The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Chrissy, why no comment on GT Election ?

Curtis 2020-05-14 13:25:30 

Strange that you avoid commenting on the strange twists and turns of Guyana's election.

Why the silence?

JayMor 2020-05-14 13:31:04 

In reply to Curtis

I'm surprised that Dan-de-lion didn't give you an answer already. Hang in there likkle bit; him soon come.

--Æ.

black 2020-05-14 13:38:02 

In reply to Curtis

She did comment on the election and she expressed disgust at the process, all of it.

Kay 2020-05-14 14:43:54 

In reply to black

Are you Chrissy's spokesperson or one of her obedient disciple?

black 2020-05-14 14:48:05 

In reply to Kay

I'm correcting an incorrect statement.

That's all. lol

JayMor 2020-05-14 15:13:44 

In reply to Kay

Count me in as an "obedient disciple" too. Where were you (and Curtis) when she so explicitly expressed her views? The discussion degenerated into idiocy afterward and she smartly pulled out.

Why ridicule Black for helping out? What do you want-- for the thread not to go any further until Chrissy shows up (i.e. if she were to decide to respond)?

--Æ.

Curtis 2020-05-14 15:20:35 

Folks, this is not a court of law here. We chat about many things and it is interesting to hear the familiar regulars point of view on current affairs.

Don't know why a very important topic regionally has become taboo to discuss.

I must admit I don't remember any significant discussion by Chrissy on this topic.

Reason I raise this is I feel some GT peeps are sensitive to matters political, and we have to get past that to move forward.
I am not aware that Chrissy has any particular affiliation with any party in GT, so she would be at liberty to comment freely, like she has in the past. Even if she has a preference, that's fine too, of course.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 15:29:18 

In reply to Curtis

Chrissy seh Bruce Golding should GTFO of Guyana.

Curtis 2020-05-14 15:33:23 

In reply to Larr Pullo

He not credible as a vote counting observer?

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 15:35:47 

In reply to Curtis

The OAS as a body is compromised. Bruce Golding even more so...

Drapsey 2020-05-14 15:38:59 

In reply to Curtis

Bruce was forced (by the international community) to relinquish his office while serving in the capacity of Prime Minister of Jamaica.

ray 2020-05-14 15:42:03 

In reply to Larr Pullo

yuh mean anyone who disagree with APNU and GECOM compromised lol

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 15:48:35 

In reply to ray

And you mean anyone who supports the PPP/c position is fair and above board.

Curtis 2020-05-14 15:49:07 

In reply to Drapsey

Oh Rass. Another issue of contention towards finalizing results.

I saw that Harmon said Golding was once entertained by Jagdeo a while back and therefore his observations are biased.

APNU has had issues with all of the external observers thus far.

jacksparrow 2020-05-14 15:49:15 

In reply to ray

Looks that way why not protest the man before he came and was accredited?
This thing is getting so convoluted people dont even know what led to the present anymore.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 15:54:44 

In reply to jacksparrow

Was there a platform to protest such appointments? The OAS and other such bodies claim they are coming in as Observers, and there they are making announcements on the election before the agreed upon recount process is even completed.

steveo 2020-05-14 15:55:50 

In reply to Larr Pullo

And you mean anyone who supports the PPP/c position is fair and above board.

Do you know the difference between position and facts?

Is it a fact that Mingo rigged the region 4 count or is that a position?

Runs 2020-05-14 16:02:48 

In reply to steveo

lol He is so blinded by his biases he overlooked that.
Read this article titled, “A Sturdy Paper Trail”

Link Text

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 16:05:24 

In reply to Runs

If his question makes sense to you, then you too are biased.

As I stated back in March, if you care to recall, the entire election is compromised and should be done over.

steveo 2020-05-14 16:07:58 

In reply to Runs

He is so blinded by his biases he overlooked that.
Read this article titled, “A Sturdy Paper Trail”

Hey bhai, stop deh, dont bring facts into this, they are biased!!!

jacksparrow 2020-05-14 16:08:20 

In reply to Larr Pullo

the "elections" completed you know. I am sure a responsible Foreign Affairs Ministry could have protested the (perceived)partiality of the observer.
Or could it be that OAS stands behind him?

