Tara Reade is a fraud

Dukes 2020-05-03 13:50:35 

This should but won't end the discussion

sudden 2020-05-03 13:57:33 

In reply to Dukes

but it wont and you know that

Dukes 2020-05-03 14:20:49 

In reply to sudden

That is what I said.The reason it won't is that we live in a world devoid of truth seeking but mired in partisanship.People believe what they want to believe.Nobody checks sources of information as long as it peddles what you are inclined to believe.As a lawyer you are forced to reconsider what is important.Would you go before the court to mislead the court or would you be true to yourself and to your oath as an Officer of the Court? You tell me!!!!
lol lol lol lol lol lol

sudden 2020-05-03 14:35:04 

In reply to Dukes

i dont have to tell you. you have litigated the matter well enough big grin

black 2020-05-03 14:59:17 

In reply to Dukes

Very well written and fair piece but oftentimes these incidences are between two people and are very difficult to prove and that is why women hesitate to come forward, especially, when going against a very powerful person.

My inclination is to think that this incident probably happened but this woman did not disclose the incident like she claimed. That is why the record does not exist and she is facing such an uphill battle.

In any case, this accusation is not going to go anywhere, for many reasons stated in the article, above. But, just because this woman is a Bernie supporter does not mean she would go to such length. And as far as the admiration for Putin, I think she mentioned some sort of Russian ancestry but that is still not a good reason for supporting such a despicable person.

Dukes 2020-05-03 15:02:18 

In reply to black

Why don't you debunk what the writer said point by point.Then you could have a case for saying that you are inclined to believe her.

Dukes 2020-05-03 15:03:26 

In reply to sudden

Just yanking your chain.Reason and logic should be your tools of trade.

black 2020-05-03 15:08:15 

In reply to Dukes

The writer is fair in his assessment, that is why this woman is facing such an uphill battle. But again, many women don't come forward or document incidences of sexual harassment/assault because they are intimidated and that could work against them in the long run.

Dukes 2020-05-03 15:41:09 

In reply to black

many women don't come forward or document incidences of sexual harassment/assault because they are intimidated and that could work against them in the long run

The writer addressed all those points and you give the impression that you have not carefully read and digested his points!!!

VIX 2020-05-03 15:47:03 

And what if she isn't?

black 2020-05-03 15:48:57 

In reply to Dukes

Let me put it this way, I don't think this woman made an official complaint, even though she is claiming that she did. At this point, (27 years) it is not wise to go forward with an unsubstantiated claim, even if it did happen.

Ewart 2020-05-03 15:54:22 

Interesting she does not say she protested his neck touching or anything. What indeed was her reaction at the time?

On these matters I like to go with the law and jurisprudence where we have a process for determination of credibility, accuracy, guilt, innocence, punishment etc. #MeToo provides only accusation and the request to believe them because they come from women (whose voices have been suppressed for eons).

//

openning 2020-05-03 16:16:14 

In reply to Dukes

On December 25, 1969, I was in my bed, having worked the night, my game master/mentor. drove to my house to tell me the news that someone had killed the reverent wife, at our Anglican Church.
He said to me that morning, that John Wingrove Brathwaite would be accuse, by he believe the priest, killed his wife.
I left for Canada three months later, I was kept up to date with the case, as I sat next to John in class, for about 3 years.
John was convicted and hanged, the Priest returned to Canada, years later the same thing happened with his wife.
This priest killed all three of his wives, John was hanged for a murder he had no part of.
People lied again John, I like my mentor, believe his character and being a poor black person young man, was the reason for the verdict.
Why would this woman come forward now, and not when he was going through the VP process?

sudden 2020-05-03 16:18:49 

In reply to openning

man you have some good stories but what is the relevance?

openning 2020-05-03 16:26:50 

In reply to sudden

People lie, all the time.
This woman had the opportunity to oust the VP, before now.
I question the woman motive at this time, thats all.

black 2020-05-03 16:33:56 

In reply to sudden

man you have some good stories but what is the relevance?

Exactly.

black 2020-05-03 16:41:28 

In reply to openning

People lie, all the time. 
This woman had the opportunity to oust the VP, before now. 
I question the woman motive at this time, thats all

She had the opportunity to out him on day, one. You have to understand the dynamics of why women hesitate to report such incidences.

They are usually scared, intimidated, not believed, risk retaliation or all of the above.

Walco 2020-05-03 16:51:35 

In reply to Dukes
Top class critical thinking by that author.

openning 2020-05-03 17:13:01 

In reply to black

I would never say it did not happened, this woman told other including her mother, she said it was her mother that called in to the Larry King show.
It is a mystery to me, that this has been kept quiet for so long, seeing he had run for president in 2008, and then went through a process for the VP.
I am asking why now.

hotarobin 2020-05-03 17:34:57 

In reply to Dukes

well said - we live in a world with lots of information by relatively little truth within that information...and it's getting progressively worse...

