The Biden-Abrams Audition on MSNBC

Casper 2020-05-15 02:33:51 

Biden called for this joint appearance. The message is clear

black 2020-05-15 03:01:06 

In reply to Casper

So is this a foregone conclusion?

Casper 2020-05-15 03:13:13 

In reply to black

Pretty well. But I promoted and suggested this would be the preferred team from a while ago.

Ask Dukes. lol lol

Casper 2020-05-15 03:17:07 

In reply to black

BTW, did you think she did a good job tonight?

I thought she did. She came across as honest, energetic, knowledgeable and ready to take on Trump and Pence.

black 2020-05-15 03:18:57 

In reply to Casper

Well, she is very talented but I thought he would have gone with someone on the National stage.

Anyway, good choice if that is the case.

black 2020-05-15 03:21:17 

In reply to Casper

BTW, did you think she did a good job tonight?

I only saw the tail end but I've seen her interviews before, she is very talented.

Casper 2020-05-15 03:32:22 

In reply to black

Well, he’s going for the black vote, the southern vote, the middle of the road progressives and someone who is not going to draw the ire of the many factions in the a Democratic Party. She makes the perfect choice.

I am sure all the other contenders for V.P. came away tonight saying, “that’s it”.

sudden 2020-05-15 11:43:42 

In reply to Casper

i prefer AOC. that women is so sexy i can have her quadruplets

VIX 2020-05-15 12:52:58 

Yeah, murcan swing voters would surely support a ticket with Abrams lol lol

crazies on the loose

sudden 2020-05-15 12:58:14 

In reply to VIX

they supported one with Trump at the top of the ticket and Pence in a support role didnt they? big grin

Dukes 2020-05-15 13:19:15 

In reply to Casper

I think Biden is going to pick Kamala. Stacey's consolation prize was an appearance on MSNBC with Biden to show her supporters that Biden has great respect for Stacey.

GO TO THE TOP OF THE CLASS JOE!!!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ewart 2020-05-15 13:31:58 

In reply to Dukes

Let's see whether Biden reappears in a similar tv setting along with Kamala.

wink

//

VIX 2020-05-15 13:48:51 

In reply to sudden

yes THEY did big grin

carl0002 2020-05-15 14:04:05 

They could simply be focus group testing live on television.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-15 14:08:43 

Abrams pick is win for Trump

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-15 14:10:34 

In reply to sudden

Auck is an airhead. Her positions are all methinks with no technical merit

Biden needs a commanding speaker. What is his name.... Beta o’rurke

In education, everyone is a handicap if you are not a Tall White Man

Black tall man. Handicap cap is black.

nickoutr 2020-05-15 15:24:26 

if you believe Tara Reid then you shouldn't vote for me .... I wouldn't even vote for me if I believed tara reid

nickoutr 2020-05-15 15:28:32 

hilderbeast and don't want to give up power hussein on ballot
big grin

nitro 2020-05-15 15:39:14 

In reply to nickoutr

Biden/Abrams Shyte Show!

dayne 2020-05-15 16:45:59 

If Biden selects Abrams it would play right into Trump's hands as he is not shy about playing the race card to the racist crowd. In middle America Abrams will not play well, Biden already has the minority Vote, he has to be working on getting the middle America Vote.

Walco 2020-05-15 16:56:04 

In reply to Dukes
So you don't remember Biden courting Abrams before announcing that he was running for the Democratic nomination? There was even talk back then that Biden would pre-announce Abrams as his VP running mate at the time same time he announced he was running for President.

Walco 2020-05-15 17:03:10 

In reply to dayne
Biden is as middle America as they get. Why do you think he is killing Trump in polls of Michigan and Pennsylvania? By the way Clinton also had the minority vote, except that tons of black people stayed home on election day and did not vote. And we know how that turned out for HER. Biden will not make that same mistake. Abrams will get the black vote to turn out.

dayne 2020-05-15 18:58:20 

In reply to Walco

Well you might be right, but as I recall, Clinton won the popular vote by about 3 million Votes, but she lost the Electoral College because she lost by a small margin in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, States that have a smaller percentage of minority voters in comparison to many other States, so my reasoning is the lack of minority votes did not determine the last Elections.

