The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Pooran stays with Warriors

sgtdjones 2020-05-13 01:36:45 

Pooran stays with Warriors

Talk had been circulating that the Trinbago Knight Riders (TKR) were looking to snap-up wicketkeeper/batsman Nicolas Pooran for this year's Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 (T20) Tournament but it was unfounded as the T&T-born cricketer remains with the Guyana Amazon Warriors, honouring the second year of his three-year contract.

Link Text 

sgtdjones 2020-05-13 01:37:12 

Hey cussdem

You are happy now eh!

lol

natty_forever 2020-05-13 12:17:51 

A baay! drop Ramdin for puss ina bag.

Dukes 2020-05-13 13:34:23 

In reply to sgtdjones

You should know that any talk about Pooran playing for TKR was absolute nonsense.Here is why. Pooran is THE FRANCHISE PLAYER for GAW so the only way he could play for TKR is if they made him THEIR FRANCHISE PLAYER.
Now ask yourself who TKR's FRANCHISE PLAYER is and tell me if THAT PERSON would be willing to take a PAY CUT.

problemjay 2020-05-14 22:16:00 

We Trinis are always happy to have our players on different teams to ensure this lick cricket CPL stay competitive. no problem sharing the wealth evil

Dukes 2020-05-14 22:34:47 

In reply to problemjay

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

navindesigns 2020-05-15 00:03:59 

tkr has a young keeper who is really good - amir jangoo

imusic 2020-05-16 03:40:42 

In reply to Dukes

Pooran is THE FRANCHISE PLAYER for GAW

Why do you think Pooran Is the franchise player for GAW and not Hetmeyer?

mikelegend 2020-05-16 08:33:48 

In reply to imusic

cool cool cool cool

Dukes 2020-05-16 12:38:25 

In reply to imusic

The only way to get both Pooran and Hetmyer playing for the Warriors is to make Pooran the Franchise player.Hetmyer is already in the team.In order to lure Pooran to the Warriors away from the Tridents they had to make him the Franchise Player meaning HE GOT MORE MONEY!!!!.
As a sort of compensation Hetmyer was made the DIRECTOR OF BATTING.
Now ask yourself why TKR does not make Pooran their franchise player? Do you think he would stay with the Warriors if TKR offered him the Franchise player role?????

imusic 2020-05-16 18:06:09 

In reply to Dukes

Was Pooran the franchise player when he played with Tridents?

TKR has Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Lendl Simmons, and Sunil Narine among their ranks. Who is their franchise player?

Given that lineup, you’re saying it’s inconceivable that Pooran could play for TKR without being the franchise player?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

If you were starting off a new T20 pro franchise and you had to choose between Pooran and Hetmeyer to be your franchise player, who would you select?

Dukes 2020-05-16 18:20:16 

In reply to imusic

I think you do not understand what is going on.

Pooran to the best of my knowledge was not the Franchise player for the Tridents.
The only way TKR could match the pay he is getting with the Warriors is to make him the Franchise player.
Why would Pooran take a massive pay cut to play for TKR???

imusic 2020-05-16 18:21:36 

In reply to Dukes

So pollard And Narine took massive pay cutS to play for TKR?

If so, why?

Dukes 2020-05-16 18:26:45 

In reply to imusic

Isn't Pollard the TKR Franchise player?

imusic 2020-05-16 18:32:37 

In reply to Dukes

Ok. So, according to you, DJ bravo took a massive pay cut then. Why?

Dukes 2020-05-16 18:40:49 

In reply to imusic

Look,I do not know who all the franchise Players for all the teams and what year etc.etc.I suspect neither do you.Why can't you keep the discussion to Pooran and why he aint going anywhere except as a FRANCHISE PLAYER.Instead you seem to keep shifting the goalpost to Bravo,Pollard,Narine etc etc.

The Bottom Line is the warriors used the system in a smart way and as a result ended up with arguably the best team.
You have been unable to adequately respond to the reasoning I put forward in answer to your query about Pooran and Hetmyer so you are getting in to all kinds of extraneous matters.
CHILL NUH MAN.

Dukes 2020-05-16 18:51:05 

In reply to imusic

If you were starting off a new T20 pro franchise and you had to choose between Pooran and Hetmeyer to be your franchise player, who would you select?

I did not see this.Now I understand what all this is about.

The answer is very OBVIOUS.

POORAN would be chosen by anybody who has any sense.

HE IS ALSO A WICKETKEEPER!!!!!!!!!!

imusic 2020-05-16 20:10:46 

In reply to Dukes

he Bottom Line is the warriors used the system in a smart way and as a result ended up with arguably the best team.
You have been unable to adequately respond to the reasoning I put forward in answer to your query about Pooran and Hetmyer so you are getting in to all kinds of extraneous matters.

You said the reason why Pooran wouldn’t move to TKR is because he would make less $$$ seeing that he is the franchise player for GAW

As far as I know, each CPL franchise only has 1 franchise player

TKR has pollard, DJ bravo, Sunil Narine, Darren bravo & Lendl simmons among their ranks

Only 1 of them could be a franchise player.

By your reasoning, the others therefore would have to take a massive pay cut to play for TKR

Any of them could, and have been, franchise players for other CPL franchises.

So if they could play for TKR....by your reasoning, taking a massive pay cut in the process....why not Pooran?

