The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Serena is not the greatest, not by a longshot...

Devin 2019-07-13 15:20:45 

When you're an athlete, the most important thing is titles/championships. That's what will ultimately be used to measure your greatness.

In a sport like tennis, it's more than just titles.

It doesn't really matter what Djoker or Nadal do, Federer will probably always be considered the GOAT. Why? Aesthetics, his game, his style, the style + substance factor, the fact that no one else in the last 20 years plays like him.

When Sampras won his 14th slam, and sat at top of the leaderboard, i don't think anyone really considered him the GOAT.

Serena is one of the most ungainly athletes and tennis players I've ever seen. There is absolutely no beauty or grace to her. She simply overpowers her opponents with the hardest serve the women's game has ever seen, and the biggest forehand the women's game has ever seen. A forehand that is also wildly erratic. She stomps around the court and actually looks uncoordinated and clumsy most of the time.

Grace, elegance, glides around the court, can barely hear his footsteps, aesthetically the best the game has ever seen, regal, majestic, beautiful. Those are a handful of terms used to describe Federer, a man. Never will they be associated with Serena.

Martina and Steffi were beautiful to watch. I can't comment on Margaret Court. I didn't even like or appreciate Graf during her reign because I was a huge Seles fan.

For me, Martina Navratilova is by far and away the greatest female player of all time.

Career Grand Slams:
Margaret Smith Court: 24
Serena Williams:​ 23
Steffi Graf: 22
Helen Wills Moody: 19
Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert: 18

Career Titles:

Titles #
1. Margaret Court 192
2. Martina Navratilova 167
3. Chris Evert 157
4. Billie Jean King 129
5. Steffi Graf 107
6. Evonne Goolagong 86
7. Suzanne Lenglen 81
8. Serena Williams 72
9. Maria Bueno 71
10. Helen Wills 57

Apart from Hardcourts, Martina has won more titles than Serena on every other surface.

177 doubles titles, 15 mixed doubles titles. The woman won well over 350 titles. And look at who she played against, some of the greatest tennis players of all time. Who was Serena's main rival? Who can you even look to and say that had it not been for Serena, this girl would've won so many Grand Slams?

Serena still has to catch Margaret Court to lay claim to being the greatest singles champion. As far as Tennis player goes, not even fu#king close. It's Martina.

Chrissy 2019-07-13 15:27:59 

In reply to Devin

Why don't you post Margaret Court's slam wins and get back to me. For a man who genuinely knows sport you ignore the truth too often.
Serena is the greatest ever - deal wid dat.

nitro 2019-07-13 15:31:24 

In reply to Devin

Serena is one of the most ungainly athletes and tennis players I've ever seen. There is absolutely no beauty or grace to her. She simply overpowers her opponents with the hardest serve the women's game has ever seen, and the biggest forehand the women's game has ever seen. A forehand that is also wildly erratic. She stomps around the court and actually looks uncoordinated and clumsy most of the time. 

Agree 100%. Looks like a wrestler playing tennis.

hotarobin 2019-07-13 15:31:50 

In reply to Devin

Dude you seem to be guided by your dislike for Serena...

Devin 2019-07-13 15:32:01 

In reply to Chrissy

What do you mean by Margaret Court's slam wins? She won 24.

Devin 2019-07-13 15:32:28 

In reply to hotarobin

Debate what I've said.

Barry 2019-07-13 15:43:00 

Fat Sachin is not the greatest- no titles see lol lol

JahJah 2019-07-13 15:43:10 

In reply to hotarobin

Truth of her being the greatest hurts like hell. She wasn't supposed to win 3 titles let alone 23. You don't think it hurts him and his cronies like hell?

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-07-13 15:44:02 

In reply to Devin

By your yardstick Hooper is far better than Lara, Samuels than Gayle, Lawrence than viv.

But I see what you are doing.

After years of using gs titles to determine GOAT you are not shifting the goalposts because there is the danger that Rafa and Djokovic might go past Federer.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 15:44:39 

In reply to Devin

Serena is better than Margaret Court...just a poor sportsman...

Devin 2019-07-13 16:07:02 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

I don't know what happened to you, or maybe i didn't pay attention to your posts over the years .

Titles, accomplishments, aesthetic value.

What did Hooper accomplish? Anything of value? Samuels was ungainly, just like Gayle. Gayle accomplished a lot more.

Devin 2019-07-13 16:10:20 

In reply to Barry

What titles are there in Cricket? Every 4 years you wait for a world cup.

In tennis there are 4 grand slams every year, and a whole heap of other big tournaments.

Btw Sachin is a world cup winner, and he was the second leading run scorer for that edition of the tournament.

Devin 2019-07-13 16:14:45 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Jackass, let's get something clear. From the time I started supporting Federer, I made it clear why I did so.

HE LOOKED BETTER THAN ANY OTHER TENNIS PLAYER I HAD EVER SEEN.

Anytime i have discussed Federer or people ask me why i like him, it always goes back to aesthetics and the fact that his game isn't one-dimensional like all the other players.

This has nothing to do with who is catching up to him in the Grand Slam title tally.

Trinidave 2019-07-13 16:14:52 

Aesthetics is a subjective criteria. GTGOOH with your European Brainwash BS.

Barry 2019-07-13 16:16:31 

In reply to Devin

World Cup
T20
Championship trophy
How much the fat b!tch get? razz

Devin 2019-07-13 16:19:06 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Go to 18:13 of this video and listen to what is said, dumbass.

Link Text

Barry 2019-07-13 16:19:56 

In reply to Devin

Fat b!tch couldn’t even beat Australia consistently
Couldn’t make runs when we needed him too
Always made runs for himself against weak teams like the mindies...
Just saying brother
He was a waste of sperm....

