The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Virginia gun rally

doosra 2020-01-20 20:40:29 

Link Text

Isn't it scary living in a place like this

steveo 2020-01-20 21:32:21 

In reply to doosra

Do you think the vast majority of these people own guns to mow down people they are prejudiced against?

XFactor 2020-01-20 22:03:29 

In reply to doosra

You are scared to have a gun tooting neighbour... lol

XFactor 2020-01-20 22:13:53 

In reply to steveo

I don't believe there has ever been a gun where proper background checks have been done was used in a mass shooting incident. Common crimes may be a different story.

carl0002 2020-01-20 22:23:42 

In reply to XFactor
Oh yeah? Read this NY Times article a few months back on how a gun originally sold and registered to a North Carolina farmer, ended up on the rent a gun program in Jamaica. Is it your assertion that it was the NC farmer who was committing those murders in Jamaica?

doosra 2020-01-20 22:33:41 

In reply to steveo

i see a strong correlation between gun ownership and gun incidents...that;s a universal statistic

doosra 2020-01-20 22:34:10 

In reply to XFactor

oh yes

esp if they dont like my skin color, race, nationality, work ethic, etc big grin

maj 2020-01-20 22:45:48 

Why did authorities grant a permit for a counter protest on the same day.

It would have been better to have the protests on different days..avoiding any possibility of clashes.

steveo 2020-01-20 23:25:25 

In reply to doosra

i see a strong correlation between gun ownership and gun incidents...that;s a universal statistic

read what you wrote, you expect gun incident without a gun?

Anyway, I understand what you indented to say. I browsed two studies, one show high prevalence of guns lead to higher crime levels, now that study did not say legal guns or criminal with illegal guns

Most of these are slanted with cherry picked stats to reach a preset outcome.

If you have a objective study, please share.

I am of the belief that mutually assured destruction is a strong deterrent to potential criminals. I think people that are known to be well armed are not victimized(see North Korea and Iran smile ). I see it all the time in Guyana. However this is just a subjective viewpoint, I am open to changing my position if I see valid data supporting the other side.

steveo 2020-01-20 23:30:03 

In reply to XFactor

I don't believe there has ever been a gun where proper background checks have been done was used in a mass shooting incident. Common crimes may be a different story.

The genie is already out of the bag, making guns illegal will do little to stop criminals to have them. Anyone who has a strong need for a gun can get one, you can even 3D-print them and the technology is moving so fast, getting a gun will soon be like making a microwave dinner.

Here in Guyana the laws are very stiff against legal guns but even non-working, juveniles have access to illegal guns, its as easy as getting a beer.

doosra 2020-01-20 23:38:12 

In reply to steveo

read what you wrote, you expect gun incident without a gun?

actually no

you know what i mean

the world statistic is saying the higher the ownership % the higher incidents ...and we have seen dramatic reduction in incidents in those countries that put a ban or implement policies

i will look for the studies tomorrow...it;s my fish curry and rice time
big grin

maj 2020-01-21 05:09:13 

Leftist media disappointed that the white supremacists and Trump supporters at the pro gun rally were peaceful.

JahJah 2020-01-21 07:01:38 

In reply to maj

Leftist media disappointed that the white supremacists and Trump supporters at the pro gun rally were peaceful.

Are you the KKK's minister of information? You're not here to recruit, are you?

Tryangle 2020-01-21 13:47:17 

I read somewhere that this type of gathering, 'armed militia' or whatever you call it, is likely to be the normal going forward in the US regardless of how the next presidential election goes. The polarisation and 'picking your side' seems to be at an apex.

