The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Small days

black 2019-07-12 16:53:28 

Do you remember the days when your tiny brain would think of ideas without thinking of the consequences?

Do you remember playing with matches and mom not being happy about it?

Some may have gone as far as burning down the house. lol

What other stories do you have to tell?

maj 2019-07-12 17:19:35 

In reply to black

yes, i remember being in my backyard in the Bronx, and hitting bricks with a baseball bat as hard and high as i could and not worrying where they landed.. big grin

black 2019-07-12 17:29:49 

In reply to maj

Did you break any window?

maj 2019-07-12 17:31:11 

In reply to black

you know that part of not thinking about the consequences.. big grin

ray 2019-07-12 17:42:53 

running across Berbice public road and almost get lick down

RemainsUnknown 2019-07-12 19:55:42 

Ate a whole wiri wiri peppa raw when i was like 9 years old.

After, I thought I was gonna die. My cha cha said, 'well you want play big man, now deal with it.'

PS. fast forward many years later, now i grow my own wiri wiri and habanero peppers AND eat 'em raw with my food from time to time when I'm home. cool

johndeaver 2019-07-13 12:31:18 

I was used to playing from morning 10 am to eve lol and mom becomes very angry with me shock. She even beat me to not to do study well but now I'm a pro blogger and own 4 sites and currently making another one which is also hosted by A2 hosting and I'm gonna use A2 Hosting promo codes to get a huge discount like always. I think my mom would be proud of me.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 12:54:47 

Do you remember the days when your tiny brain would think of ideas without thinking of the consequences?

Isn't that every day for you...should be easy to remember...

black 2019-07-13 13:01:04 

In reply to johndeaver

I even got a newbie to share his small days secrets. lol

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

black 2019-07-13 13:06:01 

In reply to Ayenmol

You are an angry person, I wonder if your anger is a result of having so many doors slammed in your face?

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 13:11:40 

In reply to black

Lol...very funny... man who came on a thread discussing the issue of marriage and started attacking another mans belief with no rhyme or reason...than to start a worthless quarrel.

I actually have a reason for stating this that is well in line with the theme of the thread...unless you are now 12 years old!

black 2019-07-13 13:24:14 

In reply to Ayenmol

This thread was meant to be a fun reflection of childhood days, that is why I purposely included the words, "tiny brains" but you had to screw it up.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 13:38:17 

In reply to black

I dont care what it was meant to be...were you keeping with what my thread was meant to be?

Even vaguely?

I guess your small brain did not think of the consequences?

My point exactly...

Do you remember the days when your tiny brain would think of ideas without thinking of the consequences

Am right on point...

nick2020 2019-07-13 13:47:42 

In reply to Ayenmol

Stop trampling on the guy's thread.

Good to have you back posting black. Kid nowadays just don't have the days we did. We relied on nature and our imaginations to entertain us.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 14:04:04 

In reply to nick2020

Oh shut up hou rudderless nincompoop!

black 2019-07-13 14:22:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

Do you have anger issues?

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 14:44:42 

In reply to black

You el moron and others I have succinctly figured out love to try to paint me in a certain manner.

It will never stick...I have been the same person here for all these years...my principles has been the same...

But keep trying...
You did not call me angry when I dissected Courtesy...

All you who keep attacking me I have torn down factually...the truth hurts so much you cannot let it go....so you do things like call me stupid or my beliefs stupid with no real basis...or call me angry because I speak the truth unvarnished...and dont care to put up smiley faces to appease any man's ego.

razz

black 2019-07-13 14:54:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

All you who keep attacking me I have torn down factually

And that was accomplished by referencing nonsensical passages from your nonsensical bible? lol

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 15:06:59 

In reply to black

What Bible?... I have torn you down repeatedly on your own simple brained nonsense...

The only reason you harp on Religion is because you know your kind are in the majority here so regardless if your reasonning is as stupid as ever, they will back you up.

