The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Canada off to the races: Election Day Oct. 21st.

Casper 2019-09-11 15:52:03 

Will Justin Trudeau be given a second term?

Canada certainly doesn’t want a mini-Trump nor racist, anti-immigrant policies North, but a balanced, Centre-left and progressive move forward.

sgtdjones 2019-09-11 16:46:44 

In reply to Casper

Trudeau ...minority Government

SnoopDog 2019-09-11 16:52:22 

In reply to Casper

Canada certainly doesn’t want a mini-Trump nor racist, anti-immigrant policies North, but a balanced, Centre-left and progressive move forward.

We already have Dufus Dougie as our Premier.

Former hash dealer and high school drop-out and now the leader of the richest province in the country. Lucifer help us if that beady eye dipshit Andrew Scheer is elected and gets a majority government.

My only hope is that Maxime Bernier will siphon a shit ton of the right wing votes away from the Regressive Conservatives and allow either a Liberal minority or majority government.

openning 2019-09-11 17:50:33 

Justin will not get my vote.
I've voted every election for the liberal, sadly I must change

SnoopDog 2019-09-11 18:09:03 

In reply to openning

Justin will not get my vote.
I've voted every election for the liberal, sadly I my change

Congratulations on buying into the right wing propaganda machine.

openning 2019-09-11 18:18:27 

In reply to SnoopDog

Move west and you will find out, this party is not working for us in the west.
I supported his father with the National Energy policy, even though it was not good for Alberta

Ninetenjack 2019-09-11 19:05:20 

The NDP is so weak now that the Liberals may capitalize and pull enough of their vote for a majority. Especially if they do what they did last time which is make their election platform so far left that it effectively steals their (NDP) thunder.

SnoopDog 2019-09-11 20:35:54 

In reply to openning

Move west and you will find out, this party is not working for us in the west.

And what are the provincial right wingers doing for you and all the working class people out West?

Sweet fcuk all. But you keep lapping up that right wing cool aid.

Those red neck right wingers like Kenny have made Trudeau's attempts to help people out in the prairie provinces almost impossible.

SnoopDog 2019-09-11 20:41:08 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Ontarians are seeing for themselves that Conservative governments don't give a rats ass about working class people. It's all about pandering to big business and corporate welfare.

The Liberals should win Ontario, Quebec, and BC. They won't win Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. The maritime provinces could go either way.

openning 2019-09-11 21:57:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

Are you voting Liberal because of Justine's policies?
My city has the highest unemployment in the country, our major industry which has been benefitting the rest of Canada, is getting very little assistance from Ottawa.
Our Heritage funds that has been helping Albertans through these lean periods is being depleted.
I remember the time, when Albertan was saying, "Let Them Eastern bastards freeze to death", to which the premier at the time, Peter Lougheed reminded us, The Eastern bastards are our friends.
Ottawa is for the east, whether it was Liberal or conservative, all they do is take our oil and gas money.
Obama did not help also, with not allowing the Pipeline, not we have the rednecks in BC, doing the same with he Western Pipeline.
Where is the Leadership in the country?

Kay 2019-09-11 23:31:28 

Liberals it is and not because people so love Justin and his policies. They will vote Liberal just to keep Sheer far away from Colline du Parlement …..

JahJah 2019-09-12 02:48:30 

In reply to openning

Are you voting Liberal because of Justine's policies?

Justine? Sounds like your right wing buddies injected you indeed.

Darkness 2019-09-12 04:20:52 

Its the economy stupid.

The country is doing great economically. Southern Ontario the fastest growing hightech area in north america.

cannot find enough high tech engineers in the country - jobs with an entry level salary of 70K

over half million jobs that cannot be filled.

Liberals focus on the knowledge economy has created many jobs and is setting us up well for the future - we need to go away from predominantly a natural resource based economy.

Liberals has a great plan for transportation. Construction of High speed rail was supposed to start from London to Ottawa, however, the fat blob oil industry owned Con scrapped it. The Cons do not want HSR in this country, they just want gas guzzlers.

For all his warts - Justin Trudeau and the Liberals are the best choice.

Libs will win

Ninetenjack 2019-09-12 10:23:15 

In reply to SnoopDog

Ontarians are seeing for themselves that Conservative governments don't give a rats ass about working class people. It's all about pandering to big business and corporate welfare.

They all do it, it was the Liberals that gave corporate welfare and were prepared to go further with SNC Lavalin.

Hellraiser 2019-09-12 13:05:05 

In reply to Ninetenjack

it was the Liberals that gave corporate welfare

I man gats a bone to pick with dat statement.

The greatest corporate bailout in Canadian history was in 2008-2010 and was presided over by Stephen Harper and the Cons. Unless Stephen Harper was a Liberal mole.

................and in my humble opinion- The SNC Lavalin intervention was a social responsibility. Andrew Sheer is relentless in his attack of Trudeau but stops short of saying how he would have handled the SNC issue.

Ewart 2019-09-12 14:50:16 

In reply to Hellraiser

Andrew Sheer is relentless in his attack of Trudeau but stops short of saying how he would have handled the SNC issue.

.....or anything else, for that matter.

//

carl0002 2019-09-12 14:58:57 

In reply to SnoopDog
Liberal it is. I cant see myself voting conservative. The last time they were in power they had every working class citizen in literal fear-unless you were out west. No way.

Ninetenjack 2019-09-12 14:59:32 

In reply to Hellraiser

................and in my humble opinion- The SNC Lavalin intervention was a social responsibility. Andrew Sheer is relentless in his attack of Trudeau but stops short of saying how he would have handled the SNC issue.