Devin 2019-07-13 16:21:01 

In reply to Trinidave

European? What the fu#k does this have to do with Europe?

This isn't subjective. Federer is recognized as the most beautiful male tennis player of all time.

No one thinks there is any beauty to Serena's game.

Barry 2019-07-13 16:23:08 

In reply to Devin

Against Australia he would put his fatarse in front of the wicket so the blind hardier would give him out lbw... he did that everytime like if his elephant legs couldn’t move.... confused

Devin 2019-07-13 16:24:05 

In reply to JahJah

Hurts me? LMFAO. Dude, i, along with most people, don't give a $hit about Serena or women's tennis.

Serena matters to black people, that's it.

The last time i had any interest in women's tennis was back when Justine Henin was playing.

Devin 2019-07-13 16:25:42 

Here's a question, is Steve Smith a better batsman than Brian Lara?

If Chanderpaul was the leading run scorer in Test cricket, would anyone outside of Guyana consider him the greatest batsman of all time?

Barry 2019-07-13 16:26:19 

In reply to Devin

The fatarse wasn’t subjective too brother. He was objectively a waste of space... that is why IUDs are so important... just saying, brother.... walking across the stumps for the thiefing yardie to lbw him...

Devin 2019-07-13 16:27:39 

In reply to Barry

Lol, dude, why are you talking to me about Sachin? I don't give a fu#k about him.

Barry 2019-07-13 16:27:42 

In reply to Devin

The question is and I paraphrase, how much title the fatarse win.... surprised

hotarobin 2019-07-13 16:29:07 

In reply to Devin

not worth it bro...it is evident to me that you are driven by your "lack of admiration" for her...but I could be wrong...

Listen I am a Fed fan so I oppose Nadal and Joka but I have to be careful how far I take that cause there is a thin line that we all can cross and I have before...

At the end of the day regardless of how much of a Fed fan I am I have to admit that Nadal and Joka are damn good and right up there with Federer. Yes I think that Federer is beauty on the court but Nadal i have to respect Nadal's fight and guile as well as Joka's focus and accuracy...

I am not going to waste my time looking for statistics to put them down. Dem fellas darn good and getting better and I have to admit it and learning to live with it.

Devin 2019-07-13 16:29:59 

In reply to Barry

2011 World Cup

Devin 2019-07-13 16:32:42 

In reply to hotarobin

Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are arguably the three greatest men's tennis players of all time.

Nadal is by far and away the greatest clay court player. He has more intensity and fight than I've ever seen in any athlete.

Djokovic is the greatest returner of serve. He went from being a guy who would quit and give up during matches to being a champion, and a warrior.

Roger Federer is Roger Federer.

hotarobin 2019-07-13 16:37:14 

In reply to Devin

yet you don't seem to be able to find anything good to say about Serena...I rest my case... wink

Devin 2019-07-13 16:39:32 

In reply to hotarobin

What is there to say? She was always bigger and stronger than everyone, she hit the ball harder than everyone, and pretty much everyone was intimidated by her because they were weaker.

Barry 2019-07-13 16:39:55 

In reply to Devin

One World Cup for a fatarse... hail Clive Lloyd....hail Ponting... hail Sammy....just saying brother big grin

Barry 2019-07-13 16:41:48 

The fatarse bottom was bigger than that of Sourav.... sad

Devin 2019-07-13 16:42:20 

In reply to Barry

No one gives a shit about 20/20 cricket, it is a measuring stick for nothing.

Barry 2019-07-13 16:43:07 

I think his large bottom made him bottoms heavy, hence the lbws.... cry

Barry 2019-07-13 16:44:01 

In reply to Devin

One ODI? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

nick2020 2019-07-13 16:48:25 

In reply to Devin

I hope you were prepared. lol

nick2020 2019-07-13 16:51:30 

In reply to JahJah

Truth of her being the greatest hurts like hell. She wasn't supposed to win 3 titles let alone 23. You don't think it hurts him and his cronies like hell?

That may be true. But then we should not debate with you about Toronto because you are oppositely biased? He typed a lot so maybe we can engage him on the substance of his words.

nick2020 2019-07-13 16:52:37 

In reply to Devin

I agree with you in theory that somehow the GOAT in tennis has been dumbed down for simpletons to purely GS titles but on the flip side can you look at a title count and weigh them equally?

I think not.

ray 2019-07-13 16:53:18 

Bigger and Stronger are not the only qualities you need to win so many tournaments

nick2020 2019-07-13 16:55:14 

In reply to Devin

Grace, elegance, glides around the court, can barely hear his footsteps

Well you better stop watching tennis because that died like test Cricket.

StumpCam 2019-07-13 17:01:33 

In reply to Devin

What about Federer using a BIGGER racquet??? lol lol

JahJah 2019-07-13 17:03:45 

In reply to nick2020

That may be true. But then we should not debate with you about Toronto because you are oppositely biased? He typed a lot so maybe we can engage him on the substance of his words

Come again? Debate what about Toronto? That what happened for them didn't happen for other teams? Part of the game.

It is quite difficult to get through a long process, and just be lucky.

Barry 2019-07-13 17:05:03 

Bigger arse, bigger bat, and he still can’t win test series... the new one is thinner and more aggressive but he follows in the footsteps of the fatarse... he is the tightarse... just saying...23+1 is inevitable...1 only is fatarse... big grin

Courtesy 2019-07-13 17:20:31 

In reply to Devin

...Serena matters to black people, that's it...

