Andre Russell DONE with the tallawahs

navindesigns 2020-04-29 02:33:12 

Just announced he is DONE with the tallawahs

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 02:39:15 

In reply to navindesigns

Knightriders need to buy this guy if this is true

navindesigns 2020-04-29 02:48:26 

In reply to Jumpstart

he just announced it on his Instagram live. this is his last year with them (if CPL plays this year)

Jumpstart 2020-04-29 02:55:02 

In reply to navindesigns

Just saw it. Tallawahs propably done now. The relationship is untennable as ut standd and will become even more so as long as the owner refuses to say somthing. He should havr had a response prepared today

carl0002 2020-04-29 14:48:38 

Its funny how these guys will blow up there own thing at home over foolishness, yet will go ply their trade elsewhere in the world, sometimes without pay and endure worse.
shock shock

imusic 2020-04-29 15:01:45 

In reply to carl0002

Over foolishness? Maybe you don’t follow “lickit cricket” but Russell has been unhappy with Talawahs for a while now. Especially since they had to play matches in Florida.

Perhaps his leaving the Tallawahs has nothing at all to do with Gayle. Maybe it’s more to do with philosophical differences regarding team direction.

Whatever his reasons, he’s not the first to leave a team and won’t be the last.

Dukes 2020-04-29 15:15:57 

In reply to imusic

U R missing the bigger picture.The Tallawahs are now UNTENABLE.Do you really think the Jamaican public will support them?Gayle has POISONED the Jamaican public so that they will BOYCOTT them.When Gayle claimed that Sarwan said the team has too many Jamaicans and then attacked Powell for not telling him what was going on it made Powell look like he was in on the conspiracy to get rid of Gayle.Powell will now be viewed as a snitch.Gayle did praise Russell but Russell still felt that he was tainted so Powell will feel even more so.
I repeat that the TALLAWAHS DONE.The only thing that would save them is if the season is cancelled and new ownership take over before next year.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-04-29 15:38:34 

In reply to Dukes

They can move away from Jamaica maybe to Florida and survive.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-04-29 15:40:04 

In reply to imusic

Remember when they played warriors in Miami they had more guyanese supporters than Jamaica....that also upset Russell

Raggs 2020-04-29 15:46:01 

No man is bigger than a club/country/franchise.Jamaica Tallawah will exist and move forward without egotistical figures. Russell and Gayle are on an ego trip.
I'm from the Alex Ferguson school of thoughts.

Dukes 2020-04-29 15:50:59 

In reply to Raggs

I'm from the Alex Ferguson school of thoughts.

Unfortunately,the Jamaican public that attend cricket are not!!!!!

hubert 2020-04-29 15:52:54 

In reply to Dukes
Man you in good form

lol lol lol

navindesigns 2020-04-29 15:57:05 

this team needs a new owner

lets all pool up and buy, it will go on sale for cheap

Dukes 2020-04-29 16:01:53 

In reply to hubert

I man deal wid reality!!!
SEEN!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Dukes 2020-04-29 16:04:16 

In reply to navindesigns

Ah gat $50 Million J.How much you putting up?? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

carl0002 2020-04-29 16:46:12 

In reply to imusic

You right, I don't watch CPL but one has to wonder if the Franchise was locally owned, would Russell be abandoning ship so quickly and publicly despite whatever issues he may have? There are several other Jamaicans on the squad. Did Russel and Gayle give a thought to the effect it have on the other players to eat a food as they can trapeze the world playing licket cricket while them local boys don't have that luxury.

imusic 2020-04-29 16:51:04 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Remember when they played warriors in Miami they had more guyanese supporters than Jamaica....that also upset Russell

Exactly. Not just upset. Highly upset. If I not mistaken he even spoke about leaving then in his frustration

granite 2020-04-29 16:52:21 

In reply to Dukes
Yuh talking bout Guyaneez dollars,if so I'll beat that.

smile

imusic 2020-04-29 16:53:44 

In reply to carl0002

one has to wonder if the Franchise was locally owned, would Russell be abandoning ship so quickly and publicly despite whatever issues he may have?

That’s a very valid point.

