The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Dominica’s medical tourism: Herbs, source of long life

sgtdjones 2019-06-28 14:44:22 

Dominica’s medical tourism:
Herbs, source of long life

Mil­lions of peo­ple around the world are spend­ing ex­or­bi­tant sums to de­cel­er­ate age­ing with the hope of liv­ing a long and healthy life, but in the Caribbean isle of Do­mini­ca, peo­ple have found the se­cret to longevi­ty.

Recog­nised as hav­ing one of the high­est num­ber of cen­te­nar­i­ans per capi­ta in the world, Do­mini­cans are try­ing to cap­i­talise on their longevi­ty by in­creas­ing­ly of­fer­ing to the world the use of herbal med­i­cine to main­tain the foun­tain of youth in­stead of surgery.

The is­land’s thrust in­to med­i­c­i­nal tourism ties in with its stat­ed goal of build­ing an econ­o­my that is sus­tain­able and one that is in keep­ing with its goal of a green econ­o­my.

Mor­ris Smith, 61, fond­ly known as Rudy who owns Islet View Restau­rant, us­es the aro­mat­ic moun­tains of Do­mini­ca to gen­er­ate his liveli­hood.

Dur­ing an in­ter­view, Smith said the cen­tral moun­tain ridge in Do­mini­ca of­fers an ar­ray of med­i­c­i­nal plants which form part of Do­mini­ca’s cul­tur­al norms and be­liefs.

“We call it drinks of med­i­cine and they are very pop­u­lar here,” Smith said. Stand­ing in front of a shelf with an ar­ray of glass bot­tles filled with med­i­c­i­nal rums, Smith said the most pop­u­lar is the gouroflie.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-06-28 14:57:17 

There are al­so herbal aphro­disi­acs which is made with mesamawe and bois bande.

Yo, Charlotte St Headley

Is dis what you use with dem omen in POS?

razz razz razz

Ayenmol 2019-06-28 18:58:40 

In reply to sgtdjones

Well...doesn't Figi market itself as having the fountain of Youth? Maybe DA has found it's niche.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-06-29 00:53:32 

Mamawana?