Folks, don't let the above escape allyuh. That's it right there. Dis racist facker Devin thinks he is a white woman.

nick2020 2019-07-13 17:52:21 

In reply to JahJah

It is quite difficult to get through a long process, and just be lucky.

I agree. And even if someone called them lucky to get past the 76ers does not mean they weren't the best team when the dust settled.

The point remains regardless of Devin's disposition towards Serena is he incorrect in his assessment? If so why?

Here is where Serena excels:

Grand Slam titles
Longevity

Here is where Serena falls down:

Precociousness in career
Win / Loss percentage

To make a statement that is found for the book of Powen I think a case can be made for any of those great females on Devin's list. Chrissy the tennis player and definitely not the poster was dominant in every tournament she entered. Shorter career though than Serena and Martina.

She was not my favourite tennis player at all (I couldn't stand her game) but Seles was the most dominant player- male or female - that I have ever seen. She is my unconventional GOAT but I know no one supports me on that one.

Edit:

By 18 Seles fell 2 Wimbledons short of having 2 straight Calendar Grand Slams. She had 8 Grand Slams by the age of 20.Then she was stabbed in the same year. Complete domination of the tour.

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 17:54:59 

This is so asinine it is beyond idiotic.

You should just be ignored as a racist from here on out.

nick2020 2019-07-13 18:00:29 

In reply to Courtesy

You think maybe he phrased it incorrectly? big grin

black 2019-07-13 18:11:58 

In reply to Devin

Serena is one of the most ungainly athletes and tennis players I've ever seen. There is absolutely no beauty or grace to her. She simply overpowers her opponents with the hardest serve the women's game has ever seen, and the biggest forehand the women's game has ever seen. A forehand that is also wildly erratic. She stomps around the court and actually looks uncoordinated and clumsy most of the time

Dude, non of that ungainly bullshit matters, winning is all that matters.

I see you are still on that "overpowering Black athlete" bullshit.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 18:23:54 

In reply to nick2020

Mate, this statement by Devin will be indelibly printed on my mind. This, coming from an Indian.

And no, he did not misspeak. It's undubitably clear what's on his subconscious.

An Indian very much like Surya who think they are white and will use every opportunity to trash a black person.

This is no time for smiling with them here.

Barry 2019-07-13 18:30:55 

In reply to Devin

Hurts me? LMFAO. Dude, i, along with most people, don't give a $hit about Serena or women's tennis.

The last time i had any interest in women's tennis was back when Justine Henin was playing.

There are two dog whistles here and I like Serena ...

Link Text

Trinidave 2019-07-13 18:33:03 

Serena's serve is the most beautiful thing ever in the women's game.

And on which planet is Serena ungainly? You're just making ish up.

Your post is replete with racist tropes. We hear them all the time went referring to athletes of African descent.

Again. GTFOOHWTRBS

Devin 2019-07-13 18:34:10 

In reply to Courtesy

I dislike white people as much as i dislike every other race. Try again. I'm not here to bow down to white people. I mock them to their faces in the workplace, and they can't do $hit about it.

I am a racist, and i don't give a fu#k. I don't care for Indians either, i just prefer many things that are Indian. Food, music, movies, women.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 18:35:20 

In reply to Devin

This was a dumb as fuck statement and as racist as they come.

Try again, will you?

You damn racist. This is why I treat you with scant courtesy.

Your belittling of Amla to BIG UP Kohli was all I needed to know to assess you.

twisted twisted twisted

Devin 2019-07-13 18:39:57 

In reply to Courtesy

Go back to arguing with Khaga about toilets in India, yuh dumb cu#t.

Everyone on this MB is a fu#king racist, just like 95-99% of the world's population.

nick2020 2019-07-13 18:40:13 

In reply to Courtesy

Devin thinks he is white?
I will have to consult sudden on this one.

nick2020 2019-07-13 18:41:08 

In reply to Devin

You are misusing the word racist Devin. If you went to Cawmere instead it is highly likely you would understand this.

black 2019-07-13 18:41:28 

In reply to Devin

Why are you constantly on Serena's case?

You cannot take away her accomplishments, she is the best ever, period.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 18:42:57 

In reply to nick2020

How else can you intepret this:

Devin:

He has disassociated himself from blacks right there and then.

nick2020 2019-07-13 18:43:15 

In reply to Courtesy

Interesting.

People usually take the "I have black friends" alibi. Instead Devin takes the triple down I hate everyone including myself route.

Pleading insanity defense?

Courtesy 2019-07-13 18:44:14 

In reply to nick2020

Indeed, indeed.

Kindergarten stuff when he is cornered like the rat that he is.

twisted twisted twisted

nick2020 2019-07-13 18:49:38 

In reply to Courtesy

Okay in the absence of sudden I will attempt to throw a lifeline for his good friend Devin.

Maybe his observation is there are people in this forum who support Serena because she is great and there is racial harmony. That if Serena did not share the same racial harmony but was just as talented she would not find a similar level of support here.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 18:54:44 

In reply to nick2020

Good luck with this mate.

Devin 2019-07-13 18:54:56 

In reply to nick2020

I am not misusing the term racist, i have my own definition.

Racism is the thought, discrimination is the action.

You can be a racist without discriminating. While the overwhelming majority of people are racist, I would venture to guess that most of them, or at least many of them, don't actually discriminate.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:01:01 

In reply to Devin

Do you think you can unring a bell?

Barry 2019-07-13 19:02:47 

I am a racist, and i don't give a fu#k. I don't care for Indians either, i just prefer many things that are Indian. Food, music, movies, women

You can be a racist without discriminating. While the overwhelming majority of people are racist, I would venture to guess that most of them, or at least many of them, don't actually discriminate.

