The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Are you a citizen of the USA? How can this...

BeatDball 2019-07-04 15:07:43 

be an irrational/illogical question to ask a voter??? With close to 30 million illegal immigrants in the country!? How the fact is this irrational or waaaaaacist? I dont get it! Western civilization is at its demise. Demoncraps want this country to recede to a Central American third world shithole. That's all.
sad cry

camos 2019-07-04 15:11:08 

In reply to BeatDball

Is there no other way to find out who is a citizen?

BeatDball 2019-07-04 15:17:35 

In reply to camos It's a simple question! That's all. Do you know what goes on in Demoncrapic districts? I was in the booth voting for Cunningham & not for Alan Hevesi & LEVER WOULD NOT BUDGE! I simply walked out in disgust...complaining in BedStuy would not have been a sound move as those erudite people working at the Elementary school would not have been pleasant as they would know whom I was voting for!!!

evil

maj 2019-07-04 15:20:34 

In reply to BeatDball

This question is asked on many other applications. And was part of the Census from 1830 to 2010. It's just an issue because Dems are against anything DT does.

What harm will it bring to non citizens.
Most dont fill out the form anyway.

StumpCam 2019-07-04 15:20:44 

In reply to BeatDball

So, there is no place for a “Legal Resident “ in the USA???

camos 2019-07-04 15:21:38 

In reply to BeatDball

simple but irrelevant , census is population count not citizenship count, government have to provide certain services based on community size and that includes noncitizen.

maj 2019-07-04 15:22:27 

In reply to camos

I guess you check births and issued passports but that still would not give you the full picture.

The census gives you a better chance to get a more accurate number.

BeatDball 2019-07-04 15:24:24 

Maj! See, how I pulled them out of the wood work!? Dwl.
big grin lol

camos 2019-07-04 15:26:12 

In reply to maj

It is useless information, tell how the government or census users will use this info.

BeatDball 2019-07-04 15:28:59 

Close to 30 million illegals in the facting country! What is this, man! It's a simple question; just put an X and another X who you are voting for done! Tea & water, as the guyneez used to say!
evil

maj 2019-07-04 15:29:54 

In reply to camos

Just for basic stats.

If its useless so then there shouldn't be a worry

JOJO 2019-07-04 15:35:07 

In reply to BeatDball

What is the purpose of a population census?

StumpCam 2019-07-04 15:37:59 

In reply to BeatDball

I hope Trump includes another question, whether deadbeat citizens pay their child support! twisted

camos 2019-07-04 15:39:08 

In reply to maj

If its useless so then there shouldn't be a worry

It is useless information from a policy perspective, all it does is discourage participation in the census, thereby creating under count which will hurt certain communities.

black 2019-07-04 15:53:44 

In reply to BeatDball

The census is not and should not be about Citizenship, it is conducted to get an accurate count of the population. The Federal Government allot money to the States
based on that count.

What is to be gained by asking this question?

embsallie 2019-07-04 16:00:48 

Do not blame Dems for Trump's dictatorial behavior.
Every citizen of the United States whether by virtue of birth or naturalization is in some sort of registry or Registrar's office.
What, except for a very pernicious or insidious reason would a question like that be required for a Census? The Population of the United States does not distinguish between men or women, old or young, imprisoned or free, straight or gay and Illegal or legal.
The main purpose is to determine how many people are currently here and how federal funds are distributed accordingly.
In the process of a census the Govt. can get some or all of the information above, but is not essential for that purpose.

What if the next question on that census was are you straight or gay? What would be the purpose of such a question> Would it be to round them up and put them in a concentration camp?

I am sorry Maj and BeatDball but I beg to differ. I am sure you are not as naive as you portray yourselves right now.

BeatDball 2019-07-04 16:03:56 

In reply to StumpCam Every week, it comes out of my check! U low blow blowhard facter.

evil

black 2019-07-04 16:06:29 

In reply to StumpCam

I hope Trump includes another question, whether deadbeat citizens pay their child support!

lol lol lol

BeatDball 2019-07-04 16:07:20 

In reply to black Psychological. An illegal voting, if he or she has a conscience, should stop them right in their tracks. Fool stop. Of course, later on, if it's found that you were an illegal who voted in US elections, then it would be a double whammy in sending you off to your boorteafool country, ent!?

big grin cool

BeatDball 2019-07-04 16:07:57 

In reply to black Wow, black, U are so gratified! Darn stinker.

evil

maj 2019-07-04 16:33:08 

In reply to camos

That's a stupid reason to not participate, are green card holders encouraged not to participate?

Up until 2010 it was a perfectly legitimate question.

BeatDball 2019-07-04 16:45:06 

In reply to maj Hypoorcretens to the max. that's Demoncraps & supporters.

cool

birdseye 2019-07-04 16:46:41 

In reply to BeatDball

Nothing illogical about the question ---- the motive for the question is the is the elephant ---- Trump says he needs it to enforce minority voting rights ----- even the chief Justice voted against that, saying ---- you Mr. president is being duplicitous --- give us a more plausible one……. Not even you, mr president believe that argument

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-07-04 17:08:08 

In reply to StumpCam

I hope Trump includes another question, whether deadbeat citizens pay their child support! twisted

Also, Release and pay taxes too

birdseye 2019-07-04 23:55:08 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

what about his taxes?

