The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Harper: DaSilva’s composure, form impressive

sgtdjones 2020-04-03 01:29:02 

Harper: DaSilva’s composure, form impressive

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – Trinidad and Tobago's Joshua DaSilva’s batting during the recent domestic first-class championship has not gone unnoticed by West Indies convenor of selectors, Roger Harper.

The 21-year-old emerged from the eight-round tournament with 507 runs at an average of 50 to top Trinidad and Tobago Red Force’s batting, to be the only player to exceed the 500-run mark.

Harper said what had impressed him most was the right-hander’s comfort against both pace and spin, along with his poise in pressure situations.

“He batted very well throughout the tournament. It was a little disappointing that he wasn’t able to just kick on and get at least another hundred,” Harper said.

Oilah 2020-04-03 01:46:42 

In reply to sgtdjones

Yes he looked the part

dayne 2020-04-03 12:24:03 

A good prospect for the future, but his Wicketkeeping looked like it needs some more work. but it was his first season so that should improve with more matches.

solidrock 2020-04-03 12:33:48 

In reply to sgtdjones

For a young man, he looked way above his cricket background. I hope he keeps going on this track.

Baje 2020-04-03 13:11:10 

In reply to Oilah

Fully agreed

Islander 2020-04-03 15:52:42 

In reply to Baje

What are we really talking about here?? I have watched this young cricketer and his wicket keeping is average at best. I can name five others in his age range better than him. Secondly I can also name at least a dozen batsmen way ahead of him. What is the point here? I don't get it. My word!!! How far have we fallen. Can you remember the days when Shell Shield cricketers needed to make centuries to even get a firstlook? Let him play and develop !!

natty_forever 2020-04-04 20:14:51 

In reply to Islander

The point here is that he has impressed when compared to his peers. And few believe with more work can get better. Simple.

Baje 2020-04-04 20:19:52 

In reply to Islander
He bats with an unhurried composure that I like. He seldoms looks flustered, and he is very organized.
Name the others who you think are better prospects.

InHindsight 2020-04-04 22:46:27 

In reply to Islander

DeSilva deserves the credit he is given.

We are not in the glory days of Shell Shield. And yeah the convenor noted that he would have like some tons.

Overall a good prospect

BeatDball 2020-04-04 23:43:21 

Ain't solozano just as good? In the same class? But, if alyuh describe his disposition: unhurried composure, doesn't look flustered...guess he'll be special. Seems like TT & Bbdos are churning them out!
cool

Just googled him...speaks well; seems like a nice fella & 6'2"!? cool

Barry 2020-04-05 00:53:05 

Jealous little people here- no praise given, no alternatives called... evil

granite 2020-04-05 10:24:29 

In reply to Barry
I wanted to ask that jealous little rass to name alternatives,you did and good on you.

cool