Walco 2020-05-14 16:08:53 

In reply to Curtis
Chrissy seh long time ago dat expecting democracy from a product of the military was most unwise ...

Runs 2020-05-14 16:09:37 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Why done over, when everyone agreed including the incumbent that it was free, fair and transparent? The RO for Region 4 was given a cooked-up pardon the pun spreadsheet to fraudulently declare the winner. It is that simple, nothing else is wrong with the election but that is a narrative that is being put out there. Let us play over the match never mind our scorer fudge the scoresheet so to speak, in the real world that does not happen my friend. lol

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 16:15:25 

In reply to Runs

The ENTIRE process has to be free fair and transparent. An election is comprised of many different processes culminating in a result. If one part is compromised then the whole thing is compromised.

Curtis 2020-05-14 16:22:06 

In reply to Walco

Chrissy is wise to draw that parallelism, between military and democracy.

That's why we want to hear from her.

jacksparrow 2020-05-14 16:24:07 

seriously gotta give those folks fighting the fraud in Guyana compliments, because it is astounding the audacity of the claims made by the riggers and the obstacles they continue to throw up, while they only had to do one thing to prove thier victory.
Glad for the entertainment during this quarantine but sad for the humanity.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 16:24:56 

In reply to Curtis

That's BS. Not that it probably matters to Chrissy, but is she asserting that any individual who did military service would not make a good presidential candidate?

Curtis 2020-05-14 16:26:44 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Don't know bro, but it seems to play out in this instance, in terms of towing the democracy line.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 16:29:39 

In reply to Curtis

How is it "seemingly" playing out?

Runs 2020-05-14 16:32:36 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Not so, you cannot intentionally fcuk with the scores when you are losing and compromise it sir, as was done here. No court of law will accept that and the CJ ruled so. lol

You are actually lock step and barrel with the fraudsters, what role are you playing?

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 16:35:58 

In reply to Runs

And you're in lockstep with the drug dealing cartels of Guyana. How are you profiting from said illicit operations?

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-14 16:38:19 

In reply to Curtis

mingo is her cousin

She is a fraud...look how democracy is dispensed on this board.

CC and APNU are on par with each other

vsingh 2020-05-14 16:39:22 

In reply to Runs

Larr have Horse blind on, Don't waste yuh time throwing water on duck back. lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-14 16:40:50 

In reply to vsingh

he is not a horse, but a jackass

Runs 2020-05-14 16:51:38 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Discuss the people’s will, do not deflect or relegate to unbased ad hominem attacks, that is a sure sign of someone who cannot debate the facts. lol

Debate this, compare the region 4 RO’s figures and the SOR figures, then come back and lets discuss the discrepancies. lol

Curtis 2020-05-14 17:25:36 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Well it is obvious that there are some serious stalling, erroneous vote counting etc.

You don't see that? From no confidence vote right up to now.

If it was reverse by party, how would this have played out?

Runs 2020-05-14 17:28:24 

Dukes a known coalition supporter has refused to chime in. cool

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 17:30:55 

In reply to Runs

Dude you started the ad hominem attacks. This was you...

"You are actually lock step and barrel with the fraudsters, what role are you playing?"

I have NEVER 'knowingly' voted in an election in Guyana. I say 'knowingly' because who knows what goes on in GT.

Having established that, in the absence of strong systems you will never have elections whose results are satisfying to all. Secondly, the rote challenging of all aspects of the electoral process has to stop. It shows that neither party has bought into the electoral process and that is precisely why it should be scrapped and rebuilt.

Hope this is clear enough for you. I know you are a bright chap, but it seems you cannot overcome your biasness!

Curtis 2020-05-14 17:31:37 

In reply to Runs

He's retired from commenting. Unless things change. lol

Runs 2020-05-14 17:34:30 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Ok, point taken, I never voted myself. Lets pray for democracy and the upliftment of all Guyanese.

anansi 2020-05-14 18:50:57 

How come you Guardians Of Democracy we’re jumping up when House to House registration and cleansing of the voters list was attacked.

Is the voters list compromised?

The elections should never have occurred with that voters list.

