The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Carribbean/Canadian immigration...

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 18:44:12 

Hey El moron...knew you would show...

Caribbean Canadians based on the 2011 census:

1: Canadians of Caribbean origin belong to one of the largest non-European ethnic groups in Canada.

2: Caribbean nationals presence in Canada dates back to 1796 when a group of 556 Jamaicans arrived in Canada after an unsuccessful British attempt to enslave them in Jamaica. Between 1800 and 1920 a small number of Jamaicans and Barbadians immigrated as labourers to work in the Cape Breton and Sydney mines but immigration from the Caribbean to Canada really began in the 1960s, and by 1973 accounted for almost 13 per cent of all immigration to Canada.

3: According to data from the 2011 National Household Survey, the majority of the Caribbean population living in Canada were born outside the country and are largely concentrated in Ontario and Quebec. The vast majority of Canadians of Caribbean origin live in either Toronto or Montreal.

4: They are put at an estimated half a million or almost 2% of the total population of Canada.

5: The largest group of Canadians of Caribbean origin is Jamaicans. Of all those who reported they had Caribbean origins in 2001, 42% said they were Jamaican, while 16% were Haitian, 12% said they were West Indian, 10% were Guyanese, 10% came from Trinidad and Tobago and 5% were from Barbados.

6: The Caribbean community in Canada is relatively young. Children under the age of 15 make up some 27% of all those who reported Caribbean origin, compared with 19% of the overall population. At the same time, 17% of people of Caribbean origin were between the ages of 15 and 24, versus 13% of the overall population. The large majority of Canadians of Caribbean origin report they belong to a Christian religious group. Women make up the majority of Canadians of Caribbean origin with some 54% o compared with 51% of the overall population.

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 18:50:02 

The 2000 Census results showed that over 500,000 Caribbeans are living in New York City with Jamaicans and Haitians as the largest groups. The top boroughs with heavy representation of Jamaicans are: Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx.
Where Jamaicans live - New York - Jamaicans Overseas - Guide to ...
https://jamaicans.com/jamaicansoverseas/newyork/wherewelive.htm

There are more Caribbean immigrants living in New York than their are in all of Canada!

There are almost as many Trinidadians living in the US than there are Caribbean migrants living in Canada.

Caribbean Governments on a whole should be forever gracious and appreciative of the US...lest we all be shipped out!

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 18:51:06 

No wonder some people hate the Bronx after living in Sweden...too many Island folk there...

bravos 2019-06-27 18:56:34 

In reply to Ayenmol

There are almost as many Trinidadians living in the US than there are Caribbean migrants living in Canada.

The 2000 Census results showed that over 500,000 Caribbeans are living in New York City with Jamaicans and Haitians as the largest groups. The top boroughs with heavy representation of Jamaicans are: Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx.

Huh ?

Bigzinc 2019-06-27 19:05:40 

In reply to Ayenmol

you know many people claim to be from the Caribbean just to seem cool...

more caribbean peeps in the us and canada than there

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:06:54 

In reply to bravos

Help yourself...

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:07:11 

In reply to Bigzinc

steeuupppsss....

bravos 2019-06-27 19:17:09 

In reply to Ayenmol

And we are taking over also ?

Help yourself..

You comparing over 50 years of migration history with the rate that Venezuelans and others have been coming here and overstaying ? At least T&T's been receiving them with open arms and trying to regulate their status and giving them dignity..no kids in cages or kids dying at the border here..

This is where we're at as a country in 2019,this is success,at these rates we shouldn't require a US visa..it is lower than some who don't require visas..in fact over the last two decades Trinis have been selling out and returning home at a very high rate also..

The report said a total of 180,415 Trinidad and Tobago citizens visited the USA in 2018 – the number of overstays therefore represents 0.4% of the total number of Trinidadian visitors to the US

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:22:10 

In reply to bravos

You just quick to defend with no real basis to do so....

What you are talking about is not the issue that is being addressed...

You have posted that stuff before as if it overshadows the amount of Trinidadians who actually LEGALLY calls the US home!

.in fact over the last two decades Trinis have been returning home at a very high rate also..

Are they going back to make a living or to spend and elevate you Country with their treasures from the US?

Dont be a moron.

bravos 2019-06-27 19:25:05 

In reply to Ayenmol

Steups over your head as usual...

Later fella..

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:26:47 

Also you do understand that these are census numbers and not simply an accumulative number over the lifespan of immigration?

so this statement...