Walco 2020-05-15 20:01:25 

In reply to dayne

In Pennsylvania, overall turnout was up from 2012 (from 5.6 million to 6 million), but the racial composition of the electorate was significantly different. Clinton won 92 percent of African-Americans and Obama won 93 percent of African-Americans. But in 2012, black voters made up 13 percent of the electorate; in 2016, they comprised just 10 percent of the electorate.

In terms of raw votes, that means roughly 130,000 fewer African-Americans voted in Pennsylvania in 2016 than voted in 2012. If those voters had shown up on Tuesday, that alone would've been enough for Clinton to hold Pennsylvania by a razor-thin margin.

jacksprat 2020-05-15 20:01:31 

In reply to dayne

She lost Michigan by less than 10,000 votes. Predominantly Black Detroit, alone had many thousand eligible voters who elected to sit out the election.

Walco 2020-05-15 20:23:11 

Trump won Michigan by 0.2 points (10,704 votes). In 2012, African-American turnout was about 755,000 voters, but that number was only about 718,000 African-Americans turned out to vote in 2016. I am not saying that Biden does not need to appeal to white working class voters in middle America, but Clinton would have won in 2016 if African Americans had shown up like they did in 2012.

sudden 2020-05-15 20:25:40 

Gimme AOC as VP or I am not voting

POINT 2020-05-15 20:27:38 

In reply to Dukes

I am in total agreement with what You have stated here . Kamala is very Sharp
and being trained as a Lawyer , can more than match Trump and whoever he selects .

That was evident when she verbally took on Barr the man who must be disbarred,
during the Hearing . Her Legal expertise will be an asset to Biden .

Dukes 2020-05-15 20:36:03 

In reply to Walco

So you don't remember Biden courting Abrams before announcing that he was running for the Democratic nomination? There was even talk back then that Biden would pre-announce Abrams as his VP running mate at the time same time he announced he was running for President.

Of course I remember all that.Biden re-inforced the perception that Stacey is under serious consideration.That is a significant boost to Biden in the black community and to black voters in both North and South Carolina and of course Georgia.Remember there are competitive Senate races in both Carolinas and both Senate seats are up in Georgia.
Biden can get a significant boost from dancing with Stacey both from the Presidential race point of view and the Senate races.
My view is that if he turns around and picks Kamala he will still get Stacey supporters as well as some people who do not think that Stacey is ready especially considering that Biden will be 78 on Inauguration Day.

Dukes 2020-05-15 20:37:40 

In reply to sudden

AOC guh mek yuh grow hair in de miggle of yuh palms!!!!!!!

VIX 2020-05-15 21:28:42 

Backroom logic:
Ethnic male VP candidate? Nyeaahh

White female VP candidate? NO way!!

Ethnic female VP candidate???? YEAHHHHHH bring it on!!! lol

sudden 2020-05-15 22:25:39 

In reply to Dukes

AOC could be Mrs Sudden any day. In fact she could be Mr Sudden if she wants

Casper 2020-05-15 23:16:57 

In reply to Dukes

I think Biden is going to pick Kamala. Stacey's consolation prize was an appearance on MSNBC with Biden to show her supporters that Biden has great respect for Stacey.

GO TO THE TOP OF THE CLASS JOE!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the best you can do? lol lol

Casper 2020-05-15 23:21:13 

In reply to dayne

.......but she lost the Electoral College because she lost by a small margin in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania,

That's the small margin of Black in those said states who couldn't bring themselves to vote for her

Casper 2020-05-15 23:35:02 

In reply to POINT

I am in total agreement with what You have stated here . Kamala is very Sharp and being trained as a Lawyer , can more than match Trump and whoever he selects .

And what do you think Stacey is? Minced meat?

She is not only a lawyer, but she is also a businesswoman and legislator, originally from the midwest and grew up in the south. So, she's covering all the bases.

Abrams, the second of six siblings, was born to Robert and Carolyn Abrams in Madison, Wisconsin, and raised in Gulfport, Mississippi. The family moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where her parents pursued graduate degrees and later became Methodist ministers. She attended Avondale High School, where she was selected for a Telluride Association Summer Program. While in high school, she was hired as a typist for a congressional campaign and at age 17 she was hired as a speechwriter based on the edits she had made while typing.