TyTy35 2020-05-03 17:47:15 

I think the biggest strike against Ms Reade is her inability to provide a copy of the complaint she filed with the Senate regarding this sexual assault. Biden was vetted by the Obama campaign before he was selected as VP candidate I'm sure if such a record existed it would have been found then. The NY Times also tried to find this complaint and they were also unable any evidence of this complaint. So for Ms Reade to say well I made the complaint but I have no evidence that I did and no one else can find the record that you did simply means no complaint was made and so that right there tells me that she is not credible.

The second issue is that we heard people coming forward like dirt saying that Biden touched them in a way that made them uncomfortable Ms Reade was one of them why didnt she say then "Not only did he touch my shoulders he also touched my pumpum!" Why did she wait an entire year, after her preferred candidate Bernie Sanders had been eliminated to say "you know what Biden sexually assaulted me"?

black 2020-05-03 17:51:08 

In reply to openning

I would never say it did not happened, this woman told other including her mother, she said it was her mother that called in to the Larry King show. 
It is a mystery to me, that this has been kept quiet for so long, seeing he had run for president in 2008, and then went through a process for the VP. 
I am asking why now

#metoo

openning 2020-05-03 18:18:55 

In reply to black

My inclination is to think that this incident probably happened but this woman did not disclose the incident like she claimed. That is why the record does not exist and she is facing such an uphill battle.

Thats the reason for my response.

WI_cricfan 2020-05-03 20:39:21 

In reply to Ewart

On these matters I like to go with the law and jurisprudence where we have a process for determination of credibility, accuracy, guilt, innocence, punishment etc. #MeToo provides only accusation and the request to believe them because they come from women (whose voices have been suppressed for eons).

If this was your exact comment when Trump and Kavanaugh were the accused you can cast the first stone.

Curtis 2020-05-03 23:33:31 

Double standards.

It's hard to judge authenticity of incidents that happened years ago.

But, based on the person accused, reactions are swayed accordingly.

Biden appears to have been fairly clean the last decade or so. That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

How many men here can pass an accusatory allegation from way back?

Dukes 2020-05-03 23:48:59 

In reply to Curtis

Biden appears to have been fairly clean the last decade or so.

That statement makes NO SENSE!!!!!

You are implying that you are willing to vouch for Biden only since he became Vice-President.My question is therefore why do you think you can vouch for him as VP but not as a Senator.He was a Senator for 36 years and he was on Amtrak every evening going back home to Delaware.

Curtis 2020-05-03 23:56:18 

In reply to Dukes

I wasn't there, cyaan vouch for mistah nah.

Can't even vouch for myself. What's consensual or what's prospective?

Dukes 2020-05-04 00:26:14 

In reply to Curtis

You should therefore withdraw the statement that Biden appears to be fairly clean for the last decade or so.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-04 00:49:11 

Tara, Volda, Mingo, Lowenfield. All deserve to be taken behind a barn

black 2020-05-04 01:45:54 

In reply to Curtis

How many men here can pass an accusatory allegation from way back?

Are you insinuating that this is fairly common?

openning 2020-05-04 01:52:41 

In reply to black

You no different to Curtis.
This is your post.

My inclination is to think that this incident probably happened but this woman did not disclose the incident like she claimed

black 2020-05-04 02:04:41 

In reply to openning

You no different to Curtis

Dude, Biden has a history of inappropriate touching. The guy has figured out a way to inappropriately touch women while extending a hug. lol

openning 2020-05-04 02:25:50 

In reply to black

The guy has figured a way to inappropriately touch women while extending a hug

There you go again.
How do you know that?

black 2020-05-04 02:28:03 

There you go.

Kay 2020-05-04 02:33:55 

According to this backroom this woman has a lot of credibility ...

nickoutr 2020-05-04 02:59:26 

In reply to Kay
AOC never wanted old white men as presidential candidate except weekend at bernies ... get rid of biden at all cost

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-04 11:31:37 

In reply to Kay

suppose she knows she don't know

Dukes 2020-05-08 21:45:47 

What a la la

Drapsey 2020-05-08 21:57:19 

In reply to Dukes

She'll claim that all the stress from burdening her secret for some 27 years has caused her to develop an eating disorder thereby resulting in her current statue.

VIX 2020-05-08 22:06:05 

She's probably telling the truth. Now what?

Which old white man will the back room support?

Norm 2020-05-08 22:15:57 

In reply to Dukes

Guyanese saying: "If you nah go crab dance, you nah ah get mud".

