The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

B-New: Trump calls for Obama testimony

Casper 2020-05-14 17:02:20 

Poor thing, the Obama tick on his backside is getting him delirious.

President Trump on Thursday escalated his attacks against former President Obama over what Trump has viewed as wrongdoing against his campaign by officials in the previous administration, saying that Republicans should call on the former president to testify.

“If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama,” Trump tweeted. “He knew EVERYTHING.”

The president specifically singled out Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), telling him to “just do it” and to stop playing “Mr. Nice Guy.”

Sen Lindsey Graham, probably recognizing how highly unusual this would in an era of the most unusual and unprecedented things coming from Trump, pushes back against this request.

“As previously stated, there will be oversight of all things related to Crossfire Hurricane," Graham said after Trump's tweet, referring to the name given to the FBI's Russia probe.

“I am greatly concerned about the precedent that would be set by calling a former president for oversight," he continued.

"No president is above the law. However, the presidency has executive privilege claims against other branches of government," Graham added.

Obama is giving Trump nightmares, and he hasn’t even got going yet, in what is going to be a hotly contested presidential campaign.

Trump is running scared, because he knows Obama will not be holding back this time. It’s too important to let a Trump have another four years.

Casper 2020-05-14 17:17:33 

Trump, the little crybaby.

carl0002 2020-05-14 17:26:39 

I hope the Democrats don't buy into this hypocritical diversion. To a man they need to all have a consistent messaging to this diversion. Its a hoax, its a diversion, we will testify when he decides to answer questions in front of a committee on the Mueller report.

Actually I think Trump is putting the GOP in a bad position by this nonsense. It is going to backfire spectacularly on them all.

Oilah 2020-05-14 20:47:56 

If a man's physical size was proportional to his character Trump would be invisible to the naked eye. rolleyes

hotarobin 2020-05-15 02:38:53 

In reply to Oilah

If a man's physical size was proportional to his character Trump would be invisible to the naked eye.

A Royal Flush of Hearts!!!