The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

GY Govt giving away 1000's of acres of land

steveo 2019-06-27 17:29:53 

To PNC members since getting no-confidenced, so says Jagdeo and he is presenting the evidence, the names, locations, file#

All I can say is WOW,

One guy get 1 acre in mocha, 8 acres in linden, then 800 in berbice
Another get 200 in berbice

Both working in office of the president

Another get 1000 acres in Essequibo, 1000 acres in Demerara

Edit
Live jagdeo press conference

Bigzinc 2019-06-27 17:47:13 

In reply to steveo

wonder where are the people who were decrying the corrupt jagdeo government..

not a peep about police killing, brazen theft of state assets, corruption etc etc

Runs 2019-06-27 17:47:36 

In reply to Bigzinc

wink

steveo 2019-06-27 17:51:29 

In reply to Bigzinc

Its pellucidly clear that those individuals are the most morally upstanding, principled, not motivated by party or colour...

Jagdeo just said they gave out more land in the pomeroon (3000) in 6 months (since the no-confidence) than PPP gave out in 23 years.

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 17:52:22 

In reply to Bigzinc

wonder where are the people who were decrying the corrupt jagdeo government..

not a peep about police killing, brazen theft of state assets, corruption etc etc

Well what do you know? Twissy, Dukes, and Larrfullashyte all of a sudden each have 1000 acre plot. lol

Burnham days are back.

rockstarxxx 2019-06-27 18:15:13 

The people did VOTE for change.

All they got was:
Higher unemployment
Crime
Higher VAT
Fu**eries

I doubt Guyana will have another African President for for atleast another 4 decades.

Runs 2019-06-27 18:25:01 

In reply to rockstarxxx

When is elections?

steveo 2019-06-27 18:25:39 

In reply to Runs

touche

jala 2019-06-27 19:55:39 

In reply to steveo

only a fool would believe that! as a man thinketh in his heart , so is he...and that's why jagdeo thinks ppl are stealing...when in fact, he hasn't produced one iota of evidence! and unike his ppp members who stole lands in pradoville 2, the coalition govt has not seen one, not one minister involved in graft of any form!.... again, please sir, show us the evidence! ...olease sir...share the link.... let jagdeo tell us where het got the land from, that he now lives on....and how much priya and the others sold their lands in pradowill 2 for.....

steveo 2019-06-27 20:05:18 

In reply to jala

You are the only fool here

Did you watch the press conference?

Is this an iota of evidence?

evidence here

here

here

here

here

here

PPP members stole Pradoville? I thought the argument was that they UNDERPAID?

Before the PPP members developed that community into the high end community it now is, what was the value of it and who was fighting to live there?

jala 2019-06-27 20:06:29 

jagdeo, the old bacl headded racist fool, feels every perso with a non indian name, is a coalition supporter... and he behaves as if ligit non indian business people aren't entitled to apply for leased lands in the country of their birth,,,on his indian friends and family are entitled.....and i get anyone, that the persons who allegedly "get land", and persons who went through a fair, legal procurement process , unlike what obtained in the 23 years of the ppp

Kay 2019-06-27 20:09:01 

W0w!!! Got to mek a quick trip back to see if I can collect a piece of land. One of me very close buddy is a top honcho of the AFC faction of the coalition ... smile smile

steveo 2019-06-27 20:10:27 

In reply to jala

persons who went through a fair, legal procurement process , unlike what obtained in the 23 years of the ppp

Oh so you are changing your tune now?

Do the rest of us outside of the ministry of the presidency and upper echelons of the PNC have the same opportunity to be awarded 1000 acres of land?

steveo 2019-06-27 20:15:30 

In reply to Kay

Do you see why Guyana is forever stuck in a quagmire??

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 20:17:04 

In reply to jala

jagdeo, the old bacl headded racist fool, feels every perso with a non indian name, is a coalition supporter... and he behaves as if ligit non indian business people aren't entitled to apply for leased lands in the country of their birth,,,on his indian friends and family are entitled.....and i get anyone, that the persons who allegedly "get land", and persons who went through a fair, legal procurement process , unlike what obtained in the 23 years of the ppp

Bannus, get the fcuk outta here with that PNC propaganda bullshyte. Yuh skunt quiet like a mouse now that Granger and the entire corrupt PNC cabal stealing and breaking laws at will.