I forgive you brother. I am almost gone .....
confused

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 19:03:12 

In reply to Devin
Racist...

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racism is a form of prejudice...discrimination is exactly what you are doing by claiming someone is less worthy of their accomplishment because of the color of their skin...

That IS the discriminstion... the racist attitude is already there in your unwillingness to even consider her tennis ability.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:06:48 

In reply to Devin

I'm the backroom ,they question Margaret Smith and Ayrton Senna to big up their Serena and Lewis Hamilton.. in the rumshop, George Beasley and some other cave age batsmen have to be the Greatest.

lol

Barry 2019-07-13 19:07:51 

The third aspect is when members of a group take the step of withdrawing empathy from members of other groups, limiting their concern and compassion to their fellows. They may act benevolently towards members of their own group, but be cruel and heartless to anyone outside it

And finally — moving into the most dangerous and destructive extreme of racism — people may project their own psychological flaws and their own personal failings onto another group, as a strategy of avoiding responsibility and blame. Other groups become scapegoats, and consequently are liable to punished, even attacked or murdered, in revenge for their alleged crimes. Individuals with strong narcissistic and paranoid personality traits are especially prone to this strategy, since they are unable to admit to any personal faults, and are especially likely to demonize others.

Link Text

Ayenmol 2019-07-13 19:08:34 

Racism is more than a thought...it is an active display of favoritism of one race over another...that in itself is manifested by not giving someone their due....

Good on you to admit though.

There are many here...who are racist.

Due to the atrocities committed by people who hate others and minimize their worth simply based on the. Color of their skin....I would say it is despicable and people like you are a stain on humanity...

Carry on...

nick2020 2019-07-13 19:11:10 

In reply to Devin

Don't be an idiot Devin.

Racism is discrimination along racial lines. You liking Indian women and thinking they are beautiful is not racism. However if a woman is ugly purely because she is black/white/red/blue then you are racist.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:14:31 

Barry,have you tried legal options against Sachin? Like paternity suit?

Devin 2019-07-13 19:16:39 

In reply to Khaga

No one here has any interest in car racing unless it has to do with Lewis Hamilton.

Federer is the greatest Tennis player on heaven, earth, the moon and stars. When does anyone start a Federer thread on this MB? Why don't they? They are still talking about Venus Williams on this MB as though she has a shot at winning a slam.

I may have a warped view of what racism is, but that is my view. If you don't like something or someone because of race, then you are viewed a racist. Well as far as I'm concerned, if you only support someone or something because of race, then you are a racist as well.

Barry 2019-07-13 19:22:07 

In reply to Khaga

Barry,have you tried legal options against Sachin? Like paternity suit

But he caught me on the layover (Wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (Wasn't me)
I even had him in the shower (Wasn't me)
He even caught me on camera (Wasn't me)
He saw the marks on my shoulder (Wasn't me)
Heard the words that I told him (Wasn’t me)
Heard the screams getting louder (Wasn’t me)
He stayed until it was over

LBW out

big grin

Barry 2019-07-13 19:23:15 

In reply to Khaga

group identity may lead to a second stage: enmity towards other groups. In order to further strengthen their sense of identity, members of a group may develop hostile feelings toward other groups. The group may become more defined and cohesive in its otherness to — and in its conflict with — other groups.

confused

Devin 2019-07-13 19:24:28 

In reply to nick2020

As i said before, I know what the definition is, I simply have my own way of interpreting it.

Sam Cooke and Bob Marley are two of my top 5 favourite musicians, doesn't mean I'm not racist. I bash white people as being culture-less sodomites and colonizers, I still love Roger Federer though. Last time I checked, he is white.

We all stereotype, and most stereotypes have to do with race or religion. And truth be told, most of those stereotypes are accurate.

It's all about being able to compartmentalize. I do that pretty well.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:24:32 

In reply to Barry

You may have a strong case for proving yourself to be his illegitimate child in a court of law,provided you have evidence. That may get you somewhere. big grin

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:24:33 

lol lol lol

Devin has got to be an ass...shun him.

black 2019-07-13 19:27:40 

In reply to Devin

Well as far as I'm concerned, if you only support someone or something because of race, then you are a racist as well.

It's not that simple, Black people root for Black athletes because of the history of exclusion and discrimination against us.

Barry 2019-07-13 19:30:29 

In reply to Khaga

I didn’t do it to him, Sir... he’s too fat... smile

Devin 2019-07-13 19:32:14 

In reply to black

You're right, as I've heard before, it is not possible for black people to be racist.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:32:40 

In reply to black

Why the fcuk do the same black people call out people of Indian origin for supporting Indians?
Look,this support extends far beyond sport.
Black people and Muslims are very tribal when it comes supporting their people,cutting across national boundaries. It is perfectly fine. Just STFU with pontification to Indians.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:34:17 

In reply to Khaga

Why was there a need for Devin to belittle Amla and his accomplishments in cricket to promote Kohli?

Pray tell?

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:38:05 

In reply to Courtesy

Cherry picking an argument or a poster doesn't help in disproving a dominant pattern of posters and posts here.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:42:54 

In reply to Khaga

The above post is more imagery rather than substance.

Try again.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:44:44 

In reply to Courtesy

Thank you. Carry on..

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:45:55 

In reply to Khaga

Do you know and understand why you are pivoting to a blisteron this issue without an answer?

This cannot be defended and you know it but as usual you choose to be an amplifier for Devin's echo chamber with his constant racist remarks.

Devin 2019-07-13 19:46:09 

In reply to black

Thank you for speaking on behalf of all black people.

If Margaret Court were black and played in 1892, and Serena was a white woman, you wouldn't find one black person on this message board who would tell you that Serena is the greatest.