All I know is Rusell was extremely upset about those games in Forida. That may have been his tipping point.

vsingh 2020-04-29 17:19:08 

In the end whatever is left of this it's the Jamaican public that loves Cricket will be the ones losing out because it's not far fetched if Kris Persaud wants to move the franchise to Florida with a new name.

After all CPL intent is to open up the US market and the record shows more Guyanese passionate about their Cricket more than any other Caribbean nations living in the US or Canada, add to that the owner is a Guyanese. It would make perfect Business sense to make the move now.

anthonyp 2020-04-29 17:34:52 

In reply to Dukes

Maybe the poster with that fancy porch with the view and the Makita tools could buy the franchise? Small change for him big grin

imusic 2020-04-29 17:51:02 

In reply to vsingh

After all CPL intent is to open up the US market and the record shows more Guyanese passionate about their Cricket more than any other Caribbean nations living in the US or Canada, add to that the owner is a Guyanese. It would make perfect Business sense to make the move now.

We like to say players mercenary and greedy etc.....but it appears as if Russell takes great pride in representing JAMAICA.....even if it’s a franchise.

So when they play “home games” in Florida and the fans in the stand substantially cheer more for the opposition than the “home team”, it’s pretty upsetting to those “home” players.

It was the same when the Buffalo Bills played exhibition games in Toronto. Not that the Toronto fans were cheering for the other team, but the players had no connection to the location....even though most of them are not from Buffalo. The NFL even considered playing regular season games in Toronto to “expand” the league. The Bills mixed that.

Same with playing NFL games in London, England and Mexico. The players don’t like it but the league will do what it feels it needs to do. They just pay the players extra.

That paying players extra not happening in CPL

openning 2020-04-29 18:14:29 

In reply to imusic
The NFL has been trying to grow the game for decades.
We in Canada love our teams, even with a few locals on the roster.
Bro, I dont know how many Calgarians are on the Flames or Stampeders teams, but the support is great.
Gayle being so outspoken reminds me of walking the street in my village, and a woman say, "do they feed people in Canada, he look so starve out".
No filter, no respect for anyone
The team could had handle Chris situation different, but for him to include Sarwan, Powell, Andre and Reifer in public, speak more about.
Chrissy's post asking Sarwan not to respond to Chris, show share class of the Prof.

solidrock 2020-04-29 18:36:53 

People live at peace a few months and foolishness then comes into the mix again. evil

imusic 2020-04-29 18:49:53 

In reply to openning

Gayle has an ego....that much is clear.

I don’t agree with him venting his issues publicly.....especially how he talked about Sarwan....no matter their differences

This was a much more PERSONAL attack than his previous outbursts.

It started off “harmless” enough....but then quickly went downhill.

openning 2020-04-29 19:01:58 

In reply to imusic
That was his intention, with the three clips.
It is unfortunate.

Trex 2020-05-02 03:11:42 

In reply to imusic

We like to say players mercenary and greedy etc.....but it appears as if Russell takes great pride in representing JAMAICA.....even if it’s a franchise.

So when they play “home games” in Florida and the fans in the stand substantially cheer more for the opposition than the “home team”, it’s pretty upsetting to those “home” players.

Imagine playing at a so called "home" ground only to see that there is no home field advantage. Many of the Jamaican players complained bitterly about those matches played in Florida.

Wally-1 2020-05-02 10:24:36 

In reply to Trex

Imagine playing at a so called "home" ground only to see that there is no home field advantage. Many of the Jamaican players complained bitterly about those matches played in Florida.

Players sign a contract to play cricket not to run the franchise day to day operations. If they want to make those decisions go buy a franchise, screw them.

Trex 2020-05-02 15:49:52 

In reply to Wally-1

Players sign a contract to play cricket not to run the franchise day to day operations. If they want to make those decisions go buy a franchise, screw them.

" screw the players mentality' will be an important difference between establishing a sports franchise like the LA Lakers....and the Jamaica Tallawahs.

Keep screwing the players and you will see that the players will demand more money because of less favourable playing conditions of being constantly screwed.

In other words...in 2020 you cannot build a successful franchise using the old Master and Servant anology to "screw the players"

Halliwell 2020-05-02 17:16:19 

In reply to Trex

Yep right on