Read what the CCJ wrote about that corrupt PNC so-called government. Y'all only like to thief and get free shyte from government. Y'all don't want to work for it like those "Indians" you like to call out. Fcuking freeloader.

rockstarxxx 2019-06-27 20:50:48 

In reply to steveo

In reply to jala

You are the only fool here

Did you watch the press conference?

lol

rockstarxxx 2019-06-27 20:54:06 

Can anyone list some of the accomplishments from this PNC government?
Except the loss of jobs to the people
Parking meter in GT
High toll prices on the berbice river.

Oh wait....

theirs no positive accomplishments.

WI_cricfan 2019-06-27 20:56:44 

At the end of the day I am the luckiest person alive. When PPP was in power someone in my household was a minister and when PNC got into power another person in my house hold worked for the Govt (big job).
So I benefited both ways

Kay 2019-06-27 20:58:54 

In reply to WI_cricfan

Suh you get 2000 acres ... smile

SnoopDog 2019-06-27 21:02:59 

In reply to rockstarxxx

1. Giving pardons and no jail sentences to all Jala's lazy choke and rab relatives so they can go out and kill, thief, and terrorize the people who actually work hard for a living.

2. Giving out free land to the Jala's of Guyana before their illegitimate and illegal government eventually gets kicked out.

3. Shytting all over Burnham's constitution and flushing it down the toilet.

4. Milking the treasury dry within months of taking office.

5. Giving themselves pay raises within months of taking office for doing sweet fcuk all.

6. Giving themselves secret backdoor money from Exxon which actually belongs in the treasury and to the people of Guyana.

7. Selling out the country's oil resources to Exxon for magic beans.

steveo 2019-06-27 21:12:49 

In reply to rockstarxxx

Except the loss of jobs to the people
Parking meter in GT
High toll prices on the berbice river.

Oh wait....

theirs no positive accomplishments.

The Green State bai, you ever hear granger talking about the "Green State". I dont know what BS that is up to this day, but it sound fancy to Granger and Co.

When the PPP suggested a hydro project which was a tangible renewable source of energy, they scuttled it.

jala 2019-06-28 07:38:00 

In reply to steveo

“He knows I applied for 1000 acres of Land in 2013 under the PPP with an Investor to create an integrated farm in the Essequibo…my application disappeared for two years and was hidden and (lost) until I complained to Doerga Persaud (Commissioner) and (Keith) Burrowes from Go -INVEST. (I have all the letters to prove this and will show the Media),” Phillips stated, before adding that after two years of weekly complaints, his application was suddenly found in 2015 just before the elections, by which time his investor had moved on.

The truth is like an earthworm- it always makes its way to the top- jasgeo is a evil man whose first name is ‘lie’...

Runs 2019-06-28 10:35:42 

In reply to Kay

lolUnbelievable, and he brags about it too smh

steveo 2019-06-28 12:07:58 

In reply to jala

Applying for something does not mean you will get it...unless you are top dog in the PNC and you only have a few months left in power...

In truth PPP awarded 500 acres of backdam lands to businessmen in berbice, who had to invest to clear those lands then made rice fields

The PNC is awarding the rivers and lands in areas that were to be turned into ports to their supporters for a quick flip

jala 2019-06-28 12:59:09 

In reply to steveo

yeh...only certain ppl in GT must get stuff eh.....smdh!

all those people applied pre Dec 2018 , many, even in the PPP's time...some were approved and never issued...we all know why..... and for the record, thee are all farmlands....in the "backdam"..... the fact is, he lied ! he alleged some type of land grab, which wasn't the case... these ppl applied, some before working for this govt, and were rejected, like many many people under the ppp who refused to bribe or beg....

the facts show that there was nothing illegal, and no preference was shown to anyone.... so you and jagdeo could carry yall racist selves out of Guyana...!

Larr Pullo 2019-06-28 13:10:29 

In reply to jala

Did the PPP/c have an affordable housing policy where they facilitated the building of homes for public servants etc?

anthonyp 2019-06-28 13:13:01 

In reply to steveo

Did you see the press conference with Jagdeo listing all the free high end seized liquor that the Guyana Revenue Authority handed over to the PNC? Close to 25 million in liquor.. dem chaps celebrating the free land I guess lol

Guyana just corrupt

steveo 2019-06-28 13:15:05 

In reply to jala

the facts show that there was nothing illegal, and no preference was shown to anyone.... so you and jagdeo could carry yall racist selves out of Guyana...!