Wow....."was a social responsibility", how? I have a right to break the law because SNC Lavalin is in Quebec and I need Quebec to win?

Ninetenjack 2019-09-12 15:00:43 

In reply to Hellraiser

The greatest corporate bailout in Canadian history was in 2008-2010 and was presided over by Stephen Harper and the Cons. Unless Stephen Harper was a Liberal mole.

Hence the reason I said they all do it....and they all claim its to protect jobs....

carl0002 2019-09-12 15:03:51 

In reply to Ninetenjack
How did the liberals bailout SNC-Lavalin or are you reffering to the liberals purchasing the Trans Mountain pipeline?

Ninetenjack 2019-09-12 15:08:37 

In reply to carl0002

How did the liberals bailout SNC-Lavalin
or are you reffering to the liberals purchasing the Trans Mountain pipeline?

Where did I say that? I said were prepared to go further..... rolleyes i.e. breaking the law

defeyeant 2019-09-12 15:09:16 

So nobody aint rating the NDP? I thought we were showing how not racist Canadians are and superior to dem south of the border by having a visible minority running a major federal party. Now the man ratings now lower than the Green party? Canadians talk a good game but when it comes to actual support for a fella....

Tryangle 2019-09-12 15:10:28 

In reply to openning

Any steam behind an Alberta independence movement? I know a couple of guys in Alberta that seem to really want to break away

Hellraiser 2019-09-12 15:41:33 

In reply to Ewart

.....or anything else, for that matter.

Correct!

Much like Doofus Ford- No platform. Won elections. Claim he was given a mandate and then proceeded to mash up everything specifically to hurt the most vulnerable citizens of Ontario. And with all the cuts to health care, education, legal aid, etc, ends up increasing the deficit. Doofus went so far as to circumvent/override an Ontario Superior Court decision claiming the judge was not elected, he (Doofus) was.

Hellraiser 2019-09-12 16:02:03 

In reply to Ninetenjack

I have a right to break the law because SNC Lavalin is in Quebec and I need Quebec to win?

There is no conclusive evidence that any law was broken by the Prime Minister in the SNC affair. The actions of the Prime Minister in firing Jody Wilson-Raybould are protected by Crown prerogative. The same Crown prerogative that shielded Stephen Harper in 2012.

“Crown privilege is an important principle of our legal system and it cannot be displaced or attacked collaterally by way of allegations of tortious conduct,” read a decision. Another point in Trudeau’s favour is that he never explicitly told Wilson-Raybould “block a prosecution or you’re fired.” Rather, he could say he was merely counselling a member of his caucus.

did Trudeau break the law?

You see it as Trudeau breaking the law ( which at this point has not been proven), I see it as saving Canadian Jobs.

Ninetenjack 2019-09-12 16:48:25 

In reply to Hellraiser

You see it as Trudeau breaking the law ( which at this point has not been proven), I see it as saving Canadian Jobs.

You guys jokey bad.....lets look at the trail of events:

- 2001 - SNC is facing bribery and fraud charges related to alleged payments of close to $50 million to public officials in Libya between 2001 and 2011 to secure government contracts. The company is due back in court Sept. 20.
- Feb. 19, 2015 – The RCMP lays corruption and fraud charges against Montreal-based engineering and construction firm SNC-Lavalin, over allegations it used bribery to get government business in Libya.
- Sept/2018 - Liberals pass into law a DPA. DPA is an agreement entered into between a prosecutor and a company alleged to have engaged in economic crimes. The effect of the DPA is to suspend the outstanding prosecution while simultaneously establishing specified undertakings that the organization must fulfill in order to avoid facing the potential criminal charges.
- Jan. 14, 2019 – Trudeau shuffles his cabinet after the resignation of Treasury Board president Scott Brison. Wilson-Raybould is moved from Justice to Veterans Affairs, widely seen as a demotion. David Lametti, a Montreal MP and former law professor, becomes justice minister. Wilson-Raybould posts a long letter outlining her record as justice minister and noting a great deal of work remains to be done toward reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples.
- Feb. 7, 2019 – Citing unnamed sources, the Globe and Mail reports that Trudeau’s aides attempted to press Wilson-Raybould, while attorney general, to intervene in the prosecution of SNC-Lavalin, and that exasperation with her lack of co-operation was one reason for shuffling her out of the justice portfolio. Trudeau denies any impropriety. Wilson-Raybould says solicitor-client privilege prevents her from speaking about dealings she had on the case while attorney general.
- Aug. 14, 2019 – Ethics commissioner Mario Dion releases his 60-page report into whether conflict-of-interest rules were broken in the SNC-Lavalin case.
“The authority of the prime minister and his office was used to circumvent, undermine and ultimately attempt to discredit the decision of the director of public prosecutions as well as the authority of Ms. Wilson‑Raybould as the Crown’s chief law officer,” he found.

openning 2019-09-12 19:12:58 

In reply to Darkness

The country is doing great economically. Southern Ontario the fastest growing hightech area in north america.

Travel west bro, you will see another Canada.

carl0002 2019-09-12 20:33:52 

In reply to defeyeant
NDP don't have a clue.

carl0002 2019-09-12 20:40:44 

In reply to Ninetenjack
If I could- I wish some would, write up the last PC manifesto and scare the living daylights outa you. Then for pure cruelty we add Andrew Scheer's current platform and watch you cringe in terror.

big grin big grin

Narper 2019-09-12 22:38:12 

In reply to Casper

Will Justin Trudeau be given a second term?

I don't like how he is hiding from the debate tonite