The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sarwan responds..

anthonyp 2020-04-30 19:31:31 

For all who got social media here is the link to the statement issued by him..

Link

anthonyp 2020-04-30 19:38:37 

Here is the link to Ronnie Sarwan offical facebook page where he posted the statement

Link

navindesigns 2020-04-30 19:39:42 

RAMNARESH SARWAN SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT
Christopher Gayle’s outburst disseminated via a YouTube video a few days ago, is quite unfortunate. In that video, he has leveled false allegations and tarnished the good name and reputation of a series of persons.
I was the focus of most of the onslaughts. I reply, not because I feel that Gayle’s rantings are worthy of it, but because I feel that the public’s record must be set straight and also, to protect the character and careers of so many people, whose image he sought to besmirch.
No doubt, Gayle’s utterances has done immeasurable damage to the “gentleman’s game” of cricket, in particular, West Indian cricket. As a former International Cricketer, who had the privilege of donning West Indian colours, I feel compelled to speak in defence of this great sport which has unified the Caribbean more than anything else over the past 50 years.
It is my sincere hope that Gayle’s damnation has not irreparably damage the unity and brotherhood which cricket has forged across the West Indies.
Let me make it abundantly clear, that I have played with Gayle from the inception of my international career and I have always respected him as an extraordinary talent, a colleague and most importantly, a close friend. Hence, my utter shock by these scandalous allegations. He was welcomed in and is loved by, my immediate family. He has hurt them terribly. Fans will recall, that when Ian Chappell called for Gayle to be banned from international cricket because of remarks he made to a female journalist, I issued a public call for fans to rally around Gayle.
I stood up for him on every such occasion. But this missive is not about that.
Gayle refers to an incident as far back as 24 years ago, of which I have no recollection. He claimed that I caused him to be sent home from Barbados during a tour, because he was watching television all night in the room which I shared with him. This is a total fabrication. No competent management would remove from a series, a player of Chris’s caliber, on such a trivial allegation.
I categorically deny any involvement in the decision or the decision-making process, which led to Gayle’s non-selection to represent the Jamaica Tallawahs in the 2020
Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Tournament. In fact, the management of the franchise itself has issued a public statement that, “the truth is that this decision was made collectively by the Ownership and Management team which did not include Mr. Ramnaresh Sarwan and based purely on business and cricketing reasoning.”
I have been officially attached to the Jamaica Tallawahs since 2018. I was first offered to play for the side. I refused, because I felt that young and upcoming Jamaican and regional talents as well as overseas players, ought to be given that opportunity. I was then offered the position
of Head Coach but deferred to Mark O’Donnell, who was with the team several years prior. Instead, I accepted the position of Assistant Coach. In 2019, I was appointed Head Coach. I reached out to Chris and discussed with him, the selection of a team. I did so out of respect for
him.
In my conversation with Gayle about the team, he informed me that Donovan Miller, a Jamaican and a very close friend of Chris should be appointed Head Coach as he would better understand the culture of the Jamaican players. I conveyed Gayle’s view to the CEO, informing the CEO that I would be happy to step aside for Miller’s appointment given that Chris feels strongly about his appointment.
My priority was what would be in the best interest of the team. Gayle is fully aware of the background, yet he accuses me of fighting to be Head Coach.
I accept full responsibility for my recommending that the team management consider imposing a curfew on players prior to matches. And I stand by that decision. Such restrictions are standard operational procedures in almost every international sport, so that when it is time for performance on the field, the players are physically and mentally prepared for the
challenges.
In any event, the curfew was never implemented, so I do not understand why Gayle has made this an issue. I absolutely reject Gayle’s allegation that I encouraged foreign players to disrespect him. I really do not understand how he came to such a conclusion and this simply is not true.
My deep concern, is that young and upcoming players who regard Gayle as a role model, may think that this is an acceptable way of addressing problems which may befall them in their careers.
To the cricketing world and cricketing fans everywhere, more particularly, West Indian cricket fans, all of whom I love and respect dearly in particular those in my home country of Guyana and Jamaica who have always supported me throughout my career, I express my deep regret on this unfortunate saga and I hope that it will lower neither Gayle nor I, in their estimation.
I thank all those who have conveyed their support to me and rallied around me during this unfortunate turn of events and take the opportunity to wish Chris all the best with his new team and the upcoming CPL.
Respectfully,
Ramnaresh Sarwan

sudden 2020-04-30 19:48:43 

Not a bad reply, Sars. One grammatical faux pas ( in the first Facebook post) but that is a big man response and should be the end of the matter from your stand point.

