The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

In Defence Of Gayle And Samuels

Raggs 2020-05-01 09:35:13 

All who want to be vex..stay vex.But one must understand and I ain't telling no lies but when I sit amongst the real griots of our world. Nigerians and Ghanaians the West African massive and they mix with us the Caribbean favour. They by nature gat stories to tell and it's only one set who match up and give versions of their walk of life, that's Jamaicans in their native tongue.

All other island man sit back and reason now and again but when they open their mouth most times it speaks through the British voice to tell the story. No sir, wrong sound that always kill vibes.And it fails handsomely to link up or nice up the little gathering.
Gayle and Samuels talking foremost to Carribbean fans before the rest of the world, the outside world comes second in the argument,remember that before you call them retards.

Barry 2020-05-01 10:53:39 

Ghanaians do not ordinarily lie or smoke weed... nuff said razz

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:26:05 

In reply to Raggs

Spot on!

The Great Louise Bennett!

We should always be proud of our language, our patois and our beginnings.

sudden 2020-05-01 13:32:11 

In reply to Larr Pullo

you deh pon real skunt big grin

imusic 2020-05-01 13:35:11 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The Great Louise Bennett

Nuh fuhget Holiver

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:36:06 

In reply to sudden

you deh pon real skunt

Thanks for trying sound like a Guyanese. smile

I'm dead serious. Good on Samuels for speaking in his native Jamaican Patois. If you really listened you would have heard him say that he was talking to HIS people. He even ran off some Indian fans who came on the feed. lol lol

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:37:06 

In reply to imusic

...And Oliver.

BTW did you watch "Sprinter" on Netflix? Produced by Jada Pinkett and Will Smith.

imusic 2020-05-01 13:43:11 

In reply to Larr Pullo

No. Didn’t know about it. Will add to watch list. Thanks man

Saw an article recently where Jada Pinkett say she doh know Will Smith at all and then start to get into all kinda psycho babble about knowing oneself truly and ting.

This 24 hours a day with a spouse while in lockdown is real pressha

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:47:43 

In reply to imusic

I'm sure they house big enough that they could both be in lockdown and not see each other for a week if they don't want to.

Jada getting old and insecure. Will could pull a 25 year old easily. lol lol lol

imusic 2020-05-01 13:49:30 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Easy like Sunday mornin. You may have a point there

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 13:57:36 

In reply to imusic

Either that or she find out Will is really gay and she's just a beard... lol lol lol lol

openning 2020-05-01 16:05:05 

In reply to Larr Pullo
There nothing wrong with me speaking Bajan, to a group that understand it.

I had to be the Interpreter for my wife, when Samuel wan speaking.
The public could follow Gayle's three tapes, Samuel was different.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-01 16:33:27 

In reply to openning

Samuels didn't want everyone following his broadcast.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-01 16:43:59 

In reply to openning

Samuels was targeting his followers not the wider world...but unfortunately social media goes all over the world in seconds.

Logic 2020-05-01 17:50:38 

Dont understand why there is so much focus on the patois or even the foul language. Its not how they spoke so much as the substance (or lack there of) of what they said. Gayle and Samuels confirmed themselves to be two ignorant and fragile, narcissistic jackasses. Gayle is upset and blaming Sarwan for overseas players making fun at him. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would assess these two as clowns - insubstantial persons minus their talent. They would not need Sarwan or others who know them well to point this out. No one would ever say that of a Viv Richards or a Chanderpaul despite their lesser education levels and lack of full command of the English language.

openning 2020-05-01 18:49:06 

In reply to Logic

Bajans look at clowns as ignorant or stupid people, these good did not come across as either.
One is the Universal Boss, who they come to see, The other is The Icon.
It is more about Ego, than Clownlike.

Slipfeeler 2020-05-01 19:40:57 

In reply to openning

Some years ago, I was at the airport in Barbados and this Bajan cop was trying to give some routine instructions to passengers of mostly North Americans and other Caribbean passengers and everyone looked confused and bewildered as to what this guy was trying to say. So people should not be too quick to criticize persons of other islands, it’s very laughable for we all have an accent, some more than others.
big grin big grin big grin

openning 2020-05-01 20:11:59 

In reply to Slipfeeler
Bro, I have two Jamaican buddies that speak a number of languages, one speak Italian, French, Spanish and Patios.
The other speak French and Potios, both speaks English.

