The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Keemo Paul helps Saxacalli residents

Narper 2020-05-09 01:17:38 

West Indies all-rounder Keemo Paul has rendered assistance to residents of his homeland at Saxacalli, where he distributed basic food items and cleaning supplies. Saxacalli is located on the left bank of the Essequibo River, about 25 miles from Parika.

Paul said he is happy with the venture. “Saxacalli is my home. I am not here currently, but I know that being in lockdown will be hard even for communities like these that live off the land. From time to time we would have to travel to do business for other food supplies and I felt that if I can give persons those needs, they will stay home more.”

“Prevention is better is than a cure and I just want to see my family and close friends remain safe.”
Paul further called for persons to act smart, follow the guidelines of the health authorities, and stay home unless it is a necessary reason to leave home.

link

Kay 2020-05-09 02:08:02 

Good vibes from Keemo ....

Dukes 2020-05-09 02:25:01 

In reply to Narper

Love that boy.He makes me feel good about the future of WI cricket.To think he is still only 22 years old!!!

Narper 2020-05-09 05:45:44 

In reply to Dukes

A well grounded and a humble generous young man.
His heart is in the right place.

StumpCam 2020-05-09 10:05:09 

In reply to Narper

Keemo makes me very proud!

Dukes 2020-05-09 13:20:26 

In reply to Narper

Late last night I saw a profile of Oshane Thomas.It was moving and gave me a very good vibe as well.One can only wish the young man all the best.He talked about the murder of his teenage brother when Oshane was 10 years old and how it devastated his mother and how he cried all day. I criticized him in the past for lacking stamina but I know that he will sort that out and become a success in test cricket.

anthonyp 2020-05-09 15:45:36 

Keemo is a level headed youngster.. de thing ah admire the most about him is his attitude.. once he know you he would never pass you straight.. and most times he's the first one calling out to you..

Always willing to help.. Still remember the first time ah played against him.. he was about 13 or so and playing for Wakenaam already.. as usual his old man was there with him.. Keemo failed in de match and after the game his old man was carrying his gears bag home on a bicycle.. someone shouted to him and seh why yuh wasting time with that big gears bag.. de boy aint going nowhere.. his father turned stopped and told the man.. yuh see this bag.. the owner and this bag will be on the WI team one day big grin

Another time we played against them in Essequibo.. someone in de crowd talked something about him and his dad heard.. end up into an argument and the person pushed his dad I think.. Keemo was on de other side of the ground fielding.. ah dont know how he saw.. but all of ah sudden Keemo tek off sprinting towards dem.. everybody had to run behind him just to hold him back lol

The bond with he and his dad is special.. think thats one of the reason he's still level headed.. got some good people around him too. Smart youth too.. already investing wisely..De man in the mining business already

Dukes 2020-05-09 20:21:54 

In reply to anthonyp

Lovely stories bro.

Norm 2020-05-10 01:29:55 

In reply to Dukes

I saw a profile of Oshane Thomas.

I haven't seen it yet, but Oshane comes across as a very sincere and caring individual. When he does not live up to his teammates' expectations, he is very crestfallen. Though he bowls serious bouncers, you can tell he is not out to hurt, or even intimidate, the batsman. (This may have cost him a few wickets, but he seems to be determined not to hurt anyone seriously.)

When Oshane gets a wicket he celebrates, but never too much, and he does not try to insult the outgoing batsman.

All the best to him.

Norm 2020-05-10 01:36:29 

In reply to Narper

Keemo has been a joy to see. Very determined and very astute, he always gives at least 100 percent for whatever team he plays for, be it Guyana, WI, Delhi Capitals, or Team Saxacalli or Team Family and Friends!

The physical demands of international cricket seem to be more than he can handle, but he might find ways to overcome them. (That's why I think he should concentrate on his batting and bowl less.)

The Delhi Capitals and many young Indian cricketers love Keemo. That alone is testimony to his universal good qualities as a person.

Dukes 2020-05-10 02:56:50 

In reply to Norm

Oshane Thomas

Dukes 2020-05-10 03:29:42 

In reply to Norm

That's why I think he should concentrate on his batting and bowl less

Keemo has 87 first class wickets in 21 matches at 18.25 apiece at the age of 22 and you think he should bowl less??
He put on a master class in swing bowling at the ripe old age of 21 in a test match against England last year which moved me to comment that it was the best piece of swing bowling I had seen from a West Indian fast bowler since Malcolm Marshall.
Carlos Brathwaite commenting on Keemo's bowling said he is one of the most talented young fast bowlers in the world.

Norm 2020-05-10 07:00:50 

In reply to Dukes

Keemo breaks down every match, or other match, in longer formats. He has no future as a WI player if he cannot maintain fitness.

Many an outstanding batsman eased up on their bowling to focus on their batting, including Fredericks and Kalli.

anandgb 2020-05-10 13:15:53 

In reply to Narper

Awesome. I like his thinking.

Dukes 2020-05-10 17:17:38 

In reply to Norm

Do you remember Usain Bolt used to break down very often when he was a teenager?With proper fitness management that can be overcome.

Norm 2020-05-10 18:13:30 

In reply to Dukes

True, but Usain had knowledgeable and experienced people around him to help him thru his fitness challenges.

Keemo does not. Many other outstanding Guyanese cricketers did not, either. Guyana just does not have people with the knowledge, experience, equipment, culture, etc, to keep its sportsmen fit.

Gibbs and Croft were the exceptions when it came to the poor fitness of Guyanese bowlers overall. Both Pestano and Nial Smith showed that the fitness problems are still present for Guyanese bowlers, and even their batsmen.

This may explain in part why Guyana does not produce many good pacers, why their top batsmen seem prone to injury (with some exceptions), etc.

The odds against Keemo becoming a good WI pace bowler are great, notwithstanding his ability to swing the red ball significantly.

Dukes 2020-05-10 18:18:19 

In reply to Norm

People who are successful in life, defy the odds with hard work and determination.I agree with you that the odds may not be in his favor but he is a winner and winners never quit.

Norm 2020-05-10 23:04:09 

In reply to Dukes

Thanks for the Oshane profile video link. I finally got to view it. The tragedy in Oshane's life has obviously had an enormous effect on him and his family.

It is good to see he is well-liked by everyone, famous or not. I look forward to him moving forward in cricket.

jcveletta 2020-05-11 04:48:08 

In reply to Narper

Top stuff from the youngster.

solidrock 2020-05-11 15:50:58 

In reply to Narper

big grin big grin
Wonderful!

anthonyp 2020-05-12 23:04:19 

In reply to Dukes

Keemo want to be remembered as a great.. check out his latest interview

Video

Dukes 2020-05-13 23:12:45 

In reply to anthonyp

Very nice.That boy is a keeper.

Logic 2020-05-14 13:54:43 

In reply to Narper
Been a fan of this lad since the Mankad thing. Not because of the mankad but because of how he dealt with the blow back mentally. Showed immense character. WI cricket needs people with his courage and mental strength