You comparing over 50 years of migration history with the rate that Venezuelans and others have been coming here and overstaying ?

Is silly... you know what a census is?

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:29:45 

In reply to bravos

Over my head with what?... with your forever argument that just because less than a thousand Trinis have been documented to overstay their visas in one year (2018} it means that Trinis do not stay in the US illegally?

This is just your National pride putting the gnat before the camel!

There are close to a third of your Countries' population living in the US...And that is LEGALLY!!!!!

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:34:05 

What was the number of Venezuelans seeking reprive in Trinidad before the unrest began in their homeland?

How many Trinis would flee if the same issues plagued their homeland?

bravos 2019-06-27 19:36:37 

In reply to Ayenmol

You singled out T&T although not the highest group and brought the Vene comparison with your cc link ok...as to say 'what goes around comes around'...no it's different and now you unwittingly admitting it..

So don't try to twist it..Census or not West-Indians have been migrating to the US for over 50 years and a huge % of your vague census report are born Americans and people who 'identify' as West-Indians and all kinda crap..

The basis of your position is being supported by ambiguous results as fact in a very vague conclusion,typical Uncle Tom Sheep..

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:38:47 

In reply to bravos

Maybe you don't know what an immigrant is...so here...

These are lists of countries by foreign-born population (immigrants)

bravos 2019-06-27 19:39:48 

In reply to Ayenmol

Baaaa BAAAAA baa byeeeeeee now...

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:42:48 

In reply to bravos

of course bye, you shoulda never showed up because you have no legitimate argument...

TALKING ABOUT 50 YEARS OF MIGRATION...cENCUS COUNTS THE MIGRANTS...YOU THINK THE MIGRANTS FROM 50 PLUS YEARS ARE ALL ALIVE?

You trying to retake the crown of el moron?

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:44:22 

Immigrants and their U.S.-born children now number approximately 89.4 million people, or 28 percent of the overall U.S. population, according to the 2018 Current Population Survey (CPS). Pew Research Center projects that the immigrant-origin share will rise to about 36 percent by 2065.Mar 14, 2019

Maybe now you see the difference!

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 19:53:42 

BTW aren't you the same person arguing how Man does not need God?

How man is figuring stuff out and will make the World a better place?

Now you crying and bawling because 40000 people came to your shores for a break from tyranny?

That's all it took for you to get your panties in a bunch...

sgtdjones 2019-06-27 21:24:05 

In reply to Ayenmol

You realize Bobbolee father came from your island.

Dont be surprised, if you and Bobolee are related.
Similar traits exist.

Bobolee noted that his father had 5 acres of land in Dominica that was overlooking the ocean but didn't want
it. It wasnt good land.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 21:29:16 

In reply to sgtdjones

lol lol lol

Which one is bobolee again?

sgtdjones 2019-06-27 21:37:24 

In reply to Ayenmol

bravos

He is not a high school graduate.

razz razz

Ayenmol 2019-06-27 21:46:23 

In reply to sgtdjones

So he is a child of an immigrant? That why he feel to show he love for the country so?

Chupidee. But he calling me a tom?

JahJah 2019-06-28 02:16:13 

It seems I've moved into, rent free I might add, Ayemdull's head.

Can't say I am pleased with the non-existent furnishings.

bravos 2019-06-28 02:43:35 

In reply to STDJones

Shameless Sheep-shagger..

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 03:10:25 

In reply to JahJah

I could have written this for you the very moment I started the thread...after I told you the same last night you coming with the same material...

Of course I never called your name...but apparently you identify with el moron.

Live on el moron.

Go take a look at the numbers again...El moron...and share with us how the masses are choosing Canada...the masses of Caribbean folk who can't come to the US...

The majority of migrants in Canada are from the Caribbean. ..literally no one else cares!

By the way, all the time you spend in the people place and you ehh know a lick of french...go learn what ayen means and see how dopey your use of it is...

El moron!

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-06-28 03:21:47 

yall are fruit pickers in the Niagra regions? or fudge packers at Hershey?

JahJah 2019-06-28 12:39:50 

In reply to Ayemdumb

USA: 350 million

Canada: 35 million

Let us know if you think Canada can hold 350 million people.

Also, tell us why more people eat/buy McDonalds than a healthier option. Is it all so simple...like you? All that glitters...

Yep, that's why you signed your last post with your birth name.

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 12:50:38 

In reply to JahJah

Jibberish....

