The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trump had to be impeached

black 2019-12-06 04:34:48 

He was simply out of control.

Sometimes people have to be made examples of when they are out of control, that's not to say that the charges against him were not deserved, he simply needed to be brought back down to earth.

This is a man who clearly obstructed justice in the Mueller investigation and only escape prosecution because of the vagueness of the Mueller report's intent to prosecute. And, maybe because he was not prosecuted, felt empowered to go right back to engaging in illegal behavior, again.

He needed to be reminded that he is President for all the people and not just for a few idiots in red hats. He needed to be reminded that this Government is not a monarchy and he is not a king. He needed to be reminded that this is a Government of three separate branches designed to check on each other to make sure that they are not overstepping their boundaries.

Impeachment is not something to be taken lightly but Trump simply could not be allowed to set precedents that were going change the way Presidents operate.

By taking this action, Congress has sent a message to Trump that it was not going to stand idly by and let a rogue President do whatever and whenever he wants to do it.

maj 2019-12-06 05:19:03 

And when the Senate finds him not guilty, will he not be more empowered to do as he wish.

But it was a 2018 campaign promise made.

black 2019-12-06 05:35:28 

In reply to maj

And when the Senate finds him not guilty, will he not be more empowered to do as he wish.

He is going to be a hell of a lot more cautious to give himself a chance of reelection.

But it was a 2018 campaign promise made.

What was a campaign promise?

Did he run for President in 2018?

maj 2019-12-06 05:57:39 

In reply to black

No he wont power corrupts.

2018 Dems HOR promise.

black 2019-12-06 06:09:29 

In reply to maj

So you are admitting that Trump is corrupt?

Unchecked power corrupts.

black 2019-12-06 06:19:32 

In reply to maj

I find it interesting that Repubs are accusing Dems of being out to get Trump.

The guy is a bully and now Repubs want to portray him as the victim. lol

maj 2019-12-06 06:36:05 

In reply to black

Yes ALL politicians are corrupt and so are the DEMS who are trying to impeach h DT.

Pot and Kettle situation. They are impeaching DT for the same thing they do on a daily basis.

Runs 2019-12-06 08:07:03 

He committed impeachable offences it is that simple. The Dems and Republicans have no choice, to refuse to do is to subvert democracy and the constitution, the US then ceases to be a Democracy.
Nothing to sugarcoat about it. cool
If you want to put forth an argument that the Dems were always out to get him I counter with he made it easy for them by committing impeachable offences. wink

black 2019-12-06 11:09:41 

In reply to maj

Pot and Kettle situation. They are impeaching DT for the same thing they do on a daily basis

You know damn well that Pelosi was dead set against impeachment, she had to act in this case because his crime could not be ignored.

nick2020 2019-12-06 12:06:17 

In reply to maj

Yes ALL politicians are corrupt and so are the DEMS who are trying to impeach h DT.

The President is above the law and cannot be arrested; you have to take away his position first.

Given that it is more critical for the President to be less corrupt than the generalization of all politicians are corrupt that you hold.

Finally since you are very good at deflection and generalization tell us how Obama was corrupt and how Trump is corrupt.

Courtesy 2019-12-06 12:27:51 

In reply to nick2020

You are making one serious assumption here which militates against any sound and reasonable argument. You are assuming that the individual on the other end is rational, non polarized and has an open mind.

If you believe honestly you are arguing against a rational human being, then it makes a lot of sense to continue with your contributions.

I shall then follow any further contributions from you on this matter with just a passing interest.

Footnote:

....education must teach people to look at premises and arrive at conclusions from these premises...so it's a process of reasoning. (The late George Odlum).

black 2019-12-06 12:50:58 

In reply to maj

Bias is a mofo, it's amazing how you can ignore what Trump has done and blame everyone else for his transgressions.

maj 2019-12-06 13:23:11 

In reply to black

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm saying those who want to impeach DT are just as guilty of these acts..everything a politician does is to help themselves get reelected.

What DT did does not rise to the level of impeachment. There was no national security threat.

maj 2019-12-06 13:24:39 

In reply to nick2020

I've never said the president is above the law.

black 2019-12-06 13:38:14 

In reply to maj

everything a politician does is to help themselves get reelected. 

What DT did does not rise to the level of impeachment. There was no national security threat

He violated the law and he put lives in danger by not getting Ukraine the military aid it needed.