You can’t get the voters list right then the election is compromised.

Chrissy 2020-05-14 19:10:36 

In reply to Curtis

Black is correct - all sides are corrupt and the entire process is just as corrupt. Further, when Bruce Golding is considered a good person to arbitrate anything, I pass.
Seriously - it's all farce.

Chrissy 2020-05-14 19:14:13 

In reply to Curtis

Chrissy is wise to draw that parallelism, between military and democracy

I made that comment during the last elections - not even this one and nothing has changed.
The entire process is compromised.

ray 2020-05-14 19:28:17 

The only party with a history of rigging is PNC...I know, I voted 6 times for them one year, and I was not even eligible to vote lol lol

Look...I aint even a PPP supporter, but facts are facts...some people can hide behind general statements that both parties corrupt etc etc....but we all know which party does get on bad when they lose (notwithstandng the behaviour of some PPP supporters recently)

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 19:54:33 

In reply to ray

notwithstandng the behaviour of some PPP supporters recently

Really Ray?

steveo 2020-05-14 20:14:43 

In reply to anansi

How come you Guardians Of Democracy we’re jumping up when House to House registration and cleansing of the voters list was attacked.

Jackass that is the purview of GECOM, who had always maintained that the list was good and the period of Claims and Objections was sufficient to cleanse the list.

It is only thru the illegal appointment of Patterson that the house to house registration came alive, which was another ploy to extend the life of the govt (you remember after they wasted six months debating that 33 is not the majority of 65?)

The elections should never have occurred with that voters list.

You can’t get the voters list right then the election is compromised.

There was no peep about compromise by ANY of the APNU reps at ANY polling station on the day of the elections.

Currently there is only a "narrative" of compromise, there is no proof of ANY dead votes much less the 15000 that the PPP won by.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-14 21:43:24 

In reply to steveo

there is no proof of ANY dead votes much less the 15000 that the PPP won by.

The truth will set you free.

steveo 2020-05-14 21:48:19 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The truth will set you free.

Shut your rass and bring the proof...

that a Gecom election, under a PNC govt was rigged by PPP, under the noses of all their reps and observers and only found out until AFTER the PNC themselves were found to be rigging

Bhai, you are reaching so far, it is hilarious
lol lol lol

Runs 2020-05-14 22:18:51 

Attacking Golding does not change the need for a credible and transparent recount process.

Link Text

jacksparrow 2020-05-14 22:39:19 

In reply to Runs

well what they gonna say now!

Runs 2020-05-14 23:06:26 

In reply to jacksparrow

They are diehard supporters but the outcome has long been known, if not for foreign pressure they would have done the swearing in. Today Alexander recanted and said the outcome from the recount will identify the winner of the elections and it will be used. Look for folks to either go quiet or slowly start disassociating themselves, of course the rigging cabal are dug in and will fight tooth and nail.

jacksparrow 2020-05-14 23:11:48 

U sure? They might try something else

Runs 2020-05-14 23:17:32 

In reply to jacksparrow
Yes, am sure but the pressure will be notched up also.

Chrissy 2020-05-14 23:20:19 

In reply to Runs

I did not attack Golding. He has absolutely no credibility and I'd tell him that to his face.

Maispwi 2020-05-14 23:34:38 

In reply to Chrissy

Dats a cop out Chrissy. You sound like Trump, dere are good people on both sides comment with both sides are corrupt.

De situation will remain dat way until more people like you and Dukes lend your voices to speaking for meaningful change.

Runs 2020-05-14 23:42:53 

Golding as head of the OAS Observer mission would have consulted with what I think was a 17 member party from various countries and give a report based on their input, no?
Broad consensus.

anansi 2020-05-15 00:05:01 

In reply to steveo

Blinders

Chrissy 2020-05-15 00:28:29 

In reply to Maispwi

Bro I een say a ting about good people on either side. I told allyuh what I had to say on dis matter before di last election. For dis election I told allyuh fi put yuh X on di Mobil.
From 1953 to now tell me how many elections in Guyana have been free or fair?

Dat said both sides rig elections

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-15 00:40:26 

In reply to Chrissy

Bro I een say a ting about good people on either side

Charlottesville!!! Lady Trump.....