Bro, ministry of the presidency staff getting 1000s of acres of lands? Granger advisor getting another couple thousand? Keith Lowenfield?

ALL of these people are PNC and all of this land was awarded directly after the no-confidence. What the fcuk are you smoking when you say no preference?

I hope the court rescinds all of those awards during that period.

Why you want us to get out of Guyana, oil getting you "bassedy"?

It seems Granger has no intention to let that oil out of his grasp, these days he telling all the foreign diplomats about his policy of "non-interference"

steveo 2019-06-28 13:18:20 

In reply to anthonyp

Did you see the press conference with Jagdeo listing all the free high end seized liquor that the Guyana Revenue Authority handed over to the PNC? Close to 25 million in liquor.. dem chaps celebrating the free land I guess

Yep, also saw the seized vehicles...but dont want to burden the fellas here with ALL of Guyana's problems

anthonyp 2019-06-28 13:26:58 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Partner nobody want those no good 10' x 15' homes/apartment.. if yuh accidentally brace the walls they might fall down..

btw with all the land in Guyana why de rass you building apartments to sell to the people and in the country side too? Guess they keeping it for party members only?

Oh and by the way is nuh the minister husband get the contract to build the apartments/homes? How did he get it again? lol

As I said Guyana just corrupt.. it doesn't matter who in power they will thief!

Larr Pullo 2019-06-28 13:28:34 

In reply to anthonyp

Guyana is just an extremely corrupt place, but many here just want to couch it in terms of PNC or PPP corruption, with one side taking pleasure in highlighting the failings of the other without realize that ALL have failed. NONE of these parties have made things better for the people of Guyana.

Larr Pullo 2019-06-28 13:42:16 

In reply to anthonyp

So under previous govts you had proper architects designing homes that followed building codes. Festival City, South Ruimveldt etc were built. Now everyone calls themselves a "contractor" and the building trade like everything else is governed by corruption. Only the people of Guyana can fix this for themselves.

There was a program on the BBC recently about Guyanese people complaining about what they're going through to get housing. One woman they highlighted has been waiting more that 20 years for a house lot. Now 20 years agai it wasn't this current government in power. That tells me the system and the resultant corruption is endemic!!!

steveo 2019-06-28 13:48:34 

In reply to Larr Pullo

NONE of these parties have made things better for the people of Guyana.

That statement is some peoples way of reconciling people from both sides, but in my opinion is just not true.

Your post above mentioning PPP housing programme, the PPP constructed a massive amount of housing schemes in Guyana. I live in one, my neighbour is black, her neighbour is black, his neighbour is indian and so on...

Now the PPP will give the contracts to clear those lands, make the roads and run the electricity, most likely to their contractors, but there are clear benefits to these schemes.

Bigzinc 2019-06-28 13:50:27 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Preach larr.. guyana is hopeless because of the level of corruption. It is expected to have to bribe some official or cop to get anything done.

You can literally get away with murder if you know the right people..

sad but true.

Runs 2019-06-28 13:50:41 

In reply to Larr Pullo

We can agree all sides corrupt lol

jala 2019-06-28 14:58:02 

A nice law suit coming to him and his “boys” big grin

Concerning Bharrat Jagdeo's claim of Gov'ts rush to allocate State Lands to officials and supporters, please see below statement from my husband Mr. Charles Ceres. Mr. Ceres will now proceed to commence suit against Bharrat Jagdeo, Mohabir Anil Nandlall, and others who have published this false information.

Statement from Mr. Charles Ceres:

Two leases were granted to me, one as Charles Ceres et. al. for 1297 acres of land in the Canje Creek area. It was granted by the PPP government at a time when Bharrat Jagdeo was President. The second was granted to GSEC, a company owned by me and my children, for 4.5 acres of land in 2017. Several others were granted land in Liliendaal including Ed Boyer for the Demerara Estates Development & an Indian University located east of GSEC location. GSEC paid approximately $4,000,000.00/acre with a yearly leasing fee of $900,000.00 for the land in Liliendaal. I, Charles Ceres was never granted lease(s) for any other lands.

