In reply to Chrissy

Post removed - no racism tolerated here

imusic 2020-04-28 23:33:33 

In reply to silver

Worst thing is blacks who grew up poorly and now have a little money

WTF??? shock

Jumpstart 2020-04-28 23:40:25 

In reply to Chrissy

Too late for that. BBC covering the thing now. Sarwan and the owner will probably have to respond.

Cricket_101 2020-04-28 23:57:02 

In reply to Jumpstart

The Gayle saga should elicit a response...

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 01:35:46 

In reply to Chrissy

Ronnie should say a word. Remember when they wanted end his career over the "Indians only" cricket match that he refused to play in?

Chrissy 2020-04-29 01:40:38 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The response must come from the owners.
To go on a rant insulting the man's name (which is Sarwan and not Sars) was beyond the pale.
Very disappointing

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 01:48:37 

In reply to Chrissy

There are deeper issues at play here Chrissy.

He should not have given the owner of the JT's a pass...

imusic 2020-04-29 02:24:41 

Dem good yes

imusic 2020-04-29 02:26:20 

Has a West Indian cricketer ever made a public appearance in the hometown of one of the leaders of the other party?

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 02:46:23 

In reply to imusic

Has a West Indian cricketer ever made a public appearance in the hometown of one of the leaders of the other party?

What do you mean?

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 03:04:36 

In reply to imusic

Bravo appeared on a UNC platform during the 2015 elections in a yellow shirt. Lara went as Rowley's special envoy to dominica following the hurricane. But its TT and yuh will only get cuss for doing crapon the feild(DJ has had his fair share of cuss Re 2017 CPL FINALS). The politics, while fractious, is not as toxic as in Guyana. Which is why i thought gayle should have excercised some due dilligence especially as Guyana has been in a virtual election campaign since the vote of no confidence.

Jeremy 2020-04-29 03:13:28 

In reply to Larr Pullo

This is why demerara cricket board anand sanasie do not like sarwan because he refuse to play in the all indian match.

Lots of indo guyanese turn on sarwan for refusing to play in the indian arrival cricket match. This match was hosted as an indian arriver emancipation day for indians in guyana.

I still support sarwan even though he should have played the match. shiv played the match.

Any black guyanese players would have played a match for black emancipation day.

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 03:33:05 

In reply to Jeremy

Any black guyanese players would have played a match for black emancipation day.

Of course since there was NEVER a "black only" cricket match put on for "black emancipation day" we can assume this is your attempt at setting up a straw man.

Runs 2020-04-29 03:37:28 

Brawn but no brains, proves super athletes are not necessarily smart lol

Baje 2020-04-29 17:21:14 

In reply to Larr Pullo

There are deeper issues at play here Chrissy.

He should not have given the owner of the JT's a pass...

Hence the need to blame Sarwan. Put Russell in an uncomfortable position. Slander Jeff, throw some mud on Floyd. All the while bending over to avoid attacking the person who really let him go, the owner of the team. If the owner wanted Gayle there, then Gayle would be there.

Dukes 2020-04-29 19:47:36 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Gayle said that in 1996,he was rooming with Ronnie and Ronnie complained to management that Gayle had the TV on all night and he (Ronnie) could not sleep so management dropped him (Gayle)
Here are the FACTS
1st youth test at SABINA PARK
1st Innings.-----------------2nd Innings
Clarke 11-------------------Clarke 6
Wavell 0------------------Wavell. 57
Garrick 7-----------------Garrick 64
Chattergoon 69----------Chatter- 40
Gayle 11------------------Gayle 28
Sarwan 62---------------Sarwan 5
If you had to drop 1 person who would you drop???

2nd Test at Kensington Oval
1st Innings-----------2nd Innings
Clarke 66----------Clarke 5
Garrick 30---------Garrick 54
Wavell 0-----------Wavell 0
Hanif 51----------Hanif 100*
Sarwan 102--------Sarwan 20
Chattergoon 0------Chattergoon 100

3rd Test at Bourda
1st Innings--------2nd Innings
Clarke 8----------Clarke 33
Garrick 77--------Garrick 24
Hanif 44----------Hanif 13
Wavell 20---------Wavell 68
Sarwan 7---------Sarwan 39
Chattergoon 0----Chatters 10

When these matches were played both Wavell and Ronnie had already made their first class debuts so would have been regarded as senior batsmen even though Ronnie was the youngest of the group.Even Garrick played for Jamaica before Gayle.
Based on these scores it was entirely appropriate to drop Gayle after the first match at his homeground, Sabina Park.His replacement Hanif then scored 51 and 100 thus shutting Gayle out from the team.Shirley Clarke who had been scoring a bucket full of runs for Barbados was an opener and Gayle was batting at # 5 so that even though Clarke failed it would have been highly unusual to drop him for his hometown match and promote somebody to open who had also failed.
The red herring about all night TV therefore can be put to bed.

