The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Has Rohit sharma

brians_da_best 2019-07-08 13:56:23 

Joined the likes of kohli, Williamson, root, Smith and Hope, as one of the best players in the world?

Andy99 2019-07-08 13:57:56 

In reply to brians_da_best

kohli, Williamson, root, Smith and Hope,

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

Starzz 2019-07-08 14:02:45 

In reply to Andy99

lol

djdrastic 2019-07-08 14:40:23 

Hope is in a class of his own.

goofballs 2019-07-08 15:50:36 

In reply to brians_da_best

Wake up, look around Rip.
Has been there over past decade, albeit mostly in ODIs.

VIX 2019-07-08 16:05:32 

In reply to Andy99

big grin

camos 2019-07-08 16:16:42 

In reply to brians_da_bestI prefer to see this guy Sharma ,when he is in touch , than Kohli.

anthonyp 2019-07-08 16:30:13 

In reply to Andy99

I had de same reaction when I read that nonsense.. man eye pass Rohit lol lol

goofballs 2019-07-08 16:51:59 

In reply to camos
Amen! That makes two of us here and a few hundred millions.

I prefer to see this guy Sharma ,when he is in touch , than Kohli.

I have to find a thread I started a couple of days that Devin had problems with.
I think Surya was onto something about the two personalities.

Starzz 2019-07-08 18:24:41 

In reply to camos

same

anthonyp 2019-07-08 18:31:20 

Rohit Sharma will go down as the greatest opening batsman in ODI history.. and overall one of the greatest ODI batsman ever..

De man got about three double tons in ODIs.. nobody will pass that for now!

goofballs 2019-07-08 19:19:13 

Rohit is regal, majestic, natural.
Kohli has to work very hard and drive himself to the limits to succeed and has done a good job of it.
The obsessive, control freak type of personality goes with the picture and anytime loss of control becomes a threat he goes beserk.
Like Shiv and Vijay Singh they have to work very hard at their game, knocking balls day and night.
The Tigers, Sobers, Kanhais, Laras can just show up and produce miracles without rehearsal or practice.
Rohit is none of the above but more closely resemble the latter group. If only he could apply himself more, especially in tests....
Some have said that you don’t get Rohit out. He outs himself by being carefree, bored, lackadaisical.
Just my opinion based on observation over a decade.
His captaincy too

runout 2019-07-08 19:47:58 

In reply to goofballs

Goofy...the narrative on Rohit for this WC would have been different had it not been for the chances.

goofballs 2019-07-08 19:53:44 

In reply to runout

What!!

My narrative about him holds true irregardless of scores.

He is Royalty.
Kohli is a commoner. smile

runout 2019-07-08 19:55:34 

In reply to goofballs

Beg to differ...Virat plays a cover drive like none other.

goofballs 2019-07-08 19:57:29 

As I said, just my opinion.
Like it or lump it but don’t kill a man for his opinions or beliefs. lol

Wait a minute! Three double centuries in ODI?
I really thought Kohli did that, the way people were carrying on about figures. wink wink

runout 2019-07-08 19:58:52 

In reply to goofballs

Bro...yes Rohit makes loads of runs...but when you talk about bringing the chips home...Virat is the borse. Quality player....quality runs. The best chaser in the business.

goofballs 2019-07-08 20:02:18 

Fikkr mat! Worry not.
I am not a fanatic over him like some here over Kohli. smile

runout 2019-07-08 20:04:35 

In reply to goofballs

lol lol lol

Khaga 2019-07-09 02:19:16 

Hope? lol

Barry 2019-07-09 03:41:27 

I hope that hope is in that class. I fear, however, that my hope is hopeless ...
cool

Devin 2019-07-09 05:25:27 

Link Text

If Kohli has the best cover drive in the game, and the cover drive is the most aesthetically pleasing shot in the game, then how is Rohit royal, majestic and regal?

This guy Goofballs is really quite a dumb fu#k. He's trying to make it seem as though Kohli has to work hard for his runs, whereas it comes so natural to Rohit.

People mistake laziness with elegance and class. That's why West Indians are the worst judges of talent, class, and potential. That's why someone like Samuel's could play for 20 years. Meanwhile, he couldn't rotate the strike if his life depended on it.

As I've said ad nauseum, Virat regularly scores a run-a-ball 50 with just a couple boundaries. Rohit will never be able to do that. Rohit starts extremely slowly, and then plays catch-up later in the innings by hitting a high volume of boundaries.

Back to the aesthetics, because that's what is being discussed. If Kohli has the best cover drive, and the best on-side game, how then is Rohit.....

Here's why Kohli is easier on the eyes; it's because his technique is far superior to Rohit's. Rohit is more in the mold of a Sehwag; they are stand and deliver players. Kohli's technique is beautiful, without looking robotic. The reason why it doesn't look like a batting manual is because he has pomp and flair. He also has approximately three or four different cover drives in his arsenal.

For the idiot that referenced double centuries and Virat having none, how many ODI double centuries have been scored by batsmen batting at #3 or lower?

Why would Virat need to score a double century when he is regarded as the greatest chaser of all time?

Michael Vaughan, Nasser Hussain, Michael Slater, Sangakkara, Wasim Akram, Kevin Pietersen, as well as so many of his peers marvel not just at his run scoring, but how easy he makes it look, and how good he looks while doing it.

Btw Rohit's strike rate is 88.68, Kohli's is 93+. One has to resort to risks and taking the aerial route, the other doesn't. One hits monster 6's and hits the ball further than the other, yet it's the other guy who scores faster. Interesting.

Khaga 2019-07-09 05:44:54 

In reply to goofballs

You have gone off the rails completely..

Khaga 2019-07-09 06:00:36 

In reply to Devin

Virat had to work hard for runs? Goofbhai must be dozing off while fantasizing.. lol

Devin 2019-07-09 10:37:17 

In reply to Khaga

Must be that cheap Demerara rum, or El Dorado. Whatever piss they drink down in Guyana.

goofballs 2019-07-10 03:10:40 

goofballs 2019-07-10 03:22:28 

Btw, two big men above had issues with my opinion. Look at them and see how to handle differences in a mature way, Little Boy.
I think Run out and Khaga. Watch and learn instead of trying to impose your underdeveloped, immature self.

Must be that cheap Demerara rum, or El Dorado. Whatever piss they drink down in Guyana.

It amazes me to see how quickly people are ready to forget and disown from whence they came. Perhaps tat piss was drunk just so you could come on earth?

Unless you are a total teetotaler like me, I say another case of fraud and false sense of self, adopting objects/materials to feel you are of significance and better than others.

Run along. Have a nice life. It is not too late, and I mean that sincerely.