Copies of both the allocation letter for the land in the Canje Creek and the lease for the land in Liliendaal are attached hereto. Charles Ceres et. al relinquished the lease to the 1297 acres of land in the Canje since several partners were unable to afford the development costs, and I was unwilling to absorb those costs while others benefited. Failure to develop the land is a contravention of the terms of the lease and the land was relinquished.

The PPP, under Bharrat Jagdeo and Donald Ramotar granted land to China Paper for $50.00 per acre per year. I paid $1000.00/acre per year for the land in Canje Creek up to the time of relinquishment. I continue to pay $200,000 per acre/per year for the land in Liliendaal, which is being beneficially utilized as dictated by the terms of the lease.

The lease I have presented to you for the Liliendaal land is a matter of public record. On my way here I dropped a copy off at the Office of the Leader of the Opposition. This voids his wait for the details to be provided to him. I paid more for per acre for land, in Liliendaal, which was reclaimed from the swamp than Jagdeo & his cabal paid for lands developed at the expense of taxpayers for their lands in Pradoville 1 and 2. If I recall correctly Jagdeo sold his land and house in Pradoville 1 to Ernie Ross, the Guyana Consul to Trinidad for $120,000,000.00.

I have converted the swamp in Liliendaal into a modern engineering office and continue to pay the yearly lease agreed to with GLSC. Jagdeo & his cabal have, however contravened their agreement with the CHPA and have sold the land developed at the expense of the Guyanese taxpayers for healthy profits. I have released all details related to my transactions with the Guyana Lands and Survey Commission for public scrutiny. I challenge Jagdeo and his cabal including Ed Boyer and the Indian University to make public the agreements for the lands acquired by them in Liliendaal. Further, I challenge Jagdeo to release the agreements he had with BK International/BaiShan Lin, China Paper and others to the public. He must also identify which member of his cabal was granted gold lands which were subsequently sold to Sun and Sand of India for US $10,000.00. Jagdeo silence on the offshore oil blocks granted to members of his cabal is deafening. His comfort with those allocations, none to African Guyanese, is affirmation of his belief that African Guyanese have no rights to anything in Guyana.

The land at Liliendaal is beneficially occupied and its development commenced one day after the lease was granted to GSEC a company owned by me and my children. GSEC currently provides employment for 40 young Guyanese including 9 young people who are provided with allowances of US $110,000/month to attend the University of Guyana. I am not aware that any of the individuals to whom Jagdeo and his cabal, including of course Jagdeo & his Presidential Candidate, provided land and other resources providing similar opportunities for anyone. Most of the lands provided by them is not beneficially occupied in accordance with the terms of the lease.

I returned to Guyana as a young man since I owe everything I have to Guyana. My dedication to Guyana and to its development is evidenced by free services I provided to the Jagdeo led government during the great flood of 2005. He can contradict this claim by providing evidence of any payment made to me for the services provided. I continued to provide services to the Granger administration similarly, free of cost. The reason the Granger government was unable to provide a salary in response to a question asked by Gail Texeira about payments to Ministeral Adviser, Charles Ceres since I requested no payment for my services.

I will provide to the Guyanese public evidence of every cent I have earned and spent in Guyana since January 2000, the year Jagdeo entered office, provided that Jagdeo performs a similar feat. I will also authorize my bank, if requested by you, to provide validation of all my financial transactions if the costs to generate those statements are paid by the person(s) requesting the information. Jagdeo, I am contented and well educated, I do not need to steal to acquire wealth. I can be successful anywhere in the world because of the education provided to me by the people of Guyana. I challenge you Jagdeo to prove that you are equal to me by demonstrating equivalent levels of absence of corruption and ability to succeed without access to the taxpayers’ resources. The new Mercedes Benzes driven by me and wife were bought with my money, the evidence in there in the accounts I will make public when you make your public. The Land Rover and BMW driven by me and wife were paid for with my money. All duties and taxes, except that for the Mercedes Benz driven by my wife were paid by me. My wife exercised her right as a lowly paid employee of the people of Guyana to accept the duty free concession. Remember, Anil Nandlall, claims being lowly paid was his reason for “being given” books bought with taxpayer’s money.

I am flattered that Jagdeo consider me worthy of his attention. However, if he considers me important enough to warrant his attention, he should explain to the Guyanese public the reasons why GSEC, the company I own has never been qualified enough to work for his and/or the Ramotar administration while we have provided quality engineering services to practically all international private sector companies working in and out of Guyana. While at that task, I challenge him to identify one of the companies, his and Ramotar led administration have natured, which has the wide ranging project portfolio of GSEC.

