The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Marnus Labuschagne

Real-cricket 2019-08-19 06:08:10 

First-class average of 37.46

Which one of our batsmen have such a first-class average?

Beamer 2019-08-19 07:53:37 

In reply to Real-cricket

Pollard
Shai Hope
Kraigg
Darren Bravo
Roston Chase
Shane Dowrich

All average that or more in FC cricket, especially if you remove their test scores. Though I agree that more of our youngsters need to average closer to 40.

Our test hopefuls all average underneath that:

King - 35
Carty - 27
Ambris - 33
Hamilton - 27
Carter - 31
Solozano 23
Hodge - 29
Brooks - 33
Blackwood - 31

Narper 2019-08-19 15:24:42 

In reply to Real-cricket

He will go down in history the first replacement cricketer in international cricket

Larr Pullo 2019-08-19 15:34:23 

Almost went down as the replacement who needed a replacement... twisted twisted

natty_forever 2019-08-19 16:34:20 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol

Narper 2019-08-19 16:35:50 

"You're damn right, I know where I am! I'm in Madison Square Garden getting the s*** kicked out of me!" As he faced a concussion test after being struck second ball by Jofra Archer at Lord's, Marnus Labuschagne came close to echoing the words of the former light heavyweight boxing champion Willie Pastrano when a doctor asked him if he knew where he was in the middle of a fight.

The way Labuschagne bounced immediately back up from the blow, punching his gloves together as Archer checked on him, was an unwitting prelude to the main act: a highly organised, brave, and alert 59 that ensured Australia's safety from defeat. But facing the same process that had ended in ruling Steven Smith out of the Test - meaning Labuschagne became the first concussion substitute in Test cricket - he was just hoping to get on with things.

"You kind of just want to stay calm and make sure you answer his questions properly," Labuschagne said. "I was like, 'I know where I am; I'm good, I'm good, just get off the field', but there's a process now. There is no way I wanted to get off the field. I wanted to stay in the contest. Getting to play at Lord's is a pretty great experience.

"In my case, I was lucky enough. I was feeling fine - I just jumped the gun a bit on the questions. I was like, 'Look, I know where I am; I know what Test it is; I'm on zero, and it was a fast bouncer'. You just want to make sure you're ready, that you listen to and follow their instructions - [that] is the key. Ninety-eight percent of the time they're going to make great decisions and, if you have to come off, it's obviously because you're not all right."

He did well

natty_forever 2019-08-19 16:36:57 

In reply to Real-cricket and Beamer

How many have that average after 50 FC matches?

Courtesy 2019-08-19 16:58:30 

How many of those PCL failures continue to remain on social welfare? CWI's finances are limited yet they continue to throw money down a bottomless pit. PCL player salaries constitute a huge portion of the spend and there is little value for money.

Would they run their private organizations like this? This system has no accountability build into it...no appraisal system...targets are not being met yet contract holders are rewarded.

This is a failed system and it will continue to fail unless there is accountability at all levels and a focus on meeting strategic imperatives.

The first but important step is to roll out performance indicators for every recipient of PCL contracts.

Dukes 2019-08-19 17:08:30 

In reply to Real-cricket

Bravo 36.44

Real-cricket 2019-08-19 21:20:25 

In reply to Beamer

Pollard
Shai Hope
Kraigg
Darren Bravo
Roston Chase
Shane Dowrich

So you see how small the pool is. Most of the A team players are so poor. how will we build a test team if our fringe players can't average 35 in FC cricket? Heaven help us

Real-cricket 2019-08-19 21:28:23 

In reply to Dukes

21 year old Pant after 32 matches is 53.04 big grin

Beamer 2019-08-19 21:30:26 

In reply to natty_forever

Hope, Chase, Bravo, Kraigg. That's it I think.

Real-cricket 2019-08-19 21:41:27 

In reply to Beamer

Pollard

che 2019-08-19 23:44:22 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol