The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Disgusting attack on WHO

Khaga 2020-04-09 01:46:50 

WHO has done a commendable job in managing this pandemic ,a first in the history of the organization. They have been successful in getting China to cooperate. Nations that attack the WHO are trying to cover their own failures in preparation.
A colleague of mine from Taiwan asked me to sign an online petition seeking the removal of WHO Director General. I refused to.

The US always seeks to undermine world bodies that don't toe it's line. Time for WHO to raise funds from other sources and show the middle finger to the Trump regime..

TyTy35 2020-04-09 01:54:02 

In reply to Khaga

Trump and his cohorts in the republican party are looking for scape goats even though everyday more reporting is coming out that the White house was warned about the danger of virus from as far back as November, yet all they did was down play it, and in some cases dump stock.

Khaga 2020-04-09 01:56:52 

In reply to TyTy35

I am tired of the US regimes undermining global institutions over the years..

nick2020 2020-04-09 01:57:58 

In reply to Khaga

Maybe now you will stop trolling the board as a Trump supporter?

Khaga 2020-04-09 01:59:12 

In reply to nick2020

Issue based..
Undermining of global institutions did not start with Trump nor will it end with Trump..

Casper 2020-04-09 02:42:01 

In reply to Khaga

Only a disgusting man, trying to save his political and own life would engage in such disgusting act.

How much more can his Kool-Aid Drunks stomach before they say "Down and Out with Trump"?

maj 2020-04-09 03:03:04 

In reply to Khaga

Really, the WHO parroted all of Chinas lies.

No evidence of the virus can be transferred human to human.

China has the virus under control.

No need for travel restrictions needed.

March 11,WHO declares a world pandemic. MARCH 11.

The WHO is part of the UN, a known failure.

JahJah 2020-04-09 03:15:10 

In reply to maj

USA has their own info. It was a Democratic hoax from long time.

Since when Amerikkka listen to anyone else but their own superior intel? WMDs?

hotarobin 2020-04-09 03:36:41 

In reply to Khaga

Issue based..
Undermining of global institutions did not start with Trump nor will it end with Trump..
you guys are too much - you must be trolling lol lol lol

Scar 2020-04-09 03:55:57 

No one outside China knew much of what was happening. If foreigners were known to have info contrary to what the Gov wanted released they would be in detention with no outside contact.

By being a member of WHO it is incumbent on each country to accurately and truthfully report such health threats etc. The same is expected of the US.

In defense of the WHO their statement read that according to China authorities there was no human to human contact.

That China had it under control depends on what control means to you. Control in kept to one and only one city or control in that all A-symptom carriers from 12 Million people could be located - even those who left Wuhan before January when it really reared its ugly head. Considering the virus can lay hidden for 3 weeks in some a d never show in many how could China know before the worse than "flu like" symptoms showed.

The time line is everything - and as much as I dont like authoritarian govs - I'd give China a wee bit of slack. They are a proud people and have been blamed for 2 pandemic Flu outbreaks and the Plague. How do you.think they felt while trying to battle this. They thought they'd battle this win, and keep all else free from harm.

Technically they did control.it to one area unlike us here in the US. Now we wait to see if A-sympthom citizens carried it out to the other provinces. If it will show ut couldnt be contained even... This thing was out before China even knew

Halliwell 2020-04-09 05:23:43 

In reply to Khaga

You’re on the mark there when you say the critics are covering their own incompetences. There was a blueprint but many countries were too arrogant and kept saying ‘that could never happen here like that’

Exhibit A- UK
Exhibit A.1- US

maj 2020-04-09 06:42:50 

In reply to JahJah

Why bother to have an organization like the WHO.

What's their mandate?

maj 2020-04-09 06:44:58 

In reply to Halliwell

You forgot to add

Italy
France
Spain
Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
Iran

MARCH 11. Less than a month ago..the WHO woke up. Now that's DISGUSTING!!

JahJah 2020-04-09 06:47:19 

In reply to Scar

This thing was out before China even knew

Weren't the Italians saying they were seeing something similar back in November? I could have sworn my kid something like this around them times too. Bwaaay, yu never know, but yu dun know how China seems to have some rabid defenders and admirers in here.

Halliwell 2020-04-09 06:50:51 

In reply to maj

And you failed to add Taiwan, Korea and post January Wuhan
All entities that worked with the WHO to “test, test, test”.

Boris said, a month ago, they were moving away from testing and favouring a different approach. Let the people get sick. Let me get sick to to save face now.

maj 2020-04-09 06:53:39 

In reply to Halliwell

Sounds an Asian conspicuous to me.

nitro 2020-04-09 08:57:00 

The WHO parroted the Chinese propoganda. They failed miserably.

That said Trump got briefing from his intelligence agencies months ago yet downplayed the damn thing.