I need to interject my personal perspective here. Jagdeo sees no difficulties awarding land at peppercorn rates (Manzoor Nadir’s term) to people who are neither Guyanese such as China Paper and BaiShanLin of China and Sun and Sand and a non-functional University of India. He has no difficulty awarding land to BK International and the Ogle Airport Owners Group since none of them are African Guyanese. Mr. Jagdeo, Guyana is my birthright. It was developed by my enslaved fore-parents. My African fore-parents were chained, whipped, tarred and feathered to develop the Guyana which you are intent on ensuring provides no access to African Guyanese. Your home in Pradoville 2 is protected by sea defences initially built by my African fore-parents who were chained, whipped, tarred and feathered.

Jagdeo, your ranting and raving is affirmation of your racism and racist mentality. I suspect you are intent on validating Cheddi Jagan statement that “black people are at the bottom of the ladder”. I assure you and others in the PPP that me and my descendants respect the memories of our enslaved ancestors and will never fit the PPP mold and definition of African Guyanese and Africans in general.

I hope you do not be bequeath the PPP racist mentality to the young people of Guyana. Please take an example from the path my company has blazed and use your vast resources to provide education opportunities for the less privileged Guyanese young people. I need not defend your false accusations. The evidence is in the records I have provided.
It will be remiss of me if I fail to address Anil Nandlall facebook post. I intend to file a complaint with the Police Force, in the same manner as the Balwant Singh Hospital, since his assertions are false. I was granted land by the PPP in Canje not Trevor Benn. I was never granted land in Bohemia. I will however answer the question he has posed. Anyone and I mean anyone who steals taxpayers’ money or property must be imprisoned if the corruption which plagues Guyana, institutionalized by several PPP regimes is to come to an end. If you are proven to have stolen the law books you should be imprisoned. I have no such fear since as I have indicated before I will make my finances and assets available for public scrutiny provided Jagdeo does so.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as an engineer I am trained to be logical, Jagdeo’s ranting are illogical and lack substance. I pay very little attention to Jagdeo and all political people and parties in Guyana. They all lack vision and are focused on being rulers not leaders.

I share a saying with the young people on my staff. It is “Young people have ideas, Old people have memories”. In all his rantings, he like all other politicians in Guyana, has never identified a vision for Guyana since vision is fueled by ideas. He is singularly focused on the marginalization of African Guyanese to the extent that his memory has failed him. He fails to remember that Charles Ceres et. al was granted land in Canje by a government led by him. He fails to fit any of the categories above since he is void of ideas and his memories have failed him. He is worse that old. His ranting and raving coupled with his failed memory confirms he is an angry man. Jagdeo remember “whom the Gods wish to destroy they first make mad”.

Anil Nandlall be careful who you parrot. As an engineer, I am not qualified to judge your ability as an attorney-at-law. I considered you learned based on your utterances. It may not matter to you, however, I saw you as one of several young people representing the optimism of Guyana’s future. I considered your past missteps including your recorded conversation with the Kaieteur News as the exuberance of youth. My perspective of you has been radically altered and is shaped now entirely by your willingness to parrot Jagdeo. Please develop some ideas and help Jagdeo come to the realization that he represents the past. You and others like you, including my wife are the future of Guyana. I can now no longer defend you when people say you are a light-weight attorney-at-law.

Charles P Ceres, PE
Geotechnical Engineer & Groundwater Hydrologist

StumpCam 2019-06-28 15:00:04 

Why even consider going back to that god forsaken place!
I have no hope that Guyana will ever get to be good!
The politicians and place is too screwed up!

StumpCam 2019-06-28 15:01:34 

In reply to jala

Ha! lol

jala 2019-06-28 15:02:52 

In reply to StumpCam

we don’t want you - we are the fastest growing economy in the world!!!!!’

StumpCam 2019-06-28 15:08:50 

In reply to jala

Why you don’t want me? I didn’t state my preference for either party!
Was just responding to all the negativity coming out of Guyana!

jala 2019-06-28 15:09:28 

Live press conference about lands - by the Lands and Surveys Commission

ray 2019-06-28 15:10:49 

In reply to jala

they all lying

ray 2019-06-28 15:11:45 

I hear Harmon going to jail lol lol lol

Norm 2019-06-29 01:52:00 

Governments raping their own country? Nothing new, but so darn widespread. Backwardness everywhere.

