The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

'Time was always against us' - Gibson on South

djdrastic 2019-07-07 16:45:08 

Africa's World Cup

Time. It's the one thing South Africa coach Ottis Gibson wishes he'd had more of. More time to find and nurture a replacement for AB de Villiers. Time to rest his fast bowlers. Time to inculcate brave, adventurous batting into his charges. Time to fail at doing so, and to try again. Fail again. Fail better.

"Time, I would say," Gibson said, when asked what the biggest challenge of his coaching tenure has been. "Having enough time to build a team."

There were other things to deal with off the field. Cricket South Africa is battling multiple challenges, looking to offset forecasted losses of R654 million (approx. USD 47 million) over the next four years and coming up against the South African Cricketers' Association in the process. On the eve of South Africa's World Cup opener, SACA launched legal proceedings against CSA over the decision to restructure domestic cricket as part of a financial recovery plan.

Gibson insisted that CSA's lack of financial clout and the ongoing trouble between CSA and SACA could not be blamed for failure on the field.

"It's not anybody in the boardroom's fault that we didn't play well. I feel like I've had a lot of support. Things haven't gone well, and I'm not going to stand here and throw anybody under the bus or anything.

Khaga 2019-07-07 17:22:11 

What a boring and lazy skunt!vwhat disbhe do with all the time he had?

googley 2019-07-07 17:43:24 

In reply to djdrastic

sounds like de man vex at AB lol

djdrastic 2019-07-07 17:46:14 

In reply to Khaga

Busy renegotiating for his old contract at Mother Hingland ?

silver 2019-07-07 17:47:06 

In reply to djdrastic

Gibbo another fraud

Narper 2019-07-07 22:37:14 

De skunt always looking to blame someone or something

rillo 2019-07-08 11:01:29 

In reply to djdrastic

Time to fire your ass.
You are a waste of time.
How could people see you as a coach.
Your bowlers could not win you games and your forte is bowling coach.
So shut up you fraud.

goofballs 2019-07-08 15:56:38 

In reply to djdrastic

and I'm not going to stand here and throw anybody under the bus or anything.

Gayle, Sarwan, et al?

Maybe like most humans do, he is showing capacity to learn from past transgressions, whether volitional or not.
However, when one's criminal or immoral behavior is strongly supported/defended in reputable, international publications of experts like CCC,he will see nothing wrong in his ways and is wont to repeat.