The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Vote Donald Trump

Darkness 2020-05-11 16:04:19 

As repulsive as he may be to some. As despicable as the entire family may be, the benefits of having Trump in the White House far outweighs the negatives.

- Too many previous US presidents, from Nixon to Obama have kowtowed to China.
- They steal IPs
- They rob our western companies by openly allowing copyright infringement in China
- They use our open systems of democracy, commerce, laws to acquire critical western assets while not allowing us the same access in China
- Chinese companies are also partners of the CCP and are heavily subsidized to acquire western assets
- oppressing ethnic and religions minorities
- Basically kidnapped the two Michaels from Canada. What civilized country does this?
- Nationalized western companies in times of need (stopped them from shipping PPE to western countries)
- Still have not yet shared the first samples of COVID 19 with the rest of the scientific world, but wants to be a partner of western organizations?
- Uses the corrupt on Wall Street, such as, JP Morgan to transfer western assets to China. The reason they are listing Chinese companies with no proper oversight. Many pension funds and individuals have lost money. Trump admin are taking steps to stop this.

I can go on. I hate Trump but also Love some of his policies which are critical for the survival of the west as we know it. For that reason,I say vote Donald J Trump!

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-11 16:11:48 

In reply to Darkness

Do the companies of the west care about Darkness?

carl0002 2020-05-11 16:14:34 

Darkness still in the dark it seems
shock shock

Darkness 2020-05-11 16:15:04 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy
Despite capitalist greed, care and concern is built in to the western psyche, this has been imprisoned in China from the time of Mao. Chinese need to free the true heart of historic China.

You want to see and feel the real heart of historic China? Visit Taiwan.

Darkness 2020-05-11 16:16:24 

In reply to carl0002
My friend, if you value your way of life, you will stop the CCP. Only Trump shows any backbone, for whatever reason.

StumpCam 2020-05-11 16:24:32 

In reply to Darkness

I’m voting Donald Trump

Out of office! lol lol

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-11 16:33:07 

In reply to Darkness

How caring are they to black men jogging or just being black in the west?

Darkness 2020-05-11 16:54:10 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy
I agree with you 100% but like I said, weighing everything Trump is the better choice.
Blacks still have a better life in the USA than in China. As a matter of fact all minorities do.

I have been to China, its one of the most prejudiced countries in the world.

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-05-11 16:58:35 

In reply to Darkness

So to quote Trump....what have they got to lose?

black 2020-05-11 17:09:56 

In reply to Darkness

Trump's got my vote.....

for dog catcher. lol

Darkness 2020-05-11 17:17:53 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

So to quote Trump....what have they got to lose?

That's not the argument I am making at all.

Darkness 2020-05-11 17:21:14 

In reply to black
I feel like it's a critical time, crossroads so to speak. The US dropped the ball in many ways and allowed China to move in to areas of opportunity.

Western diplomats and politicians tend to judge the CCP by our own standards, but that is a mistake. They do not play by our rules and respect for the game, and they have taken advantage of our "niceness" so to speak.

Dukes 2020-05-11 18:17:20 

In reply to Darkness

Trump talks a good game about the mendacity of China but what has he actually accomplished in his "fight" against China?

Halliwell 2020-05-11 18:19:02 

In reply to Dukes

Soft on crime
Soft on China
Soft on Russia
Soft on corruption

carl0002 2020-05-11 18:26:15 

In reply to Dukes

From day one Trump has a knack for saying one thing and doing the opposite or the opposite of what he says is always the truth. So I am not sure where this having a backbone argument coming from when he is actually bending over-the opposite of what he says.
shock shock

Casper 2020-05-11 18:37:06 

In reply to Darkness

Busting Trump and Darkness' Bubble.

Donald Trump won key midwestern states and the presidency in no small part because of his focus on trade reforms and promise to “speedily reduce the deficit.” However, contrary to Trump’s promises, the overall U.S. goods and services deficit in Trump’s third year in office is up 14% ($77 billion) relative to the trade deficit in 2016, the last year of the Obama administration.

Thanks to a $44 billion improvement in the U.S. energy trade balance in 2019, the U.S. trade deficit with the world in 2019 decreased $27 billion relative to 2018. The goods and services deficit went from $646 billion in 2018 to $619 billion in 2019. U.S. oil and gas imports decreased $36 billion and U.S. oil and gas exports increased $8 billion from 2018 to 2019. The improvement in the energy trade balance was slightly larger than the $43 billion decline in the 2019 goods trade deficit. Shifts in the energy trade balance is not a sustainable way to decrease the U.S.-world trade deficit and poses serious climate change threats.

