The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Harvard suspends a Big One

Casper 2019-07-10 19:57:15 

for a lot of bad talk, but seemingly no action. He just seemed unaware that those days of joking around are done and few women give leeway anymore for such bad “jokes”.

Roland G. Fryer, a onetime (Black) rising star in economics who has been accused by multiple women of sexual harassment, will lose his Harvard University research lab (and his $600,000 per year) and be suspended for two years, the university said Wednesday.

JayMor 2019-07-11 02:39:55 

In reply to Casper

I can't quite decide whether Dr Fryer is a serial sexual harasser, like of Dump proportions, or Harvard has just found an easy route to pulling back a $600,000 annual payout. Dunno!

But they couldn't be talking to me with some announcement like the following:

In a letter to the economics department on Wednesday, Claudine Gay, a Harvard dean, said Mr. Fryer would be put on administrative leave for two years, during which he cannot teach or conduct research using university resources. The Education Innovation Laboratory, the off-campus space known as EdLabs where he conducted most of his work, will be permanently closed. A Harvard spokeswoman said he would not be paid during his suspension.
    After the suspension, Mr. Fryer will be barred from “advising or supervisory roles,” and his teaching will be restricted. Ms. Gay said she would revisit those limitations after a further two years.

Under no circumstances would I even contemplate a return. I would tell them to go royally fúck themselves.

--Æ.

Casper 2019-07-11 07:23:11 

In reply to JayMor

I would too, but in more “bajanly” polite way lol lol lol