The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

It's times like these

black 2020-04-08 12:14:53 

that reminds us of how fragile life is.

Here today gone tomorrow.

Stay close to loved ones because you never know.

black 2020-04-08 13:22:24 

So far, I know two people that passed and three that are infected (including my sister) but are doing ok.

XFactor 2020-04-08 15:01:33 

In reply to black

Aren’t you the one who has subscribed to the theory that survival is just a matter of chance and for the fittest?

It is interesting that your sentiments have now changed.

I trust you are doing all you can to help your sister. I hope she recovers.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-08 15:06:23 

In reply to XFactor

People should not come here for sympathy. That is too personal.

One can not mourn for someone he or she does not know. The wont remember your dead tomorrow .

12000 dead...how practical is it to reflect and be sad.

Take care of you own. do the necessary things to keep you safe from the jaws of death

black 2020-04-08 15:07:47 

In reply to XFactor

I have not said anything different from what I previously stated. Just because someone doesn't go to church or worship God means he or she doesn't appreciate life?

black 2020-04-08 15:13:12 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

One can not mourn for someone he or she does not know. The wont remember your dead tomorrow . 

This is just s discussion about the Coronavirus crisis, I'm not here for your sympathy. I'm fine if you do and fine if you don't.

XFactor 2020-04-08 15:14:49 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Dan I love your sarcasm most of the time, but I am assuming this is not one of those times.

The Coronavirus has affected people regardless of their background, race or religion.

I believe we should put our burdens in a place and in whom we trust.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-08 15:32:28 

In reply to XFactor

At the end of the day. We are on our own.

I am not affected. Knock on wood but the way I think has changed about germs around me. The worst is the gas pumps and money

XFactor 2020-04-08 15:41:42 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Yes, social distancing and clean hands is the news of the day, as it should be; but it doesn’t seem rational.

As I have posted on another thread earlier one of the biggest take-away from this crisis is that mankind cannot save this world; we cannot save ourselves.

Time to reflect.

XFactor 2020-04-08 15:57:00 

In reply to black

It’s normal to be unsettled and come to appreciate life even more after an episode that we are all facing with this virus.

Times like this will force us to refocus on what is meaningful and using our energy in creating the best possible life we can have.

black 2020-04-08 16:06:25 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

am not affected. Knock on wood but the way I think has changed about germs around me. The worst is the gas pumps and money

Not much we can do about the germs around us other than practice good hygiene and hope they are not deadly.

black 2020-04-08 16:08:08 

In reply to XFactor

I agree.

bravos 2020-04-08 17:42:47 

Ex neighbor of mine died yesterday...wonderful successful lady in her mid 60s, and the breadwinner of the family..she actually stopped her husband from working decades ago..and no proper funeral,just 5 min 5 people gathering and bury..and that's it..dont know the status of husband but he wasn't the healthiest last couple years,hope he wasn't exposed..

So sad,all the best to your sis and everyone black..sounds like she's not doing too bad...

XFactor 2020-04-09 01:15:26 

In reply to bravos [quote]just 5 min 5 people gathering and bury..and that's it. [/b]

That is brutal. When this is all said and done there will be funerals we can't attend and properly memorialize the victims because of this virus. It is also true of the many who have died of natural cause during this time.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-09 01:32:34 

In reply to XFactor

Cremate the body and do a memorial when this is all clear

XFactor 2020-04-09 01:40:31 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Seems like a simple solution on he surface. A friend of mine whose father died on Friday lives in Canada and his dad was living in the US. He is unable to travel there, had a hell of time getting a death certificate, funeral parlours are full and crematories are booked.

Yikes!!

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-09 01:45:54 

In reply to XFactor

If you are going to Toronto.,,,fly to buffalo and drive to Toronto. This way u are talking to Canadian immigration

Flying from a us airport you are talking to an airline person. The don’t take the chance to make an immigration decision

Funeral homes 1 hr north of Toronto or East

The let 35 people in certain places. All spaced out and chairs are wiped when mourner exchanged seat

XFactor 2020-04-09 02:02:02 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

The direction for my friend is Toronto to NY. The deceased lived in NY.

Had those destination been reversed, I believe it would have been easier.

black 2020-04-09 04:25:29 

In reply to bravos

Thanks Bro.

She is doing fine and in good spirits.

hotarobin 2020-04-09 04:43:42 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

interesting viewpoint.... I have always viewed it in terms of lending support to the posters who are the living family members and friends rather than mourning the ones who have passed on in scenarios such as this. Believe it or not this Rum Shop is a source of fellowship for many. You cannot discuss issues and fight with felllow posters and not develop some sort of relationship as rudimentary as it may be...

hotarobin 2020-04-09 04:44:00 

In reply to black

hope she mends quickly...

black 2020-04-09 06:10:22 

In reply to hotarobin

interesting viewpoint.... I have alawys viewed it in terms of lending support to the posters who are the living family members and friends rather than the mourning the ones who have passed on in scenarios such as this. Believe it or not this Rum Shop is a source of fellowship for many. You cannot discuss issues and fight with felllow posters and not develop some sort of relationship as rudimentary as it may be

Sometimes people make statements without having been in the situation they are commenting on. When my oldest sister passed away, the condolences from this board were the most welcomed and appreciated.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-09 21:42:55 

In reply to hotarobin

We can not adequately mourn the loss of an online person because we haven’t faced the reality of the loss.

Everyone that passes has their own who are devastated and people not connected are monetarily casually sad. They move on within moments.

This can be a great place to talk about random sheit and banter. Get advise on some issue. But freedom must be afforded to all. You cant have admins locking threads and block your ability to message.

black 2020-04-09 23:09:09 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

We can not adequately mourn the loss of an online person because we haven’t faced the reality of the loss.

Why are you getting this so wrong?

I don't know any of the people Dukes know, I'm passing on my condolences to him for his loss.

It's not about the people we don't know.

hotarobin 2020-04-10 05:00:12 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

what are you talking about? and who are you to determine the scope and depth of an online friendship? Many folks on here have formed meaningful friendships outside of this forum. Don't you see folks arranging to meet up to watch games, etc?

and it seems that you are not reading properly...please read my response again thanks...

Barry 2020-04-10 10:55:40 

In reply to hotarobin

Exactly confused