The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

This is where the Gayle saga began

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 01:33:28 

Charles Ramson Jr, a candidate for the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C), has been sent a lawyer’s letter on behalf of international cricketer Chris Gayle, who has asked that he retract statements made about him at a political campaign meeting.

Ramson’s statements, which concern a visit made by Gayle to Linden during the People’s National Congress Reform’s celebration of its 62nd anniversary, were made at a January 30th public meeting at Alberttown.

If only politics could be kept separate from sport. It's sad that Gayle got sucked into this melee.

Jeremy 2020-04-29 04:43:18 

In reply to Larr Pullo

This situation is different from the cricket issues.

gayle omission from the jamaica tallawah is about cricket and business.

Jeremy 2020-04-29 04:45:01 

i don't want sarwan name to be drag into the mud and be painted as a racist. sarwan is not a racist. The guy trying to make a living for himself with his cricket knowledge.

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 04:47:57 

In reply to Jeremy

Maybe....but it could also be politics at play. The owner is guyanese so you cannot say definitively that politics is not at play, especially when guyana is in the midsts of a political crisis. The country does not have an elected government. Persaud needs to address the matter because, either by design, or chance, that is the direction its going in

Jeremy 2020-04-29 05:11:23 

In reply to Jumpstart

chris persaud is a business man. i doubt wheater he will mix his business with politics. The guy purchase the tallawah to make money not for politics.

sarwan is their because of his cricket knowledge and to support his family financially not for politics.

gayle trying to set strive or false accusation.

gayle is a bad apple that's why Royal challenger bangalore from ipl dropped him too.

gayle wants to control the team.

camos 2020-04-29 13:09:20 

In reply to Jeremy

chris persaud is a business man. i doubt wheater he will mix his business with politics

but you are sure about this
gayle wants to control the team.

are you on the team?

uton 2020-04-29 13:11:28 

In reply to Jeremy

Let us be honest and state that Gayle is acting rather silly full stop.

hubert 2020-04-29 15:37:26 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I think you got it right.

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 15:38:46 

In reply to uton

He's acting like he usually acts. Remember his post rcb antics

Chrissy 2020-04-29 16:53:46 

In reply to Larr Pullo
Yep - and then he wouldn't celebrate the 40th birthday with the PPP.

Stay out of the politics peeps

Chrissy 2020-04-29 16:54:14 

In reply to camos

No he is PPP on steroids

openning 2020-04-29 17:06:16 

Will Jamaica be losing it franchise to Florida?

anthonyp 2020-04-29 17:13:01 

Here is Freddie Kissoon take on it..

I don’t know the facts behind the claim or accusation by cricket icon (and he is definitely one of the spectacular greats cricket has produced), Chris Gayle, that his contract with the Jamaica Tallawahs was not renewed because of vindictiveness involving party politics in Guyana.
It is difficult to arrive at conclusions without hearing the explanation from the owners and movers and shakers of the Tallawahs. Gayle’s version is that during the election campaign in February in Guyana, he was invited to join then Minister Joe Harmon at a meeting in Linden.That meeting was in fact a campaign event. Did he know he was participating in a campaign rally?
Shortly after the political event, Gayle issued an unambiguous statement denying support for Harmon’s party, the government of Guyana, or making any kind of political endorsement. That should have been the end of the matter. Now Gayle is making formidable accusations against the Tallawahs owner, Kris Persaud, and Tallawahs deputy coach, the famous ex-Guyanese star of West Indian cricket, Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Link Text

Larr Pullo 2020-04-29 21:02:15 

In reply to anthonyp

Gayle’s version is that during the election campaign in February in Guyana, he was invited to join then Minister Joe Harmon at a meeting in Linden.

If Freddy doesn't even know when the visit to Linden was made is anything else he has to say about this worth the paper it's printed on?

hubert 2020-04-29 23:40:04 

In reply to openning
From what I have been reading..that Franchise is toast in the Yard. The sooner they get out,the better
for all and it should not make the door hit them behind.

When they upset people like Russell by taking so many home games
to Florida and played before large number of Guyana supporters and nullified the home advantage,it was a sign that
the Guyanese owner was testing the site to relocate.

I do not follow this Franchise thing in the Caribbean as I did not support it from the outset for my own reasons, and has such does not
care one iota what happens to that cricket.
There have been too many changes to franchises in too short a time for me to think that the system is a success. .
Do the individual countries really benefit grossly as some claim they do ?
Unless I see forensic audits, I will maintain that the Islands and Guyana are being played.

But I know that any Franchise relocating and being based in the USA will not have it easy either ;for one
there will be no concessions to the Franchise unlike the Caribbean where some franchise depend on the country's government
for some bly in terms of some financial aid. Not so in a place like Lauderhill,Florida. You play there you pay because that City like
anyone in USA is in for the money and not as sponsors and they cannot take losses to burden their taxpayers.

Nevertheless for the good of all players I wish the system works for their benefit.

Does Jamaica really need a Franchise ? and will it work well without a majority of Jamaica's star talent involved ?

Khaga 2020-04-29 23:44:00 

Why doesn't any Jamaican business magnate step up and own the Franchise?

Jeremy 2020-04-30 00:56:43 

In reply to Khaga

jamaica do not have rich business man. Every thing in jamaica own by chinese and white.

openning 2020-04-30 02:06:04 

In reply to Jeremy

jamaica do not have rich business man. Every thing in jamaica own by chinese and white.

Are you telling the world, you have to be a certain colour, to be Jamaican?

camos 2020-04-30 02:26:23 

In reply to Jeremy

The Trini franchise is owned by a guy from Trinidad I take?

wink

Jumpstart 2020-04-30 14:51:44 

In reply to camos

No it isn't. Its owned by venky mysore. The co owner of kkr. SIS was the ownerx from 2013 to 2015 but then the ruling party then lost the Election and they stopped getting contracts. In 2016 mysore bought the team and callef them the knightriders. Kings XI bought zouks too.

Barry 2020-04-30 15:31:44 

In reply to camos

Say investment climate 3 times... big grin

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-04-30 23:27:32 

In reply to Larr Pullo

You are spinning your usual racist crap.

Chris shit on his tail and rub it in his own face.

Why the fuck did he go on as campaigner for APNU....Look what your apnu party is doing in guyana.

CG made a lame attempt to distant himself. Now he is a smiling hyena.

#nomoredhal4u

JahJah 2020-04-30 23:41:10 

jamaica do not have rich business man.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which idiot could really say the above?

JahJah 2020-04-30 23:43:16 

In reply to openning

Are you telling the world, you have to be a certain colour, to be Jamaican?

Oh, is that he getting at Michael Lee-Chin (a Jamaican who is one of the wealthiest in Canada) and Butch Stewart aren't Jamaican because of skin colour?

And last I checked, Lee-Chin is bi-racial/mixed.

JahJah 2020-04-30 23:44:00 

In reply to Dan_De_Dumbass

STFU bigot.

Trex 2020-05-01 00:34:36 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Charles Ramson Jr, a candidate for the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C), has been sent a lawyer’s letter on behalf of international cricketer Chris Gayle, who has asked that he retract statements made about him at a political campaign meeting.

Waiting for Sarwan to do the same to Gayle.....or is it Gayle has proof of Sarwan being a backstabbing snake? lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-01 01:47:34 

In reply to JahJah

Gayle just shit down his career and down your back fada ram

Go SUM it up