Meanwhile, the U.S. non-energy goods trade deficit with the world and U.S. manufacturing trade deficit with the world are both up in 2019 relative to 2016, Obama’s last year. The 2019 U.S. non-energy goods trade deficit with the world is up $122 billion (17%) relative to 2016 while the U.S. manufacturing trade deficit with the world is up $130 billion (14%) relative to 2016.

So much for that dose of Trump Kool-Aid.

Meanwhile, the one thing Obama had put in place to put the squeeze on China- the TPP - Trump replaced in an on-going effort to try to destroy Obama's legacy. Obama is like a tick on the man's penis. As hard as he tries he can't get rid of the man and his legacy.

Darkness 2020-05-11 18:40:46 

The one thing the Trump Administration has done is make China the conversation in the public sphere. I know myself and many of my friends, most of whom are Asians, are going out of our way to avoid buying made in china products.

The Trump administration is also making many western countries rethink using Huawei for 5G. Canada for one is rethining that position.

Tariffs hurt, not just American consumers but also the CCP. Companies are already looking at, and are, moving some if not all of their manufacturing out of China. South East Asia is one option. India has also reached out to over 1000 western companies are and offering incentives to move manufacturing there. The Americas is also another option. Companies have the option to move, the CCP do not have an option to sell to the west if it decides it does not want anything to do with the CCP.

This is a war man...CCP vs the West (not Trump). If CCP wins we will have to live by their standards, if the West wins our way of life remains. We need to pick a side. I pick the west - led by America and in this case the Trump Administration.

I can relate my own experiences of working and visiting China and of working with Chinese but will not go that route.

Question got you all, its a Chinese question; if you could only save one from drowning who would you save, your mom or your spouse?

ask a Chinese the same question and then you will understand how the CCP has fcuked up the Chinese psyche.

Darkness 2020-05-11 18:55:02 

In reply to Casper

- Too many previous US presidents, from Nixon to Obama have kowtowed to China.
- They steal IPs
- They rob our western companies by openly allowing copyright infringement in China
- They use our open systems of democracy, commerce, laws to acquire critical western assets while not allowing us the same access in China
- Chinese companies are also partners of the CCP and are heavily subsidized to acquire western assets
- oppressing ethnic and religions minorities
- Basically kidnapped the two Michaels from Canada. What civilized country does this?
- Nationalized western companies in times of need (stopped them from shipping PPE to western countries)
- Still have not yet shared the first samples of COVID 19 with the rest of the scientific world, but wants to be a partner of western organizations?
- Uses the corrupt on Wall Street, such as, JP Morgan to transfer western assets to China. The reason they are listing Chinese companies with no proper oversight. Many pension funds and individuals have lost money. Trump admin are taking steps to stop this.

I do not really care how you feel about Trump or Obama. For me its a fight for the West's survival as the leader of the world, and I support that. Cancelling TPP was a mistake, but its done. Now a different way must be found to stop China.

Live in the past, I choose to look ahead and learn from mistakes and plan for a better future. I think that trusting the CPP was a big mistake on the part of the west.

YOu have the way of life you do because to the USD hegemony, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Because of that hegemony deficits are not as bad as you think, the sky is not falling until the USD is dethroned.

problemjay 2020-05-11 19:02:12 

In reply to Darkness

I believe the CCP is motivated by economic global dominance which is no different than the US Govt. China is just more open with their economic goals as opposed to the US who try to attain their goals under the umbrella of "good guy" and "friend".

Now as for imposing way of life which you seemed most concerned about. China is NOT the one from these two options who go around the world applying pressure on nations to implement the US style of democracy, planting CIA agents to help overthrow Govts and insisting other nations adhere to Christian values to govern their nations. So when it comes to imposing way of life history has proven China really does not care about other nations culture and how they choose to live and govern themselves. So what do you really fear?

If the US remain prosperous but fall second to China I still doubt that will be acceptable to you. Most Americans with your "Murica" #1 philosophy try to argue in circles as to why we should hate or reject China instead of just being honest and say we cannot accept not being #1

POINT 2020-05-11 19:57:45 

In reply to Darkness

I wush to applaud You for your nome de plume , because YOU are really in DARKNESS . Congratulations .

You seem to forget the Deals your Master's Daughter has made to enrich herself . What is even worse is the stark freaking fact that your Hero is
very fond of Dictators .

This seems very apt since you relish Darkness . This obviously implies that you relish Darkness .
Take a Bow !!!!!!

Your Hero is always in the Dark that
is precisely why Andrew Cuomo's Briefings are a hell of a lot better
than his Briefing regarding Covid 19.
FYI , the above is an indisputable freaking Fact .