There was a national security threat, a rouge regime like Putin's Russia is always a threat to the U.S.

It also gets him closer to the rest of Europe.

nick2020 2019-12-06 13:40:00 

In reply to maj

I said he is.

But you said all politicians are corrupt. So I would like you to give us examples of DT corruption and Obama.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 13:47:30 

In reply to black

he put lives in danger by not getting Ukraine the military aid it needed

That literally has zero to do with the impeachment.

black 2019-12-06 13:56:02 

In reply to Ayenmol

I am merely responding to something that was said, I never said it had something to do with him being impeached.

Courtesy 2019-12-06 14:01:01 

In psychological terms, there is not much complexity to what Trump does. He has not developed the personality trait of empathy and has morphed into an animal of an individual. Yes I know these are strong words.

He is just a narcissistic skunt.

Truth means nothing to him.
People mean nothing to him.
Nothing matters...no conscience...no morality.

What a waste of a human being. He should be impeached and Dems should overlook any decision of the Senate in the interest of preserving the constitution and ultimately the USA.

black 2019-12-06 14:04:33 

In reply to Courtesy

You hit the nail on the head.

He should be impeached and Dems should overlook any decision of the senate in the interest of preserving the constitution and ultimately the USA

Right again.

Courtesy 2019-12-06 14:07:21 

In reply to black

In PR terms, this is what the Democrats should be spelling out at every giving opportunity. Keep the focus of the impeachment on preserving the constitution and ultimately the USA.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:09:14 

In reply to Courtesy

He has not developed the personality trait of empathy and has morphed into an animal of an individual. Yes I know these are strong words.

He shows empathy....only when he is the object of veneration as a result.

I try to remain neutral on Political issues, but I have never liked this man from the time I researched his behavior in the USFL.

I said well before his taking office this man was all about himself...and that has been the singular greatest issue of him as a leader.

I do not know what is in this man's heart, but what comes out of his mouth and his actions are truly a marvel in depravity.

Courtesy 2019-12-06 14:12:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

...this man was all about himself...

That's right. He is only about himself and his immediate family. Nothing else matters. He will throw his closest ally under the bus in a jiffy. He is as narcissistic as they come.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:16:10 

In reply to black

I am merely responding to something that was said, I never said it had something to do with him being impeached.

That was a statement you made...and elaborated further...
There was a national security threat, a rouge regime like Putin's Russia is always a threat to the U.S.

Am not sure where you responded to anything than made statements about issues that have nothing to do with the trial taking place.

Presidents make decisions everyday to let their soldiers,the soldiers of other nations and even innocent civilians, die.

Look what he did to the Kurds.

Million times worst than what he is being impeached for.

And he would do the same to you or maj or nitro .... but you all still hope these people fix the Worlds problems....talk about drinking the koolaid.

black 2019-12-06 14:24:01 

In reply to Ayenmol

What DT did does not rise to the level of impeachment. There was no national security threat.

Again, I was responding to this statement.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:31:57 

In reply to black

So you used something that had nothing to do with impeachment to make a case for impeachment?

The man was wrong associating all these things with impeachment.

There need not be anynational security threat for impeachment.

What National security threat was there for Clinton's impeachment?

And it still does not explain your first statement...

he put lives in danger by not getting Ukraine the military aid it needed

It's like me saying Congress is made up of all three branches....wrong.

Even if my point was that people sometimes misunderstand what congress actually is...I included wrong info.....you are including wrong info.

maj 2019-12-06 14:35:26 

In reply to black

Whose lives? Any lives on American soil or abroad?

Pure BS.

Putin already has Crimea what did anyone do to prevent that. How much closer can he get?

black 2019-12-06 14:39:37 

In reply to Ayenmol

Dude, I am not running the impeachment proceedings, I am going by what the people running the show, said.

This is coming from Pelosi and Schiff.

They said, "he put self interest ahead of nation interest and endangered lives by withholding aid".

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:41:20 

In reply to maj

Man you need to stop your nonsense.

The man is being impeached because he misused his power!

Period!

Clinton misused his power to take advantage of a young intern.....who was willing! Then lied about it. Impeached!

This man has misused his power in a way that put more people in harms way AND gains their interest AND the US interest.

How is he not liable?

