The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Why Are These Guys Seen As Retards?

Raggs 2020-05-01 02:12:55 

Samuels went to Kingston College
Gayle to Excelsior College
Both are schools which you have to do 11 plus exams to get into.
Holding went to KC
Walsh attended Excelsior
They just gave their turn of events in their native tongues which sells the story better for Caribbean people to taste and divulge the product better.
If told in the Queen's English the narrative would sound boring to many on here. Proper but less amusing and entertaining.

openning 2020-05-01 02:30:25 

In reply to Raggs
You go on Youtube, Instagram or Facebook to speak in your native tongue?
Hillary got cussed for calling these guys out.

SnoopDog 2020-05-01 02:49:54 

In reply to Raggs

Listen Bro. These guys aren't your local area drug lords and car thieves. They are/were international cricketers representing their individual countries, regions, and professional clubs all over the world.

They are ambassadors and role models for young children, cricketers, and athletes.

When they go on a public platform like YouTube or Instagram their messages aren't confined to the subject matter and geographical region of their rants and raves. It goes out to the whole world.

Both Gayle and Samuels sound like petty bitter gutter rats in these rant videos. They continually refer to themselves in the third person as "Don", demand unearned respect from everyone else who they see as their underlings, and feel aggrieved when they were made to follow the rules or respect persons in authority like coaches, captains, and managers.

You see how Russell chose to speak in his video? No raw Jamaican patois, no vulgarity, no obscenity, no name calling, etc. He knows he still has a cricketing career and was careful to sound somewhat neutral and professional.

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 02:52:43 

In reply to Raggs

Samuels got a cricket scholarship to KC. Is clear de man didn't pass for there. Hoss, this is the same dude who told Holding's wife, who was giving him maths lessons, that test cricketers do not need education.....absurd. Education, especially the type as monotonous as the one offered here in the WI does not teach you to innovate, but it teaches you to be disciplined.
Is clear, firstly, that those two learned none of that. Gayle, almost always performed when the series was dead and buried in test cricket, until he got the captaincy....which is why you would see Lara come in at 3-2,10-2, 30-3etc. Samuels was in and out of the team and almost never performed period. The gap between samueld first test hundred and his second is about 7 years.....and the story is the same. Would get starts and then throw his wicket away. Contrast that with lara, who would wait out the period when the pitch was spicy, and then start to play shots when he felt things had flattened out. I remember Gayle taking on Pollock in the first over of an inningd. I think he hit him for three sixes, then got dismissed. Three sixes does not hekp the team's cause. Lara in 2003 was having problems versus ntini at the wanderers(a notoriously spicy wicket). And he decided that yhe bowling was too good for him to attack, and he stayed in the 0-30 range for most of the morning. Afterluch, he cut loose, reaching 190+ before the close of play. That is what a responsible player does. Gayle and Samuels in the test arena were the height of irresponsibility. Gayle settled down when he became cappo, but samuels continued to hold in to that 32+ average with pride

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 03:02:57 

In reply to SnoopDog

I think they dont understand the scope and range of social media. They use it as though they are having a private chat with their buddies in a club or bar. They dont seem to realise it goes all over the world in high and low places and is a permanent record.

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 03:06:23 

In reply to SnoopDog

Russell isa class act man,...A true ambassador for WI cricket. Samuels and Gayle(to a lesser extent) are walking, talking stereotypes.

SnoopDog 2020-05-01 03:13:23 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

I think they dont understand the scope and range of social media. They use it as though they are having a private chat with their buddies in a club or bar. They dont seem to realise it goes all over the world in high and low places and is a permanent record.

Agreed.

What intrigues me is how they equated themselves, and their hierarchical positions within the team, with that of organized crime.

This idea that everyone on the team must call Gayle "Universe Boss" or Samuels "Icon" (instead of their real names) to demonstrate their loyalty, respect, and lower hierarchical standing/ranking to them is shocking and absurd.

Again, I feel sorry for every captain, coach, and manager that had to deal with these two clowns over the years.

Wasp 2020-05-01 06:07:32 

The current saga make no sense....this more having west indies cricket looking foolish after all what has been accomplished over so many years.....

