Dukes 2020-04-12 12:37:21 

Keemo Paul

Dukes 2020-04-12 13:03:04 

On being selected for 1st test

anandgb 2020-04-12 13:43:41 

In reply to Dukes

Nice

Norm 2020-04-12 13:59:20 

Very, very nice! Thanks for producing yet another interesting topic for discussion during this lock-down.

Keemo needs to develop his batting. You cannot just slog in every match and spend under an hour at the wicket. His bowling is quite good, but he needs to know when to try variations continuously and when to patiently work a batsman out.

BTW, I hope folks notice the beautiful sandy beaches along the Essequibo, including on Wakenaam Island. No blue water, but that dark red-brown fresh water is probably even more refreshing!

Dukes 2020-04-12 14:26:44 

In reply to Norm

Keemo Paul is a rare talent.He produced one of the best spells of swing bowling by a West Indian fast bowler against England last year on day 1 of the 3rd test in St Lucia.With some luck he could have taken 5 wickets.At the time I documented it.He is still only 22 years old and has the correct attitude that portends success.
I agree with your assessment of his batting.

Norm 2020-04-12 14:55:35 

Keemo is liked very much by his Delhi Capitals teammates and fans. They retained him without a fuss, while releasing Sherfane. When India visited the Caribbean recently, you could see the camaraderie between Keemo and his Delhi teammates, including Shreyas, Pant, etc.

Narper 2020-04-12 15:23:15 

I agree with you guys regarding his batting.

But my main concern however is the frequent injuries for a 22 year old...whether they are minor or not.

Mainly for this reason he has been in and out of the team....it seems he is constantly fighting for a place in the playing XI...

the team selectors are not helping either....sometimes one match in and one match out even when he is fit.

Keemo will go far if he remains grounded and continue to be surrounded by people who love him.