The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The ways West Indies can win:

methodic 2019-12-07 09:28:45 

1. Pooran or Hetmyer has to play a big knock dominating the innings. They have to get above 80 with decent support from the other batsmen.
I will add King to this list but will not put the onus on him as yet as he is now gaining his first international experience. He definitely has the talent and will adapt quickly.

2. When the team has a good foundation, Pollard has to bat the opposition out the game.

Summary:
While everyone is complaining about the bowling, I pretty much expected that type of performance from the Indian batsmen. This bowling attack will not beat India. So when Hetmyer was dismissed shortly after passing 50 and Pollard followed soon after, in my analysis that is where the game was decided.
With Narine in the playing 11 our chances of winning a game like this increases significantly.
With Russell in the 11, we have a player that can win a game by himself.
With King gaining experience and Narine and Russell set to come back at some point, I see a strong team being developed.

Narper 2019-12-08 01:29:17 

In reply to methodic

The experienced Simmo is the key to a great score....he can 'anchor' the innings all the way to the happy hour....when he also has the ability to explode.

AND as Pouty said...the bowlers have to execute the team plan....way too many extras....just watch the no balls and wides.

Baje 2019-12-08 02:33:03 

I think they need a plan when Kohli is on the rampage. I think it should be to simply aim to bowl yorkers at him, and hope that he cant clear the boundary when the bowler misses his length.

Kay 2019-12-08 03:46:50 

In reply to Baje

There is a better plan for Kohli … try to give him singles to get a chance at the other batsmen

Cortes 2019-12-08 07:40:25 

In reply to Baje
Or bowl a couple of Patterson Thompson at him.