Curtis 2020-05-15 12:40:50 

The Guyana situation is very baffling to me. Truth is the victim. I believe wholeheartedly that APNU/AFC is barefacedly trying to steal the election but the only people they appear to be convincing they are legit are their own supporters. Whichever way this goes, it does not bode well for Guyana. Plenty unhappy people at the end of it.

Country is fcuked. Again.

Runs 2020-05-15 12:43:29 

In reply to Curtis

Correct, what is sad is that very evening all the players and Gecom knew who won. Guyanese are thought of as a people who have low moral and ethical standards even before this, what this does is reinforce the stereotype. Embarrassing.

jacksparrow 2020-05-15 12:52:04 

This is why leaders and prominent people in the community should call out the fraud instead of perpetuating the lies.The followers are being misled which leads to more hatred.Not easy of course but it should start somewhere.

Runs 2020-05-15 13:16:21 

In reply to jacksparrow

Agreed

Larr Pullo 2020-05-15 13:39:26 

In reply to Curtis

How do you view all the racist Tropes put out by the PPP/c all over the media?

After the last PPP/c administration and Roger Khan et al, do you think APNU and some others would be comfortable with a PPP/c government again?

steveo 2020-05-15 13:48:51 

In reply to Larr Pullo

How do you view all the racist Tropes put out by the PPP/c all over the media?

After the last PPP/c administration and Roger Khan et al, do you think APNU and some others would be comfortable with a PPP/c government again?

Roger Khan was the one that "lost" the AK47s to fineman and company?? Those fine-fine freedom fighters who the PNC supported, and who slaughtered defenseless men,women and children??

steveo 2020-05-15 13:54:41 

In reply to Curtis

I believe wholeheartedly that APNU/AFC is barefacedly trying to steal the election but the only people they appear to be convincing they are legit are their own supporters.

There was a time when those people made fineman and skinny their national heroes, so this is not so unbelievable...Guyana's problems are firmly rooted in the psyche of its people

Hellraiser 2020-05-15 14:29:28 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Do you think after Vincent Teekah, Shirly Field Ridley, Walter Rodney, Guylines, KSI’s, Rice Flour, Cassava Flour, Berri Berri etc that the PNC deserved another chance?

Democracy was respected in 2015. The will of the people was respected then and the majority of Guyanese celebrated. There was much hope. The APNU coalition turned out to be even more corrupt and arrogant than the PPP was.

In 2020 I guess democracy should now be suppressed now because it does not fit the ideology that permeates your prejudiced soul.

I have no doubt that Irfan Ali would make a bumbling and incompetent president. I have no doubt that his academic credentials were forged. In fact he was and always will be a minion of Jagdeo. That being said, the will of the people must be respected and democracy should never be surrendered. Regardless of what you, your other comrades on this forum or APNU are “comfortable” with, the people have spoken.

APNU/AFC should pack up, GTFO and stop embarrassing themselves and their supporters.

StumpCam 2020-05-15 14:41:48 

In reply to Hellraiser

Do you think after Vincent Teekah, Shirly Field Ridley, Walter Rodney, Guylines, KSI’s, Rice Flour, Cassava Flour, Berri Berri etc that the PNC deserved another chance?

This exactly the reason why I try to stay away from Guyana politics! When people are using events that occurred 4 decades ago to determine who they vote for in 2020! No wonder the country is so fucked up! Allyuh deserve what you get!

Chrissy 2020-05-15 14:57:39 

In reply to Hellraiser

Democracy was respected in 2015

Deading wid laugh!

Hellraiser 2020-05-15 15:30:33 

In reply to StumpCam

When people are using events that occurred 4 decades ago to determine who they vote for in 2020!

If this what you interpreted from what I posted above, I suggest you read again.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-15 15:59:53 

In reply to Hellraiser

The Minister of Home affairs, Gajraj gave license to a drug dealer to murder political enemies and others who spoke out against the government. They even murdered one of their own govt ministers AND his family, Sash Sawh over a land dispute. Then when they were caught they sent Gajraj to India on an ambassadorial posting, and Suriname eventually saved Guyana of this scourge by orchestrating his arrest and extradition by the FBI. The Guyana govt did not want to extradite him and other indo drug dealers - refusing to establish a DEA office, and allowing them to hide out in Guyana.

