The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The despotic PNC regime

Darkness 2020-04-09 16:55:58 

Needs to swear in and let the games begin.
If anyone thinks that the PNC/GECOM did not rig the 2020 guyana elections for the PNC to win, then, they have taken leave of their senses or are just as despotic as the PNC themselves.

Atl_View 2020-04-09 17:01:39 

Sad but after all these years the issue is tied to race and poverty. Billions of dollars of oil is in the ground mind you.

Darkness 2020-04-09 17:09:57 

In reply to Atl_View

Actually there is a race issue, but it is being overplayed by the PNC.

There are 39% indos, 29% blacks. Therefore, the PPP appealed to many non indo guyanese to win the elections.

The PNC lost the elections because of the mismanagement of the economy.

BeatDball 2020-04-09 17:13:53 

In reply to Darkness Bring lite, my good man! Bring lite! But, what of Emir's points!?

razz wink

Darkness 2020-04-09 17:25:46 

In reply to BeatDball

Emir cannot be taken seriously, he is anti indo and anti any religion but Islam.

Hellraiser 2020-04-09 18:19:21 

In reply to Darkness

The PNC have effectively condemned themselves to Opposition status for the next 50+years. They have shown that they cannot be trusted to uphold democracy and to respect freedom of choice of the people of Guyana. This betrayal will live long in the memory of the swing voters in Guyana who trusted them in 2015.

BeatDball 2020-04-09 18:28:16 

In reply to Hellraiser My good man, you have just raised hell! They, now will not budge an inch. Full stop.

sad

Hellraiser 2020-04-09 18:57:05 

In reply to BeatDball
You really think they don't already know that?

If there was no inclination to acquiesce to national, regional and international pressure, Granger would have been sworn a long time ago.

Granger still has a small window of opportunity to redeem the party and probably elevate himself to statesman status. He has the opportunity to resist the "rig at all cost faction" led by Volda, Broomes, Harmon, Trotman and James Bond and show that there are still decent law abiding members within the PNC. Greenidge done run and leff dem.

B16JP587S 2020-04-10 00:33:13 

These PNC riggers need to be locked up in a room with a big wolverine high on pcp.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-10 01:32:06 

Where is Emir? He did say that his grandson has his password sad

Acts 20:9-10
“And there was a young man named Eutychus sitting on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead.”

steveo 2020-04-10 02:02:13 

In reply to B16JP587S

These PNC riggers need to be locked up in a room with a big wolverine high on pcp.

This is the ripe time for civil disobedience, PNC supporters would never have taken this lying done.

However hardly any PPP supporter is motivated to lose an arm or a leg for the sake of Jagdeo or Ifraan.

Jagan definitely

People would have rallied behind Gail, Nandalall etc

The thing really going for the PNC, is they have a presidential candidate that their supporters really believe in (rightfully so or wrongfully)

The PPP better hope international pressure gets the job done, or we are all fcuked back into Burnham era.

B16JP587S 2020-04-10 14:37:28 

In reply to steveo

More than likely there will be resistance. I very much doubt that people now will want to be subjugated like they were in the 70s and 80s.

It probably will start or not start depending on how effective the sanctions are. If the sanctions cannot get them out quickly then a civil war will erupt.

I base this on these different scenarios and ideas being floated around:

1/ Scrap the elections and reschedule new elections.
----The PPP wouldn't be inclined to go with this because they feel they won and this would be cheating them of a lawful victory. Also, what's the guarantee that the PNC won't rig the new elections? The whole world was in front of Mango when he mangled the numbers and no one could do a thing. Also, there would be endless delays, objections and calls for this or that process to be implemented and this part and that part of the constitution to be changed that the elections would probably take about 2-3 years to be held. Maybe more. I don't see this happening.

2/ Shared governance.
-----The PPP wouldn't be inclined to go with this. Who wants to go into partnership with thieves?
And of course both sides would want all the powerful ministries. Disagreements would break out in less than a year, probably more like within 3-6 months. Why the APNU+AFC shared governance worked is because all the other parties bowed before the PNC. I can't see the PPP doing that so this is not going to work. I don't see this happening too.

