Carlos going going.........GONE

Jumpstart 2019-10-15 19:33:51 

former T20I captain Carlos Brathwaite..............didn't make the cut

Str8_Drive 2019-10-15 19:37:36 

In reply to Jumpstart

Gone ,,,, but dont forget the name !

Jumpstart 2019-10-15 19:44:15 

In reply to Str8_Drive

they should not have dropped oshane.......he and alzarri are the two quickest pacers we have......was a bad idea. And he hasn't been historically mediocre like brathwaite and nurse. The Last match of the england series earned him the MOM

mikelegend 2019-10-15 20:09:38 

In reply to Jumpstart

I have a feeling Oshane will come back very well.

Realsteel 2019-10-15 20:35:31 

Think Oshane is injured

Jumpstart 2019-10-15 21:10:05 

In reply to Realsteel

Ok cool

Jumpstart 2019-10-15 21:12:36 

In reply to mikelegend

Oshane has to come back well. He to me at least was one of the finds of last years CPL. In QPO last year, oshane's name was literally on everybody's lips before and even though he had an indifferent match, his pace was exceptional

Logic 2019-10-15 22:51:59 

No surprise with Pollard and Holder in team but we should also remember the name for the World Cup century made just the other day that almost kept our tournament alive.

Emir 2019-10-15 23:36:48 

Guys
This is only one short series, lots of players have niggles and injuries.

For the 20/20 WC next year, you'll see:

Narine
Dwayne
Russell
Oshane

In the squad.

I must say the only surprise for me is Hety in all three squad and I would really like to understand the logic form the selectors.

Jumpstart 2019-10-15 23:38:43 

In reply to Logic

It was a brilliant innings no doubt. I said on this thread that Carlos could not be blamed for the defeat. Hety and Holder and Pooran gave their wickets away. But that's the thing. If Brathwaite had scored some of those runs earlier instead of being the team's unofficial spokesman, we might have reached the knockouts.........e.g against Australia where we only needed a few runs to win and Brathwaite not only took up deliveries but made precious little. And NZ had a better attack than Australia. Which is where I believe our tournament went down from. He performs every seven innings and only after justified criticism. It's like Samuels. Who tries to take credit for the two Wt20 wins. Yes he made the bulk of the runs in the finals but he was virtually a passenger for the rest of the tournament. Now imagine if every player decided they were going to perform only when criticized.

Logic 2019-10-15 23:45:16 

In reply to Jumpstart
Fair point but every team needs big game players. For example, you can put good money on it that when things hot the likes of Chris Gayle and Lendl Simmons seem to melt and a Samuels comes alive

dayne 2019-10-16 01:06:26 

Well the squad cannot include Pollard, Holder and Carlos, they are similar type players, but the teams have a good balance to them. I do not agree with the return of Ramdin, but good luck to him,

Jumpstart 2019-10-16 01:58:47 

In reply to Logic

Yeah but big game players are not a special skill set. You don't pick a player with the hope that he'll step up in an important match like a final. You pick them because you expect them to be relatively consistent.

tc1 2019-10-16 01:58:51 

In reply to Jumpstart

Or Bravo

Jumpstart 2019-10-16 02:06:27 

In reply to Logic

I mean you look at Brathwaite's stats now and there is no team outside of SKN patriots that will pick him. A batting avg of 19 and a bowling avg of 45. By the way Brathwaite could have been a good pacer if it wasn't for poor coaching. A man 6'5 should never be bowling at 70/75 mph.He already bowls good line and length.As I said, we continue to have the raw materials to make truly great cricketers but the standard of coaching in the region is woefully

jen 2019-10-16 03:14:45 

In reply to Jumpstart

Brathwaite was never this slow. I really don't know how it went down hill for him. He use to move the ball off the seam. I feel he was always a better proper batsman than hit out the park batsman. Obviously, T20 is where the money is.

Also, Oshane has been horrible in last 10+ games inclusive of CPL & International. Injured or not, he had to take a breather. Go back to first class and comeback stronger. It's not the end of the road.

Scar 2019-10-16 04:48:22 

Apart from Oshane we need Obed and Odean to both develop strongly

Jumpstart 2019-10-16 11:25:19 

In reply to jen
Carlos was always that slow.......at least in international cricket. He was just as slow when he came in in the Bangladesh t20s under sammy. So Oshane had a bad CPL and a bad World Cup. He was MOM in the first match vs Pakistan. And he was the MOM vs England in the final ODI. Carlos as I said prior to the CWC averaged 19 with the bat and 45 with the ball. Oshane didn't deserve to be dropped. What did Rutherford do this year to earn a t20 call up

WIForever 2019-10-16 14:26:26 

I found it difficult to understand how he could make the Barbados team.

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-10-16 14:44:51 

In reply to Jumpstart

Carlos suffered a serious injury in the 1st cpl season or maybe it was in wit20. It kept him out of cricket for a while. His pace was never the same. Also Carlos is a good batsman who has been forced into a hit or miss swiper batting at 9. You can't get good batting stats at 9.

conman 2019-10-16 14:53:29 

In reply to jen

And fine tune his action, that run up still looks choppy

Jumpstart 2019-10-16 15:08:02 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

i remember. That was the 2012 Ct20 where barbados knocked over every team for under 100. Until they encountered the red force and were subsequently bowled out for 90. Tino did behave particularly badly for that match. As in, worse than he usually behaves. I think this match was the start of the Pollard/ Best tiff which culminated in the beat down outside barbados hilton. Anyways, i think Carlos injured himself in the match vs Sussex or netherlands attempting to save four runs. Slipped on the dew. Twisted knee or something. I still dont remember him being anything above 75mph. He was tall and quite frankly the batting in the region was awful