The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Sheldon Cottrell talks IPL and almost quitting the game

CaribbeanCricket.com 2020-05-04 05:52:30 

He is one of the most recognizable figures in world cricket at present. Fast bowler Sheldon Cottrell and his iconic wicket-taking salute have taken their place in cricket culture and he has brought along his fair share of adoring young and old fans from his homeland in Jamaica to as far as the United Kingdom, India, Pakistan and Australia.

To say that the last couple of months have been great for the left-arm quick would be an understatement, as the former Jamaica Defence Force soldier was snapped up by the Kings XI Punjab for US$1.2 million, to play in this year’s India Premier League (IPL).

“I was really gearing up to put out 110 percent for my franchise in India but, as my famous slogan goes, ‘Health over Wealth’ any day. It’s a pandemic we are facing and it’s a worldwide thing. So I can’t be selfish. I am not going to look at the money. I have to put my health before anything else and I have to also feel sorry for those who are affected,” said Cottrell.

Read more at the Jamaica Gleaner

Full Story

Drapsey 2020-05-04 12:24:02 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

So, where are all the anti-Yardi loudmouth's?

Non a dem want to touch dis one.

navindesigns 2020-05-04 12:53:50 

sheldon is from completely different yardi class
yute is a good man

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-04 13:06:43 

In reply to navindesigns

Military discipline

camos 2020-05-04 13:38:17 

In reply to navindesigns

sheldon is from completely different yardi class

from?

Drapsey 2020-05-04 17:52:42 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Some of them called the man's now worldwide heralded 'celebration' "ghetto antics", strongly suggesting that he leaves it right there in the Yard where it belongs.

Now that said celebration is being taught in the classroom, even adopted/adapted by marching bands, they're ready to endorse. I'm waiting on the first one to come here and say they acted as advisor to the soldier-man, and even suggest that they conceived and planted the idea, Cottrrel is only the medium, the actor if I may.

Norm 2020-05-04 23:59:11 

Cotterel is a shining example in many ways. He's modest, hard-working, determined and always ready to share his joy with a smile and a salute! He could also motivate others. Apart from his top-class bowling, has been motivating the WI team through his outstanding fielding. He would even try to stick around with the bat when really needed.

All the best to him!

shivnotout 2020-05-05 03:34:20 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Military discipline

he is going to guyana for de election count? lol