It wasn't that long ago. There is no evidence that Fineman was working for anyone but himself. There is plentiful evidence whose bidding Khan was doing.

Maybe that's why Golding and Jagdeo are thick as thieves. Golding had Dudus Coke and Jagdeo has Khan. Thankfully the Jamaicans knew better and ran him out of Govt. The people of Guyana don't seem to know any better.

BTW it is a FACT that the State Department and the DEA had started making out a case against Jagdeo, which was not pursued when he left office. Now he's pushing Irfan Alli in front as cover.

Runs 2020-05-15 17:04:17 

I do not know why Guyanese will accept a bunch of old washed up ex army soldiers who served under a dictator and exhibit such tendencies to take control. There are many young, bright and capable individuals from the various parties who will be much more efficient.

Curtis 2020-05-15 17:11:39 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Jagdeo cannot run again for President, that's why he has Irfan Ali.

Election theft is a felony.

What is transpiring will rest with Granger and Harmon for the rest of their lives. No hiding.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-15 17:13:22 

In reply to Runs

There are many young, bright and capable individuals from the various parties who will be much more efficient.

Like the fake credentialed fraud Irfaan Alli? Come on man...

Runs 2020-05-15 17:18:10 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I noticed you singled out a particular ethnicity, you are so transparent dude. My young people are QC guys the calibre of Jonas, Gunraj, Jabour, Kanhai, Ruel, Forde, France etc I have no time for that ethnic politics crap you old fellas are stuck on. cool

ray 2020-05-15 17:20:06 

There are misconceptions by both Afro and Indo Guyanese about each other. I think for the most part we get along, but ages old disagreements sometimes get in the way of meaningful conversations. Politics and politicians sometimes find it to their advantage to keep things this way to ensure their viability.

We need to show more empathy, understand our fears, and find common ground...

Chrissy 2020-05-15 17:26:26 

In reply to ray

I like your thinking

Chrissy 2020-05-15 17:31:48 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The same peeps who want support now never once called out all the land tiefing and di drug running.

Guyana is big enough for all sides to thrive. But no both sides want everything for only dem and di Americans and Brits encouraged di hatred. Sort it out yuhselves and leff me out of it.

steveo 2020-05-15 17:42:52 

In reply to Chrissy

The same peeps who want support now never once called out all the land tiefing and di drug running.

Are you talking about the board or in Guyana general??

I for one had written many published letters to the various news papers during the PPP admin criticizing corrupt practices.

I know the Guyanese that are calling for a respect of the voters are the same ones that criticized the PPP, just a few:

Freddie Kissoon
Ralph Ramkarran
Ruel Johnson

Hellraiser 2020-05-15 17:47:42 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I refuse to believe that you do not know how democracy works.

Runs 2020-05-15 17:50:43 

I have seen prominent intellectual black Guyanese call Mingo a hero for what he did, smh. With thinking like that how can the nation ever progress. shock

Drapsey 2020-05-15 18:03:33 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Like the fake credentialed fraud Irfaan Alli? Come on man...

I asked the question before but got no response...

Is Irfaan Ali Hindu or Muslim? Or should I ask whether he is Indo-Guyanese?

ray 2020-05-15 18:05:25 

In reply to Drapsey

Muslim

Drapsey 2020-05-15 18:22:53 

In reply to ray

Thanks.

jacksparrow 2020-05-15 20:28:24 

You guys see Kathy Hughes press this afternoon

Runs 2020-05-15 20:33:54 

In reply to jacksparrow

They are all dug in, could not get in by fraud so now discredit the elections. These folks are not good people.

steveo 2020-05-15 20:42:26 

In reply to Runs
Bro if they come out they fcuked, jail and all sort of sh!t await

Being there they inking various types of oil deals to themselves, service contracts to Exxon and the like

They are cashing in

Runs 2020-05-15 21:05:30 

In reply to steveo

Sad, am shocked this bunch seems to be so corrupt. Not good for the average citizen as they get nothing.
Without the proper laws and local content policy I fear only a few will benefit from it, sadly Guyana seems void of people in positions of power with high moral standards and character.