Bigzinc 2020-01-21 14:49:30 

In reply to steveo

This is how the arms race started..bigger guns now more, bigger, powerful nuclear bombs.

no kidding... Its kids who bear the brunt of accidental deaths from guns...

dont like guns and wont own one.. Having said that, if I lived in a place where crime is prevalent, I might consider getting one

steveo 2020-01-21 15:05:00 

In reply to Bigzinc

dont like guns and wont own one.. Having said that, if I lived in a place where crime is prevalent, I might consider getting one

Dont like guns either, with kids at your home its a big risk. However, I am living in a place where criminals are rampant and to make it worse the security is not there. Police are routinely found to be collaborating with gunmen and being the gunmen.

I just want a fighting chance man lol lol

Bigzinc 2020-01-21 15:10:22 

In reply to steveo

You have to protect your family when those who have sworn to "Protect" are the biggest threat.

Its one thing if you are aware and can defend yourself, its quite another to be rudely awakened with several armed intruders with murderous intent in your bedroom.

Just cannot see myself living back in GT.

Its not just the crime, its the corruption, total disregard for the law, the culture of drinking and driving and the sheer backwardness of people. Men killing their partners with impunity...every single day..

maj 2020-01-21 16:29:37 

In reply to JahJah

You sound disappointed as well.

JahJah 2020-01-22 01:25:20 

In reply to maj

You sound disappointed as well.

That you're here spreading the 'goodness' of the KKK and neo-Nazis. Based on what Snoopy seh 'bout you...no, not disappointed at all.

DukeStreet 2020-01-22 01:35:15 

In reply to JahJah

It's been said the KKK had over 5.5 million members in 1924.

Amazing stat, huh?

maj 2020-01-22 01:57:12 

In reply to JahJah

No you're disappointed there was no civil unrest at the rally

But guess who burns down college campus buildings because they do not like certain speakers.

Guess who vandalizes businesses at their "rallies".

Guess who proclaim they want to blow up the White House.

SnoopDog 2020-01-22 16:00:24 

In reply to maj the vaj

Surprise surprise...I leave this MB for a few days and return to see you're still a dumb Dotard real estate fraudster cunt.

Anyways, I've brought back some reading material for you and the rest of the gun toting lemmings in Dotard nation.

How Japan Has Almost Eradicated Gun Crime - Japan has one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the world. In 2014 there were just six gun deaths, compared to 33,599 in the US. What is the secret?

If you want to buy a gun in Japan you need patience and determination. You have to attend an all-day class, take a written exam and pass a shooting-range test with a mark of at least 95 percent.

There are also mental health and drugs tests. Your criminal record is checked and police look for links to extremist groups. Then they check your relatives too - and even your work colleagues. And as well as having the power to deny gun licences, police also have sweeping powers to search and seize weapons.

That's not all. Handguns are banned outright. Only shotguns and air rifles are allowed.

The law restricts the number of gun shops. In most of Japan's 40 or so prefectures there can be no more than three, and you can only buy fresh cartridges by returning the spent cartridges you bought on your last visit.

Police must be notified where the gun and the ammunition are stored - and they must be stored separately under lock and key. Police will also inspect guns once a year. And after three years your licence runs out, at which point you have to attend the course and pass the tests again.

This helps explain why mass shootings in Japan are extremely rare. When mass killings occur, the killer most often wields a knife.

granite 2020-01-22 18:55:28 

In reply to steveo
Even if it's a tiny minority which I think it is,it is real bad man,really bad.

granite 2020-01-22 19:05:18 

In reply to doosra

doosra,get it right man,is curry fish,not fish curry. smile

doosra 2020-01-23 00:13:56 

In reply to granite

fish off, yea
big grin

JahJah 2020-01-23 16:52:05 

In reply to maj

Guess who drives cars through crowds of people in order to kill them...at a rally.

Guess who going into churches, mosques and synagogues to commit mass murder.

Dude, STFU already!

maj 2020-01-23 18:18:30 

In reply to JahJah

It's so easy to point out mass shootings.

Day to day blacks commit more gun crimes than whites..see below.

Link Text

KYS!!

In NY blacks are overwhelminy committing bias crimes.

KYS!!