The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CWI made the right move at the right time

sgtdjones 2020-04-16 16:03:10 

CWI made the right move at the right time

I remember Richard Pybus very well. He was the arrogant Englishman with South African roots that was hired in 2013 by the Wycliffe “Dave” Cameron administration of Cricket West Indies (CWI) to be the Director of Cricket. I remember Cameron very well. He was the president of Cricket West Indies who believed that his office plus his directors from the other territories, were more important than the players that represented the cricketing nation of the West Indies (WI).

These two men trashed WI cricket which all right-minded people knew had to be rescued as its downward slide was becoming rapid. There was a collective sigh of relief by all and sundry when Pybus did not renew his three-year contract in 2016. But in February 2018 he was back! Cameron brought back Pybus as high-performance director. One of his job functions was to advise and assist the selection committee. Here is a man with little cricket pedigree, no experience or knowledge of West Indian culture, yet after three years of crumbling WI cricket with poor direction and a bad attitude to players, he was brought back by Cameron in a higher position. Pybus had done little for the improvement of WI cricket!

POINT 2020-04-20 14:40:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

I am in total agreement with your perspective . In a nutshell ,

THE ARROGANCE OF THOSE IN CHARGE

DEVASTATED WEST INDIES CRICKET ;

THE QUESTION NOW IS WHETHER THOSE

NOW IN THE GOVERNANCE RECOGNIZE

THIS FREAKING FACT , AND ARE

PREPARED TO ADDRESS THIS ATTITUDE .

Time will inform us all regarding
this Attitude .

Drapsey 2020-04-20 15:35:55 

In reply to sgtdjones

I remember Richard Pybus very well. He was the arrogant Englishman with South African roots that was hired in 2013 by the Wycliffe "Dave" Cameron administration of Cricket West Indies (CWI) to be the Director of Cricket. I remember Cameron very well. He was the president of Cricket West Indies who believed that his office plus his directors from the other territories, were more important than the players that represented the cricketing nation of the West Indies (WI).

So who is the I person?

I hope it's not a Tit, because that would invalidate any argument put forward if it's only because of the (perceived) inherent bias towards the Big IDIOT, and by extension, Pybus, his hiree.

Chrissy 2020-04-20 16:56:15 

In reply to sgtdjones

Who wrote this? The author must buy some guts.