The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Keemo Paul - struggles before success

anthonyp 2019-07-12 22:13:35 

A short video with where he grew up.. his parents and him talking about his youth days in Saxcalli and Wakenaam

Link

BeatDball 2019-07-13 13:44:35 

Wish him tons of success in his cricket career. Mom, dad & granny are behind him - he gwine go far.
smile cool

BeatDball 2019-07-13 13:46:03 

I like the part when his dad says to him, lets call it a day...what Keemo's response was!
lol

Courtesy 2019-07-13 14:36:41 

First off, I am glad Keemo didn't say: "I'll try to win the game for them."

Now the boy loves the game so the potential is there for him to get better. I hope he can surround himself with professionals as he continues to play the game and learn the game.

And finally, I am delighted that he played tape ball cricket.

Continue moving up young man.

solidrock 2019-07-13 15:41:00 

Good. Thank you for sharing this.

BeatDball 2019-07-13 16:40:30 

Daddy ent want bowl mih, daddy ent want bowl mih!
big grin lol cool

Ninetenjack 2019-07-13 16:48:29 

In reply to anthonyp

Thanks for sharing, brilliant....

StumpCam 2019-07-13 17:17:42 

Amazing what Keemo has accomplished so far coming from such a remote area of Guyana! Says a lot about his dedication and work ethic! Keep reaching for the stars!

BeatDball 2019-07-13 17:29:22 

Wow! They re-located EISS to Sans Souci village! Decades ago, it was at Domburg or Fredericksburg village (cannot correctly remember)! Ridge! Help me mih nah man!? I see the reason for re-location...as Leguan Island got its Secondary School for the first time (late 80s, I think); EISS didnt need to be at the Landstelling as you get off the Launch boat from Leguan, where the Leguan students didnt have far to travel on Wakenaam Island. Hmmm...good insight of the planners at that time.
cool

BeatDball 2019-07-13 17:36:50 

Just like the people of Wakenaam Island...they get along, whether they are black, brown, white, cream, pumpkin, etc!

cool

anthonyp 2019-07-14 00:04:31 

In reply to StumpCam

Just a little something for people to get an idea of where the youth came from..

Saxacalli is home to about 100+ people

Is a small remote island on the essequibo river

No electricity or running water in the area.. people use rain water or the essequibo river to do their thing.. it's still that way up to now

Youth lost his big sister when he was about 7 or 8..

I'm one his biggest supporters I know him personally and I could proudly say that he is level headed his goal is not money it's about making a lasting impression on WI cricket.. I really hope that he achieves it.. most people don't know that Keemo got an offer to take up cricket in England couple years ago and he refused..

Keep going Keemo!

anthonyp 2019-07-14 00:07:04 

In reply to BeatDball

That's how it is in the country side in Guyana bro.. no racism whatsoever.. in only in Georgetown yuh find that shyte

In the country side yuh could be whatever colour and you and everybody is good friend.. sadly it's not the same in the capital

hotarobin 2019-07-14 00:35:29 

In reply to anthonyp

thought his mum said that he lost a brother...so that means that he lost a brother and sister? He is talked about so much that he has big shoes to fill. Wish him well..

RonaldM 2019-07-14 12:18:24 

In reply to anthonyp

Thanks... enjoyed it.
Keep working hard and enjoy the successes with your family Kemo.