Throwing colleagues under the bus when ever hard decisions are taken...not everyone like everyone nor are they backstabber either....

Barry 2020-05-01 06:20:11 

In reply to Raggs

Their logic is like Trump. They are Dotards cool

Barry 2020-05-01 06:22:21 

In reply to Jumpstart

Yuh mash Raggs up bad bad bad cool

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 08:30:38 

In reply to Barry

And russell is the exact opposite. You can see when he goes on the pitch he wants to do well. He takes real pride in performance. I could bet you, you would never hear andre boasting aboutmissing training sessions the way gayle does. Its just a real tragedy his knees wont allow him to play test cricket

Raggs 2020-05-01 09:12:37 

In reply to Barry

Which part ah me him mash up? De man dem go ah top high schools in ah Kingston, nuh so? Mi neva lie 'bout dat.
Mi go high school ah Jamaica weh mi pass exam fi go and certain man and man come deh under scholarship fi play ball,cricket and run track but still go ah class fi learn and dem pass subjects.

Barry 2020-05-01 10:55:24 

In reply to Raggs

Brother, he mash yuh up like two weeks old dog shit. Just saying. razz

Trex 2020-05-01 11:54:56 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Or maybe they don't give a damn about your opinion, and others who share your view.

Trex 2020-05-01 12:00:02 

In reply to SnoopDog

No raw Jamaican patois, no vulgarity, no obscenity, no name calling, etc. He knows he still has a cricketing career and was careful to sound somewhat neutral and professional

Why is the Jamaican patois being compared with obscenity and vulgarity?

No wonder Jamaica struggles with such issues as class.

Raggs 2020-05-01 12:07:09 

In reply to Trex

Why is the Jamaican patois being compared with obscenity and vulgarity?

No wonder Jamaica struggles with such issues as class
I'm telling yuh..

sudden 2020-05-01 12:12:08 

In reply to Trex

No wonder Jamaica struggles with such issues as class.

what do you mean by this?

Trex 2020-05-01 12:12:53 

In reply to openning

You go on Youtube, Instagram or Facebook to speak in your native tongue?

It is all about your personal choice. The same way Bajans speak their best Hinglish with English tourists and then turn around to chat their raw "cheese on bread" and "rasshole" Bajan with other caribbean people.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 12:13:42 

In reply to Trex

Or maybe they don't give a damn about your opinion, and others who share your view

You are quite right because I dont give a fcuk bout them and their insecurities despite being rich. In typical narcissistic fashion they still crave respect and acceptance by naming themselves universe boss and icon.

Sobers Richards Lara never had to give themselves titles they were bestowed by loving adoring fans.

Trex 2020-05-01 12:13:56 

In reply to sudden

what do you mean by this?

Stop playing ignorant...go google it if you don't know rolleyes

XDFIX 2020-05-01 12:14:27 

In reply to Trex

The man belittling the Jamaican tongue!

sudden 2020-05-01 12:15:56 

In reply to Trex

no man. i mean why would you say that in the context of this argument? it seems out of place

Trex 2020-05-01 12:18:43 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Sobers and Brian Lara didn't have social media at their finger tips. Different times.

What about Muhammed Ali?

When he called his opponents "Uncle Toms" and beat them to a pulp while shouting out "Whats my name", many sports experts called him irrational and vindictive.

From an objective point of view I disagree with Chris Gayle airing out his grudge with Sarwan in his videos, but if what he says is true, I would share his opinion and be very tempted to blurt it out on a Social media platform.

sudden 2020-05-01 12:21:16 

In reply to Trex

go blurt out how you feel about one of your work colleagues and your former employer on social media as you go to another firm. i dare you

Trex 2020-05-01 12:22:21 

In reply to Jumpstart

Russell isa class act man,...A true ambassador for WI cricket.

Russell is a mediocre player at the test level.

Interesting point is that while you lick out against Gayle and Marlon.....Russell just announced his support for Gayle with his actions.

All is not well with the Tallawahs.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 12:24:10 

In reply to Trex

That is why I said they seem not to understand the power of social media.

I am sure they had squabbles in past teams and men cussed out each other...but in was never in the public view.