Sounds like Dukes drafted that big grin

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-04-30 19:51:38 

In reply to navindesigns

Well done

Dukes 2020-04-30 19:54:04 

In reply to sudden

R U suggesting that Dukes made only 1 grammatical faux pas in such a long article???

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Cardiac 2020-04-30 19:57:47 

Very well written response. I hope that's the end of this. But...I seriously doubt that.

sudden 2020-04-30 19:58:06 

In reply to Dukes

No, I am suggesting the big man response sounds like u. The Facebook error was duly corrected it seems.

Nice one. That should be the end of that big grin

doosra 2020-04-30 19:59:20 

To the contrary I believe it was written by sarwan given the sentence structures used.

It's a decent reply and one that raises no further issues.

Dukes 2020-04-30 20:00:37 

In reply to sudden

K.I had nothing to do with the letter .

sudden 2020-04-30 20:01:32 

In reply to Dukes

Just kicksing, man big grin

Walco 2020-04-30 20:05:42 

In reply to sudden
That grammatical error was similar a batsman getting dropped early in his innings and then going on to make a century smile Sarwan obviously has matured a lot.

sudden 2020-04-30 20:09:28 

In reply to Walco

I wished he would have taken on board what Otis said to him instead of crying and hiding away

Khaga 2020-04-30 20:13:34 

Classy response to a market woman's rants..

Jumpstart 2020-04-30 20:22:30 

In reply to anthonyp

Ey sarwan was one of the better speakers in the team eh.....even tiger, he did learn to talk after a decade. Imagine in the 80s, the only prodigeous user of green verbs was viv

Jumpstart 2020-04-30 20:24:36 

In reply to sudden

Otis' situation has been dealt with already. He get a fat payout from the wicb

mikelegend 2020-04-30 20:30:02 

In reply to Khaga

Classy response to a market woman's rants..

You’ve been hanging around West Indians waaay too much

lol lol lol lol lol

Halliwell 2020-04-30 20:33:30 

SARS with his one faux pas and Jeremy with his one correct tense lol

sudden 2020-04-30 20:46:19 

In reply to Halliwell

Wuh loss muh belly

Walco 2020-04-30 21:12:59 

In reply to sudden
Dem fellas undermine Ottis bad bad bad and then start carrying feelings after Ottis tell dem F-off and Hilaire backed him.

anandgb 2020-05-01 02:48:04 

Well measured response.

Norm 2020-05-01 04:51:40 

Gayle having a hard time exiting from the game.

CricSham 2020-05-01 11:20:33 

Master stroke Ronnie! Like Gayle forgot your scintillating riposte, West Indian style, to that thug Glenn McGrath. But this response is at a different level. As we say, different strokes for different folks! Well done Sars. big grin

Trex 2020-05-01 12:32:03 

Sarwan is hiding. His response creates more questions.

Khaga 2020-05-01 12:33:18 

In reply to Trex

Are you doing pro bono consulting for the Universe Boos? lol

Trex 2020-05-01 12:43:55 

In reply to Khaga

Are you doing pro bono consulting for the Universe Boss?

Not all He can afford legal fees. lol

Khaga 2020-05-01 12:44:36 

In reply to Trex

Yes, he can..but, will he pay you for your MB defence? lol

WestDem 2020-05-01 14:45:40 

Ungrateful is the bottom line here... “feed a goat since he was a baby, tek away de food suddenly and belly start hutting “ the old truth! cool

WestDem 2020-05-01 14:47:08 

Shawn Finley!

velo 2020-05-01 15:05:35 

i'm so proud nobody brought race into this issue

Baje 2020-05-01 15:19:05 

In reply to Norm

Gayle having a hard time exiting from the game.

Gayle gets his feelings hurt too quickly and then run and cry.

WestDem 2020-05-01 15:23:48 

In reply to velo

Why would y’all think it’s always race and not victim rights? The biatch playing color game now he can’t match Sarwan financially..: maybe Sars have to give him a reparation package! lol

CricSham 2020-05-02 10:46:06 

In reply to WestDem
sadly, the issue of race almost always raises its ugly head in any issue of WI cricket. There are times when it may be relevant but this is certainly not one of them. Gayle is no longer the centre of attention and methinks therein lies the problem.
big grin

Khaga 2020-05-02 11:06:28 

In reply to velo

Gayle played the race card..I am surprised he didn't play the woman card.