In 1995 Abrams earned a Bachelor of Arts in interdisciplinary studies (political science, economics and sociology) from Spelman College, magna cum laude.While in college she worked in the youth services department in the office of Atlanta mayor Maynard Jackson. She later interned at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. As a freshman in 1992, Abrams took part in a protest on the steps of the Georgia Capitol, during which she joined in burning the state flag. At that time Georgia's state flag incorporated the Confederate battle flag, which had been added to the state flag in 1956 as an anti-civil rights movement action. The flag was designed by Southern Democrat John Sammons Bell, an attorney and Chair of the Democratic Party of Georgia who was an outspoken supporter of segregation.

As a Harry S. Truman Scholar, Abrams studied public policy at the University of Texas at Austin's LBJ School of Public Affairs, where she earned a Master of Public Affairs degree in 1998. In 1999 she earned a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School.

Legal and business career

After graduating from law school, Abrams worked as a tax attorney at the Sutherland Asbill & Brennan law firm in Atlanta, with a focus on tax-exempt organizations, health care, and public finance.[1] In 2010, while a member of the Georgia General Assembly, Abrams co-founded and served as the senior vice president of NOW Corp. (formerly NOWaccount Network Corporation), a financial services firm.

Abrams also co-founded Nourish, Inc., a beverage company with a focus on infants and toddlers, and is CEO of Sage Works, a legal consulting firm that has represented clients including the Atlanta Dream of the Women's National Basketball Association.

Casper 2020-05-15 23:42:15 

As I have said many times before, the AG job is there for Kamla, if she wants it.

POINT 2020-05-16 00:12:24 

In reply to Casper

I have no problem if the roles are reversed between Kamala and Stacey .

Dukes 2020-05-16 00:27:37 

In reply to Casper

Is that the best you can do?

NO. It is the best that Sleepy Joe can do!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Casper 2020-05-16 01:31:44 

In reply to Dukes

I am disappointed that you are falling fo a cheap Trump slogan.

Stacey is going to help Biden win the presidency "bigly".

Dukes 2020-05-16 01:51:44 

In reply to Casper

Stacey is going to help Biden win the presidency "bigly".

On this we agree.
I just told you exactly what Biden's strategy is.

BTW As a voter in Florida,I am not only going to be voting for Biden,I will be organizing to ensure that everybody I know in Florida also vote for him and am putting my money where my mouth is by supporting important senate races in Maine and Arizona.

HumbleCalf 2020-05-16 01:56:09 

In reply to Dukes

Florida, rassta yuh really retire!

You seem to ignore the reports that Biden's wife is not big on Kamala, has Jill gotten past that attack on Joe?

black 2020-05-16 02:00:08 

In reply to HumbleCalf

You seem to ignore the reports that Biden's wife is not big on Kamala, has Jill gotten past that attack on Joe?

That is petty stuff, if Jill Biden can't get over Democratic rivalry, how is she going to handle, Trump?

POINT 2020-05-16 02:24:43 

In reply to Casper

What Stacey has in her favour, coming to think of it is that the Democrats have California locked up .

So putting Stacey on the Ticket is likely to put her state in play in the
General Elections .

Kamala would be the Attorney General, and since California is a bastion of the Democratic Party , her replacement will obviously be a Member of the Democratic Party .

black 2020-05-16 02:28:01 

In reply to POINT

Very good points, POINT. lol

Casper 2020-05-16 03:01:32 

In reply to POINT

I mentioned all those points way back when I first suggested Stacey as VP and Kamla as AG.

Casper 2020-05-16 03:08:06 

In reply to black

That is petty stuff, if Jill Biden can't get over Democratic rivalry, how is she going to handle, Trump?

I agree with that. I hope that is not true. In the end Jill should know that all hands on deck is the only way her husband wins. No time to be a Nancy Reagan and carrying grudges.

nitro 2020-05-16 04:09:01 

In reply to Casper

Biden will lose no matter who is his VP pick but the Amy woman is a much better pick than Stacy (not pleasing on the eyes) Adams and fake, boring, whoring Kamla.

POINT 2020-05-16 13:05:00 

In reply to Casper

Well take a Bow , I was unaware that You had stated that before I did .

Casper 2020-05-16 13:31:11 

In reply to nitro

Biden will lose no matter who is his VP pick but the Amy woman is a much better pick than Stacy (not pleasing on the eyes) Adams and fake, boring, whoring Kamla.

It’s is widely understood on this MB, why, for you, Amy is more pleasing on the eyes than Stacey.