No one here can actually dispute anything I'm saying. The way to argue with me is to call me a racist.

Facts: Martina won almost 100 more singles titles, and probably close to 250 more titles overall (singles, doubles, mixed doubles).

Facts: Martina played against the greatest female tennis players of all time.

Facts: Martina won more tournaments on grass, clay, indoor, and everything else apart from Hardcourts, than Serena.

Facts: Navratilova was world No. 1 for a total of 332 weeks in singles, and a record 237 weeks in doubles, making her the only player in history to have held the top spot in both singles and doubles for over 200 weeks. She was year-end singles No. 1 seven times, including a record of five consecutive years, as well as year-end doubles No. 1 five times, including three consecutive years during which she held the ranking for the entire year.

black 2019-07-13 19:48:11 

In reply to Khaga

Why the fcuk do the same black people call out people of Indian origin for supporting Indians?

It's one thing to support individual Indian players, it's another thing to support the entire team over West Indies.

Black people and Muslims are very tribal when it comes supporting their people,cutting across national boundaries. It is perfectly fine. Just STFU with pontification to Indians

Look in the mirror the next time you make those accusations.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:55:05 

In reply to black

Look in the mirror..

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:56:16 

In reply to Devin

You're such a jackass, you wouldn't know that in any comparative analysis there must be metric than can be agreed upon especially when comparing across eras.

Your drivel above is senseless and useless.

Khaga 2019-07-13 19:57:19 

In reply to Courtesy

If you think his drivel is senseless,you shouldn't be wasting your time.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 19:57:57 

In reply to Khaga

I enjoy exposing a racist jackass.

Courtesy 2019-07-13 20:02:43 

Btw, does this Devin racist jackass even know the meaning of "not by a longshot (sic)?"

black 2019-07-13 20:05:58 

In reply to Devin

If Margaret Court were black and played in 1892, and Serena was a white woman, you wouldn't find one black person on this message board who would tell you that Serena is the greatest. 

No one here can actually dispute anything I'm saying. The way to argue with me is to call me a racist. 

Facts: Martina won almost 100 more singles titles, and probably close to 250 more titles overall (singles, doubles, mixed doubles). 

Facts: Martina played against the greatest female tennis players of all time. 

Facts: Martina won more tournaments on grass, clay, indoor, and everything else apart from Hardcourts, than Serena. 

Facts: Navratilova was world No. 1 for a total of 332 weeks in singles, and a record 237 weeks in doubles, making her the only player in history to have held the top spot in both singles and doubles for over 200 weeks. She was year-end singles No. 1 seven times, including a record of five consecutive years, as well as year-end doubles No. 1 five times, including three consecutive years during which she held the ranking for the entire yea

One problem with your argument, it's not just Black people saying that Serena is the G.O.A.T.

Barry 2019-07-13 20:08:55 

Why is Khaga supporting Devin here. Does he question Serena’s greatness too... or is it identity politics playing....

hotarobin 2019-07-13 20:10:17 

In reply to Devin

If Margaret Court were black and played in 1892, and Serena was a white woman, you wouldn't find one black person on this message board who would tell you that Serena is the greatest

I come back on here after a couple of hours and your reasoning going down the drain more and more....what gives man? that is some serious crap you chatting there... shock

Khaga 2019-07-13 20:10:57 

In reply to Barry

Identity politics just like many black posters here..happy?

Khaga 2019-07-13 20:13:46 

In reply to hotarobin

If you actually process it,he is right in that observation. I have long pointed out the flaswed logic of the same group of posters in the front room and backroom.

In the front room,Sober has to remain the Greatest no matter what the modern Masters have done.

In the backroom, Serena and Lewis Hamilton have to be great.

Barry 2019-07-13 20:14:18 

In the words of Martina

"She has really dominated the sport in the last three years," Navratilova added. "What is impressive to me is that she's doing it at this age.

"It remains to be seen how deep she can go into the 20s, depending on how her body holds up and on motivation. Even if she gets to 22, passing Margaret Court is still a long way away.

"It definitely gets harder when you are in your 30s but at the same time, the new generation hasn't quite caught up to Serena so she has a nice window there."

Link Text

JahJah 2019-07-13 20:18:22 

In reply to Devin

She matters to women and tennis fans too.

hotarobin 2019-07-13 20:18:51 

In reply to Khaga

but that claim paints all black people with the same brush....and that is right because of you and Devin say so? Really?

Khaga 2019-07-13 20:20:07 

In reply to hotarobin

All black people? I think the context is about the hypocrites on here,no?

Khaga 2019-07-13 20:21:29 

In reply to JahJah

Don't stretch her appeal to all women..I know she appeals to you..

Barry 2019-07-13 20:23:03 

In reply to Khaga

They are not even allowed an identity? To love Sobers and Chanderpaul? Must you belittle them so? Will it make you a man? Make the great nation play tomorrow? surprised

Khaga 2019-07-13 20:25:22 

In reply to Barry

Chanderpaul? Love? Don't pretend fake unity and fake regional identity..Chanderpaul was villified on this MB,led by the so called intellectuals.. look the bigotry against Indians on this MB is well known..

JahJah 2019-07-13 20:32:08 

In reply to Khaga

Don't stretch her appeal to all women..I know she appeals to you..

How do you know that she isn't respected by women?

From what I have seen she gets plenty respect and admiration from women worldwide.

np 2019-07-13 20:34:21 

In reply to Devin

Now seeing this —- in poor taste but certainly shows how fucking racist you are to the extreme. The woman as a sports personality matters to all people - especially to her Husband and many friends and those who are not black.