Does your position here have anything to do with partisanship? Tara may have made errors in the way she tried to report Biden, but nothing that has come up thus far exonerates Biden.

sudden 2020-05-08 22:24:32 

lots of men have touched women inappropriately, very few have actually grabbed them by the pussy

Dukes 2020-05-09 17:48:14 

In reply to Norm

Which "crab dance" did Biden go to???

Just imagine this woman made up this story.How does Biden prove that?

Maispwi 2020-05-09 19:28:19 

In reply to sudden

I would hazard a guess dat all men over 50 who eh queer, wud have, by today's standards, touched a woman inappropriately at some time from the time dey attained the age of reason. Perhaps in dere defense dey can claim dat dey have not yet reached the age of reason.

Democrats now either have to play hypocrite or have de full investigation dey demanded for Trump and Kavanaugh, both of which plays right into de Don's hand

embsallie 2020-05-09 19:29:16 

I am just curious. Where was Tara when Biden was being vetted for Vice President in 2008 and then in 2012?

Was she asleep?
All of that was Pre Trump so I find it hard to believe that Biden would have survived that not once, but twice.

Tara Reade is being paid to do that shit. The truth will come out sooner or later. A rabid unscrupulous Trump supporter (or Trump himself) may be responsible for that.

Ewart 2020-05-09 20:40:35 

In reply to embsallie

So I see it too.

More and more this thing looks like it is driven by politics. Saw a story only this morning that she wants him to step down from the Presidential race.

And that's all she wrote...

rolleyes

//

Norm 2020-05-09 23:22:19 

In reply to Dukes

We will see. Her mom called in to Larry King Live, a long time ago, and asked about the procedure for reporting this kind of thing. So, this thing isn't new.

Even without this, Trump will crush Biden anyway. Biden needed weeks to drum up the courage to deny this allegation, and even then he made a mess of it. "I did not penetrate that woman with my finger," is not a denial of inappropriate behavior.

Like Republican supporters, Democrat supporters are just as blind, if not more so. So, hang on to your honorable Biden. You will love him!

The allegation is the 'mud' on Biden. Hence, the conclusion that he must have been to a 'crab dance'. Since the Guyanese proverb seems to be posing problems, the White man's translation is "Where there is smoke, there is fire".

black 2020-05-10 05:56:13 

In reply to Maispwi

I would hazard a guess dat all men over 50 who eh queer, wud have, by today's standards, touched a woman inappropriately at some time from the time dey attained the age of reason. Perhaps in dere defenseI would hazard a guess dat all men over 50 who eh queer, wud have, by today's standards, touched a woman inappropriately at some time from the time dey attained the age of reason. Perhaps in dere defense dey can claim dat dey have not yet reached the age of reason.

Democrats now either have to play hypocrite or have de full investigation dey demanded for Trump and Kavanaugh, both of which plays right into de Don's hand dey can claim dat dey have not yet reached the age of reason

Are you saying there aren't any decent men?

black 2020-05-10 06:02:24 

In reply to embsallie

I am just curious. Where was Tara when Biden was being vetted for Vice President in 2008 and then in 2012? 

Was she asleep? 
All of that was Pre Trump so I find it hard to believe that Biden would have survived that not once, but twice. 

Tara Reade is being paid to do that shit. The truth will come out sooner or later. A rabid unscrupulous Trump supporter (or Trump himself) may be responsible for that

#MeToo has empowered women that would never have come forward.

black 2020-05-10 06:13:07 

In reply to Dukes

You should therefore withdraw the statement that Biden appears to be fairly clean for the last decade or so

What is wrong with that statement?

Most people probably didn't pay much attention to Biden until he became, Vice President.

sudden 2020-05-10 10:09:20 

so lemme fully understand this.

Biden was vetted 11 years ago by Obama people. none of this came up.

he was accused of a some type of crime (unexplained) to do with the Ukraine. that seems to no issue nowadays.

now that he has become the DEM nominee for president, this woman has come forward. she may believe what she says. it might have happened. but why now? why not when he was to become Obama's vice president? would she had come forward if the Ukraine allegation had stuck?

and this should make him withdraw?

and in any case he will be trounced by Disinfectant Donnie who has approximately 50 allegations of sexual assaults against him and on tape has been heard to say he grabs women by the pussy because he is a star and when you are a star women allow you to do that.

reconcile that for me please.

StumpCam 2020-05-10 11:27:45 

In reply to black

Most people probably didn't pay much attention to Biden until he became, Vice President.

