The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

I picked New Zealand to win the World Cup

Chrissy 2019-07-14 22:25:57 

Nuff peeps laughed.
In reality Boult's serious boundary error cost the match -or did it? Both teams had the same score at the end of 100 overs. Both teams had the same score after the super over.
Deciding a winner based on who had more fours is beyond arbitrary - how are fours more important than other runs?
Who made up that stupid rule?

The saddest part is that a New Zealander scored the runs for England and West Indian bowled their super over. So now go and Brexit pommies.

OK it was exciting as ever but it was a tie.

Khaga 2019-07-14 22:38:02 

In reply to Chrissy

Excellent summary. Your pick decided the winner.

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-07-14 22:39:54 

In reply to Chrissy

England won

NineMiles 2019-07-14 22:40:36 

In reply to Chrissy

Repeat after me: ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS! razz lol lol

jen 2019-07-14 22:43:56 

In reply to Chrissy

Not to mention, the deflection off stokes bat that went for 4, that reduced the game to 3 runs from 2 balls, instead of 7 runs from 2 balls.

Destiny had England pegged to win. Ross Taylor ball was always too high. Everything went against New Zealand, luck and rules!

tops 2019-07-14 22:47:25 

In reply to jen
I agree with U bro... big grin

Chrissy 2019-07-14 22:48:56 

In reply to NineMiles
From Twitter

Keith Burge
@carryonkeith
Well done to the England Cricket team:
- Captained by an immigrant
- Batting led by an immigrant
- Fastest bowler an immigrant
- Leading all-rounder an immigrant
- Main spinner son of an immigrant.

Similar examples to be found in the NHS, our education system, top businesses.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah fi Brexit.

Chrissy 2019-07-14 22:50:03 

In reply to jen

Yep - still pissed.

tops 2019-07-14 22:51:12 

In reply to NineMiles

Repeat after me: ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

That's a classy statement breds. U didn't jump up and brag and seh
"England win... Tek a bow... smile smile big grin

RonaldM 2019-07-14 22:53:29 

Rules are important Chrissy. Maybe you can petition ICC, but in odi boundaries matter. Besides in the tournament England may have made runs...I am thinking of the huge total against Afghanistan.

Chrissy 2019-07-14 22:57:01 

In reply to RonaldM

ODI boundaries cannot matter any more than any other runs when the scores are tied after 100 overs and there is still a tie after the super over.

NineMiles 2019-07-14 23:01:04 

In reply to Chrissy

Yeah, that's what makes Great Britain Great.

Even if Brexit happens, and I hope it doesn't, Britain will still be home to a vast number of people from all around the world - a real melting pot if there ever was one.

Now repeat after me: ENGLAND ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!! razz lol lol

Trinidave 2019-07-14 23:06:22 

The boundary rule is arbitrary.

doosra 2019-07-14 23:07:42 

santner ducked the last ball

truth is England had all the luck today

it was destiny big grin

voiceofreason 2019-07-14 23:25:14 

In reply to NineMiles

England are World Immigrant Champions! smile

gvenkat 2019-07-14 23:40:33 

In reply to Chrissy

Rules were made well before the tournament started. All teams signed off on this. If someone saw this as an issue they should have raised it then and there.

is this fair on NZL? No. If ever there was a case for joint winners today was the day. The boundary breakers was a tie-breaker if the tie-breakers ends in a tie. So hard to foresee this scenario.

At the end of the day, Luck and rules slighlty worked in favor of england and that was that. Both teams did not deserve to lose today, But they had to award the trophy to someone and they determined a way to do that. Simple.

Trinidave 2019-07-14 23:44:25 

In reply to voiceofreason

Trinidave was very impressed by the Ten and Traitor's play throughout. Impressive unit.

goofballs 2019-07-14 23:50:54 

In reply to Chrissy

Chrissy’s proclamation was what made the tie breaker go to England.

Once again, she comes through in a tight one. smile

Great game!

gvenkat 2019-07-14 23:53:16 

In reply to goofballs

Chrissy is just whining. Cry baby attitude. lol

Maispwi 2019-07-15 00:02:34 

In reply to Chrissy

White ball cricket is skewed in favour of batting which is why the rule involving wickets lost was scapped some time ago. Its sad though dat 50 over cricket had to borrow from its T20 cousin to decide a game.