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:47:20 

In reply to black

They said, "he put self interest ahead of nation interest and endangered lives".

That is an expountion...my word....not part of the article.

In other words political speak to appease hearers...but not the reson for the impeachment as already demonstrated to you.

If he had withheld the aid for something that benefited the US, would the case of endangering lives be an issue?

When the US threatened to hold back aid from those Caribbean Countries, does it not endanger lives?

maj 2019-12-06 14:47:51 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yes he misused his power, But a national security threat no way.

Impeachable offence in the minds of Dems. Yes he will be impeached then exonerated in the Senate.

I can see the talking point now..DT not guilty of blah blah..

That will sell like hotcakes. Dems are doing DT a favor by impeaching him.

Surely the psuedo intellectuals in this Mb can see this

Courtesy 2019-12-06 14:48:59 

In reply to Ayenmol

Clinton's transgressions were venial as compared to Trump and yet the Republicans impeached Clinton.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:49:39 

In reply to maj

Misuse of power is an impeachable offense!

Particularly one done for self interest....usually is anyway....and even worse meant to damage the very people responsible for your impeachment.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:50:57 

In reply to Courtesy

Because they wanted to cut him down a peg...he of course gave them the right when he lied....

Courtesy 2019-12-06 14:55:41 

In reply to Ayenmol

Now add obstruction of Congress to Trump's list of transgressions which is a serious matter and intended to cripple the work of a branch of government. A branch created to keep a check on the Executive...Trump has effectively cut off that branch. This is a serious violation of the constitution.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 14:59:34 

In reply to maj

Dems are doing DT a favor by impeaching him.

That is perception based on the reasonings of idiots like you...who are more worried about party Politics than right and wrong or rule of law.

If people whether they like Trump or not, were being honest, him being impeached would not be a hot button issue....they would have already let him know he needs to play by the rules.

But they don't care.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 15:16:30 

In reply to Courtesy

Now add obstruction of Congress to Trump's list of transgressions which is a serious matter and intended to cripple the work of a branch of government.

That alone surpasses what was done to Clinton.

He was brought up on a ridiculous charge where he lied then teeth was given to the opposers.

This man has done that and more..?even the Senators are lying for him...no end in sight.

Man....Cannot rule himself.

Why we need to look to God.

You all are wasting your time hoping these people will bring relief to your lives....things are getting worse.

A real examination of the facts will render this obvious.

Stop drinking the koolaid of human rulership ever creating a just World.

Courtesy 2019-12-06 15:20:02 

In reply to Ayenmol

You have gone completely off tangent and left me far behind. Continue your journey even if I will not be able to keep up with you and have no chance of entering the promise land. Good luck and farewell.

black 2019-12-06 15:21:09 

In reply to Courtesy

lol lol lol

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 15:33:54 

In reply to Courtesy

I have to go there because like Jesus said...you all strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel....

You love to talk about people drinking the koolaid...

You think that koolaid is Trump's lies.

But is the issue Trump?

No....Man, Politicians, Rulers keep selling you a bill of nonsense....put them in power as leaders over you and they will fix issues and make theWorld a better place.

Democrat...Republican,
onarchy. ...
Tyranny. ...
Totalitarian. ...
Oligarchy. ...
Federation. ...

Which has brought any lasting good?

Which has iradicated corruption, injustice, hunger, crime, sickness, or any serious Ill facing Mankind?

They all do the same....amass wealth or protect their friends ability to amass wealth off the backs of the peoples.

While all other issues remain.

Yet the masses continue to put them in place, and fight every year to claim which is better and which will get it done this time.

When? When will you all see the big picture...it aint the individuals.....it's the system....flawed!

There is only one rulership that matters and only one that can give to all wht their heart desires.

black 2019-12-06 17:09:41 

In reply to maj

Certainly, impeachment cannot be good for a President, even if he is not convicted in the Senate.

And, it won't be like Bill Clinton who lied about sex, it will be about crooked behavior, not good for a President.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 17:15:51 

In reply to black

There you go again trying to rank idiscretion....notice how the one you dislike's indiscretion is always worse than the one you like?

black 2019-12-06 17:30:38 

In reply to Ayenmol

Public sentiments reflects what I'm saying, people did not want Clinton removed from office.

Right now. About 50% want Trump removed from office, that is pretty high.

