The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Are more cricketers turning vegetarians?

Cameron 2020-05-13 23:43:36 

An interesting read. I wonder how many West Indies players are following this trend? ThHey would be in good company with Kohli, Ishant Sharma, Ntini, and Gillespie among cricketers, as well as Serena, Lewis Hamilton and Novak Djokovic among other sports.

Dukes 2020-05-14 00:08:08 

In reply to Cameron

I have been vegetarian for almost 10 years now but I do not think I could become vegan as I love cheese too much.I do not preach to anybody about it.I think it is a personal decision.I do not feel stronger or weaker since I started and my cholesterol has not changed much.
Live and Let live.
Why did I become vegetarian ? A close high school friend keeled over and died in October 2010 and 2 weeks later I stopped eating meat.It was that simple.

sudden 2020-05-14 00:11:08 

In reply to Dukes

Only animal meat I hope smile

Dukes 2020-05-14 00:12:14 

In reply to sudden

I AM A NOTED LINGUIST!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Cameron 2020-05-14 00:20:01 

In reply to Dukes

I also am vegetarian. My wife is a pretty strict vegan and she still has a problem with high cholesterol; mine is low, though I eat cheese. Of course, each single case is merely anecdotal, and results vary. However, the cummulative data suggest that on the whole there are many health advantages to a plant-based diet, and many negatives to meat diets, and the increasing numbers of elite sports-persons seem to validate that. The film Gamechangers makes for interesting viewing.

imusic 2020-05-14 00:35:12 

In reply to Dukes

I AM A NOTED LINGUIST!!!!!!!

Cunning cool

imusic 2020-05-14 00:36:16 

In reply to Cameron

I’m a proxy vegetarian

I eat beef. Cows eat plants.

Ergo.......... cool

Dukes 2020-05-14 00:49:30 

In reply to imusic

lol lol lol lol

Cheeks 2020-05-14 02:20:16 

In reply to Dukes

There's research out there suggesting that correlation between cholesterol and heart disease is not as strong as previously thought?

Your thoughts??

Dukes 2020-05-14 11:17:19 

In reply to Cheeks

Without going into any long discourse,I strongly disagree with that comment.There is research to say all sorts of things.It is not 100%.There are very few things in life that are.There are people in Italy with very high cholesterols and low incidence of heart disease which is an anomaly.There are communities in Africa which are totally vegan and who live primitive life styles where coronary artery disease is practically non-existent.
We have also seen cases of documented coronary artery disease (by angiography) where after 3 years of a totally vegan diet the blockages have disappeared(again documented by angiography).