. Tillerson said he was not aware of the dinner and had not heard about the plans for the blockade. lol

maj 2019-06-27 17:42:15 

when did the "manufactured crisis" go out of style??

"alls quiet here" Jim Acosta..

SMH Libtards..the photo opps now aplenty.

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:42:40 

In reply to Runs

More and more Muricans are actually saying 'democracy sucks - gives us our dictatorship we so desperately crave".

The Dotard States of Murica.

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:45:48 

In reply to Runs

More and more Muricans are actually saying 'democracy sucks - gives us our dictatorship we so desperately crave".

Exhibit "A"

maj the vaj

when did the "manufactured crisis" go out of style??

"alls quiet here" Jim Acosta..

SMH Libtards..the photo opps now aplenty.

Runs 2019-06-27 17:46:18 

In reply to SnoopDog

In another occasion, Tillerson said he walked into a restaurant in Washington for a business meeting to find Kushner and the foreign secretary of Mexico dining at a back table. The foreign secretary was apparently under the impression that the State Department knew about the meeting and was "shocked" to find that Tillerson was left in the dark. lol lol

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:54:26 

In reply to Runs

In another occasion, Tillerson said he walked into a restaurant in Washington for a business meeting to find Kushner and the foreign secretary of Mexico dining at a back table.

While the Dotard and Fox Noise have Dotardnation screaming "Brown people at the border!!" lol

Runs 2019-06-27 17:55:37 

In reply to SnoopDog

Making backroom private business deals, as the lady says if a laff a pop razz
Distract their dotish fools by waving a shiny object over heeere dotards lol

carl0002 2019-06-27 18:11:50 

In reply to Runs & SnoopDog

Those Deutsche bank investigations should have Kushner out of the whitehouse in a jiffy. But oh! The imbecile have that tied up in court too, while the democrats do fake investigations.

Runs 2019-06-27 18:14:45 

In reply to carl0002

Blitzer interviewed him yesterday, asked if he was for a 2 state/ Pal-Israel solution, the dude ducked, bobbed and weaved and refused to answer even after being pressed. Of course he resorted to an ad hominem attack to deflect. lol

Runs 2019-06-27 18:33:49 

The Dalai Lama says DT lacks moral principle. Look for a tweet soon 321 lol

problemjay 2019-06-27 20:07:24 

CONCENTRATION CAMPS AT THE AMERICAN SOUTHERN BORDER! Link Text

Land of the brave and free!

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 20:24:00 

In reply to problemjay

Where are all the Right Wing Evangelical Pro-Life brigade?

Chally1 2019-06-27 21:04:00 

In reply to carl0002

I blame the Democrats, they have been derelict in their duty to defend the constitution by not impeaching that imbecile of a president as he continues to create havoc in the country. Dump conned them into giving him $4.6b which he is now going to use to build deportation centers and other ice related facilities by diverting funds even though the stipulations indicate it should not be so. Democrats are not getting it in their heads that he will not obey any law.

They are no longer the Democrats. They are the stupidest political party known to man.

Runs 2019-06-27 21:57:54 

Winging it or as we does say in Guyana he lab lab and does things gasar pasar, dontkaydam.

“A lot of the early issues had to do with immigration policy, actions, implementation. And... I shared the President’s endpoint objective. He was—oftentimes wanted to do it: Boom, you know, this is it. Let’s issue this,“ Tillerson said.

According to a transcript obtained by The Daily Beast, Tillerson said he often felt uncomfortable by the president’s quick decisions, usually made without reading briefing materials or memos. And that unease, particularly on the issue of immigration, led Tillerson to lean on State Department lawyers about how to manage the president’s demands, according to the transcript.

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 22:12:00 

In reply to Runs

According to a transcript obtained by The Daily Beast, Tillerson said he often felt uncomfortable by the president’s quick decisions, usually made without reading briefing materials or memos. And that unease, particularly on the issue of immigration, led Tillerson to lean on State Department lawyers about how to manage the president’s demands, according to the transcript.

That's what happens when you elect a rank ignoramus to be your president. Just like in all those third world countries Murica likes to shit on.

BeatDball 2019-06-27 22:13:31 

Dont come to the waaaacist USA illegally. Easy like, tea & water as the guyneez used to say. Fooool stop.
razz big grin cool

Runs 2019-06-27 22:16:42 

In reply to BeatDball

Look up asylum cool

BeatDball 2019-06-27 22:24:31 

In reply to Runs Is that like a guyneez madhouse?! They didnt want me...couldnt deal with me as I was beyond madness! True true story.

big grin razz

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 22:30:00 

In reply to Runs

Look up asylum

Way over their ignorant dotard heads. cool

Runs 2019-06-27 22:43:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

Not two of our brightest bulbs I must admit lol
Guyana is not sending her best and brightest

maj 2019-06-27 23:43:28 

In reply to Runs

Smarter than all the dipshits still there. Corrupt people who would kill their own blood for inches of land.