Darkness 2020-05-11 20:23:55 

In reply to POINT
My hero because I am making a point?
I have an agenda, Trump just happens to be the one in place to carry it out. I want to see the CCP contained until they grant equal access and transparency to the rest of the world. Until then "SHUT THEM DOWN"

If the CCP grants the world the same access and freedom they have and demand in the west then it would be great for the world and augurs well for innovation. Then let the chips fall where they may and until then SHUT THE CCP DOWN!

I will be bold and even vulgar ala your comments above; since you backers of CCP think they are so great why the fcuk don't you go live under them, leave the evil USA or Canada or free world for that matter.

POINT 2020-05-11 20:40:07 

In reply to Darkness

Like Your Hero You relish being steeped in Vulgarity . That being the case I shall refrain from commenting on what
you write in this Forum. Your Nom de plume is very apt .

Darkness 2020-05-11 20:48:02 

In reply to POINT
Ok Mr. aloof...nuh go live a China under CCP nuh..Its OK to have dissent, great for democracy, but try expressing it under the CCP.
you guys living one place and rooting for the other,..shameful

jacksprat 2020-05-11 20:49:48 

In reply to Darkness

How much are Russia & Trump paying you to parrot this mindless propaganda?

HumbleCalf 2020-05-11 21:17:56 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

How caring are they to black men jogging or just being black in the west?

You asked the question and it lands as a casual question but it's much more than that. To all the folks (talking 'bout Black people now, including Indians too although they say they are brown) who seem to think this administration has done some good, I say for all the so called good, your existence is in jeopardy, and whatever it is that you may feel insulates you, be careful, the wolf eventually gets to your door.

The economy that everyone is talking about that is so good is really a powder keg. You cannot continue to run up the debt and think it will not come back to haunt you.

Anyway, folks will forever vote against their own interests. Topic for another day.

My advice is, if Trump wins again, buy some (more) life insurance so when dem shoot unnu dead because unnu look like someone they heard of who committed a robbery unnu relatives will get a money. big grin

nitro 2020-05-11 21:20:23 

In reply to Darkness

No Problem Mon.

Trump got this!

Casper 2020-05-11 21:32:09 

In reply to Darkness

Live in the past, I choose to look ahead and learn from mistakes and plan for a better future. I think that trusting the CPP was a big mistake on the part of the west.

To say that people in the West trust the CPP is crap.

There is no doubt that globalization has had its positive and negative effects, but mostly positive. For example, we, in the West, now get our products cheaper than before. Unfortunately, we have to balance that with the fact that many of the previous manufacturing jobs have shifted from the West to the East, in particular China, but also other low cost countries like Vietnam and Bangladesh, to name a few others.

But with regards to all this, we must remember how the right-wing, in particular Republicans, helped to destroy the middle class by destroying unions, the major contributor in helping to build the middle class through great benefits and good wages. Republicans encouraged the shift from high wage unionized states to non-union, low wage states, so why should anyone be surprised when American companies also moved to low waged countries and moved manufacturing jobs to them?

Dukes 2020-05-11 21:53:50 

In reply to Darkness

Trump talks a good game about the mendacity of China but what has he actually accomplished in his "fight" against China?

ICYMI the first time. I am asking the question AGAIN!!!!!!!

Darkness 2020-05-11 22:52:20 

In reply to Dukes

here is what I said and everyone gets in a tizzy.

As repulsive as he may be to some. As despicable as the entire family may be, the benefits of having Trump in the White House far outweighs the negatives.

Control yall emotions it's a sign of weakness.

Before the pandemic - China manufacturing and economy was already in trouble. Never mind the numbers from the CCP, it is the same as the inflation numbers in the west - fake. I have many friends and in China who was telling me of the job losses etc. So yes Trump's tariffs hurt them.

It got worse after the pandemic and CCP's lack of transparency is making things worse since companies are accelerating moving manufacturing out of China. And as usual the CCP overplayed its hand.

I do not want to live in a world where the CCP is the #1 power, economically or militarily. The CCP must fall so that China can regain it's once glorious past. Yes it is selfish but that is my motivation. I believe that it was a dumb move to scrap TPP, but that is gone it would be a waste of energy to dwell on it.

Again all of you that live in the west but still prefer CCP how come you do not live in China, I am sure they will accept you.

Lady_Lava 2020-05-11 23:36:38 

Trump winning again will really drive a new wave of Americans into Canada lol

Dukes 2020-05-12 01:50:59 

In reply to Darkness

You still have not answered my question.

Norm 2020-05-12 04:58:12 

In reply to Darkness

China manufacturing and economy was already in trouble.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah, yeah. China about to collapse, cough up all dem stolen IP and beg US for help!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! Weh mi hankerchief? Ah have to start cryin' fah China right now!!!

Go, Disinfectant!!! Go, Light in de belly!!!!

So, when we gun start punishing them tiefin' Chinese people, man?