The admin should ban your rass from posting in this multicultural forum. This type of extreme racism is abhorrent.
And it’s clear you are not joking. evil

nitro 2019-07-13 20:59:17 

Today must be a slow day in the Rum Shop. Oh, I forgot both Worst Indies and Windia got knocked the hell out.

Devin is making valid points and I do not see why people are calling him racist.

In fact you guys support ProWi who cast white people as the worst human beings here everyday. Hypocrites.

jcveletta 2019-07-13 21:01:19 

In reply to Devin

Steffi graft was the best in her generation. can win games from any situation and the best under pressure.
Serena is the best of her generation. I don't think anyone else comes close to read game situation as Serena. she has more grit than any modern player I have seen.

black 2019-07-13 21:08:16 

In reply to nitro

Devin is making valid points and I do not see why people are calling him racist

What valid points?

The ones about Serena being ungainly and uses brawn instead of brains to defeat her opponents?

That has been his argument about past West Indies Teams also.

And Black quarterbacks.

Is that not racism?

np 2019-07-13 21:31:24 

In reply to nitro

Please to FACK off with your bullshit. There is no defense for abject racism.
Yuh too is not friggin far behind if you can defend that shit.

I know you far up Trump’s rasshole but to defend this puts yuh in the top of the class of asshole defenders of racism.

Barry 2019-07-13 21:48:07 

In reply to Khaga

You misunderstand our conflicts brother- they all love Shiv... sad

Devin 2019-07-13 22:01:32 

Sorry folks, what I meant to say is that Serena matters the most to black people. And she mostly matters to black people.

Also, I'd say that most of the black people who support her couldn't give two $hits about tennis. So basically they are supporting her because she is black.

A comment; when Kohli behaves like a jackass on the field, there is no doubt that at least one thread will be started discussing the matter. He will be called many names, then something about the BCCI being too powerful will be thrown around, and many will say he should be disciplined or suspended.

When Serena behaves like she has on oh so many occasions........... nothing. Why is that? Oh yes, she's a woman, she's emotional, she's a mother, the umpire is cheating, the umpire is racist, they just hate Serena because she's black, blah blah blah.

nitro 2019-07-13 22:09:03 

In reply to black

I don't think that is being racist. I actually agree with those points and trust me, I am not racist.

Devin 2019-07-13 22:14:27 

In reply to black

Go listen to Halep's post match press conference. She said it is so difficult to beat Serena because she is big, strong, and intimidating.

I posted a bunch of substantial and valid reasons as to why Martina can and should be considered the greatest. The numbers are there. I can make the argument for Graf as well, and certainly the same can be said for Court, who not only won the most Grand Slams, but also ranks 4th on the list for most titles won(92). Serena has 73 to her name.

Here are some more numbers for you:

Most career singles + doubles titles

Martina Navratilova: 344
Chris Evert: 175
Billie Jean King: 168
Margaret Smith Court: 140
Pam Shriver: 127

Singles + doubles does not include mixed doubles. Look at the disparity between Martina and the rest of the field. Not even remotely close.

Devin 2019-07-13 22:18:56 

Would Lil Wayne, Drake, Jay-Z, and Beyonce show up to a tennis match if Serena weren't playing? And I bet you they don't know dick-all about tennis, but they wouldn't have any problem telling you she's the GOAT, even though they probably couldn't name another female tennis player, past or present.

Btw those names above could also be Puff Daddy, Kanye West, Dave Chappelle, and Tracy Morgan.

nick2020 2019-07-13 22:21:50 

In reply to Devin

As i said before, I know what the definition is, I simply have my own way of interpreting it.

Devin cannot decide to misuse a word and that say you have your own interpretation. The English language is full of other words you can pick to accurately convey what you mean without taking personal liberties.

Sam Cooke and Bob Marley are two of my top 5 favourite musicians

Ah so you do have a black friend.

If I see a very tall individual who looks well built I wonder if that person plays basketball. There is stereotyping and then there is racism.

nick2020 2019-07-13 22:22:58 

In reply to Khaga

Black people and Muslims are very tribal when it comes supporting their people,cutting across national boundaries. It is perfectly fine. Just STFU with pontification to Indians.

If anyone had any doubt who you were before this should end it.

nick2020 2019-07-13 22:25:57 

In reply to Courtesy

Sorry folks, what I meant to say is that Serena matters the most to black people. And she mostly matters to black people.
- Devin

He gave the bell one less ring lol

nick2020 2019-07-13 22:27:59 

In reply to Khaga

Black people and Muslims are very tribal

But Hindus are not? lol Oh dear then what is the Caste system all about?

Devin 2019-07-13 22:33:55 

In reply to nick2020

Tribal in their support of their own.

Devin 2019-07-13 22:36:30 

In reply to nick2020

Yes, I do have a black friend, i have many, they all live in Barbados. I talk to one of them daily.

I am still a racist. I don't discriminate. And i don't give a $hit.

Prako 2019-07-13 22:37:47 

In reply to Devin

Btw Sachin is a world cup winner, and he was the second leading run scorer for that edition of the tournament.

From your logic, Serena won the second most sets in Wimbledon this year

Barry 2019-07-13 22:46:06 

In reply to Prako

At last somebody gets my logic. Thanks brother surprised
Give thanks

Devin 2019-07-13 22:47:00 

In reply to Prako

I was asked what Sachin won. He won the 2011 World Cup. He was the 2nd leading run scorer for the tournament. That means he played a big role, if not a huge one, in India's success at that World Cup.

The sky is blue, 2+2 = 4, apples are not oranges, a 6-pack of beer has 6 beers in it, the "S" on Superman's chest stands for Superman.

Anything else i can clear up for you?