Runs 2019-06-27 23:46:35 

In reply to maj

Yuh sure? Says who? You? lol

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 23:47:43 

So...geniusses...how do you fix it...we all know what the issues are...what is the fix?

BeatDball 2019-06-27 23:51:05 

Why all this shitty polemics? It's simple: COME TO THE USA THE LEGAL ROUTE! ILLEGAL MIGRATION TO THE USA IS NOW NULL & VOID. Full stop. Alyuh facting deaf?
evil

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 23:55:12 

you personally can make a difference...you can donate, you can volunteer etc.

How many of you bleeding heart immigrants have done any of these things to assist even one of the people?

problemjay 2019-06-28 00:08:14 

In reply to BeatDball

lol you killing me here yes

Runs 2019-06-28 00:14:09 

In reply to Ayenmol

1.For starters appoint more judges so the cases can be dealt with promptly, reduce the backlogs. Hire more CBP staff and employ technology to reduce illegal crossings, fence as appropriate.
2. Have proper holding facilities, sanitary, medical staff etc for god’s sake act like a rich super power, not some third world backwater country. Please don’t separate families.
3. Have a plan on where to send those who qualify, identify skillset and match to prospective employers/ states etc/ have job training.
4. Promptly remove those who do not qualify.
5. Legislate proper immigration laws to deal with the entire process.
6. Identify countries they are coming from and pressure governments to improve living standards so their citizens does not have to flee. If aid is given, have proper monitoring of funds disbursement and projects. Accountability at all stages, apply SMART concept. Strategic, measurable, achievable, relevant and appropriate time frame.

maj 2019-06-28 00:23:12 

In reply to Runs

Where is your link..

Mr copy and paste. big grin

Runs 2019-06-28 00:24:22 

In reply to maj

I worked for 18 years in a top 5 Consulting company my friend cool
A good consulting team can advise DT n crew on how to solve, easy as ABC but he knows more than the best Consultants.
lol

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 02:59:58 

In reply to Runs

How do they anticipate the numbers coming in...what effect such preparation will have on those coming..are those coming truly seekers of asylum or just the usual fortune seekers?

What do the workers involved do when not dealing with the massive influx? Do they go on furlow...where do you build these facilities?

If they are indeed built, will they be adequate? Will the asylum seekers then wait until there are vacancies before coming?

Then when those facilities are full then what?

Keep building to infinity?

Runs 2019-06-28 03:19:04 

In reply to Ayenmol

You need to re-read all my points which address a comprehensive approach. You seem stuck on numbers and facilities. I identified causation and how to deal with, more judges etc am sure once done properly we can reduce the numbers. I have identified how to promptly process, transfer to permanent status and residency and removal if not qualified. I fail to see the relevance of your points sir.
Goodnight. wink

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 03:45:20 

In reply to Runs

Point is dude, that as countries continue to spiral out of control more and more people are immigrating to the US in numbers the people of the Country do not want to see...most not seeking asylum, Rather seeking economic relief.

The resources that are in place are what the Country is willing to assign to the issue.

There is zero guarantee that increasing the available resources doubly will not result in the numbers of those attempting to make the trip double or even triple!

Easy to say let's do xyz...you have no idea what the result will be.

End of the day, most Americans do not want the flood of migrants allowed in the Country...the US already allows more people than any other Country in and probably also have more illegal persons than all other countries combined!

Give me a break...the US will never be able to meet the demand...regardless, nor do Americans want to...it's not sustainable.

Go ask the Canadians to open up...they have almost as much land as the US and tons of room for growth!

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 04:02:02 

You know what...scratch that...

Canada is considerably larger than the U.S., in sheer land mass, but has about one tenth the human population, some 31,000,000, creating some interesting challenges in animal protection. The entire population of Canada is about the same as can be found in the state of California.Jul 30, 2009

Canada's turn....tell all the loudmouth on here to spread the word!

They say their Country beautiful...the standard of living is great...quality of life impecable...time to let in more than the 280000 on average per year...

maj 2019-06-28 07:01:45 

In reply to Runs

Why didn't the geniass Obama listen to your supposed top 5 whatever..

Best advice is dont come to America nobody wants your parasitic ass here

maj 2019-06-28 07:02:28 

In reply to Ayenmol

Bingo..Canada is more racist and anti immigration than the US.