Notice I take on all of you sans any mob?

None of you can get the better of me outside of name calling... and it's not for lack of trying...

black 2019-07-13 18:22:06 

In reply to Ayenmol

What Bible?... I have torn you down repeatedly on your own simple brained nonsense

Where are you getting your information from?

Doesn't it all come from your bullshit bible?

How can you refute anything by referencing the thing that is in dispute, it's just plain foolish. That would be like the people at Ford telling me their cars are the best without the data comparing them to other companies.

It's just plain foolish!!!

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 18:31:59 

In reply to black

You itching to start a discussion on the Bible...

Am not going there with you...

This was my response...

lol

Because everyday on this board you say things that come back to bite you...Bible?

You know nothing of the Bible or its value...

Your continued attempt to start an argument on the subject indicates your inability to attract discussion on anything else...

Maybe you should remain a spectator...

black 2019-07-13 18:38:11 

In reply to Ayenmol

Your continued attempt to start an argument on the subject indicates your inability to attract discussion on anything else.

Probably less than 5% of my topics are bible related, you're the one that is working overtime to get to heaven. lol

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 18:44:44 

In reply to black

You start more Bible topics than anyone else and are in a rush to start an argument over Religion...you do not believe in Religion...i do.

End of story...move on.

Now back to decisions with no thought of consequences....

You are the King...even at your age..remember the crack head?

black 2019-07-13 18:51:07 

In reply to Ayenmol

You start more Bible topics than anyone else and are in a rush to start an argument over Religion...you do not believe in Religion

Not a lot percentage wise.

When was the last time I started a bible topic?

It's probably been months.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 19:10:15 

In reply to black

Steeuppss...you are now simply dragging on a pointless mission

Drapsey 2019-07-13 19:11:13 

In reply to black

Our friend Ayenmol is always spoiling for a fight, and leaves us the impression that he was always the loser in childhood fistfights.

Don't you wish he would stay within the thread's theme and share some (even one) of those childhood experiences?

black 2019-07-13 19:18:18 

In reply to Drapsey

Don't you wish he would stay within the thread's theme and share some (even one) of those childhood experiences?

The guy has got some serious issues but he is too wrapped up in his arrogance to see it.

lol

Drapsey 2019-07-13 19:20:41 

In reply to black

When I was little (earlier than 4 years old) I saw someone putting an inhaler in the nostrils. I had no idea what it was nor the name, of course.

I was so impressed and decided to emulate, and with the substitution of star-apple leaves, proceeded to stuff my nostrils.

Well, that's my earliest memory of being taken to the doctor. Actually it wasn't to a real doctor, but to the local dispensary.

black 2019-07-13 19:51:45 

In reply to Drapsey

I was so impressed and decided to emulate, and with the substitution of star-apple leaves, proceeded to stuff my nostrils

Star apple leaves? lol lol lol

Drapsey 2019-07-13 19:56:53 

In reply to black

That's all I had. The tree had low hanging branches.

Drapsey 2019-07-13 20:12:31 

In reply to black

Ok, I have more.

In school back in the Yard, we had what was called Manual Training classes. That's equivalent to the Americans' Shop Class.

We had a project to make wooden pipes, and were introduced to all those fancy wood-shaping machines. We even applied shellac to the finished product. Impressive.

At the end of all this and after we were graded, you wouldn't guess what the authorities did. Ok, I'll tell you. They actually gave us our prized finished pieces.

I guess that by now you've guessed what came next.

My grand-father was an ardent pipe smoker, and would buy the tobacco by the yard as was the practice back then. Well, I just had to wait until he was away from his stock and appropriated myself a piece of the tobacco twine, proceed to cut-up the stuff and stuffed my prized pipe, lit up and enjoyed all the puffing just like grand father would.