You are so much like Trump; it’s no wonder you drink the Kool-Aid.

black 2020-05-16 13:49:01 

In reply to nitro

Biden will lose no matter who is his VP pick but the Amy woman is a much better pick than Stacy (not pleasing on the eyes) Adams and fake, boring, whoring Kamla

That's why we have an incompetent idiot in the Whitehouse right now. Idiots like you don't take into consideration the person's ability to do the job.

XDFIX 2020-05-16 14:19:51 

Elizabeth is my pick, she has plans for everything and can assume the office of Presidency immediately should Joe kicks the bucket!

nitro 2020-05-16 15:43:13 

In reply to black

Trump has done a great job. If it was not for his great economy we would be in much deeper trouble.

Any President would have had a horrid time with this Chinese virus. The USA is the center of the world, especially NY.

Due to his strong leadership and bravery in face of this epidemic our economy will recover much faster than expected, while we learn to live with this virus.

nitro 2020-05-16 15:45:47 

In reply to Casper

Amy is not pleasing to the eyes, but at least shoe does not look obese. Kamla is cute and smart but she is fake and people do not trust her.

XDFIX 2020-05-16 17:54:49 

My second pick Harris is Joe Biden's first pick

And all that's left is for him to make the big announcement!

Watch this space!

Drapsey 2020-05-16 18:30:15 

In reply to Casper

Should Biden pick Abrams for VP candidate, it would only be in emulation of GHW Bush's pick of Don Quayle back in '88. Such a pick served as a deflection from all his personal negatives.

Can you imagine the field day for opponents in their targeting of Abrams' unmistakable if not overbearing presence?

Dukes 2020-05-16 18:54:20 

In reply to Drapsey

Can you imagine the field day for opponents in their targeting of Abrams' unmistakable if not overbearing presence?

That sounds very UNPLEASANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drapsey 2020-05-16 19:05:11 

In reply to Dukes

Maybe, but it all happened before when she ran for Gov of Georgia.

Narper 2020-05-16 19:12:27 

Susan Rice says she would 'certainly say yes' to be Biden's VP

XDFIX 2020-05-16 19:17:59 

In reply to Narper

Not a bad choice, but the selection is already locked up!

dayne 2020-05-16 20:07:50 

An interesting conversation, but I am of the opinion that Stacey Abrams looks will work against her for the V/P spot and against Biden if he picks her, Biden made a mistake when he made that declaration that his V/P will be a woman, he boxed himself into a corner. With the high reviews Cuomo is getting for the handling of the virus in NY he would have been a good pick for the V/P.

sudden 2020-05-16 21:21:13 

In reply to dayne

Cuomo said he is not interested in the national politics and doesnt appear to be the type of guy who would want to be a VP unless he is sure Biden would only serve a year

birdseye 2020-05-16 23:00:45 

In reply to Dukes

If you are right,he made a mistake, how big a mistake, I don’t know…. That would be akin to what happens on the show – the bachelor – where the bachelor leads-on/flirts with one or more of the women – leads them on and then select someone else. Stacey may not overtly behave like a spurn mistress, but the body language and her supporters would be pissed, and it would show….. what I don’t know is – did Biden request her participation, or was it the host’s idea.

Fantom 2020-05-16 23:50:24 

In reply to POINT

Kamala would be the Attorney General, and since California is a bastion of the Democratic Party , her replacement will obviously be a Member of the Democratic Party .

Kamala's replacement will be the Mayor of Los Angeles.

Fantom 2020-05-16 23:58:44 

In reply to nitro

Trump has done a great job. If it was not for his great economy we would be in much deeper trouble.

Trump is a crook - a criminal; a tief - who by his incompetence and selfishness has destroyed the great Obama economy.

The Crooked Liar so wanted to destroy everything Obama built,

Fantom 2020-05-17 17:09:26 

Ha ha ha - what an ass!!!

"Testing is overrated".
"If we didn't do any testing, we would have very few cases...".

Ay, caramba!!! whew!

embsallie 2020-05-17 17:51:21 

In reply to nitro

Any President would have had a horrid time with this Chinese virus. The USA is the center of the world, especially NY.

Due to his strong leadership and bravery in face of this epidemic our economy will recover much faster than expected, while we learn to live with this virus.

Stop making a fool of yourself.