Runs 2019-06-28 10:34:06 

In reply to Ayenmol

They are fleeing due to crime, drugs, lack of economic opportunities.

6. Identify countries they are coming from and pressure governments to improve living standards so their citizens does not have to flee. If aid is given, have proper monitoring of funds disbursement and projects. Accountability at all stages, apply SMART concept. Strategic, measurable, achievable, relevant and appropriate time frame cool
wink

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 12:58:39 

In reply to Runs

So I other words...you want America to Police the World?

Beyond what it is currently doing...just had a chat with a few dudes from Trinidad...Country has 1.4 million people...has 400000 legal immigrants in US...that is almost a third of the population...the US provides them with Aid. TPVA has minimum standards in place for the receipt of these....they made a list...the PM of the Country tell America to go pound sand.

So you saying the US should dig even deeper and all will be well...are you paying attention?

Do you see what is going on in the World? Americans can't even agree on what is good for America...you want to make them master over more Governments?

Man keep hiding behind your analytics while ignoring reality.

JahJah 2019-06-28 13:01:26 

In reply to Ayenmol

So I other words...you want America to Police the World?

Isn't that what they do? Interfere in other people's affairs and tell them what's best for them?

Don't they go into other countries and tell them they aren't treating the citizenry humanely while they do their own dirty?

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 13:07:36 

In reply to JahJah

Reading comprehension, lil yute....reading comprehension.

Larr Pullo 2019-06-28 13:08:17 

In reply to Ayenmol

Do you realise that we are in the midst of the greatest migration of people ACROSS THE ENTIRE PLANET? Do you know what's causing it? Lack of resources!! As the planet warms up it will get worse. Artificial borders are not going to stop it. The West will pay the cost for their centuries of imperialism. England is already trying to 'Brexit' themselves hoping that being an island will protect them. Imagine going from the sun never setting on the "British Empire" to not being welcoming of any of their "subjects" who moved their following the money earned from the resources that they stole from the countries those same people came from.

Runs 2019-06-28 13:47:30 

In reply to JahJah

wink

BeatDball 2019-06-28 16:36:24 

In reply to maj Very true sah.

evil

BeatDball 2019-06-28 16:37:43 

In reply to Runs Socishitism U s&*#@+k!

evil

Runs 2019-06-28 16:42:42 

In reply to BeatDball

Drink up the coolaid bro, instead of watching those overpaid folks you may make better use of your time and pocket studying harder for those civil service exams. cool

BeatDball 2019-06-28 16:47:14 

In reply to Runs Right now...lemonade + ice tea with a touch of jewmaycan white rum! I'm now in a the stage of 'wha come suh doh'.

smile

maj 2019-06-28 16:52:34 

In reply to BeatDball

Did you see all the Dem candidates raise their hand to free healthcare to all illegal immigrants.

Free meaning we legal working citizens have to foot the bill..

If we are drinking kool-aid..what shoite are they drinking.

BeatDball 2019-06-28 16:58:45 

In reply to maj To me, Demoncraps are foreigners with American accents! What they say & do are totally anti-American. These people are facting hypocrites. Just to get a vote they will pander, pander, pander, etc! Want to, also, give illegals driver licenses, so that they can circumvent & finagle their way to the voting booth. I'm not joking.

evil

maj 2019-06-28 17:06:26 

In reply to BeatDball

yep illegal immigrant voting coming soon ..

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 18:55:10 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Tell that to Runs...not me...eventually at this rate many Nations are going to have these images mark their Nations immigration policy...you can't manage chaos,...you can only hope to cope.

Runs 2019-06-28 19:46:47 

In reply to Ayenmol

Known known, you need to remove your head and elongated neck from under the sand

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 19:57:20 

In reply to Runs

I know people like you...you love to sit in your offices and study statistics then put together list that look great on paper and sounds good to the paper pusher.

Then it is presented to the people charged with actually implementing it and the real issues that it negates to address and once these people start sharing these real issues you all look at them with eyes glazed over and realize your many 'fixes' are dead on arrival .

Known known what? How long has immigration been a struggle for the US due to their unwillingness to put resources in place that the issue demands on a normal day much less when unrest cause a stampede?

What do you do with all these resources when there is no stampede? Again furlow?

Where do you get all these bodies to manage these facilities? The army? National guard....you know that with more facilities come more HR?

What, create a immigration National Guard that spring to action in 'wartime' then go back to their day jobs when it is all over?

And the judges? And courtrooms? Etc?

Man the reason this is so difficult to figure is because it is a complex and ever changing issue...known known?

Quit your words game and deal with reality!

This issue been there for decades through all sorts of administrations, still nada!