JahJah 2019-06-28 12:51:38 

In reply to Ayenmol

HAHHAHA

The cry of the pwned.

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 13:04:16 

In reply to JahJah

You always quick to declare victory.

Not sure what it says about you...but i do have some ideas.

Just write Jibberish that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand then when ignored declare himself winner of a non existent contest...

Pathetic personal, emotional and deep personality flaws revealed.

JahJah 2019-06-28 13:06:21 

In reply to Ayenmol

JahJah 2019-06-28 13:08:59 

In reply to Ayenmol

Says the dude that boasted about slapping down people in arguments not too long ago.

Yes, it was during your Lebron-obessed phase.

Oh wait, that never ended.

And my point has everything to do with the discussion. Yu juss too chupidee to see it.

America is just a shiny object. West Indians love their shiny objects.

Like I said previously: All that glitters...

Take care.

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 13:11:13 

In reply to JahJah

Mcdonalds...that's the key to America having 350 million people...while having less land mass than Canada....mcdonalds....that is your reasoned response.

confused confused confused Maybe you should return to not posting at work, hiding your proclivities from your boss and only coming on the mb at night when your boss let's you go home to sleep.

Doh forget to stop at mikie D's...

JahJah 2019-06-28 13:18:19 

In reply to Ayenmol

Mcdonalds...that's the key to America having 350 million people...while having less land mass than Canada....mcdonalds....that is your reasoned response.

Geez, did it fly over your head? The McD quip had nothing to do with population size. DWL!

And what does land mass have to do with anything. Every piece of land is livable? So you're saying Canada should have 400 mil then? Dey slacking? lol lol rolleyes

Sweden has 9 million people. Look how big that land mass is compared to the UK!!!!!!!! To London (pretty much the same population), even.

You know what, I can't keep on conversing with a bag of rocks.
rolleyes

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 13:28:43 

In reply to JahJah

Dude you are arguing nonsense, as usual...you are missing the point..

Are you not the one who was touting quality of life in Canada over the US?

Are you not the one who claimed the masses choose Canada over the US...

So please, drop the foolish arguments about land mass and livable land...all Countries have 'livable' and 'unliveable' land!

Why do you think a Country like the US can support 350 million while Canada cannot come close to that? Even with it's size?

And before you talk about unlikeable land go see Dubhai...UAE.

Moron...always muddying the issue then losing touch with the point then claiming the water is muddied.

You are the one missing the point!

Shit up and stick to celebrating injury decided championships...ok el moron?

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 13:33:46 

In reply to JahJah

You know what, I can't keep on conversing with a bag of rocks.

Geez, did it fly over your head? The McD quip had nothing to do with population size. DWL!

Duh! How about you tell us why it is there...because I think we are all confused...beyond the 'quip' there is literally nothing there to make sense of...

USA: 350 million

Canada: 35 million

Yeah, I already said that...and it is 37 mill...just so you know...plus.

Let us know if you think Canada can hold 350 million people.

So can it?

What is your argument? Tell me what else can be gleaned from that inaccurate nonsense?

JahJah 2019-06-28 13:58:06 

In reply to Ayenmol

because I think we are all confused

You certainly aren't being presumptuous and speaking for everyone, are you? Personality defect then?

Yeah, I already said that...and it is 37 mill...just so you know...plus.

And the USA is 330 mil. POint still stands, doesn't it? Or are you getting all 'semantic' as your way of admitting defeat? big grin

So can it?

You tell me. You're the one lamenting how big the land mass is, as if to say Canada is joking around and not able to get more people to leave there. big grin

What is your argument? Tell me what else can be gleaned from that inaccurate nonsense?

Inaccurate? Nonsense?

lol. Neither of these happened. Only in your mind as you look back and see your thread's angle die a slow death.
big grin

...much like those ranking links your posted that had USA way down the list.

sgtdjones 2019-06-28 14:59:34 

Keep the thread going guys

Its funny

razz razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2019-06-28 15:04:07 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

yall are fruit pickers in the Niagra regions?

Naw , naw dem bwoys are recruited specially and only come
to work in the summer months.

I see them on occasions riding bicycles along the roads
in rural communities.

razz razz razz

bravos 2019-06-28 17:05:07 

In reply to STDjones

Buh yuh ain answer de man,he ask yuh if your'e a buller or a buller all over the North ?

sgtdjones 2019-06-28 17:39:54 

In reply to bravos

Do you always act like an bobolee or do you just show off when I’m around?