The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

What an absolute pathetic field of Democratic candidates

Ninetenjack 2019-06-29 04:48:25 

Each competing to see who can go as far left as possible. Jeeze, and uncle Joe .....looks like he has dementia...this will be a cake walk for Trump.

Casper 2019-06-29 06:22:52 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Pathetic because they don’t lie too well nor try to create fear in the people?

mikesiva 2019-06-29 09:22:27 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Bernie Sanders for President. Feel the Bern!
cool

nitro 2019-06-29 11:16:43 

In reply to mikesiva

lol lol lol

Bernie looks as if he can barely stand up much less outlast these people.

nitro 2019-06-29 11:22:12 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Pathetic indeed. The liberal media recognize that Biden will be blown away Bigly so they are trying to push Kamala Harris, even though Warren apparently did the best.

The thing is Kamala is said to have slept her way to where she is. Things may pour out of that closet, Russia probably have the pics, emails. That will be fascinating.

Elizabeth Warren, well the makers of the Pocahontas shirts will make good money but she will easily defeated by Trump.

StumpCam 2019-06-29 13:39:03 

In reply to Ninetenjack

What’s the matter, you don’t want US to be like our northern neighbors? twisted

Gun_Play 2019-06-29 13:57:12 

In reply to nitro

Really? the angle for K. Harris would be how many men she's slept with?

How many women has Trump slept with?

The first lady is on internet naked for crying out loud.

Anyone can be president at this point. The bar isn't set high anymore.

Casper 2019-06-29 14:06:36 

In reply to Gun_Play

That was an exquisite cover drive off Nitro’s attempt to bowl a Yorker.

nitro 2019-06-29 14:23:51 

In reply to Gun_Play

Really? the angle for K. Harris would be how many men she's slept with?

I would not use that as a deciding factor on whether to vote for her. How do you think the American public will view that? Do you think the perception of a promiscuous female as President will be different than that of a womanizer? I doubt that men and women are held to the same standards of sexuality.

Again a high percentage of Trump voters, like myself voted for his proposed policies, not for his indiscretions.

Will Kamla have that support, will her policies gain her such a solid base of support IF those rumors become reality?

DonD 2019-06-29 14:30:15 

In reply to Gun_Play

Thanks to Trump, the days of Gary Hart is done in American Politics. That's perhaps Trump's greatest gift to the American people. lol lol lol

dayne 2019-06-29 14:39:20 

By the end of next month about five of the candidates will drop out, it is early days, but all of these candidates will be better at being President than Trump.

Kay 2019-06-29 14:55:36 

In reply to dayne

but all of these candidates will be better at being President than Trump.

You are right, on a scale of 1-10, 3 is better than 2 but they are both mediocre......

Ewart 2019-06-29 15:09:56 

Really, 40 years after the Reagan-Thatcher anti-worker, anti-union, pro-big business, pro-private enterprise revolution did its colossal damage, most people do not know what left is anymore.

Ninetenjack would be no exception.

//

Ninetenjack 2019-06-29 17:08:54 

In reply to Ewart

Here is the issue I don't give a crap about the Dems but there is a tried and tested way of getting elected, campaign from the centre then you can govern from the left. Pelosi looks like the only adult at the table right now. This will be a landslide for Trump.....I want to see a contest.

djdrastic 2019-06-29 17:15:02 

I would pay good money to see Marianne Williamson and Donald Trump having a one on one debate.

Ewart 2019-06-29 17:57:37 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Yes. And what I am trying to get you to realise is that neither the Centre nor the Left are today where they were 40 years ago. So when peeps talk today about the left they are really talking about what is really Centre. Everything has shifted beyond Right to Extreme Right. Today's "Left" is Centre. I don't hear anybody campaigning for radical extreme Leftism.

So we have to explain what we mean when we use those terms, because they no longer mean the same thing as they were.

//

sudden 2019-06-29 18:32:01 

people vote for a particular candidate because they want to vote for that candidate. nothing said in debates change people's minds otherwise Trump would only get his family and close friends' vote and scarcely that.

Trump doesnt answer any debate questions and hardly makes any sense

JOJO 2019-06-29 19:13:02 

In reply to sudden

Trump doesnt answer any debate questions and hardly makes any sense

True. But this approach is better than giving a response that you may have to explain or pull back from later.

All the top dem candidates agreed to provide healthcare to undocumented persons and agreed that they should not be deported unless they committed a crime. These are tough sells in a general election.

sudden 2019-06-29 19:33:40 

In reply to JOJO

the Dems should stand by what they believe. dont try to out trump Trump. only Trump can do that. stick to their convictions and if they lose they lose. if the US thinks Trump is the one for this time it would have to live with that choice.

that is why i like Warren and Sanders but they are old. would love to see a younger person with strong liberal convictions they stick to.