He is using the WHO as an excuse and it will work politically.

problemjay 2020-04-09 09:54:05 

WHO director general gave the perfect response, when asked by media what is his response to Trump. He said “Why would I care about being attacked when people are dying?”

Casper 2020-04-09 10:11:42 

In reply to nitro

The WHO parroted the Chinese propoganda. They failed miserably.

And you are parroting FauxNews and other right-wing media propaganda in trying to make excuses for Trump’s failure as a “war leader”, and in helping to find something or someone to blame.

That’s just the kind of thing to feed his Kool-Aid Drunks. Most sensible Americans will not be fooled.

He has tried everything so far, Democrats, the media, Obama for not leaving him testing kits and masks (“the cub board was bare”), so he’s trying the WHO on for political size. His base couldn’t give two hoots about the WHO - it’s foreign.

Casper 2020-04-09 10:33:41 

In reply to Scar

I would grant you that the way we are slowly finding out how this virus behaves, no one, not even China, would have known that at the beginning. However, given the nature of most authoritarian governments to suppress information, this act has backfired on China, so it’s deserving of even greater blame, following the previous SARS virus.

Given the way these things spread, hiding their existence from first awareness is not the way to go. Notify the public, notify the world.

No one nation can fight it, but getting the notice out early to everyone lessens the potential damage to people and economies.

Chrissy 2020-04-09 11:13:20 

In reply to Khaga

The US always seeks to undermine world bodies that don't toe it's line. Time for WHO to raise funds from other sources and show the middle finger to the Trump regime..

This

BeatDball 2020-04-09 12:34:47 

Every organization that begins with 'world' or 'international' has an inherent anti U.S. stance! Here's a concise & simple rationale: nonwhite socihitist cuntries have a a built-in (the ideology of socishitism) anti/bias of the wealthy/rich/powerful; ergo, they detest, hate, abhor, etc the USA!

Ps. Just have a quick look at wheh alyuh run come from!
razz

DAVE400 2020-04-09 13:05:34 

In reply to Halliwell

The WHO is unequivocally at fault for misinformation in the early stages...

To Trump's credit he had the absolute solution early on: Cut off China...but he was ridiculed and criticized for that...

Then he started closing borders to Europe...he got maligned for that...

He may be mishandling many aspects but don't make WHO look like a saint...

Furhtermore..they are (and I sticking my neck out here) going to make things very bad for Australia and New Zealand who wil need to revisit these measures in their winter...say from June...

Right now both countries are managable....look at their stats...and total lockdown is an overkill...

They are going to need this in a couple of months...can they shutdown for so long? or twice?

BeatDball 2020-04-09 13:11:44 

In reply to DAVE400 Look how they gwine gallop South to Siparia - they can't touch yuh! Dwl. Heheheh.

big grin razz

Courtesy 2020-04-09 13:19:53 

In reply to DAVE400

Don't you read and follow world events? Man you are disgusting now.

Isn't there a dichotomy between Trump presumably taking preventative action on one hand, and on the other hand calling the disease "a hoax being fueled by Democrats."

He further stated that "there are currently 15 cases of Covid-19 and by the summer it will be all gone.

Does this make sense to you? Isn't there a dichotomy?

Man, what have you become? Wake up from your slumber.

sudden 2020-04-09 13:41:09 

In reply to Courtesy

you have time, mate. Trump stopping flights from China is the end all to fighting COVID? should his role in addressing the crisis have ended there?

Courtesy 2020-04-09 13:43:25 

In reply to sudden

Man, Dave400 has morphed.

There is now new evidence that the Covid-19 disease in New York actually came from Europe. The genetic markers thru mutation confirm this.

The American media and his gullible "basket of deplorables" have allowed Trump to get away with fuckery.

sudden 2020-04-09 14:04:36 

In reply to Courtesy

another thing- how long has the present head of WHO been there?

Courtesy 2020-04-09 14:10:23 

In reply to sudden

...more than 2.5 years.

Larr Pullo 2020-04-09 14:10:51 

Did the WHO mishandle some aspects of the Pandemic? Yes!

Has Trumps leadership during the Pandemic been abysmal? ABSOLUTELY!

Both things can be true!! However, my buck stops with Trump since I don't vote for the leadership of the WHO. I will NOT be voting for Trump either!!!

sudden 2020-04-09 14:19:28 

In reply to Courtesy

but since Trump dis-handled the COVID response he is corrupt big grin

sudden 2020-04-09 14:20:35 

In reply to Larr Pullo

so you voted fro Trump in the last election?

sounds like it from that post big grin

Courtesy 2020-04-09 14:22:22 

In reply to sudden

but since Trump dis-handled the COVID response he is corrupt

lol lol lol

Trump just realized the D-G is from a "shithole country" so his fence is very low.

Khaga 2020-04-09 14:33:59 

Countries like South Korea took a WHO test template and ran with it. Those who dissed it,paid the price in terms of delay.

sgtdjones 2020-04-09 14:56:25 

In reply to Khaga

So you left Arizona and now reside in Beijing ?

rolleyes

nick2020 2020-04-09 14:56:32 

In reply to maj

Yet Trump is doing a good job handling the pandemic?