Runs 2019-07-05 00:40:43 

In reply to StumpCam

lol

Fantom 2019-07-05 03:55:40 

Why do you guys argue with people who spout alternative facts, are just plain liars or are just simply misinformed (use Fox News as primary source of information)?

The claim

"This is a question that's been included in every census since 1965," Sanders said Tuesday, "with the exception of 2010, when it was removed."

The short answer

This statement is inaccurate, incomplete and misleading. A quick history of the decennial survey makes that clear.

National Public Radio Discussing a Claim by SHS

Runs 2019-07-05 05:00:46 

In reply to Fantom

She is a known liar and the guy who made the quote on here should be excused as he is not very bright. cool

Larr Pullo 2019-07-05 08:03:23 

In reply to camos

census is population count not citizenship count, government have to provide certain services based on community size and that includes noncitizen.

The abject ignorance of some folks on this place is appalling

nitro 2019-07-05 10:47:07 

A population census is the total process of collecting, compiling, evaluating, analysing and publishing or otherwise disseminating demographic, economic and social data pertaining, at a specified time, to all persons in a country or in a well delimited part of a country.

nitro 2019-07-05 10:51:11 

The numbers of citizens, non-citizen legal residents, illegal immigrants and long-term visitors living in any residential structures in the U.S. make up the tally of the Census. A person is counted as a resident of a home if it is the place where they most often live and sleep. While some U.S. citizens living outside the country have the right to vote, only those who are military or civilian federal employees are counted in the Census. The Census does try to tally the numbers of homeless citizens but with an acknowledgement that accuracy is less assured.

The specific data collected for any given Census can vary, but examples include:

Basic population characteristics, such as age, sex, marital status and size of household.Economic data, such as workforce participation, workplace and education.Geographic information, such as place of birth, usual place of residence and former place of residence.

Runs 2019-07-06 10:23:17 

The Supreme Court refused to lift a lower court ruling blocking the administration from asking about citizenship in light of growing evidence that officials lied to the public and to Congress about the purpose of the change. Originally billed as a means to ensure enforcement of the Voting Rights Act, documents suggest the administration hoped the change would depress response rates among the nonwhite population, denying them representation and federal funding.

BeatDball 2019-07-06 16:51:04 

Gee, a stupid, stewpid, chupid question to asssk, when there's close to 30 million illegals in a man's country! Very asinine of DJT...of course, that would be notion of third world immigrates...who dont want to assimilate, acculturate & integrate (& as Maj notes - like the freedoms, the $$$, but hate the country), but know-it-all on America's culture & jurisprudence! I deading with laffs.
razz

tc1 2019-07-08 00:21:47 

In reply to BeatDball

I get it, you came over by the Mailflower

BeatDball 2019-07-08 15:36:55 

In reply to tc1 Not quite; a balahoo made of guyneez greenheart wood!

big grin

camos 2019-07-11 22:43:42 

In reply to BeatDball

President Trump on Thursday abandoned his battle to place a question about citizenship on the 2020 census, and instructed the government to compile citizenship data from existing federal records

Runs 2019-07-11 22:49:13 

What a backdown lol

BeatDball 2019-07-11 23:03:13 

Knew there was going to be gloating...mih know socishitists like, tea & water, as the guyneez used to say (up to the '80s)!
evil

carl0002 2019-07-11 23:08:44 

In reply to Runs
Trump and Roger Stone Mantra:

Admit nothing, Deny Everything and Attack, Attack, Attack

This publicity stunt was Trumps way of spinning a defeat into something positive (mantra above) and he had his lying lapdog with him in William Barr, Who told just enough Truth to hide all the lies. If Barr don't go to jail at some point there is no justice in the US.

Runs 2019-07-11 23:33:43 

In reply to carl0002

Barr said the Commerce Dept messed up with Ross right there lol
How did you like his suck up Russkie style to DT lol

carl0002 2019-07-11 23:50:10 

In reply to Runs
That was disturbing to say the least but he know thats how the president like people to play up to him. Its almost like he feel the need to suck up to the president just b4 Mueller hammer him on the 17th. I sure home for once in his life Mueller just go bat $hit crazy on the whole bunch a dem.

nitro 2019-07-12 00:07:38 

In reply to carl0002

Mueller did his report. He has nothing else to say.

Give it up bro, Trump is here to stay!

Runs 2019-07-12 00:53:48 

In reply to nitro

Poor lower standards and mediocrity loving you. The kidneys has a special place in the heart lol

googley 2019-07-12 02:08:15 

In reply to BeatDball

you do know there are other census that queries citizen status, right?

This was all a political stunt by Drumpf! The man is constantly working his base. wink

nitro 2019-07-12 02:26:10 

In reply to googley

Obama sent back more annually. Be grateful for Trump.