From today’s Jamaica Observer.

Time to End This Shameful Circus in Guyana
Link Text

Chrissy 2020-05-15 21:25:06 

In reply to steveo

Agree re those three and there are other decent folks in Guyana and here but there is massive distrust among all sides and there are more than two.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-15 22:02:06 

look at this barefaced skunt

PNC RECENT $90M GYD THIEF, Cathy Hughes remains in Denial of Mingo’s Election Thievery...

Larr Pullo 2020-05-15 23:12:44 

In reply to Runs

Why aren't they running for office? I know one young guy who threw his hat in the ring and was immediately threatened.

Larr Pullo 2020-05-15 23:14:18 

In reply to Chrissy

Exactly!

Curtis 2020-05-16 00:08:13 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Ladies & Gents

Stay focused.

Election fraud.

Not right.

Not good.

Don't diss Dukes. He retired.

Plus Chrissy condemned PPP corruption but went silent for this thievery.

Very transparent.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-16 00:40:43 

In reply to Curtis

The “dr” lack ethics....
De skunt went to Guyana to join APNU and lost to Mingo
This senseh fowl plucks her own feathers
The hungry belly one eats bedeesee dhal and rice, wears their clothing the bore a hole in their plate.

They are no benefit to democracy

Now they deflecting out thieving land and sell drugs.

Bawling about fineman, bighead and finefoot getting spread out for breaking out of jail and committing crime. Pssh

Bring back the black clothes squad. Or hire Shaw RUK Khan. De man can Mek u dance

anansi 2020-05-16 00:57:54 

Guyana will never be fixed unless there is serious electoral reform (starting with a credible voters list) and laws on the book/constitutional amendment preventing any form of ethnic domination in the private sector or public sector.
No “place name accords”. Anti-discrimination laws on the book.

Guyana’s problem is deep seated fear of African or Indian domination.
Remove that fear with sound laws and constitutional amendments and that fear dissipates. People will vote on issues.

There was about 4 years in the late 50s and early sixties when Jagan was in charge and he introduced policies that benefit Indians in the private and public sector.

The was 28 years of Indian marginalization in the late 60s 70s and 80s
There was 23 years of African marginalization in the 90s and aughts and 2010s.

When Jagdeo stands up and says PPP will reign for 20, 30, 40, 50 years....anyone oppressed and marginalized for 23 years is going to be filled with fear, and say to themselves that should never be allowed to happen under any circumstances.
Passive acceptance of suppression is not a basic instinct that any human has.

Electoral reform (including sanitizing the voters list)

#No dictatorship
#No Ethnocracy
# No 20, 30, 40, 50 year Reichs.

black 2020-05-16 01:04:07 

In reply to anansi

You get it, others don't.

Start with a totally unbias elections commission but don't stop there, race based parties should be a thing of the past.

Chrissy 2020-05-16 01:17:15 

In reply to anansi

Remove that fear with sound laws and constitutional amendments and that fear dissipates. People will vote on issues

THIS.

Chrissy 2020-05-16 01:18:36 

In reply to Curtis
Bro I called out di tiefing one election ago. I told allyuh straight not to look fi democracy from di army.

jacksparrow 2020-05-16 01:58:14 

But the people have spoken and like it or not there has to be a winner. Based upon observation so far who do you all think it is and why?

anansi 2020-05-16 02:28:22 

Link Text

Hope Freddie actually learned something this time and at least provides a decent thoughtful response.

However, the broadcast preliminary report of one observer group, though like others, critical of the Region Four counting process, was heard on Voice of Guyana to make the following points: First, that there was something very wrong and in need of correction for a country with Guyana’s population to have an electorate of over 600,000 voters

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-16 03:00:25 

Here is your hero. Frame it and hang it

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-16 03:25:02 

In reply to Chrissy

In reply to anansi

Remove that fear with sound laws and constitutional amendments and that fear dissipates. People will vote on issues

THIS.

Setting fire on Indians in Wismar and claimed you father saved some Indians like Schindler from Schindler List?