The first one speak Patios, because she know I like to hear the Jamaican in her.
The other one was at work one day, and there was a call for a supervisor that speak French.
He was the only Air Canada supervisor that speak French that shift, so had to go.The person that wanted the supervisor asked him if he speak French, because he was black, he asked the wrong person, he gave it to him in patios before addressing him in French.
We worked together in our early days in Calgary, he can give to people when they are ignorant.
He is from around Kington, when home to Jamaica, and visited his deputy relatives, who live in the country.
He told me, it was the first time, he heard a different language spoken in Jamaica, he could not understand them.

sudden 2020-05-01 20:14:34 

In reply to openning

You have a lot of stories-quite funny too big grin

openning 2020-05-01 20:35:10 

In reply to sudden

50 years working in a public setting. being out going and living in a small community.

I've been tease to write a book, I would not bring tales out of school.

tc1 2020-05-01 23:29:22 

In reply to sudden

lol

NYCGURU 2020-05-02 03:28:18 

In reply to openning

Good story and funny in many respects.

Trex 2020-05-02 03:31:15 

In reply to openning

Bro, I have two Jamaican buddies that speak a number of languages, one speak Italian, French, Spanish and Patios.
The other speak French and Potios, both speaks English.

The first one speak Patios, because she know I like to hear the Jamaican in her.
The other one was at work one day, and there was a call for a supervisor that speak French.
He was the only Air Canada supervisor that speak French that shift, so had to go.The person that wanted the supervisor asked him if he speak French, because he was black, he asked the wrong person, he gave it to him in patios before addressing him in French.
We worked together in our early days in Calgary, he can give to people when they are ignorant.
He is from around Kington, when home to Jamaica, and visited his deputy relatives, who live in the country.
He told me, it was the first time, he heard a different language spoken in Jamaica, he could not understand them.

If you go to St. Elizabeth and Westmoreland you will hear different Jamaican accents. I have a few friends out there who I constantly have to tell them to slow down when they talk because I couldn't understand most of what they were saying. lol lol

Jumpstart 2020-05-02 03:58:27 

In reply to Trex

The second time i went to jamaica i noticed that.

Cardiac 2020-05-02 04:41:06 

When I first moved to Barbados, I was staying in Gibbs Terrace, St Peter. I thought I was good at understanding the Bajan accent until 2 youths from St Phillip came by the house and I couldn't understand a word they were saying.
And there are certain parts of Guyana where I still struggle to understand the creolese.

Wally-1 2020-05-04 16:25:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Icon swears too much, but he is mah boy

VIX 2020-05-04 17:44:39 

What samuels say? I couldnt understand a word lol

natty_forever 2020-05-04 18:11:39 

In reply to Logic

Everything was logical, except the following:
"No one would ever say that of a Viv Richards or a Chanderpaul despite their lesser education levels and lack of full command of the English language".

Big assumption!

Raggs 2020-05-05 13:06:52 

In reply to VIX

What samuels say? I couldnt understand a word
I hope yuh joking fi true. any West Indian looking for a full time interpreter for that blog from Samuels must be away from the region too long and lost all their carribean sense.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-05 13:50:27 

In reply to Raggs

Substitute Jamaica for Caribbean and you might be right big grin big grin

Larr Pullo 2020-05-05 13:57:43 

In reply to Wally-1

Are you a fan of Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor?

I'm sure there's a little bit of performance going on in his Vlog.

Trex 2020-05-05 17:17:17 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Are you a fan of Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor?

Spot on with that analogy. Looks like the Icon should think about stand up comedy.. lol

The story about Bravo's songs in the bus was really funny. lol lol

Raggs 2020-05-05 20:30:03 

In reply to Trex

The story of the coach running in to bowl with his shine bald head reflection from the hot Carribbean sun was according to Samuels bright and cherry lovely enough to be taken off its base and used as the new ball for the batsman in the nets to negotiate was classic comedy.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-05 20:53:52 

In reply to Raggs

Didn't y'all get to the story about Justin Kemp and the fishing rod? lol lol lol lol

Raggs 2020-05-05 21:39:36 

In reply to Larr Pullo

That's damn clever storytelling. He came to the caribbean to ketch fish not collect runs or fetch wickets.
The breakdown and build up to that storyline was complete genius.