What is amazing is that Gayle is 40 years old and Sarwan 39 and he is talking about when they were 17 and 16 years respectively.

Chrissy 2020-04-29 19:54:02 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I know - more Guyana politics - I don't know why these light head cricketers don't avoid the stupid politicians on all sides

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 20:12:32 

In reply to Dukes

What is amazing is that Gayle is 40 years old and Sarwan 39 and he is talking about when they were 17 and 16 years respectively.

Look at Jordan and Isiah still fighting about a series end that happened close to 30 years ago. lol

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 20:26:31 

In reply to Chrissy

I was saying the exact same thing.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-04-29 20:28:31 

In reply to Chrissy

It is easy to say stay away from politics but clever politicians target and manipulate them

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 20:40:58 

In reply to Chrissy

I don't know why these light head cricketers don't avoid the stupid politicians on all sides

The question I asked is, why can't Gayle freely make an appearance without being slandered by Political party? What certain people not supposed to have heroes? The allegations made by Gayle, if true - and I don't doubt that they are because it is in keeping with the PPP/c MO, does not bode well for an entire segment of the population of Guyana if there were to be a change in Government.

Barry 2020-04-29 22:21:09 

In reply to Runs

What shit you talking? confused

doosra 2020-04-29 22:32:17 

In reply to Larr Pullo

but Jordan and Isaih were killing each other for years...these 2 chaps were sorta mushy mushy big grin

doosra 2020-04-29 22:33:21 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Some people are friends and family with the politicians...they are not strangers in many instances ie and they benefit big time from that association...i say no more

sudden 2020-04-29 23:01:03 

And we wonder why these donnas were called prima

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 23:19:32 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Larr that is rubbish and you know it. You admitted that GT's politics is a cespool. Polarized in the extreme. Gayle would have known that guyana has been in election mode since the vote of no confidence. He should have excercised some discretion and fore thought. Bet yuh if the PNP and the JLP was still trying to blast each other away, he would never take the risk. And guyana politics as bad as de yard own then minus the violence

TheTrail 2020-04-29 23:29:03 

Yup, Sarwan should zip it and let the self-absorbed and the looney tunes do the talking.

doosra 2020-04-30 01:08:50 

at this rate a lot of ppl is gonna be asked to 'dont say a word'

so far

Jason
Sarwan
Reifer
Bravo

who next? big grin

carl0002 2020-04-30 01:57:20 

How much did money did Gayle get to make that appearance in Guyana?

Runs 2020-04-30 02:58:25 

In reply to Barry

Fact pal coolNo wonder they got their %^## cut thug behavior

sudden 2020-04-30 12:49:18 

In reply to Runs

See why we were never consistent - mad men masquerading as cricketers

Runs 2020-04-30 13:02:59 

In reply to sudden

It is mindboggling bro I am embarrassed that guys with characters such as this were representing us.
Thugs, this guy is demonstrating and saying how he will use weapons in a public freaking video. shock am speaking about the Ikon by the way.
Might need a visit from law enforcement

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 17:37:05 

In reply to Runs

These guys (Gayle & Samuels) were poison in every fcuking team they represented. Unprofessional, low class, and downright lazy.

You could never have a healthy team environment with these clowns in it.

sudden 2020-04-30 17:39:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

And now we can fully understand why

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 17:43:51 

In reply to sudden

It serves Sarwan right and good for getting involved and being "friends" with these fcuking clowns.

Now the clowns can't mek a likkle easy lickit cricket money anymore and them throwing dem "friend" Sarwan off the cliff. lol

Runs 2020-04-30 17:46:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

All the same, lucky they had talent or would have been nobodies.

sudden 2020-04-30 17:49:30 

In reply to SnoopDog

He was warned and he threw his lot in with them. He deserves wha he gets

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 17:51:36 

In reply to Runs

All the same, lucky they had talent or would have been nobodies.

They are nobodies. Why you think they're getting on like they are at the moment?

Their careers are over and no one wants to pay them a little money to lick ball for 10 minutes.

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 17:54:23 

In reply to sudden

He was warned and he threw his lot in with them. He deserves wha he gets

Exactly! As they would say in Guyana "Good fuh he skunt".

Runs 2020-04-30 17:58:48 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 18:06:53 

In reply to Runs

You have to feel sorry for every captain and every coach who had to put up with those two clowns.