I have always felt that balls thrown in from the field dat hit the batsman or his equipment should be ruled dead but cricket has it fair share of strange laws and regulations like de one de WI U19 captain used

Chrissy 2019-07-15 00:12:59 

In reply to Maispwi

Good post bro

Chrissy 2019-07-15 01:04:26 

In reply to Trinidave

As my brethren just said NZ had 241/8 and di Pommies were bowled out for 241.
That should have been the deciding factor after the Super Over.

What a stupid arbitrary rule.

WIForever 2019-07-15 01:11:11 

In reply to Chrissy

Yep

Verstehen 2019-07-15 03:19:29 

In reply to Chrissy

Agree with all you said.

But where I differ is that England deserved more to win the cup basis their performance in the last few years and this series overall, NZ deserved to win that final game.

Cricket is a forking maddening game and yet we can't leave it.

jelfew 2019-07-15 03:23:27 

It was inevitable. Chrissy and VOR picked NZ to win.
sad sad sad

jcveletta 2019-07-15 03:56:12 

In reply to Chrissy

From my premise, NZ won the WC.

NineMiles 2019-07-15 07:21:14 

I see nuff crybabies still bawling their eyes out.

The rules were known by the teams before the commencement of the tournament and England won it fairly based on said rules.

This could easily have gone the other way and I bet none of you idiots would have butt an eyelid. You would have been happy if NZ won it on the same rules.

England are World Cricket Champions.

Oh and Fork you all bloody hypocrites!!

Bwahahahahahah.............!

razz razz lol lol

Chrissy 2019-07-15 08:49:05 

In reply to NineMiles

You know better - this was as bad as South Africa needing 21 from one some years back. THe rule is arbitrary - it makes no sense.

NineMiles 2019-07-15 09:58:41 

In reply to Chrissy

Get over it Chrissy, even the Kiwis themselves have accepted the result.

Get over it! razz

Emir 2019-07-15 10:39:09 

In reply to Chrissy

I hear you loud and clear. When I took off my tv, I was under the impression that Eng won by one run in the super over based on what the commies said. The boundary rule was stupid, but given had won they preliminary round was probably a better tie breaker.

An England victory is perhaps best for cricket- the game is in serous decline in England- I suspect the reason is whites see too many "Asians" liking and playing the sports, but perhaps this WC victory will attract young new fans.

The victory is also good for England as a multi racial, multi ethnic, multi religious nation- it is a dagger in the souls of the radical white nationalists and other racists that want to ignore Britain's history.

NineMiles 2019-07-15 11:19:52 

In reply to Emir

An England victory is perhaps best for cricket- the game is in serous decline in England- I suspect the reason is whites see too many "Asians" liking and playing the sports, but perhaps this WC victory will attract young new fans.

No, that's not the reason. But I'm not surprised you think that way. You and Mikey are known to see things through racist eyes and that's because you both think like the racists!

The game is relatively in decline because it isn't accessible to most of the population to watch as it is only available on subscription TV in the UK.

Sky allowed the final to be screened on free to air TV and hopefully this will be a lesson to the cricketing authorities to develop the game and not only chase the ££££s

Trinidave 2019-07-15 15:17:38 

In reply to Chrissy

You know better - this was as bad as South Africa needing 21 from one some years back. THe rule is arbitrary - it makes no sense.

The rule is arbitrary. TriniD agrees. But it was de rule going intuh de final, and it was not put in after de final run was scored in de 50th over.

NZ had to score 16 to win.

Penalty kicks in football is also arbitrary, because it has nothing to do wid de flow of play or who created more chances in regulation. It is totally arbitrary. Dat's de nature of sports when you have ties.

Tough luck NZ. NZ played brilliantly defending those low totals throughout.

Gotta accept dat England (Ten and Traitor) was also very impressive.

RonaldM 2019-07-15 17:52:08 

In reply to Chrissy

I guess they want a tiebreaker, and that is what they determined back in the day. Look I see your point, but the game can’t go on undetermined, boundaries what they used. I would have ruled the least number of wickets lost to break the tied score, but alas rules called for a super over. All teams are aware of these rules. Kudos to Ben Stokes.

jacksprat 2019-07-15 21:12:47 

In reply to Chrissy

Hillary Clinton got nearly 3 millions more votes than the Orange Vulgarian yet he is president. I disagreed with the outcome but, until they change the rules, we just have to suck it up and abide by them.There was nothing arbitrary about them,

Those are the breaks - every team played by the same rules of which, I am sure, everyone was aware prior to the start of the tournament some 7 weeks ago.