Actually outside of Samuels rant on Bravo I've seen other blogs where he gives Gayle and Russell good advice...albeit in his expletive laced patois.

Trex 2020-05-01 12:30:31 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

That is why I said they seem not to understand the power of social media.

On the contrary....they do understand social media.

Both Gayle and Marlon are creating noise....for different goals.

I am sure they had squabbles in past teams and men cussed out each other...but in was never in the public view.

And the team still suffered despite persons not airing their personal problems publicly. For eg. Richards/ Richardson caused us to perform badly at the next world cup.

StumpCam 2020-05-01 13:11:22 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Watch out! The full force of the JDF is about to reign! lol lol

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:21:51 

In reply to Trex

For all of MS noise and bluster he made sure to keep up his product placement, "Sextillion, number 2 coming out..." lol lol lol

And his assessment of Gayle's predicament was spot on. Marlon is a realist. He's going to be who he is, and if you don't like it you can go suck eggs.

Gayle want's to be liked and adored. For all his inherent Jamaican bluster, he is still seeking approval from his peers and mates, and when he doesn't get it, he's hurt.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 13:25:39 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Spot on Pullar!!

imusic 2020-05-01 13:32:24 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Gayle want's to be liked and adored. For all his inherent Jamaican bluster, he is still seeking approval from his peers and mates, and when he doesn't get it, he's hurt.

And Samuels doesn’t do the same when he talks about Darren Bravo shows him “respect” therefore he’s a “good yute”? Or when he rails about lack of respect because Carlos Brathwaite “likk a few balls” but he the one held the innings together?

He craves the attention and adoration every bit as much as Gayle and lashes out same way when he feel he doh get it.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:42:31 

In reply to imusic

Nope I disagree. He's just giving his take on the personalities of the people around WI cricket. The Darren Bravo comment was more along the lines of, despite Samuels' issues with Darren's older brother, they were still cool with each other. "Respect" in that usage means that they have no issues.

Many of the people on this same message board felt that all Carlos did was "lik a few balls" too. Samuels did indeed hold the innings together; no argument there. As he pointed out, WI are a two time T20 World Champ because of him.

BTW did you watch the video that I posted of him engaged in charity works in Kingston? I posted it in the front room but someone (****ssy) go and move it to the backroom. you definitely see a more humble, giving gracious person.

imusic 2020-05-01 13:48:03 

In reply to Larr Pullo

This is not Samuels first rodeo bruh. Don’t be disingenuous. One can’t help but think that at the root of his feud with bravo the elder is jealousy.

Which is highly ironic given that even if you think bravo’s songs are garbage....he making $$ while Samuels rails against the machine. He would love to have that same “garbage”

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:50:43 

In reply to imusic

One can’t help but think that at the root of his feud with bravo the elder is jealousy.

Maybe, that is a human emotion. Or their personalities just don't gel.

Samuels didn't complain about his lack of opportunities. It seems like he's focused more on his after cricket life.

imusic 2020-05-01 13:54:17 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Maybe, that is a human emotion. Or their personalities just don't gel

The abandoned India tour likely exacerbated the divide between the 2 as well

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:55:44 

In reply to imusic

He talks about that tour and Bravo not wanting him on the tour. The photograph after the abandonment was telling.

Barry 2020-05-01 14:23:36 

In reply to imusic

It’s not jealousy it’s ENVY

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 15:43:53 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Larr yuh does come with this fake news again. Samuels has playeed 71 tests, all the while avg below 35. No test batsman in history could bosst such a low average and yet played so many matches. Lack of opportunity? Must be joking. Samuels has been very fortunate. A less tolerent board would have discarded him long before he was actually discarded.
hoss DJ Bravo was an allrounder, didnt as much matches as samuels and their batting averages are almost identical. Samuels as a test cricketer was a FAILURE. As an ODI player too. He's just angry Bravo is still in demand all over the franchise circuit and he wont even be brought in for a fete match

openning 2020-05-01 15:44:31 

In reply to Trex

What about Muhammed Ali?

