Message Board Archives

Obama to deliver commencement address to 20 20 High School grads

birdseye 2020-05-15 20:56:30 

The expect a Billion people to watch ----commercial-free
This aint going to go down well with the Donald

Casper 2020-05-15 21:02:45 

In reply to birdseye

The stars are out for Obama.

Former President Barack Obama will deliver a televised prime-time commencement address for the Class of 2020 during an hour-long event that will also feature LeBron James, Malala Yousafzai and Ben Platt, among others.

ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC will simultaneously air the special May 16 at 8 p.m. Eastern along with more than 20 other broadcast and digital streaming partners, according to the announcement Tuesday from organizers.

Several high school students from Chicago public schools and the Obama Youth Jobs Corps will join, as will the Jonas Brothers, Yara Shahidi, Bad Bunny, Lena Waithe, Pharrell Williams, Megan Rapinoe and H.E.R.

The event is titled “Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020.” It’s hosted by the education advocacy group XQ Institute, The LeBron James Family Foundation and The Entertainment Industry Foundation.

Obama will reflect on the COVID-19 pandemic’s disruption of school life, especially for seniors who have missed out on their milestone rites of passage.

“This high school graduation season will be anything but ordinary — but that’s all the more reason why the Class of 2020 deserves extraordinary advice, heartfelt encouragement, and hard-won wisdom about facing new challenges in an uncertain world,” Russlynn Ali, CEO and co-founder of XQ Institute, said in a statement.

“We are grateful to President Obama for giving this gift to our nation’s three million high school seniors as they #GraduateTogether,” he added.

VIX 2020-05-15 21:08:19 

Oh fact!

Stock up on your kleenex!

Backroom crazies will buy them out!

Someone, black, prowi, larr, birdseye, point! Organize a backroom Zoom circle jerk!! lol

embsallie 2020-05-15 21:25:57 

In reply to birdseye

Obama should replace Biden on the ticket. That would be the nail in the coffin for Dotard Trump, since he will not only lose bigly, but to his nemesis.

birdseye 2020-05-15 23:05:43 

In reply to Casper

ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC will simultaneously air the special May 16 at 8 p.m. Eastern along with more than 20 other broadcast and digital streaming partners, according to the announcement Tuesday from organizers.
Will FOX really show this --- this is not going to sit well with the Donald --- I will believe it when I see it - Will FOX really show this --- this is not going to sit well with the Donald --- I will believe it when I see it --- he is probably been on the phone to Murdoch imploring him not to allow the event to show on FOX

Casper 2020-05-15 23:44:12 

In reply to birdseye

No way FauxNews would carry that. Do you want Trump to chew them out?

Casper 2020-05-15 23:46:27 

In reply to VIX

Organize a backroom Zoom circle jerk!

Pray tell the Back Room how that is done.

nitro 2020-05-15 23:53:59 

In reply to birdseye

Ok, what is the big deal.

birdseye 2020-05-16 00:48:14 

In reply to nitro

Ok, what is the big deal.
The evolution of our specie ---it is so damn slow --- one chisel-stroke at a time ---but don’t give up- big grin big grin

birdseye 2020-05-16 10:25:02 

In reply to nitro

I am reminded of this quote from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

But I reckon I got to light out for the territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she’s going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can’t stand it. I been there before….

But hang tight – one chisel stroke at a time – the sculpturing will continue to change your whole soma
big grin