The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Holding: Renewed player commitment a good sign

sgtdjones 2020-04-09 14:39:27 

Holding: Renewed player commitment a good sign

“I’m not that close to know what has taken place but the different committees that I heard were set up and the actions that these committees are supposed to be taking I am happy in that regard. Let’s see if all this now comes to fruition.”

He added: “Another aspect of this entire thing that I’m happy with is that … cricketers are now looking forward to representing West Indies again – everybody is now making themselves available again which is important.

“If you don’t have a huge pool from which to draw, you’re going to have mediocrity getting to the top and if you have more competition at the lower level and everyone fighting to be in the last 11, the cream will rise to the top.

“This is what you want in the Caribbean – everyone wanting to play for West Indies.”

carl0002 2020-04-09 14:49:58 

Everybody is always available the year before the worldcup. shock

doosra 2020-04-09 14:51:19 

In reply to carl0002

go to the head of the class big grin big grin

plenty vibes and senses big grin

jacksprat 2020-04-09 17:00:32 

And of of course the pettiness of Hunte, Hillaire, Cameron and that vindictive cabal had no part in alienating the players, hence their unavailability, prior to this!

Narper 2020-04-09 17:34:05 

A good thing for the world cup....all the best players are available

Over to the selectors,....pick your best squad based on current performance and fitness.

Walco 2020-04-09 17:36:31 

In reply to jacksprat
Apparently you do not remember, but there has been a lond-standing pattern of our star players magically becoming available to play for WI before World Cups. Why do you think all of the IPL stars played in the Super50 leading up the WC last summer when Cameron was still in charge? WC money sweet sweet sweet and no other ICC cricket is played during a WC smile

Seem like Mikey don't remember either cool

jacksprat 2020-04-09 18:48:06 

In reply to Walco

Who were the fit IPL players who had missed the previous iteration of the CPL prior to the World Cup year?

In reply to Narper

A good thing for the world cup....all the best players are available. Over to the selectors,....pick your best squad based on current performance and fitness.

That would be such a novel and refreshing concept in West Indies cricket: A reversion to the idea of picking players based on cricketing reasoning.

No more of that garbage about "vibes" "commitment" "star team vs Team of Stars"; and malleability to the whims of the some power drunk men with inflated ego

openning 2020-04-09 18:49:33 

In reply to Walco
Listening to Holding on Tuesday, test cricket in #1, T20 is Rubbish Cricket.
During commentary at the WC, he said when Gayle got out, these guys can hit the ball, but they cannot bat.
Gayle was in his thirties, faced five dot balls, then when after the six, and got caught going for the maximum.
Here is Mason and Guest Pod cast, Holding segment is at the beginning, he was on for 30 minutes or more.
Link Text

Walco 2020-04-09 18:57:09 

In reply to jacksprat
I suspected that you would raise the CPL. But before I answer your question, perhaps you would be kind enough to answer mine as well as this additional question. Who owns the CPL? I suspect that you will withdraw your question to me after discovering that CWI does not own or operate the CPL smile

jacksprat 2020-04-09 19:04:45 

In reply to Walco

I conflated the CPL with the Super 50. I meant the Super 50.

doosra 2020-04-09 20:04:21 

people starting their history from where they want
big grin

carl0002 2020-04-10 00:18:36 

In reply to doosra

Some completely blot it out
big grin big grin