Dukes 2019-06-30 13:30:38 

In reply to steveo

Over to you Steveo

For people who do not know,Eric Phillips was Head Boy at Queen's College,the top high school in Guyana.He represented Guyana in table tennis and cricket at Junior level and certainly was the best all-round sportsman at school and indeed the best I have ever seen at school level.He was a White House INTERN in the US,at the time being one of the first people of African descent to do so.His list of accomplishments are amazing.

Dukes 2019-06-30 13:34:31 

In reply to SnoopDog

Well what do you know? Twissy, Dukes, and Larrfullashyte all of a sudden each have 1000 acre plot.

Putting a smiley at the end of this does not make it any less RACIST.

Emir 2019-06-30 14:06:18 

In reply to Runs

We can agree all sides corrupt lol

That maybe true, but as you well know, Guyana's major/main problem isn't corruption, it is racism driven by "Indo" belief system that considers their Afro Guyanese brothers as "less than them." This drives everything in Guyana.

There are times when a fair minded person must pick the right side even when they are not without big flaws, and not straddle both sides in the hope of staying above the fray.

This "land giveaway" story is the quintessential racist playbook and just look at some of the posters clinging on without any verification whatsoever.

Now, let me stress the meaning of the word "Indo Guyanese" as some folks believes that term refers to Guyanese of East Indian decent, it doesn't.

"Indo Guyanese" is the term used by a group of people who believe in a racist ideology- they are superior to Afro Guyanese and they desire political and economic domination over Afro Guyanese. NOT ALL GUYANESE OF EAST INDIAN OR SOUTH ASIAN HERITAGE SHARE NOR BELIEVE IN THIS PHILOSOPHY.

But in Guyana a dangerous and significant percentage do or do nothing to end that belief system.

steveo 2019-06-30 14:23:42 

In reply to Dukes

For people who do not know,Eric Phillips was Head Boy at Queen's College,the top high school in Guyana.He represented Guyana in table tennis and cricket at Junior level and certainly was the best all-round sportsman at school and indeed the best I have ever seen at school level.He was a White House INTERN in the US,at the time being one of the first people of African descent to do so.His list of accomplishments are amazing.

Dukes, are you saying being smart and from Queens, one is suddenly endowed with the holy spirit??

Those wall street guys, enron, Goldman Sax etc only went to Harvard not queens...

I find it very strange that most of those lands were awarded in the period after the no-confidence motion

I see you and others do not bat an eyelash at the Granger govt attempt to play stupid with the law to prolong their stay in govt, and you are only vocal to defend, and reach for excuses for very questionable actions...

black 2019-06-30 14:32:20 

In reply to steveo

I see you and others do not bat an eyelash at the Granger govt attempt to play stupid with the law to prolong their stay in govt, and you are only vocal to defend, and reach for excuses for very questionable actions...

What was the reason for the no-confidence vote?

Was this not an attempt take control control of the potential oil revenues?

steveo 2019-06-30 14:44:30 

In reply to black

What was the reason for the no-confidence vote?

Was is not an attempt take control control of the potential oil revenues?

Dont parties try to get into power, or you expect other parties to play cheerleaders. Do you know that the PPP also came out of power by a no-confidence on the same 33-32 vote?

At the end of the day, it is a democracy and its the will of the people to put the APNU govt there and it is also the will of the people that they be removed, and if the PPP goes corrupt after the oil revenues, the people will take them out.

black 2019-06-30 14:49:17 

In reply to steveo

At the end of the day, it is a democracy and its the will of the people to put the APNU govt there and it is also the will of the people that they be removed, and if the PPP goes corrupt after the oil revenues, the people will take them out

It does not seem like the will of the people to me, it seems like the will of a few.

I find it strange that you guys make do much of the Government's will to stay in power but make little mention of the underhanded means to unseat them.

steveo 2019-06-30 14:54:46 

In reply to black

It does not seem like the will of the people to me, it seems like the will of a few.

You are not following guyanese politics. How did the PPP get 32 parliamentarians, they just walked in there? They were voted by the people buddy. The govt only had 1 seat more than the PPP. What was the results in the most recent local govt elections?