I await your reasoned response.

Dukes 2020-05-16 21:22:19 

In reply to imusic

CORRECT

TKR has pollard, DJ bravo, Sunil Narine, Darren bravo & Lendl simmons among their ranks

CORRECT

CORRECT
By your reasoning, the others therefore would have to take a massive pay cut to play for TKR

ONLY if they leave 1 team as the Franchise player and go to TKR as a non-franchise player

Any of them could, and have been, franchise players for other CPL franchises

I am UNAWARE of any of the names mentioned, leaving a team as a franchise player and going to TKR as a non-franchise player.Who would sign DJ or Darren or Lendl as their franchise player?

So if they could play for TKR....by your reasoning, taking a massive pay cut in the process....why not Pooran?

See above

Dukes 2020-05-16 21:25:07 

BTW I have been informed that the proper term is MARQUEE PLAYER rather than FRANCHISE PLAYER.

imusic 2020-05-16 21:56:21 

In reply to Dukes

ONLY if they leave 1 team as the Franchise player and go to TKR as a non-franchise player

If I'm not mistaken, DJ Bravo is the franchise player and captain for TKR. He got injured last year....but that was AFTER Pollard signed on with TKR

Pollard was franchise player and captain at both Barbados Tridents and St Lucia Stars

Narine was franchise player at GAW

The 3 of them play for TKR

Over to you

Dukes 2020-05-16 22:44:28 

In reply to imusic

I do not know or care who was Franchise player and when and for whom.Having been unable to counter the obvious discussion about Pooran and Hetmyer and why Pooran was never going to TKR, you are attempting to take me down a rabbit hole about Bravo,Pollard and Narine and who was Franchise player when and for whom.
If you want, you can assert that Pollard left the Tridents as Franchise player and signed to TKR as a non franchise player.You can also assert that Narine left the Warriors as Franchis player and signed for TKR as a Non franchise player.If you do that I will ask somebody who definitely knows whether that is in fact true or not.

imusic 2020-05-17 00:05:53 

In reply to Dukes

Pooran was never going to TKR

You have managed to convince yourself of that statement

I disagree.

We’ll leave it at that

problemjay 2020-05-17 00:34:03 

I honestly was hoping to see Pooran return home to play for TKR but Trinis will have to wait and see if we can get him next year.

Also same for Evin Lewis

Jumpstart 2020-05-17 00:36:57 

In reply to Dukes

The Bottom Line is the warriors used the system in a smart way and as a result ended up with arguably the best team.

Still aint win a title

BenGman 2020-05-17 00:48:53 

In reply to Dukes

Since TKR has all those ~big names, and only one can be the Marquee player, then it must be that those ~big names want to play for TKR when most likely they could be making more money on other teams.

But its complicated...

Whats the pecking order at TKR?

Sunil is out of the running because you can say that a lower TKR salary would be made up by his deal with the TKR owners KKR, + the owners want him at TKR so its not about him and CPL money.

As said previously, DJ was (is?) the marquee player at TKR, and Pollard had marquee status at BT and SLZ? So he knew he was going to the TKR second to DJ? His transfer must also be for reasons other than money.

But the salary scale in CPL is not linear.. so Pooran would have been getting something like Ramdin's salary. He has played with DJ, Pollard, Narine and Simmons already. Now he has an opportunity to contribute majorly with GAW. I agree with him staying put with Guyana - both cricketing, and financial reasons.

imusic 2020-05-17 00:55:21 

In reply to Jumpstart

The buffalo bills of the CPL

WestDem 2020-05-17 01:17:26 

Pooran prefer to play with GAW, too much Dutch axes in kidnap capital! lol

Dukes 2020-05-17 03:16:02 

In reply to imusic

MISINFORMATION

Pollard was drafted as TKR's MARQUEE PLAYER

If I'm not mistaken, DJ Bravo is the franchise player and captain for TKR. He got injured last year....but that was AFTER Pollard signed on with TKR

OVER TO YOU FOR AN EXPLANATION!!!!!!!

imusic 2020-05-17 05:40:53 

In reply to Dukes

You said the reason why Pooran wouldn’t move to TKR is because he would make less $$$ seeing that he is the franchise player for GAW

Any of them could, and have been, franchise players for other CPL franchises.

I await your reasoned response.

Reposted for you.

STILL awaiting your reasoned response

Dukes 2020-05-17 11:55:08 

In reply to imusic

Oh boy.I do not think you understand how the draft system works for the CPL.
Here goes

In the first round the 6 teams choose their FRANCHISE/MARQUEE PLAYER
The Trinbago Knight Riders choose Kieron Pollard as their Marquee Player
The Guyana Amazon Warriors choose Nicholas Pooran as their Marquee Player
The Barbados Tridents choose Jason Holder as their Marquee Player
The Jamaica Tallawahs choose Andre Russell as their Marquee Player

In the second round the Trinbago Knight Riders choose Dwayne Bravo as their second round Player
In the second round the Guyana Amazon Warriors choose Shimron Hetmyer as their second round Player

In the third round the Trinbago Night Riders choose Sunil Narine as their third round Player
In the third round the Guyana Amazon Warriors choose Brandon King as their third round player.

Dukes 2020-05-17 12:03:28 

Which other teams were willing to have Bravo,Narine or Simmons as their marquee player???