Why would you bring Ali into this?
Ali was a promoter when he was talking about boxing, he was also a fighter for human rights.

doosra 2020-05-01 15:50:03 

In reply to Larr Pullo

go listen to Marlon again

the man even seh dem give carlos respect for the 4 6s and fugget his innings...

and much more

openning 2020-05-01 15:53:44 

In reply to Trex

It is all about your personal choice. The same way Bajans speak their best Hinglish with English tourists and then turn around to chat their raw "cheese on bread" and "rasshole" Bajan with other caribbean people.

There is a difference communicating one on one, than to go public.
My post was in response to this.
They just gave their turn of events in their native tongues which sells the story better

My wife is West Indian, I was her interpreter, on Marlon's tape.

Trex 2020-05-01 16:03:03 

In reply to openning

My wife is West Indian, I was her interpreter, on Marlon's tape.

Good for you!
lol lol

Trex 2020-05-01 16:08:47 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Gayle is hardly like that. He doesn't care that much about approval from peers and mates. He has always lived his life as the six machine.

He only doesn't want to be labelled as abandoning the Jamaica Tallawahs in the last days of his professional career. In terms of the attack on Sarwan, he obviously feels that Sarwan has betrayed him really badly.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:25:36 

In reply to Trex

He could have addressed his fans by saying something like:

Hi fans, when I came back to the JT's I planned to finish my career in Jamaice, playing in front of the people who have supported me throughout my career. Unfortunately, the management of the team has decided to go in a different direction and I have not been retained for the upcoming season.

Since my aim is to continue playing and I believe I have more to offer, I have decided to accept a contract with TEAMX.

I wish the JT's all the best in the future.

...or something like that....

lol lol lol

Dukes 2020-05-01 16:26:05 

In reply to Trex

[quote]He only doesn't want to be labelled as abandoning the Jamaica Tallawahs in the last days of his professional career.[/quote]

Why do you feel it necessary to be an apologist for Gayle? He said what he said and any fair minded person would see that he is hurt and lashed out at everybody and in the process made totally un substantiated allegations which were scurrilous ,libelous and most importantly UNTRUE.
His goal clearly is to make the Jamaica Tallawahs an UNTENABLE FRANCHISE and it is my opinion that he has been successful, at least under the present management.How do you think Rovman Powell is feeling now?Essentially he has been accused by Gayle of betrayal?Do you think it is unreasonable to wonder if many Jamaican spectators who idolize Gayle will now look at Powell with some suspicion?

Trex 2020-05-01 16:31:56 

In reply to Dukes

Why do you feel it necessary to be an apologist for Gayle?

Am not apologizing for Gayle. In fact I don't agree with him being so public with his attack on Sarwan.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:32:07 

In reply to Dukes

most importantly UNTRUE.

But how you know dat?

Trex 2020-05-01 16:33:44 

In reply to Larr Pullo

He could have addressed his fans by saying something like:

Hi fans, when I came back to the JT's I planned to finish my career in Jamaice, playing in front of the people who have supported me throughout my career. Unfortunately, the management of the team has decided to go in a different direction and I have not been retained for the upcoming season.

Since my aim is to continue playing and I believe I have more to offer, I have decided to accept a contract with TEAMX.

I wish the JT's all the best in the future.

You should be one of his agents. lol

Dukes 2020-05-01 16:35:14 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I know 2 things to be UNTRUE

1.Sarwan was responsible for Gayle being sent home from Barbados in 1996 prior to the second youth Test vs Pakistan

2.Sarwan coveting the Head Coach position for the Jamaica Tallawahs

Dukes 2020-05-01 16:37:54 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Do you think he wishes the best for the Tallawahs?

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 16:41:23 

In reply to Larr Pullo

If Gayle had stopped at the 1st video then trex might have a valid point...but videos 2 and 3 validated icon's take.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:44:04 

In reply to Dukes

Do you think he wishes the best for the Tallawahs?

Didn't I start a thread to ND and you tell me leave the man alone?

I think I was pellucidly clear on this from day one.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:46:28 

In reply to Dukes

1.Sarwan was responsible for Gayle being sent home from Barbados in 1996 prior to the second youth Test vs Pakistan

2.Sarwan coveting the Head Coach position for the Jamaica Tallawahs

Proof!

