The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Rose & Rampaul

granite 2020-05-02 13:13:55 

Both fast bowlers should have played for the West Indies with longer Test careers.I know that Brung told Rampaul that he didn't look good pon de Telly so we haffi drop yuh,but don't know why Rose didn't play more tests.Both players had almost identical careers.

doosra 2020-05-02 14:23:15 

In reply to granite

but don't know why Rose didn't play more tests

you know brung seh suh but u doh know why rose nah play? big grin big grin

granite 2020-05-02 15:39:27 

In reply to doosra
All me hear people say is he was a bad bway,ah wah him do.

cool

Trex 2020-05-02 15:44:36 

Let us see.

Rampaul had issues with injuries, lack of fitness at times, eating too much food and being overbowled by T. Gray.

Rose despite being so talented with not only ball but bat as well had only one issue...head sick no good.

granite 2020-05-02 15:49:41 

In reply to Trex
Ah still cyah see the reason and it appears only the Jamaican selector Chester WATSON GOT THE ANSWER.The report say in black and white,ask Watson.I would like to make a point about Rampaul eating too much and breaking down,I never saw it affect his fielding,he was never lazy in the field,at the time he was dropped it was for how he looked on TV,he was still one of the better fast bowlers in the Caribbean.He has had contracts with Surrey and Derby with success,and still quite quick.Fidel Edwardas was the champion at breaking down,he too is also doing well in England.

Baje 2020-05-02 16:35:12 

In reply to granite

When Ottis became coach, he resurrected Rampaul and selected him for just about every match. Rampaul then had some foot injuries and was off the field for a while. That is why he was out of the team. He then made little impression at first class clevel and could not bowl his way back into the team

Barry 2020-05-02 17:48:10 

In reply to granite

Exactly... creeps justify bias confused

granite 2020-05-02 19:47:36 

In reply to Barry
They have a way of justifying every bias.

cool