You religious guys rank indiscretions all the time, especially against homosexuality compared to other indiscretions.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 17:47:43 

In reply to black

So now you saying that Public sentiment is the driving force? Will you be in favor of Public sentiment when it is against your interest?

Like i say....chaff, blown with the wind.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 17:51:07 

In reply to black

You religious guys rank indiscretions all the time, especially against homosexuality compared to other indiscretions.

Complete nonsense that exist only in your head....Remember when you told me i was lying when i said we treat all sin the same and homosexuals are the samas all other sins like fornication...now you saying something different.

black 2019-12-06 17:59:38 

In reply to Ayenmol

Look, I don't know much about your religion but religion on a whole treat homosexuality different from other perceived sin and you know that is true.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 18:04:53 

In reply to black

But you yourself treat homosexuals different....you use homosexuality as a slur.... but boast about fornication.

black 2019-12-06 18:29:22 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yes, for fags like Nick but I know other homosexuals and I treat the with respect. lol

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 18:32:44 

In reply to black

like i said.

You pointing fingers at others while you in the same boat.

Runs 2019-12-06 18:35:31 

As per the US Constitution if you as President engage in Treason, Bribery or High Crimes and Misdemeanors, it is the duty of Congress, consisting of Republicans, Democrats and Independents to protect the Supreme Law of the land not their parties and impeach aka indict aka charge you and give a fair trial in the Senate, with removal if you are found guilty.

Period, if they fail to do so we are not living in a democracy anymore. wink

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 18:38:18 

In reply to Runs

Ahem...i think i said that already....as ignorant as i am, i did already say that....Period and all.

Runs 2019-12-06 18:39:52 

In reply to Ayenmol

So what are you guys still arguing about? Three pages to boot lol

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 18:42:34 

In reply to Runs

The usual....Everybody sticking to their guns because everyone scared to say they are wrong....or just love to fight about things regardless of it's value.

black 2019-12-06 18:46:39 

In reply to Ayenmol

like i said. 

You pointing fingers at others while you in the same boat

I am not a public official and I am not accountable to anyone and certainly you are not comparing Trump's illegal behavior to me calling someone a name, are you?

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 18:48:56 

In reply to black

I am not a public official and I am not accountable to anyone

You said Religions view Homosexuality different....i told you so do you....Keep up.

Have a nice day.

black 2019-12-06 19:01:30 

In reply to Ayenmol

But I don't walk around wearing my morality on my shoulders.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 19:01:50 

How much you wanna bet that am going to use your above statement against you?

You made some foolish comment and i knocked it down in one thought.

Instead of just letting it be you back with more nonsense...You not accountable to anyone...but you want others to be accountable to you.

Yesterday you said i was embarrassed because i was wrong about something...you think just because you have an idiotic comeback that you avoid embarrassment.

all you do is just dig deeper and prove your lack of any thought about life and people and social behavior....the most important thing in life that affects every decision.

Then when i use your own stupid comments and attitudes against you you call me despicable...

You want to judge people Religion, based on limited knowledge or none at all!

Hold them to a standard you refuse to hold yourself.....then judge them on that while claiming no one should judge you.

Which leads me to what i always say about your choice to not believe in God....you actually think it absolves you of responsibility.

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 19:04:02 

In reply to black

But I don't walk around wearing my morality on my shoulders.

You right here talking about the morality of what Trump does.....

You cry about the fact that the majority of Evangelicals put him in power.....then exalt the fact that 50 percent want him gone for his morals.

You are a walking contradiction.

Good day!

black 2019-12-06 19:10:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

Apples and oranges.

Are you comparing me calling someone a name to someone rigging the election and putting children in cages?

Ayenmol 2019-12-06 19:26:34 

In reply to Runs

So what are you guys still arguing about? 

Let me check the thread starter...oh yeah.

Point taken.

black 2019-12-06 19:29:12 

In reply to Ayenmol

You're only making yourself look silly by making ridiculous comparisons.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-12-06 19:54:49 

In reply to black

u abandon the impeachment thread?

black 2019-12-06 20:00:11 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Nope.

POINT 2019-12-06 20:45:31 

In reply to maj

FYI THIS AINT NO NANCY STORY TALE ;

HE DEFINITELY WILL BE IMPEACHED BECAUSE

FROM A NUMERICAL PERSPECTIVE THE

DEMOCRATS IN THE HOUSE OF