The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Just got back from JA yesterday

birdseye 2019-10-16 01:51:05 

Just got back from JA yesterday – spent a week at the Grand Bahia Principe – went down for friend beach wedding which was really fabulous – 150 guests – was really nice --- the hotel is not bad but the beach is not that good – swimming pool all over the place though – got to spend some time with my sister in Cardiff Hall – that community sure have some large classy homes – still cant get comfortable with how everywhere is so grilled up --- guess that’s the the reality of Jamaica new paradigm

Emir 2019-10-16 02:21:23 

In reply to birdseye

Agree about Bahia Principe beach, my grand and 2 great grand kids did not like the beach when I took them some years ago, but the food was great.

Question, what do you mean by "grilled up" in Cardiff Hill homes?

birdseye 2019-10-16 02:28:32 

In reply to Emir

Prison type security lock-down iron fencing all around the house and garage porch

birdseye 2019-10-16 02:38:00 

In reply to Emir

The food was good but could be better – the breadfruit seem like they freeze then thaw it – same with the yam nothing like when I roast a breadfruit on my grill at home – the reservation restaurants were good --- I think the Riu Hotel food is better – plus there is no lapse in finding food at any/all times at the Riu --- I am not necessarily a great fan of the Spanish hotels of which the 2 mentioned are

jahmekyah 2019-10-16 02:51:56 

that community sure have some large classy homes – still cant get comfortable with how everywhere is so grilled up --- guess that’s the the reality of Jamaica new paradigm

Live very close to the hotel. Cardiff-Hall beach is much better. usually hang with friends next door. new section of 600 rooms
are looking down on us in the backyard swimming and drinking, Tun up Di Reggae Musik . Try to get some of the guest to come over, but so far no one has . Afraid i guess
By the way my home has no grill .... although it is the exception. Great golf Course in Cardiff-Hall

birdseye 2019-10-16 03:05:34 

In reply to jahmekyah

Great golf Course in Cardiff-Hall
Mnnnn – good to know – plan to visit again before the year end

Emir 2019-10-16 03:19:53 

In reply to jahmekyah

Try to get some of the guest to come over, but so far no one has . Afraid i guess

What is your motivation? Just company?

jahmekyah 2019-10-16 03:44:02 

Gorgeous looking women
smile

mikesiva 2019-10-16 06:39:57 

In reply to birdseye

If you went to Runaway Bay, there's a better beach at Puerto Seco.

That's where I go when I'm in St Ann.

camos 2019-10-16 13:13:39 

In reply to birdseye

grille serves as security, lessen the need to board up during a hurricane, common in countries at a certain level of development!

ponderiver 2019-10-16 13:38:41 

In reply to mikesiva

If you went to Runaway Bay, there's a better beach at Puerto Seco

discovery bay has always been my favourite spot and puerto seco is my favourite beach

doosra 2019-10-16 13:42:09 

In reply to birdseye

yuh nah visit the poor ppl dem no moh? big grin

birdseye 2019-10-16 14:10:06 

In reply to ponderiver

discovery bay has always been my favourite spot and puerto seco is my favourite beach
As a youth those were my favorites also – Puerto seco especially on Boxing Day – truck loads a county people – young girls use to come bathe in them slip - as soon as the water hit it it became see-thru big grin

dale_staple 2019-10-16 14:33:18 

In reply to mikesiva

Puerto Seco is in discovery bay. Runaway Bay has Flavours Beach. If he was at Gran Bahia...Duscovery Bay wouldnt be far.

dale_staple 2019-10-16 14:34:39 

In reply to ponderiver

Mine too. Havent been since the renovations. But used to go a lot when i was younger.

JayMor 2019-10-16 14:50:08 

No love at all fe de South Coast? I came in yesterday, into N.M. for a surprisingly refreshing change*-- the view of those Blue Mountains while driving in! *[I normally fly into MoBay.]

Central reason is a h.s. reunion (golden anniversary, baby!) in Santa Cruz so beaches in the Treasure Beach and Alligator Pond areas are in contemplation. Sans the white sand, I'll see how they compare.

--Æ.

Walco 2019-10-16 16:11:44 

In reply to birdseye

My sincere condolences, especially if you stayed at the regular Bahia Principe instead of the Luxury Bahia Principe. Did you take a Segway tour around the hotel property during your visit?

birdseye 2019-10-16 19:20:27 

In reply to JayMor

My son and his wife spent a week at Treasure Beach – they consider Treasure beach as one of the best vacation they experienced --- they agree that the beaches in Thailand may be superior to Jamaica beaches, but to them the ambiance Treasure beach was special ---

birdseye 2019-10-16 19:30:57 

In reply to Walco

I stayed at the grand, most of the wedding party was on that side, but I did go around to the luxury side twice – the hotel isent bad and we took a suite which meant we had a room and a living room and a balcony --- but the place lacked some finishing touches – some of the vibes that I have grown to expect – but it was aite
It sure does have a lot of pools --- beach, not so good – and a long walk

jahmekyah 2019-10-17 01:48:08 

In reply to birdseye

As a youth those were my favorites also – Puerto seco especially on Boxing Day – truck loads a county people – young girls use to come bathe in them slip - as soon as the water hit it it became see-thru big grin

Not so any more. Porto Seco Beach taken over by "Guardsman Group Limited" After Renovation and landscaping it is much nicer
Has hotel like activities plus swimming with the Dolphins. Entry fee for locals about US$8.00 and Aprox. US$20.00 for Visitors
Wristband is given, however once you leave the property if only for a few minutes, you will have to re-pay to enter.
Fisherman beach is adjoining, thats free to enter.Pick out fish ,clean and prepare to be eaten in no time
Local dishes are also prepare on spot with any drinks or smoke that you favour

birdseye 2019-10-17 15:09:07 

In reply to jahmekyah

Fisherman beach is adjoining, thats free to enter.Pick out fish ,clean and prepare to be eaten in no time
Local dishes are also prepare on spot with any drinks or smoke that you favour

Interesting – I remember going to helshire beach with my youngest son on his 16th birthday – we bought some lobster off a boat and they cook them right there for us – probably the best tasting lobster he and I ever eat --- I imagine it’s the same kind a cooking you talking about at Puerto Seco --- I did go to Sharke restaurant which was on the water --- food wisent great and the portions were skimpy – I wanted some real jerk chicken – was disappointed with it.

any drinks or smoke that you favour
what kind a smoke, weed?

jahmekyah 2019-10-18 03:02:59 

Sharke restaurant is always pack.. but the food sucks, go figure. diagonally across from Sharkes is the restaurant MILESTONE the food is great, ambiance is great and the service is excellent. Paradise Cove Jewels -Now Taken over by Playa- is a hidden jewel
no pun intended- Has a topless beach- not promoted and denied but it is there. best new year eve party bar none. Up the street DeCamron Hotel on (Jamaican Night) Saturday night is plum crazy and fun(US100.00) 6pm to 2pm walk in, though no one leaves until dawn

Yes man weed all over the place. The best jerk chicken is in Priory Only opens Wednesday thru Saturday 7pm until

birdseye 2019-10-18 13:24:52 

In reply to jahmekyah

Got to copy this post of yours and save the info – am seriously thinking of going back for the Christmas and New Year – couple of Ocho Rios hotels are already sold out for the Christmas and New Year dates – Moon Palace and Sandals – no more Bahia though