Maybe you didn’t, but Biden ran for President in ‘88 or ‘92
and was accused of plagiarizing a British politician speech!

black 2020-05-10 12:00:06 

In reply to StumpCam

Not me dude, I keep up with politics but there are people out there that don't give a damn, one way or the other.

black 2020-05-10 12:02:23 

In reply to sudden

he was accused of a some type of crime (unexplained) to do with the Ukraine. that seems to no issue nowadays

Did you have to throw that bullshit in there?

sudden 2020-05-10 12:08:17 

In reply to black

explain why it is bs

black 2020-05-10 12:16:29 

In reply to sudden

Anyone with a partially functioning brain could figure out that was made up. Most of these allegations were centered around Biden's son but Repubs linked it to Joe to discredit, him.

Besides, Trump would not have been impeached,(even if his actions were wrong) had those allegations proven, true.

sudden 2020-05-10 12:33:58 

In reply to black

you do realise that about 45% if not more of the US believe Biden and his son did something untoward in Ukraine right?

you do realise that this is connected in that if that didnt stick Reade's allegation is another hurdle for Biden to overcome, right?

the object is, muddy the waters to make the public, as undiscerning as the US public is, is unsatisfied with Biden so as to make sure that Dems voters dont turn out whilst Reps do and Trump is returned to office.

dirty politics at its best

Dems fall for it most of the time. they let the Reps define their candidate and worse believe them

black 2020-05-10 12:42:17 

In reply to sudden

you do realise that about 45% if not more of the US believe Biden and his son did something untoward in Ukraine right?

Conspiracy theorists, predisposed to believe that BS. See Johnbull's thread. Lol

you do realise that this is connected in that if that does stick Reade's allegation is another hurdle for Biden to overcome, right?

Repubs are keeping the story alive because they stand to benefit from it but that doesn't mean Reade's allegations were, false.

birdseye 2020-05-10 13:01:42 

In reply to black

that doesn't mean Reade's allegations were, false.
does it mean they are true?

black 2020-05-10 13:57:44 

In reply to birdseye

Yet to be proven or disproven, in fact, her case is pretty weak because of the lack of evidence.

Dukes 2020-05-10 16:50:51 

In reply to black

Allegations such as those by Tara Reade can never be proven or disproven.She was smart enough to leave the date and place purposefully vague.I asked somebody how does one prove the allegations false if they are false and nobody ventured into that for the simple reason that you can not.

Casper 2020-05-10 18:06:55 

In reply to Dukes

This is all a Republican instigated plot. The effort is to try to hurt Biden in one of the areas where is he is strongest - amongst women, compared to Trump. To shave off even 2-3 points in a general election would take away Biden's advantage and make the presidential race that much tighter.

So, if voters who don't really know or think about how these behind the scenes plots are developed in an election, they could easily fall for this ploy.

I suspect this woman Tara Reade is being paid directly or indirectly by someone connected directly or indirectly to the Republican party. Get someone who claims to be a Democrat, and a woman, to come up with such a claim, and get her story expanded and highlighted on Republican and right-wing propaganda machines as a deeply serious item in an election year - look, see, how the gullible masses and those deeply concerned about such issues fall for it.

Biden comes out forcibly and said it didn't happen, he even asked that the Senate look into his record, but surprise, surprise, under McConnell's leadership, the secretary of the senate said no.

Why? Because the Republicans don't want a quick resolution to this; they just want a story to drag out over the summer. It's the Hillary emails all over again.

Secondly, they don't want to find a solution in the senate records, but they want to delve into Biden's senate policy records at the University of Delaware, - not to find anything on sexual harassment, since such records are not held there, but to pursue for other policy related items or statements related to Biden's senate record.

Simply they are on a fishing expedition for dirt on Biden, just as this whole Tar Reade story is an effort to hurt Biden with women.

Facts be damned, as "he said, she said" cannot come to a resolution until and unless there are those supporting facts in documentation, and other reliable witnesses.

Dukes 2020-05-10 18:18:48 

In reply to Casper

Excellent points!!!!

birdseye 2020-05-10 18:56:16 

In reply to Casper

Some guy going to come out now and say in 19 83 Trump use to smoke his wanger, is that what democratic elections have come to? Truth is whatever can win you an eletion?

Dukes 2020-05-17 15:03:37 

More on this damsel

black 2020-05-17 15:56:28 

In reply to Dukes

Sounds like Tara Reade is a total loser, you would think that someone with her background would get her life together.

Drapsey 2020-05-17 16:09:55 

In reply to black

Sounds like Tara Reade is a total loser, you would think that someone with her background would get her life together.

Could be that she's suffering the effects of the assault.

Based on your posting history, I thought that would've been your line. smile

hubert 2020-05-17 17:45:26 

Is Biden capable of defeating the Obvious smear(s) that will be thrown at him in this election?
This is just the beginning.
That is what the Dems will have to consider,seriously .