Interesting.

camos 2020-04-09 15:06:03 

In reply to nitro

That said Trump got briefing from his intelligence agencies months ago yet downplayed the damn thing.

He is using the WHO as an excuse and it will work politically.

exactly! he is in a haste to find a scapegoat for his failings.

birdseye 2020-04-09 15:26:17 

In reply to Khaga

I normally have difference with many of your postings but not this one – here you are spot on

maj 2020-04-09 15:52:27 

IT BEGINS: Japan Pays Billions To Firms To Leave China, Relocate Production Elsewhere

“The extra budget, compiled to try to offset the devastating effects of the pandemic, includes 220 billion yen (US$2 billion) for companies shifting production back to Japan and 23.5 billion yen for those seeking to move production to other countries, according to details of the plan posted online,” Bloomberg News reported. “That has renewed talk of Japanese firms reducing their reliance on China as a manufacturing base. The government’s panel on future investment last month discussed the need for manufacturing of high-added value products to be shifted back to Japan, and for production of other goods to be diversified across Southeast Asia.”

Link Text

Khaga 2020-04-09 16:13:18 

In reply to Courtesy

It's also interesting to note how contained the cases are in California,which has huge Asian influence. People travel a lot. Given that,the NY cases seem markedly different,as you suggest in one of your posts.

Halliwell 2020-04-09 16:16:08 

In reply to Khaga

England said they had the bestest scientistS and wanted to handle it errrr.....Differently shock

Khaga 2020-04-09 16:21:10 

In reply to Halliwell

A lot of people don't realize how critical it was for the WHO Director General to keep China engaged,given how difficult it can be to get information.
To all the critics of China, they release the genomic sequence of the virus as early as the first week of January.

For a few day, the city of Wuhan was in charge of managing this. Countries like the US should have an appreciation of how complex it is to manage a large crisis. China literally shutdown 1.5 billion people. US is struggling to lockdown a 5th of that population.

Khaga 2020-04-09 16:22:50 

In reply to hotarobin

It's a fact. Colin Powell went and lied infront of UNSC and coerced UNSC to ratify the war declaration on Iraq..

Khaga 2020-04-09 16:27:19 

In reply to maj

Good. Japan's economy has been stagnant for well over 20 years..I wish them good luck!

Halliwell 2020-04-09 16:29:30 

In reply to Khaga

It’s jokey, based on the facts, that the US could even attempt to blame China for anything!

Khaga 2020-04-09 16:31:27 

China has good reason to have distrust about the rest of the world (the West) as much as the rest of the world has distrust about China.

Chinese are very open and sharing if you win their trust..fcuk all with your judgmental positions..

JOJO 2020-04-09 16:37:51 

In reply to Khaga

Chinese are very open and sharing if you win their trust..fcuk all with your judgmental positions..

...which is what the good people at the WHO recognized. Putting the Chinese on blast and accusing them of not being truthful would have been counterproductive.

BeatDball 2020-04-09 17:11:56 

I, really & truly, know where the president of WHO is coming from...China has a special relationship with Ethiopia starting with president Mulatu Teshome...China has invested in the trillion$ in the country...built their elevated train in Addis Abba; ralilway connecting Djibouti to Ethiopia...their super highways in Ethiopia...the water pipeline connecting Djibouti to Ethiopia...the Grand Renaissance Dam & so on & so forth! Alyuh get the picture? Of course, uncle Sam is being hypocritical. That's all I gwine say! Done.
razz

sudden 2020-04-09 17:27:20 

In reply to BeatDball

the man has been in the post for about 2 plus years and all this just coming to light?

maj 2020-04-09 17:29:17 

I remember a funny story when I was in IT. We had a job in which we had to swap out routers/switches for a large firm.

They equipment we installed was Chinese made copies of Cisco products. Even the manuals were just photocopies of the original

big grin big grin

They are open to sharing alright

powen001 2020-04-09 17:36:28 

In reply to Khaga

Issue based..

On this Board you would call that Fence Sitting.

It always should be about the Issues....full stop.

I am glad you refused to sign the piece of crap petition....Sadly he assumed you would in the first place.

carl0002 2020-04-09 17:46:35 

In reply to BeatDball
I wont be so so quick to praise China re rebuilding railroad in Ethiopa. The last I heard is that Ethiopia defaulted on loan and China simply took the railroad. The railroad no longer owned by Ethiopia. And that is being done all over Africa too and even in the Caribbean. In dealing with the Chinese everything comes at a price often times swift and immediate.

BeatDball 2020-04-09 18:30:50 

In reply to carl0002 I thought that they had extended the Ethiopian loan!?

confused surprised

Look man, everyone is in debt. Even the superpowers are operating on deficit spending!