Raggs 2020-05-01 16:48:59 

Bring this to the equation. Lloyld took his bat and won one with help from old bwoy Kanhai, Viv won one with the help of Collis King playing the minor keys on keyboards.
Samuels won at least ONE title off his OWN back and won the other with a CAMEO role from Carlos Braithwaite.
He is a legend yes.Like it or not.

openning 2020-05-01 16:55:09 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

The Universe Boss and the Icon.
Who dem come to see.
The mighty has fallen.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:56:43 

In reply to Raggs

...but his average. lol lol

Dukes 2020-05-01 16:58:02 

In reply to Larr Pullo

R U telling me that a complaint that a player has the TV on all night, causing his room mate to not sleep would result in a teenager being sent home?
Now,when did Gayle know that Sarwan was responsible for him (Gayle) being sent home?Did somebody just tell him at the same time the Tallawahs let him go?
That was one of Gayle's accusations.I clearly showed why Gayle was dropped and the subsequent performances of his replacement in Barbados.The man made 51 and 100!!!!!!!!!

Gayle claims that Sarwan is practically an owner of the Tallawahs because he is very close to the owner.Yet in the next breath he says that Sarwan wanted to be Head Coach and ultimately did not get the job.Does that make any sense to you?He is so influential that he is like an owner yet can't get the Head Coach job as opposed to Somebody that is not well known in International Cricket Circles???
There is no need to leave your common sense at the door!!!!!!

Trex 2020-05-01 17:03:57 

In reply to Dukes

What do you think of Russell's statement of wanting to jump ship as well?

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 17:08:06 

In reply to Dukes

R U telling me that a complaint that a player has the TV on all night, causing his room mate to not sleep would result in a teenager being sent home?

Could there have been other transgressions? You know how Draconian some of them cricket administrators in the WI are?

Raggs 2020-05-01 17:12:03 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I think some on here seh the great Viv never bat for average so Marlon could use that angle big grin

openning 2020-05-01 17:13:35 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The universal Boss ego has been hurt, stop trying to invent any other reason for his tapes.

openning 2020-05-01 17:17:51 

In reply to Raggs
Name players in his former club in Jamaica, The Jamaica regional teams or the West Indies teams, that he got along with.
A former team mate, gave me the low down on him.

Trex 2020-05-01 17:26:34 

In reply to openning

Name players in his former club in Jamaica, The Jamaica regional teams or the West Indies teams, that he got along with.
A former team mate, gave me the low down on him.

Trust me. Gayle is very much respected by players who have played on the same teams and/or have known him from when he started playing cricket to now.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 17:37:51 

In reply to Trex

He means Marlon

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 17:39:02 

In reply to Dukes

Dukes Ryan Hurley was sent home from u19 tour following complaints from Nagamooto

TheTrail 2020-05-01 17:41:39 

There is no love lost between Samuels, DJ Bravo and DR Smith - for obvious reasons...

He is lucky to be in the WI team for that long - thanks to Wes Hall.

TheTrail 2020-05-01 19:02:08 

In reply to Jumpstart

Samuels has been very fortunate.

A less tolerent board would have discarded him long before he was actually discarded.

Dude, Viv tried and Wes pleaded with Viv to give him a break.

hoss DJ Bravo was an allrounder, didnt as much matches as samuels and their batting averages are almost identical.

Samuels as a test cricketer was a FAILURE. As an ODI player too.

There are a plethora of them out there that played for the WI and failed - not only Samuels - and are still trying to make it back today - even though time is not on their side:

DS Smith, DR Smith, R Hinds, Ganga, Chandrika, Chattergoon, and Johnson, just to name a few.

He's just angry Bravo is still in demand all over the franchise circuit and he wont even be brought in for a fete match

I don't think that is the whole story but that assumption is debatable.

Samuels could have entered the IPL draft if he wanted to. wink smile

Dukes 2020-05-01 19:14:18 

FUZZY

What was the complaint?

Did he threaten to kill Nagamootoo?

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 19:19:49 

In reply to Dukes

I dont remember the details but I am sure no threat of killing was involved.