Anyone who supports Trump, whether they are entitled to their opinion, is a fool and deserves zero respect

embsallie 2020-05-17 17:52:46 

In reply to nitro

Amy is not pleasing to the eyes, but at least shoe does not look obese. Kamla is cute and smart but she is fake and people do not trust her.

Straight from the Trump palybook.
Moron.

embsallie 2020-05-17 18:14:35 

Why is it that there is an age cut on for a President (cannot be younger than 39) but there is no cut-off age?

Seems to me that is the age old practice of age discrimination.

Frankly I think the age range for a US President should be 39 to 67, man or woman.

While I will vote for anyone to save America from the current disaster that is the Trump Administration,
I still think we democrats could have done better, going with someone younger, more energetic and with a fresher set of ideas, while maintaining a clear distinction between what Dems and Repugs stand for.

VIX 2020-05-17 18:25:21 

Lemme say this right about now! If Biden picks an ethnic female as his VP candidate, its 4 more yrs for Trump!

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-17 18:30:42 

In reply to VIX

Tall moderate White man will do. Under 60. Too much handicap to to overcome from others in the current polarizing environment.

Ethnic Female has a lot of selling to do...

Harris is a black jailer lady...

The heavy set lady has a chip on her shoulder.

embsallie 2020-05-17 18:57:53 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

The heavy set lady has a chip on her shoulder.

Wow! You could say her name.

sudden 2020-05-17 20:04:13 

In reply to VIX

are u saying that in this environment current Obama couldnt win?

VIX 2020-05-17 20:12:55 

In reply to sudden

nah, I never said that

Dukes 2020-05-17 20:25:58 

In reply to embsallie

The age is 35 to be eligible to be President.

Dukes 2020-05-17 20:28:01 

In reply to birdseye

It was Biden's idea not the host.He wanted her to articulate the phenomenon of voter suppression.

sudden 2020-05-17 20:28:34 

In reply to VIX

you could have made a case that he wouldnt just like you said that

If Biden picks an ethnic female as his VP candidate, its 4 more yrs for Trump!

VIX 2020-05-17 20:35:06 

In reply to sudden
For sure if Obama was an ethnic female!

sudden 2020-05-17 20:39:13 

In reply to VIX

what about a white female?

embsallie 2020-05-17 23:32:49 

In reply to Dukes

The age is 35 to be eligible to be President.

I stand corrected.

Casper 2020-05-18 00:21:09 

In reply to sudden

you could have made a case that he wouldnt just like you said that

Vix would like us to pretend that is not what he wants to happen, even as he appears to be one of those individuals more interested in being able to say he was proven right, and in achieving that, the ends are the worst off of all worlds.

Vix, this MB mascot Contrarian.

VIX 2020-05-18 11:48:16 

In reply to sudden

Senile Biden needs all the help he can get. Young(ish) White male or 4 more years of Trump!

VIX 2020-05-18 11:49:39 

In reply to Prowi
I cOuldn't care less about murca.
Go take your meds and look at pix of Serena. You'll feel better.

sudden 2020-05-18 12:07:14 

In reply to VIX

i never understand why Biden is described as senile and Trump isnt?

Link Text

Link Text

Link Text

Link Text

i could go on and on. the list is v long

birdseye 2020-05-18 12:22:07 

In reply to sudden

Guess you have to consider the source wink wink

VIX 2020-05-18 12:32:44 

In reply to sudden

Trump is known to be senile. Who you trying to convince?

But that's already priced in!

sudden 2020-05-18 14:18:34 

In reply to VIX

equal senility then- all square big grin

carl0002 2020-05-18 15:29:05 

In reply to Casper
Vix like the typical insect reacts to whatever the environment throws at him. When the Dotard stuff is so ignorant he bawls out "Murca" and pontificate on how idiotic is the American voter. When the Dotard situation improves, show signs of improvement he bawls out "4 more years" and pontificate on how bad Biden and the other democratic candidates were. When the Dotard is so outrageous so that the Dotard foolishness starts impacting peoples lives (since this is the only thing that matters in a Repugnants life, like when the stock market was tanking), he crawls into his hole to wait it out and only crawls out when any of the previous 2 situations subcede the current situation.
big grin big grin big grin

VIX 2020-05-18 22:07:35 

In reply to sudden

Trump's senility, incompetence, stupidity, crookedness, deviance etc.. are already priced in!! Known knowns lol

VIX 2020-05-18 22:07:56 

In reply to carl0002

cool story bro