Ok, I'll stop here and tell you that that was both beginning and end to my smoking career.

black 2019-07-13 20:19:19 

In reply to Drapsey

Ok, I'll stop here and tell you that that was both beginning and end to my smoking career

And an ass whipping to go with it? lol

Drapsey 2019-07-13 20:43:08 

In reply to black

And an ass whipping to go with it?

No. We wouldn't tell on each other.

That's a trait still with me until now.

Norm 2019-07-13 21:13:13 

Black, how you doing, bro? I will try to swing by with some small days stories as soon as I can.
I was a bit surprised that Ayenmol was upset with this post and somehow saw it as another attack on him. Anyway, I hope all is well with Ayenmol.
Sometimes we have to lighten up and reminisce about pleasant or interesting times, including the times when we were quite stupid.

black 2019-07-13 21:15:28 

In reply to Norm

Doing good man, nice to hear from you.

black 2019-07-14 10:57:37 

How did you prepare for an ass whipping when you knew you did something wrong? lol

Norm 2019-07-14 11:03:46 

In reply to black

How do you prepare for an ass whipping

Depends on what the old lady grabs. The worst is a wild cane, or a heavy leather belt - especially the buckle end! Generally tho, begging and faking pain help to reduce the licks. smile

black 2019-07-14 11:11:55 

In reply to Norm

I have received quite a few beatings with shoes, brooms, whips, belts but not with the cane.

Got a few caning in school and they were not fun, I was scared of the cane.

Norm 2019-07-14 11:19:01 

In reply to black

Wild cane grew by ditches in the countryside. You would dry them so that they did not deteriorate quickly, but a wet wild cane was even worse than a dry one!

black 2019-07-14 11:25:06 

In reply to Norm

My Mom didn't use a cane, probably because she had lots of substitutes at her disposal. lol

Casper 2019-07-14 11:47:48 

In reply to maj

yes, i remember being in my backyard in the Bronx, and hitting bricks with a baseball bat as hard and high as i could and not worrying where they landed..

And all this time, I thought you had been hitting bricks with your head.

black 2019-07-14 11:57:50 

In reply to Casper

Too many blows to the head could turn anyone into a Trump supporter. lol

Casper 2019-07-14 12:19:25 

In reply to black

lol lol lol

And some Kool-Aid to numb the feeling.

black 2019-07-14 12:24:32 

In reply to Casper

The kool-aid is like reward for all the trauma. lol

Casper 2019-07-14 12:39:04 

Talk about hijacking a thread. Ayenmol’s contribution is nothing short of a perfect example.

Carry on Black.

Ayenmol 2019-07-14 13:44:32 

I think you all just love typing that name...most unique on here no doubt...

All the aimless poster who you can depend on to post the same garbage day in and day out...and delusional....day in and day out...

Birds of a feather band together...

Empty vessels all.

black 2019-07-14 13:50:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

That husband and wife stuff you posted was pure garbage.

lol lol lol

Ayenmol 2019-07-14 15:45:23 

In reply to black

Hahahhaaaaa...there it is...no wonder you jumped on the thread trying to detract...if it was garbage you would have said it then...Rather than detract from it with Religion...you were obviously jealous....it's still on your mind.

You wish you had thought of it ehh?

I expect to see a version of it reposted...

lol

Too predictable!

Casper 2019-07-14 15:45:42 

In reply to Ayenmol

Come on Ayenmol. Cut out B.S., the martyrdom, the “Me against CC.com World”.

You make a valuable contribution here, bringing another perspective, but you neither have to assume some Trumpian superior intellect nor resort to victimhood.

black 2019-07-14 16:11:37 

Alyuh remember dis?

Ayenmol 2019-07-14 16:17:27 

In reply to Casper

the martyrdom, the “Me against CC.com World”.

Proof is in the pudding....did I insert my name into your discussion this morning?

Can't have me in your cross hairs then claim am am shooting back unprovoked...

Anyway...am accustomed to it.

Carry on...

black 2019-07-14 23:19:39 

In reply to Ayenmol

Care to share your door knocking experiences? lol