The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Tallawahs’ Turn At Bat - Local CPL Franchise Responds To Chris Gayle’s Recent Criticisms About Management

CaribbeanCricket.com 2020-05-01 04:04:38 

THE JAMAICA Tallawahs Caribbean Premier League (CPL) franchise, owned by the Chris Persaud-led Worldwide Sports Management Group, has hit back at claims made by former captain Chris Gayle regarding his departure from the team.

On Monday, Gayle posted a series of confessional videos on his personal YouTube page, saying that he was victimized by the Tallawahs management, spearheaded by Chief Executive Officer Jeff Miller and assistant coach Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Gayle said that Sarwan was a key influence in him not being retained by the Tallawahs for this year’s CPL season and that the entire scenario has been politically motived, based on an incident that took place in Guyana in 2018.

In a media release yesterday, the Tallawahs refuted claims that Gayle’s omission was politically motivated, adding that assistant coach Ramnaresh Sarwan had no part to play in the decision.

Read more at Jamaica Gleaner

Full Story

InHindsight 2020-05-01 20:20:18 

Everybody mum on the Chris Gayle Tallawah's saga lol

rhatid 2020-05-02 17:29:17 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
With all his exploits in cricket and all the big bucks he has made, Gayle seems to be an unhappy man. This is not surprising. This is the kind of career end that one would expect from a guy who approached his career the way Gayle has done. This guy learnt his craft in the Caribbean, then abandoned his people to entertain cricket lovers in all other corners of the globe, except the Caribbean. Now that he is washed up, he is eager to come back and perform before his abandoned Caribbean fans. He is finding the journey difficult because he is not the Chris Gayle of the past. He is not the Chris Gayle that his Caribbean fans yearned for, but were starved of year after year. As a result, he has become miserable, bitter, angry and quarrelsome. Hope he can redeem himself in some fashion so his career doesn't end this way.

Wally-1 2020-05-04 12:38:25 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Tallawah is dead in the water.

Gayle seems to be speculating a lot about Ronnie's involvement, his outburst was unfortunate, without facts you just don't do

that. His tale about Jeff Miller seems more credible, since he related what happened to him directly .

redface redface

Wally-1 2020-05-04 12:40:53 

In reply to rhatid

Stop talking bullshit, when did Gayle abandon the Caribbean?

Dukes 2020-05-04 12:54:22 

In reply to Wally-1

Welcome back to the Board my friend. Stay safe.

Wally-1 2020-05-04 13:00:12 

In reply to Dukes

Thank you Sir D, you the same.

camos 2020-05-04 13:42:55 

In reply to Wally-1

nice to see you, how is Tommy?

Wally-1 2020-05-04 13:45:27 

In reply to camos
Cool beans Camos, Tommy is good mon

rootsie114 2020-05-04 14:07:57 

Hey Wally, what"s good? Long time no see pal.

Wally-1 2020-05-04 16:19:49 

In reply to rootsie114
Most is well, how about you?
I'm hanging out with the Great Bay massive, you need to come in from the cold.

rootsie114 2020-05-05 16:55:47 

In reply to Wally-1
Same here,when this ting is all over i will head back to Florida for a weekend,will give you a shout then.

Trex 2020-05-05 17:13:51 

In reply to Wally-1

Gayle seems to be speculating a lot about Ronnie's involvement, his outburst was unfortunate, without facts you just don't do

Gayle held back on disclosing what he felt Sarwan did to him. Gayle obviously took something very personally.

rhatid 2020-05-09 00:20:13 

In reply to Wally-1

Bullshit? Tell me, when last have you seen Gayle play in a West Indies domestic competition? Of course, I am not talking about the money game, CPL. I'm talking about representing his country and entertaining his people for the love of it....and a little bit of patriotism.