The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: CHRIS GAYLE JOINS ST LUCIA ZOUKS

CaribbeanCricket.com 2020-04-22 15:41:55 

The St Lucia Zouks have signed Chris Gayle as their marquee player for the 2020 Hero Caribbean Premier League. Gayle has played for the Jamaica Tallawahs and St Kitts & Nevis Patriots in the past. He has won the CPL title twice with the Tallawahs and played in the final with the Patriots in 2017. 

Gayle is the leading T20 run scorer of all time as well as the man with the most centuries in the format. He is also the leading CPL run scorer of all time, having made 2,344 runs at the tournament. 

Commenting on Gayle arriving at the Zouks, captain Daren Sammy said: “This is great news for St Lucia Zouks and for me as a captain to have the universe boss on my side. Chris is one of the most successful T20 batsmen in the world and with his experience with our young openers, a lot can be learnt from Chris. 

Full Story

Drapsey 2020-04-22 16:01:10 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Commenting on Gayle arriving at the Zouks, captain Daren Sammy said: "This is great news for St Lucia Zouks and for me as a captain to have the universe boss on my side. Chris is one of the most successful T20 batsmen in the world and with his experience with our young openers, a lot can be learnt from Chris".

$ammy the diplomat playing it safe.

I like!