You are ignorant about these matters buddy.

If the govt was confident with that they could win, they would follow the law and call elections.

I find it strange that guys make do much of the Government's will to stay in power but make little mention of the underhanded means to unseat them.

Hmmm? Enlighten us buddy, what was the underhanded way?

Its the PNCs legacy to be underhanded to get into power and stay there, not the PPP.

black 2019-06-30 15:02:06 

In reply to steveo

You are correct, I don't follow Guyana politics closely, but wasn't one member of the APNU coerced into switching side?

Was this not dirty politics at its best?

steveo 2019-06-30 15:07:56 

In reply to black

You are correct, I don't follow Guyana politics closely, but wasn't one member of the APNU coerced into switching side?

Was this not dirty politics at its best?

If you have info, you should bring it up with the CCJ.

I know for a fact he was issued death threats in parliaments after his vote.

Dukes 2019-06-30 16:36:43 

In reply to steveo

body is talking about anybody being perfect.
Dukes, are you saying being smart and from Queens, one is suddenly endowed with the holy spirit??

IF you know of any malfeasance done by this person then say so.I know of none.I went to the same primary school and then Queen's College and like everybody else who went to school with him I was in awe of his ability in sports as well as academics.His life after Queen's College is just as impressive but as I said before, if you know otherwise then inform us.

Norm 2019-06-30 17:28:37 

Yet another rehash of the "Indians are racists, Blacks are rascists" Guyanese story.

The PNC seems to be self-destructing now. Given a chance to slow the rampant corruption under the last PPP government, the PNC could do no better. Volda's words ("We will give jobs to PNC members only") will be especially remembered.

If Irfaan is the best that the PPP could come up with, however, the PNC might be back in the not-so-distant future.

Is racism really Guyana's true problem, or is it backwardness?

Cardiac 2019-07-01 16:27:28 

I don't usually get into these convos about my country because it all boils down to PPP vs PNC and each calling the other racist.

Fact: Both sides have crooks.

Fact: Nearing elections both sides will come out with accusations.

It may be best to wait before you pronounce any claim by any politician in Guyana as fact.

Re: Charles Ceres
The man was granted land under the PPP administration who are now accusing the present regime of sharing said land to the man.

At the end of the day, these ppl and children are all living comfortably and enjoying obscene wealth at the expense of tax payers. Stop defending them as though they are your saviours. Defend those who get caught up in their dirty politics.

CITYBOY 2019-07-01 23:05:55 

Hola...I hope they realise that all the land they will need is a plot ..7 feet by 3 feet..to dig 6 feet deep..
it aint matter as Larr says..the party in power in all third world countries just take advantage of what is in front of them and accumulate as much wealth possible..
it aint gonna change but the average man lives to 80 years..so they each can figure out how many years more they have to..HOLD AND POSSESS what rightfully belongs to the people of Guyana.

Nothing will change..race has nothing to do with thieves..they all teeeefing..
Adios
CB

Cardiac 2019-07-02 10:47:46 

Like I said, they all steal and point fingers.

steveo 2019-07-02 11:24:28 

In reply to Cardiac

Hahaha, thieves pointing out thieves

Isnt BK one of the prime beneficiaries of the white elephant Durban Park??

Cardiac 2019-07-02 11:26:19 

In reply to steveo

Don't remind me of that eyesore. sad

ray 2019-07-02 13:24:28 

Vote Shuman

Runs 2019-07-02 13:35:47 

In reply to ray

wink

jala 2019-07-02 13:46:27 

the real eyesore is skeldon sugar factory.....

steveo 2019-07-02 13:51:43 

In reply to jala

While both failures, ones sole and only purpose was to siphon state money to repay campaign contributors

jala 2019-07-02 14:11:24 

In reply to steveo

While both failures, ones sole and only purpose was to siphon state money to repay campaign contributors
, like your god jagdeo, you never produce any evidence to prove your spurious claims .... u continue to believe Guyana times and kaieteur news...

every cent of that project was passed through the national assembly....tell us is amila falls, or skeldon, or Marriott were passed through the national assembly for approval....

steveo 2019-07-03 00:55:28 

In reply to jala

You remember Trotman was at a news conference and basically said that they had needed to repay BK for his contributions?

Its on video