3/ The present recount.
----This will only happen if the PNC decides that it is not worth it and that they should change course and allow a credible recount process to go forward. Then, miraculously, we will see the recount done in a few weeks. However, this latest 156 day timeline from PNC operative,Lowenfield, shows clearly that the PNC is sticking to their rig. They plan on just ruling illegally as they have been doing since, I think, Sep 2019, three months after the CCJ's decision. Since GeCON is working for the PNC then the only operation that will be allowed to progress is the one that results in the Mango fake numbers giving victory to the PNC. I predict that there will be no recount that leads to true and credible results. Some delay, disruption, rig, will happen time and again in the process to stymie everything. I don't see a recount happening unless, as I said, the PNC comes to their senses and change course. Other than that, GeCON will have to fire Lowenfield, Myers, Mango and some others to get a credible results.

So where does that leave us? Sanctions and/or civil war or live like the 70s and 80s. My view is that the people now are not going to stand for slavery. If sanctions are slow to get the PNC slavemasters out then there will be local resistance which will mushroom into full blown civil war.
It remains to be seen just how Covid-19 will affect the entire scenario but, if anything, it would probably just delay the inevitable.

Maybe everything I have written here is wrong but that's how I see it. I think it's best if the country is partitioned because both PPP and PNC look to be standing their ground.

EDIT: One thing I forgot is that the US could possibly invade Guyana to protect its oil interests. It would stop a civil war for the time being.

B16JP587S 2020-04-10 15:56:27 

In reply to B16JP587S

Soon after writing the above post I thought of something else. I think this, below, is a fair and workable plan. And can save the country from major heartaches.

How about this solution? Since the PPP/C won this election they get to rule for the next five years.No dissent or hemming and hawing about this because that were the rules the parties entered the elections with.
But during this five years while the PPP/C is ruling all the terms and modalities of Shared Governance will be worked out with the parties, civil society, trade union orgs, the recommendations of the man in the street, and all the peoples and organizations, and probably ideas from foreign countries as well until a solid agreement and procedure are decided upon by consensus . This will then be made into law and the constitution changed to reflect this new direction. Then after 5 years of the PPP rule we slide (hopefully without a ripple) into the new era of Shared Governance. I think this is absolutely fair.
Personally, I am not a big believer in shared governance or coalitions but since the idea is floating around I think this is the way to do it. Give the PPP their due! Give them their 5 years which they won! Use the 5 years to come up with a good Shared Governance plan. Use the five years to hopefully iron out the kinks and then proceed in 2025 to a govt of truly One People, One Nation, One Destiny.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-10 16:00:25 

In reply to B16JP587S

One People, One Nation, One Destiny.

Is that why we are in the present situation

We can not reward a criminal with a party

Jail!

B16JP587S 2020-04-10 16:03:10 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

I guess if shared governance is to work we would have to put aside the past.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-10 16:07:19 

In reply to B16JP587S

I am not buying into shared governance

Would we be in the situation if the PPP lost

Pnc has always been thugs. As reflected by their supporters here

Rule of law

Darkness 2020-04-10 16:22:41 

In reply to B16JP587S
I don't think that shared governance is the best Solution, we run tge risk of becoming a one party state.

I think guyana needs a federal system like the US and Canada, with each region mostly responsible for its own economy and governance, within the confines of the confederation.

B16JP587S 2020-04-10 17:45:44 

In reply to Darkness

I prefer the federal system too.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-10 23:01:17 

In reply to B16JP587S

I caught you stealing my fruits. But You managed to convince the system that I need to share my fruits

Let’s have an uprising. The only way. All means necessary

Jeremy 2020-04-11 09:43:19 

Now pnc/apnu wants giftland mall to turn around all their security cameras so no one can see when they try to picked the locks on the ballot containers.

These people trying all nonesense to rigged this election. They using the dummy polices to do their nasty business.