Man seh Bennett King asked him to run 20 laps and nearly killed him and he can bat better than the batting coach. lol

Runs 2020-04-30 20:08:36 

In reply to SnoopDog

I shall refrain from using any adjectives lest I be called a “racist” lol

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 20:22:34 

In reply to Runs

Stuuupes. You have time fuh Fullashyte?

The question is - which T20 franchise owner will now want to risk having this Universe Idiot in their team after this drama? How much runs can he possibly make that will make up for all the unprofessionalism, indiscipline, and poisoned work environment he will bring with him?

Runs 2020-04-30 20:37:13 

In reply to SnoopDog

Kohli will have him hired as a batting coach in the IPL

SnoopDog 2020-04-30 20:38:41 

In reply to Runs

Kohli will have him hired as a batting coach in the IPL

Mindian IPL bookies are licking their lips Bro. lol

Khaga 2020-05-01 10:46:52 

In reply to Runs

Kohli fired his ass ..You Caribbean rascals foisted this clown upon the Universe..

nitro 2020-05-02 00:28:06 

A Pedigree like Sarwan should never mix with mongrels. I said it when that Flamingo influenced him at Bina in 2004.

He never learns.

Chrissy 2020-05-02 16:37:25 

In reply to Jumpstart

Gayle would have known that guyana has been in election mode since the vote of no confidence. He should have excercised some discretion and fore thought.

Deading wid laff - you don't seriously believe dis do you?

JahJah 2020-05-03 23:33:54 

When the white man was told he could no longer use the n-word, he latched on to the word 'thug'.

I keep telling unnu to keep dem eyes wide open. cool

Verstehen 2020-05-04 04:17:07 

In reply to JahJah

When the white man was told he could no longer use the n-word, he latched on to the word 'thug'.

Notable sentiment.

And yet here you are in another thread saying:

Allyuh have time to waste responding to all these insecure bitches from di East?

Link 1

Wassamatter now that the 'C' word can't be used we're latching on to "bitches from di East"?
lol lol

anandgb 2020-05-04 04:35:47 

In reply to Verstehen

lol lol lol lol

JahJah 2020-05-06 02:24:39 

In reply to Verstehen

East...ern Caribbean...or rather east of Jamaica, who out on the other side with Cuba and Hispanola. rolleyes

...since I would need to include Fuzzy and dem Bajans who trying to justify Beckles bullshit likening certain people to Dudus. Silver is from either LI or WWI from what I remember. Don't even know who cricketfreak is.

Thanks for stopping by, and next time exercise better critical thinking skills before you jump in. I believe in you.

Oh, and when yu get a chance tell Harbie and dat liad Tendulkar that we know is not Maahkie but monkey...even though a certain esteemed man neva romp to seh Kaf***...since is dat road yu want to trod.
big grin rolleyes

JahJah 2020-05-06 02:25:11 

In reply to anandgb

Get Verstehen help you wipe that egg off yu face now.

Verstehen 2020-05-06 07:37:04 

In reply to JahJah

Yeah now we come up with the post facto justifications.

Anyway man.

And Harbie was a liar, SRT's role dubious- I don't claim otherwise.

JahJah 2020-05-06 13:00:58 

In reply to Verstehen

How you made the leap you did is on you and you only, and shows how much you actually know.

It didn't make any sense. Are you saying all di ones chiming in like silver, fuzzy, sudden etc etc are...?

Try harder next time.

Oh by the way, there is already a name for the group (Commie coined it, I believe) that contains Jeremy and certain others who say that if it were the 'other group' that had lost the election they would display their animal nature.

I'm pretty sure you saw that thread. So we're animals and thugs. We get it. We get it. Tell us more about how you, anand others feel.
big grin

Barry 2020-05-06 13:18:30 

This thread is disgusting confused

Verstehen 2020-05-06 13:53:16 

In reply to JahJah

I make no leaps. I state what I observe.

I observed first of all discrepancies in your comments - which you are trying to get out of. I think we both know that what I postulated was correct. But if you’re denying it, ok we can move on.

I observe second of all your consistent and passionate defence of all things Jamaican - admirable quality but taken to the extremes sometimes (in my opinion. Example - your defence many years ago of a Jamaican music artist whose lyrics were shockingly misogynistic and riddled with violence. I’ve forgotten the name but I think you may recall?). In short I think you’re doing it again.

And I’m observing that you’re putting words in my mouth. I detest racism in any form. I would never equate a race to a generality far less demeaning anyone by using the terms thug etc. That is all you. Look in the mirror, you may be kinder to others.

JahJah 2020-05-06 14:30:14 

In reply to Verstehen

I make no leaps. I state what I observe.

Get new radars.