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-16 03:47:27 

Allegations of election irregularities not ‘willy-nilly’, there is evidence– Cathy Hughes.

A senior member of the APNU+AFC coalition on Friday said the party has evidence in its possession to support its claims of irregularities at the polls on March 02, 2020, but it will not hand over the evidence to the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) unless the electoral body says what it will do with it.

APNU+AFC’s Cathy Hughes said GECOM must say how it intends to deal with the objections being made in the ongoing recount exercise. She said claims by the coalition are not being made “willy nilly” and it is now up to GECOM to decide how it will deal with the claims.

“We have a right to make an objection and then it is for the system to deal with that objection and what we are asking is how is it going to be dealt with,” Hughes told reporters camped outside the Arthur Chung Conference Center where the recount is taking place.

The coalition has back-peddled on its earlier claims that the March 02, elections were free, fair and credible and have now come forward with allegations of votes being cast for persons who are dead or were not in the country on elections day.

The incumbent APNU+AFC is also concerned with other procedural anomalies that are being discovered as ballot boxes are reopened during the recount.

Hughes said while the coalition was comfortable with how polling was done on March 02, it now wants proper explanations of the discoveries being made in the recount.

“Somebody has to explain how that happened,” she added. Hughes said the coalition had made objections since E-Day and is now demanding a proper explanation for what transpired.

But despite claiming to make these objections on March 2, the coalition was pushing for its leader incumbent President David Granger to be sworn in on the basis of the fraudulent declarations made by the Returning Officer of Guyana’s largest voting district.

Hughes said the coalition is eager to find out how GECOM intends to deal with the information now included in observation reports which are compiled after each ballot box is counted.

“This is where we want to call on GECOM and the PPP is also free to check whether the death certificates are valid or not and this is where I want to say that there is a suggestion that we are here wasting time, that is not the case. We have valid death certificates for persons who have voted,” she told reporters

Hughes said the coalition has already provided some evidence to GECOM and she believes it is for GECOM to investigate.

She was in part responding to earlier comments by GECOM Commissioner Sase Gunraj who claimed that these allegations are to be dealt with at the level of the courts through an elections petition.

Gunraj said Friday he doesn’t believe the onus is on GECOM to prove the truth of any allegation being made.

This bitch needs to self conflagrate

Curtis 2020-05-16 12:00:23 

In reply to Chrissy

Yes, you did call it out.

Anansi is correct.

Guyana is a lot like the Land that Time Forgot in many ways. I guess that's why so many of us are no longer there.

Curtis 2020-05-16 13:16:54 

Harmon and Patterson hire a PR firm?

Runs 2020-05-16 15:29:29 

Just a reminder that they are eventually caught and brought before the courts.
Financier of Rwandan genocide arrested.
Link Text

B16JP587S 2020-05-16 16:51:35 

I have no doubt that although Mr Golding read and submitted that report to the OAS, that all the other OAS observers signed on and approved it.

Are we to question the integrity of all of them? In any case, casting aspersions on Golding is just a weak and futile attempt to divert attention from the contents of the message.

Chrissy 2020-05-16 16:55:25 

In reply to B16JP587S

People in JA deading wid laugh on public radio and all over social media at the thought of Golding using the word partisan. What a freaking joke.

nick2020 2020-05-16 17:04:40 

In reply to Curtis

I hope you notice there is a difference.

B16JP587S 2020-05-16 17:05:10 

In reply to Chrissy

People in JA deading wid laugh on public radio and all over social media at the thought of Golding using the word partisan. What a freaking joke.

Nonsense tu quoque argument. You are partisan in many ways. So I should not give your opinion any credence the way you do Golding's. Even though Golding has hard facts.

B16JP587S 2020-05-16 17:16:56 

In reply to B16JP587S

I am partisan to West Indies cricket so nobody should believe me when I say something great about West Indian cricketers. After all I am partisan.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-16 17:37:00 

In reply to B16JP587S

lol

DirtyDan 2020-05-17 21:04:58 

How can we trust those that refuse to condemn obvious corrupt actions?

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-17 21:22:40 

In reply to DirtyDan

Lobotomy Is an option they will present to you cool