Devin 2019-07-13 22:56:07 

Btw people, i don't give a rats ass about women's sports and I do not believe that they deserve equal pay. So not only am I a racist, I'm also a sexist misogynistic pig.

I also believe that professional athletes in sports such as baseball, basketball, and Football, are grossly overpaid. The first two in particular. Golfers make an absurd amount of money as well. They don't deserve it. Golf is not a sport, btw, and that's coming from someone who likes/loves golf.

black 2019-07-13 22:57:51 

In reply to Devin

Go listen to Halep's post match press conference. She said it is so difficult to beat Serena because she is big, strong, and intimidating

Do you know that Venus has a bigger serve than Serena?

How come she is not more dominant?

And, did you know that Hingis was more than a match for Venus and Serena early in their careers?

Those Stereotypes (overpowering Black woman) did apply back then?

black 2019-07-13 23:09:26 

In reply to Devin

I also believe that professional athletes in sports such as baseball, basketball, and Football, are grossly overpaid. The first two in particular. Golfers make an absurd amount of money as well. They don't deserve it. Golf is not a sport, btw, and that's coming from someone who likes/loves golf

They are not overpaid, players like Michael Jordan and Larry Bird generated millions for their teams.

Why shouldn't they get a big piece of the pie?

Devin 2019-07-13 23:18:25 

In reply to black

Many of them are being paid $10 million to sit on the bench all year and occasionally play a few minutes.

Devin 2019-07-13 23:20:21 

In reply to black

Serena hits the ball harder off the ground on both wings, and while Venus may have the ability to serve faster or harder than Serena in spots, she cannot do it consistently.

Devin 2019-07-13 23:25:12 

Hingis was able to win early on because Serena was a child and her Hulk-like muscles were only beginning to develop.

Her arms are literally 5x bigger now than they were early on in her career.

Barry 2019-07-13 23:26:30 

Brothers, be careful of this less than a man monstrosity...he is indulging in meaningless stereotypes like you are physical- has he ever seen Halep’ hand muscles up close or Navratilova man like body? He is choosing to claim that you are brawn and by implication others are brains ... do not indulge the wicked... confused

Barry 2019-07-13 23:28:45 

Link Text
By brothers how is this young girl less physical than Serena... you allowed this man to spew lies.... confused

Barry 2019-07-13 23:30:51 

Bigger and stronger my eye... big bone...
Link Text

Devin 2019-07-13 23:41:29 

Link Text

Link Text

Link Text

Serena is 5 "9"
Halep is 5 "6"

black 2019-07-13 23:51:21 

In reply to Devin

Many of them are being paid $10 million to sit on the bench all year and occasionally play a few minutes

Back-up players are in demand too, if teams don't take care of them, other teams will snatch them up.

black 2019-07-13 23:53:53 

In reply to Devin

Serena is 5 "9" 
Halep is 5 "6

What is the point of all this?

If players are looking for even match-ups, they are in the wrong business.

Barry 2019-07-14 00:03:44 

3 inches gives her an advantage? Since the French open she trains on the beach... a beautiful white physical specimen...
sad

Barry 2019-07-14 00:05:14 

In reply to black

I give up- he wants to force his stereotypes on us- justify himself while committing sin... sad

Devin 2019-07-14 00:08:40 

The pictures i posted show how much bigger Serena is, and that she's far more muscular.

Barry 2019-07-14 00:10:50 

In reply to Devin

I thought you don’t care about women’s tennis lol lol lol

Barry 2019-07-14 00:13:32 

In reply to Devin

I follow women’s tennis so I know her physical structure as opposed to size- resting and active....you on the other hand only like men tennis- stay there.. big grin

Devin 2019-07-14 00:16:17 

In reply to Barry

I have watched enough women's tennis in time. Saw a lot of Graf, Seles, Martina, Justine Henin, Hingis.

Anyway, here is a lovely Serena + Roger video that was on my YouTube feed.

Link Text

black 2019-07-14 00:16:55 

In reply to Devin

Hingis was able to win early on because Serena was a child and her Hulk-like muscles were only beginning to develop

Hingis born 1980

Venus born 1980

Devin 2019-07-14 00:18:10 

In reply to Barry

Awwww. You have sad face emoji, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings. Please go back to telling me about what a fat pig Sachin is, and what not.

Devin 2019-07-14 00:19:53 

In reply to black

Man, you really are stupid. First of all, I said Serena, not Venus. Second of all, Hingis at 15 and Hingis at 21 was essentially the same person, physically.

She didn't get any bigger or stronger.

black 2019-07-14 00:26:30 

In reply to Devin

My qoute

And, did you know that Hingis was more than a match for Venus and Serena early in their careers?

Well, you are either stupid or very selective.

Serena is less than 2 years younger.

ray 2019-07-14 00:31:26 

In reply to Courtesy

you should be the last one calling anyone racist...and I aint want hear bout yuh Indo wife...you exhibit your racist ways daily

Devin 2019-07-14 00:34:29 

In reply to Trinidave

Serena's serve is the most beautiful thing ever in the women's game.

LMFAO. I bet you think her serve and game are more beautiful than Steffi Graf's, right?

You once told me that Sampras beat Federer in an exhibition when we were debating Fed vs Pete. You lost all credibility after that. I didn't even bother to respond.

Chrissy 2019-07-14 00:35:32 

In reply to Devin

Break them down the way you like to break down the men

Devin 2019-07-14 00:36:00 

In reply to black

Man shut the fu#k up you fu#king idiot. Go and look at Serena as a teenager compared to what she looked like when she developed. You fu#king irritant.

black 2019-07-14 00:40:26 

In reply to Devin

So who's fcuking fault is that idiot?