I observed first of all discrepancies in your comments - which you are trying to get out of. I think we both know that what I postulated was correct. But if you’re denying it, ok we can move on.

Listen. Hold the L like a man. You were wrong. End of story. You're upset because you look foolish. I'm Jamaican. I doh hide and talk. I will tell you straight up how I feel with no apologies.

I observe second of all your consistent and passionate defence of all things Jamaican - admirable quality but taken to the extremes sometimes (in my opinion. Example - your defence many years ago of a Jamaican music artist whose lyrics were shockingly misogynistic and riddled with violence. I’ve forgotten the name but I think you may recall?). In short I think you’re doing it again.

Defence? It seems like you may not know what a defence is. You'll need to explain what you think a defence is. I certainly know the difference between an uncouth person and a thug, which is the basis of my objection to the label. You know different??

Do find out the name of the artiste and tell me how I defended him. Doh jus throw it out there with no explanation. I'm already skeptical of your understanding of 'defence'.

Let me point out that saying "yes OJ got away, but it's funny how Whites ignore all those who got away before and after," is not a defence of OJ. It's calling out hypocrisy, and the way they make OJ the poster boy for getting away with murder.

And with that said, and back to the "defending all things Jamaican," I would love to see where you see me defending Gayle's actions. By what? Objecting to thug label? That's it??

And I’m observing that you’re putting words in my mouth. I detest racism in any form. I would never equate a race to a generality far less demeaning anyone by using the terms thug etc. That is all you. Look in the mirror, you may be kinder to others.

Nothing to do with me. It's all you because you fail to deal with the coded language and seek to be deflect.

Verstehen 2020-05-07 06:27:08 

In reply to JahJah

Listen. Hold the L like a man. You were wrong. End of story. You're upset because you look foolish. I'm Jamaican. I doh hide and talk. I will tell you straight up how I feel with no apologies

On the one hand you claim that racists equate the 'thug' word with a race; on the other YOU demand exemption for some reason when you think you are clever enough to use "bitches from the east" in your ranting?

Why should the same standard not be applied to you? I doubt you even get the irony. \

Instead you go for the grandiose statements, such as "I'm Jamaican. I doh hide and talk". What utter nonsense.

At some time I think you have become the very thing you combat. Bitter, quick to take offence, and ready to indulge in the same tactics you accuse in others.

And as for the singer - the man who ranted against gays in Jamaica, inciting violence against them in his lyrics (and who apologized years later). The guy you defended, because he was Jamaican.

You are no one to talk. If there are racists on this board, you should be the last person making those allegations.

JahJah 2020-05-07 12:12:08 

In reply to Verstehen

And as for the singer - the man who ranted against gays in Jamaica, inciting violence against them in his lyrics (and who apologized years later). The guy you defended, because he was Jamaican.

Who? Name him and name the incident. Anyone can say what you're saying. What you offer is not evidence. Here, let me do the same. You defend racists all the time, especially if they are from India. Can't remember their names right now. See how I did that?

On the one hand you claim that racists equate the 'thug' word with a race; on the other YOU demand exemption for some reason when you think you are clever enough to use "bitches from the east" in your ranting?

Thug being attributed to black people joins 'ghetto'. This is not a secret. Have you been living under a rock? What is a secret is how YOU attribute bitches from the the east with race. That's a reach that would make Mr Fantastic proud. How you turned a thread that was shaping up to be a 'Let's attack Jamaicans' into one about race is quite hilarious. Is that you Jeremy?

You are no one to talk. If there are racists on this board, you should be the last person making those allegations.

Nope. I can make those allegations all day because unlike you, I know the difference between racism and xenophobia. You clearly don't! You're conflating nationality and race.

That aside, me pointing out racism and me wishing black people would realise what's going on as it pertains to them is tantamount to being racist? You're clueless. Again, is Jeremy your other handle?

You lack basic critical thinking skills. Again, this Jamaican, like most, doh hide and talk. For better or worse I don't hide my feelings. If you guessed right about what I said, I would be the first "Glad yu know. Done talk!"

I explained what I meant by what I said (on a nationality themed thread) since you didn't get it. Instead of saying "Oh, my bad," you double down like Trump.

Look. You were wrong. Take the L like a man.

Verstehen 2020-05-07 13:59:02 

In reply to JahJah

I think we’re done here - unlikely to agree.

Go well.

JahJah 2020-05-07 14:05:23 

In reply to Verstehen

I think we’re done here - unlikely to agree.

No shit, ninja. big grin

But just some food for thought: Samuels vs Bravo certainly has nothing to do with race. Next time consider ALL the factors.

Take care... wink

Verstehen 2020-05-07 14:17:19 

In reply to JahJah

Salut smile