Let me say it was cultural differences

openning 2020-05-01 19:20:02 

In reply to Trex

I was referring to Samuel, not Gayle.
It is my first time hearing Gayle go after any of his mates.

Dukes 2020-05-01 19:28:28 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

1.We need to know the circumstances of Hurley being sent home from the tour.

2.I am not sure if Chris was actually sent home from Barbados or whether because his replacement made 51 and 100,so his services were no longer needed for the match in Guyana so he was allowed to return home to Jamaica.

In any event it seems a bit of a stretch that Gayle would be sent home for that rather than simply switching room mates.

BTW Charlie Davis shared a room with Freddo and could not sleep because Freddo had won a particular competition!!!!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 19:30:10 

In reply to TheTrail

Who would have bought him son? He was in the IPL draft as recently as 2018 and he went unsold across three rounds of bidding

Dude, Viv tried and Wes pleaded with Viv to give him a break.

Viv gave everybody a hard time. Remember he kept
Lara out of the side(his own admssion in his book) until he retired. Viv as a selector was trying to force leeward players like adam sanford and sylvester joseph on lara and when lara resisted, he went to the media to bad talk him. Viv is a know-it-all and everyone knows that. Not an excuse

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 19:31:29 

In reply to Dukes

Long john dong? smile big grin big grin

TheTrail 2020-05-01 20:04:52 

In reply to Jumpstart

Viv is a know-it-all and everyone knows that.

lol lol

Well, Carlyle Best and Ryan Hinds in no uncertain terms had to lay it on the line for him. lol

sudden 2020-05-01 20:10:35 

In reply to Jumpstart

Rams you have to move on man

You should do some videos like Gayle and expose Viv, Hilaire and Hunte
big grin

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 20:40:15 

In reply to TheTrail

Firstly, this is how you spell Carlisle.....secondly. Viv actually says in his book that he kept lara out out of loyalty to Best, and atherton......although viv is like pele, every 5 or so years, the story changes. Secondly, Ryan hinds was never ready for international cricket. His example shows how poor our fist class set up actually is

TheTrail 2020-05-01 21:05:23 

In reply to Jumpstart

out out of loyalty to Best, and atherton....

You kidding me? Maybe loyalty to Atherton,Richardson but never to Best,Dessie or Ryan.

Do you know why those two guys had to tell him off?

BTW, Carlisle or Carlyle...what's in a name/spelling? Even though both spellings are legal. lol lol

Baje 2020-05-01 21:25:11 

In reply to Dukes

His goal clearly is to make the Jamaica Tallawahs an UNTENABLE FRANCHISE and it is my opinion that he has been successful, at least under the present management

Bang on target. His attack on Jeff Miller makes it very fifficult. Sarwan is this villain worse than covid, means that Sarwan might feel very unsafe to say the least. Through some mud on Floyd and Rovman, indicating that they were some party to the conspiracy to get rid of him, makes them suspects in this drama. His inclusion of Andre foced Russel to come out, defend himself and make a plede to abandon the Tallawahs.
The only person he left unscathed was the person who fired him or could have overruled anyone who wanted to fire him. Basically while trying to destroy everyone else, he literally sucked up to the owner.
Methinks Gayle sees a future where the owner fires everyone, and reinstates him to his rightful position, so for now "Kris Persaud is a nice guy"

Jumpstart 2020-05-01 23:14:54 

In reply to TheTrail

Dude best is the one who wasn't making anote. He made a hundreed in an odi and a test but when he was dropped, in pakistan 1991/2, Viv wasn't even on that tour.....and there is where he found out that he could not face waqar and wasim. Four innings for single and low double figure scores. Its only in the last test that lara got a game and as i said viv wasnt there. It is likely judging from the recent past and the then immideate future, that he would not have been picked had viv been there. And as i said, these are viv's own words from his autobiography. Now you could be right, because viv stories to suit the financial opportunity/ies being offered. But in his book, these are his words

And let Carlisle spell his name like that on a government form and see if they will accept it

You keep on mentioning hinds and best, man you know whoever was there, they didn't were not going to have long legendary careers