It's not Serena's fault that she takes her game and physical conditioning seriously.

Man, haul yuh racist skunt.

Devin 2019-07-14 00:44:42 

In reply to black

You're right, Serena is more muscular because she lifts more weights and she cares more about physical training than every single women's tennis player during her time.

Aren't you usually in school at this time of the year?

Khaga 2019-07-14 00:48:54 

If you guys laugh at Kohli any time he or his team fails, I will laugh at your favorites..

If you call me racist, you guys are far worse..Shut your hypocritical rassholes!

black 2019-07-14 00:51:03 

In reply to Devin

You're right, Serena is more muscular because she lifts more weights and she cares more about physical training than every single women's tennis player during her time

Why you keep harping on the muscular thing, can't you see her dedication on the court?

Serena is a champion because she refuses to lose.

I'm going to leave the school thing alone, it's usually a sign of someone losing an argument. lol

Barry 2019-07-14 01:18:02 

In reply to Devin
He is a fat pig- you can’t tell emotions on a message board- I am in control
big grin

Chrissy 2019-07-14 01:37:13 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Yuh see it - sleight of hand on steroids

JahJah 2019-07-14 02:58:16 

What is the muscular talk about? What is the point?

Any woman with muscles will rule tennis? Damn the skill?

Khaga 2019-07-14 03:06:57 

In reply to nick2020

I can't help with your selective tribal interpretation of my comments.

hotarobin 2019-07-14 03:36:15 

In reply to Khaga

All black people? I think the context is about the hypocrites on here,no?
Really?

What the hell is that??

Trinidave 2019-07-14 03:38:43 

In reply to JahJah

What is the muscular talk about? What is the point?

Any woman with muscles will rule tennis? Damn the skill?

Trinidave was just about tuh ask dis question. The racist Devin keeps mentioning Serena's muscles, as though tennis is a game of muscles, and anyone with muscles can beat someone who is not as muscular.

Bruh. Dis is de same racist tropes dat dey used to describe African athletes for centuries.

Khaga 2019-07-14 03:42:20 

In reply to hotarobin

Devin was clearly speaking about the MB..

hotarobin 2019-07-14 03:44:02 

In reply to Khaga

If you guys laugh at Kohli any time he or his team fails, I will laugh at your favorites..

If you call me racist, you guys are far worse..Shut your hypocritical rassholes
serious question why are you on this forum? You don't seem to like anything that "blacks" stand for. I could be wrong but something seems to be there...I am genuinely curious...

hotarobin 2019-07-14 03:48:30 

In reply to Khaga

But is it fair to paint all black people on this MB into one category? Do you actually realize that you are guilty of the same thing you are accusing people of if you say stuff like that?

Khaga 2019-07-14 04:00:39 

In reply to hotarobin

I have my own fun..Do I owe you an explanation for my existence?

Khaga 2019-07-14 04:14:12 

In reply to hotarobin

Show me all your posts on Margaret Court,Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf on this MB and I will accept that not all black people of the MB can be lumped..

Barry 2019-07-14 04:32:58 

In reply to Khaga

Wow you are lost and wounded... which modern fan talks about Margaret Court? rolleyes lol

Barry 2019-07-14 04:34:50 

In reply to hotarobin

He is here to sow his racist oats... sad really because I sense goodness in him... sad

Khaga 2019-07-14 04:43:52 

In reply to Barry

which modern fan talks about Margaret Court?

The same ones who talk about Headley,Owens and Pele?

hotarobin 2019-07-14 07:14:06 

In reply to Khaga
racist
—noun
a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

You are making more and more sense with every passing sentence. I hope you and Devin do some introspection based on the posts I saw today but I appreciate that you have expressed your heart and let it out...nothing further your honor...

JahJah 2019-07-14 09:54:04 

Margaret Court...Pele...Owens...Headley.

lol

Never mind that this is a cricket board thus explaining Headley, Owens' historical significance in the face of Hitler and White supremacy need not be explained...or maybe it should to Suryass.

Pele captured the imagination of a sport and then transcended it. Hollywood brought him over to star with Sylvester Stallone and Max Von Sydow in a film. He was coveted world wide where people flocked to see him play in minor leagues and matches in place in Lebanon, long after retired from international play.

Barry 2019-07-14 10:26:51 

In reply to Khaga

Pele? Brother you go to far- everyone loves Pele.... we can’t talk about Pele either? Wait, they can’t talk about anybody who looks like them- great or not- so it’s about them here- that’s sick confused

black 2019-07-14 10:48:29 

In reply to Khaga

Show me all your posts on Margaret Court,Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf on this MB and I will accept that not all black people of the MB can be lumped.

There have been lots of discussion here on Graf and Navratilova. As far as Court is concerned, because she played so long ago, it's likely that her opponents were not of the same caliber as today's players.

And like I said before, Serena being GOAT is not an opinion shared only by Black people.

JahJah 2019-07-14 10:50:04 

In reply to black

Court has 11 titles in the Open era by the way.

VIX 2019-07-15 13:44:31 

In reply to Devin

In reply to black

Man shut the fu#k up you fu#king idiot. Go and look at Serena as a teenager compared to what she looked like when she developed. You fu#king irritant.

why are folks here so mean to inventor black?
sad

black 2019-07-15 13:49:06 

In reply to VIX

Dude, I don't need your help, I'm perfectly capable of defending myself.

You're so fcuking gay, I made one post in 2 weeks and you had to bump nick's anti-black's post back to the top.

Tryangle 2019-07-15 13:59:13 

In reply to Barry

sad really because I sense goodness in him

Wish I felt the same. Unfortunately some get off on trolling.